FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > this morning

this morning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the controversial topic on This Morning was the new sperm clinic opening offering 'celebrity sperm' did anyone else watch it? Is it just me or is this morally and ethically just plain wrong?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *weetdebWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I just watched it...starts at 15 grand for some commoners sperm and he wont say how much the premier footballers sperm will cost...madness !!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I just watched it...starts at 15 grand for some commoners sperm and he wont say how much the premier footballers sperm will cost...madness !!!!"

But would you really want your kid looking like Rooney or Lescott?

OMG anyone with brains would steer well clear! I can't see it being open for business for long.

What happens if the baby looks like the celeb and claims maintainence ha ha

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I saw this and even persuaded my work phone call to listen in so that we could gasp in horror together.

America had a MENSA/brains one that did the same. Whether it is still going I don't know.

He was a bit cagey on how you verify the provenance of the donation.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm lost for words. For once. Sad thing is, there are women who will do it

I know there are a lot of celebs that are complete wankers - but a.) do they need the money? And b.) will said wankers be doing it on video so you know which sample is theirs?

"I'm lost for words. For once. Sad thing is, there are women who will do it "

I looked at artificial insemination by donor (a long time ago). It never once crossed my mind that I should be looking for famous sperm!

"I'm lost for words. For once. Sad thing is, there are women who will do it "
. For any woman who is desperate enough for a child they would be willing to pay any sum. I know that feeling only too well, but I set myself a goal to be honest I think children are born from love really and thus a blessing. Unfortunately I'm single so it's hardly going to happen is it ha ha. My clock is ticking too which is putting more pressure on. I decided if by the time I'm 40 if I should still be single I'm going to a fertility clinic to use a sperm donar. However I wouldn't pay that amount for sperm of a footballer etc. a normal person will do me. Afterall a child becomes a person following a parents lead I feel.

"I'm lost for words. For once. Sad thing is, there are women who will do it . For any woman who is desperate enough for a child they would be willing to pay any sum. I know that feeling only too well, but I set myself a goal to be honest I think children are born from love really and thus a blessing. Unfortunately I'm single so it's hardly going to happen is it ha ha. My clock is ticking too which is putting more pressure on. I decided if by the time I'm 40 if I should still be single I'm going to a fertility clinic to use a sperm donar. However I wouldn't pay that amount for sperm of a footballer etc. a normal person will do me. Afterall a child becomes a person following a parents lead I feel. "

Start the process before you turn 40. It takes times and you can always stop before insemination if that is what you decide. I couldn't go through with it in the end but just the fact that I was getting closer to 40, at the time, raised all sorts of questions.

If I were to have to choose, I'd want the sperm of someone intelligent, tall and healthy. I have a low opinion of many professional footballers and of a lot of celebrities.

There'd be no guarantee of the traits you're aiming for to be passed on and as already said, there is the nature v. nurture aspect.

"If I were to have to choose, I'd want the sperm of someone intelligent, tall and healthy. I have a low opinion of many professional footballers and of a lot of celebrities.

There'd be no guarantee of the traits you're aiming for to be passed on and as already said, there is the nature v. nurture aspect."

The father of my son is tall, intelligent, healthy and very successful. Pity he was (maybe still is) such an emotionally stunted idiot too and couldn't even be bothered to attend our son's funeral.

After that donor seemed a better option.

» Add a new message to this topic