FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Naming time wasters

Naming time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

What constitutes a timewaster in your opinion?

And naming them will never be allowed on this site as it would be open to too much abuse

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

1071 would be better. At least leave bank holidays free

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I would like to out the Op as a timewaster....he said he would turn up on Saturday night and failed to show or let me know he wasn't coming.....

Maybe now the Op understands why it wouldn't work, as it would be all too easy to make up rubbish about members....as I have done here.

Are there timewasters on this site then??

Hope no one outs us

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"I would like to out the Op as a timewaster....he said he would turn up on Saturday night and failed to show or let me know he wasn't coming.....

Maybe now the Op understands why it wouldn't work, as it would be all too easy to make up rubbish about members....as I have done here."

itd be quite easy really - all mods would have to do is look at the email correspondence.

Forum Mod

"Are there timewasters on this site then??

Hope no one outs us "

Your on the list!

Forum Mod

Hope no one outs us

Your on the list! "

Oh my word now im on a list for bad grammar!

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

I spend too much time on here when I should be doing meaningful and constructive stuff elsewhere.... does that make me a timewaster???

Forum Mod

"I would like to out the Op as a timewaster....he said he would turn up on Saturday night and failed to show or let me know he wasn't coming.....

Maybe now the Op understands why it wouldn't work, as it would be all too easy to make up rubbish about members....as I have done here.

itd be quite easy really - all mods would have to do is look at the email correspondence."

If someone has been reported for not turning up admin will investigate

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

itd be quite easy really - all mods would have to do is look at the email correspondence."

So now we want to have Mods checking out private messages sent between members do we?....what next?

How many hours would that take ..... It would me never ending!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers. "

okay..... so i know that you have not turned up for socials... and the last time you arranged to have a meet, you didn't let that person know after them arranging traveling time and hotel costs...

you bad man.....

**** none of the above is true *** but now do you see why naming and shaming doesn't work!.... it is your word against mine...

Ive been called a time waster many times by guys because ive spend a few dsays talking to them then decied not to meet

should i be on this list?

thing is what some people call time wasting others see as acceptable

Hope no one outs us

Your on the list! "

Oh no!!!! What ever shall we do???

Is it a hit list?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Maybe admin could send a representative along to every meet to make sure there is no time wasting going on.

Even better idea. They could leave an impartial veri

Forum Mod

itd be quite easy really - all mods would have to do is look at the email correspondence.

How many hours would that take ..... It would me never ending!!"

Yeah poor admin is all I can say,but there is an option to report people that don't turn up

Theres also an option to report for fakes too,hell you can report for anything,they will look at it but it does'nt mean that just because a report has been put in it actually has any basis of truth

"Maybe admin could send a representative along to every meet to make sure there is no time wasting going on.

Even better idea. They could leave an impartial veri "

Yeah poor admin is all I can say,but there is an option to report people that don't turn up

Theres also an option to report for fakes too,hell you can report for anything,they will look at it but it does'nt mean that just because a report has been put in it actually has any basis of truth "

Spot on!!

As I understand it this is already what happens. If we feel someone is a time waster or a fake we report. If there's no other reports it's unlikely anything will happen but if another 2 or 3 people do a similar report on the same profile that would corroborate it and admin can then do something about it.

The problem is that people have lives outside swinging. Last minute changes in circumstance may mean a cancelled meet, but that does not constitute a timewaster.

I myself have had to cancel meets, because something has come up. But if you asked any of my playmates, none would say I am a timewaster

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

Even if it were possible it still wouldn't work because as most of us know, the fakes and timewasters generally have several profiles anyway, so really the ball is back in your court, it's up to you to define your meet criteria and put into action some of the fantastic advice you can get from the forumites here regarding that.

"Maybe admin could send a representative along to every meet to make sure there is no time wasting going on.

Even better idea. They could leave an impartial veri "

Brilliant idea! LOVE IT

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

Has the OP defined yet what he means by timewaster??

As previous posters have said its too easy to name and shame maliciously.

I meet rarely and am.ultra paranoid if I arrange a meet and something comes up legitimately and I have to cancel. I could.then be labelled a timewaster but would have no right to reply if I am named and shamed somewhere.

I have never wasted time or had my time wasted but my meets are usually a while in the planning if and when.they happen.

While I am not naive enough to expect every report to.be investigated it is not a huge leap of faith to expect a report to be logged against a user and then if multiple reports are received then action to be taken.

yumsville

How many hours would that take ..... It would me never ending!!"

just throwing an opinion out on how it could be done fairly.

Timewasters are an issue - especially if youve made time, have limited time, or travelled a distance to meet someone.

I drove to liverpool (fairly briskly) for a short notice meet - to wait there, have her go all quiet and not turn up.

1, it was a waste of petrol, 2, i did speed a little, 3, it could have been a fake profile trying to get someone into trouble, 4, 'she's' free to do it to someone else

yumsville

if they dont turn up after arranging to meet say 3-4 times (reported by different people) in a short period then they should be removed in my opinion.

Circumstances to change yes but the amount of women and couples I meet/chat to about it - cutting the wheat from the chaffe would surely make things better for all.

These people not only waste the eveniing but take up correspondence and have you horny for a non eventful evening.

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

just throwing an opinion out on how it could be done fairly.

Timewasters are an issue - especially if youve made time, have limited time, or travelled a distance to meet someone.

I drove to liverpool (fairly briskly) for a short notice meet - to wait there, have her go all quiet and not turn up.

1, it was a waste of petrol, 2, i did speed a little, 3, it could have been a fake profile trying to get someone into trouble, 4, 'she's' free to do it to someone else"

She might have been a he!!! did you think of that?

yumsville

yep i did

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers. "

What about girls profiles, the ones that say what they are looking for and the kind of person they arn't, they go on to explain how 'Fancy a fuck' isnt acceptable, and tell you if you fit the bill get in touch.

Then dont reply.

Thats time of mine, wasted. You cant name and shame them though.

"if they dont turn up after arranging to meet say 3-4 times (reported by different people) in a short period then they should be removed in my opinion.

"

And what stops them just opening a new profile?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

There should be a list of timewasters in the forum that we can add to.

They would get a point for every time they didn't turn up.

The timewaster with the most points at the end of every week would be publicly executed right in the face.

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers.

What about girls profiles, the ones that say what they are looking for and the kind of person they arn't, they go on to explain how 'Fancy a fuck' isnt acceptable, and tell you if you fit the bill get in touch.

Then dont reply.

Thats time of mine, wasted. You cant name and shame them though."

Maybe you wasn't their type...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers.

Then dont reply.

Thats time of mine, wasted. You cant name and shame them though."

Thats the problem, peoples definitions of timewaster

I've recently been given the label timewaster for keeping my profile active to use the forums when my profile states I'm taking a break during pregnancy. I even had it hidden but were still getting messages from people trying it on when there was no way they could find out anything bout me from my profile n still got called a time waster. Time waster is the label people like to giv u just merely for saying no sometimes so it wouldn't be fair to name and shame

"There should be a list of timewasters in the forum that we can add to.

The timewaster with the most points at the end of every week would be publicly executed right in the face."

Your executing everybody this week

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"yep i did"

well them maybe the lesson is there not to be so quick.... in the fact that I would never leave for a meet without having a telephone number and speaking to them on the phone... or without having an address of which to go to......

and i don't consider correspondance to be "time wasting" if a meet doesn't happen.... either I decided that meet isn't going to happen... or they have decided it....

you haven't left the house.... are you telling me you wouldn't be on here anyway if not for answering a few pieces of mail.... really???

people are very very quick to throw around the word "timewaster" if things don't go their way...... its an easy out, and you are in no way blameless..... heaven forbid you did everything right....

The timewaster with the most points at the end of every week would be publicly executed right in the face."

Maybe just beat them to within a inch of their life with dildos in the town centre and brand TW on their forehead?

yumsville

"if they dont turn up after arranging to meet say 3-4 times (reported by different people) in a short period then they should be removed in my opinion.

And what stops them just opening a new profile? "

im not a genius - though IP address can be removed/blocked, for a period of time?

i doubt mods can look at messages unless they have been reported

and quite often the person who thinks the other person is a time waster is normally the one at fault, as thats the sorta attitude that puts people off meeting others.

after all if you get knock back after knock back after knockback or people changing their minds on you all the time, then its usually something your doing not what everyone else is doing.

yumsville

"yep i did"

Was this meet organised just via messaging on here?

Did you speak on the phone?

See eachother on webcam?

9 times out of ten meets that go pear shaped are more due to lack of common sense and careful planning, rather than anything else! I had my first ever cancellation last week - 5 mins before we were due to meet and just after I'd paid for a few hours parking!

We'd messaged on here, sent texts via mobile - and spoken on the phone. Still went tits up.

So what did I do? Reported. And moved on! It's going to happen to everyone at some point.

But if its happening a lot - is it a problem with them? Or your actions in selecting and communicating with your meets?

another site we were on used 5 stars and if someone got reported they lost half a star and so on but it was always checked by admin so it was only valid complaints we came onto this site because it was free to join we have met some good poeple from here but sadly had a lot of timewasters aswell x

yumsville

i doubt mods can look at messages unless they have been reported

and quite often the person who thinks the other person is a time waster is normally the one at fault, as thats the sorta attitude that puts people off meeting others.

after all if you get knock back after knock back after knockback or people changing their minds on you all the time, then its usually something your doing not what everyone else is doing.

"

I know plenty of people (women) who are looking for sex, who arrange a meet well in advance, to have correspondence up to the night before to then have it go all quiet on the day.

i.e no replpy to "you still ok for 7pm".

Its a wasted journey of correspondence when finding a meet who is decent or that you like at short notice is near impossible.

They annoy me - well sort of...

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers. another site we were on used 5 stars and if someone got reported they lost half a star and so on but it was always checked by admin so it was only valid complaints we came onto this site because it was free to join we have met some good poeple from here but sadly had a lot of timewasters aswell x "

Just out of interest?

What's a 'valid complaint'?

And what stops them just opening a new profile?

im not a genius - though IP address can be removed/blocked, for a period of time?"

And what if they join through another PC or phone with a different IP address.

I just think that when you arrange a meet, you should do all you can to ensure it will go ahead.

+Message the person to make sure you are compatible

+Speak to them over the phone to make sure they are real

+Make a specific time and place to meet

+Call or text the day you are due to meet to make sure they are still on for it

I have followed these rules and have never been let down. Maybe I am just lucky at pre-selection?

So people would be happy paying say a tenner a month to.finance a team of scrutineers to check and double check reports of timewasting, listen to mitigating facts and pass judgement on whether a user is a timewaster so they can be banned and then set up again as IP blocking is frankly useless.

OR

Do what we can to minimise occurances but accept it is a sad fact of life that there are wasters and fantasists.

yumsville

i have just said what youve said.

Ive only been let down once - in the above mentioned example - but I hear enough of it to know its a problem

Im just chatting..

yumsville

"yep i did

Was this meet organised just via messaging on here?

Did you speak on the phone?

See eachother on webcam?

9 times out of ten meets that go pear shaped are more due to lack of common sense and careful planning, rather than anything else! I had my first ever cancellation last week - 5 mins before we were due to meet and just after I'd paid for a few hours parking!

We'd messaged on here, sent texts via mobile - and spoken on the phone. Still went tits up.

So what did I do? Reported. And moved on! It's going to happen to everyone at some point.

But if its happening a lot - is it a problem with them? Or your actions in selecting and communicating with your meets? "

I know the general score re. setting up a meet.

Ive mention one failed meet not several.

I am replying to a thread that someone made to chat about.

Please dont think im incapable of decent communication or that I am in some way obtuse.

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters. As this site seems to have a big problem with them i feel there should be a list compiled of regular offenders. Not only would this make life a lot easier for the genuine swingers it would also (hopefully) bring down the number of people doing it.Now i know this can never be fully stopped but if it stops three people a day from doing it thats 1095 less a year. This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers. another site we were on used 5 stars and if someone got reported they lost half a star and so on but it was always checked by admin so it was only valid complaints we came onto this site because it was free to join we have met some good poeple from here but sadly had a lot of timewasters aswell x

Just out of interest?

What's a 'valid complaint'? "

well i had a mail from a guy in Glasgow in response to a meet for a gangbang but allready had enough names he then bombarded me with insults saying I was a dirty aids spreading monkey lover,it shook me to the core he got reported and a month later got mesg from diferent profile saying do you do the funky gibbon the thing is I would have probly met at another meet,I have also sometimes had to cancel at lastminute for reasonable reason,I try to give poeple loads of chances because I know things can crop up a guy cancelled twice but turned up on third meet turns out he's a single dad we are still friends

I am in the camp of, we've never experienced a time waster, and when we say we meet we will do.

Some things can occur, and meets will have to be cancelled at the last minute for genuine reasons, and that would be unfair to name & shame them.

I think you just have to be more careful when organising meets that they have passed all your criteria checks and I also believe I have good intuition which doesn't let me down as I can tell a "time waster" from the start.

Those that have family emergencies or anything in that category you can tell the difference.

I also believe expect nothing!

So if a meet goes according to plan you can smile, if it doesn't then you haven't got your hopes up and then the feeling of being let down.

in the night garden

"I am in the camp of, we've never experienced a time waster, and when we say we meet we will do.

Some things can occur, and meets will have to be cancelled at the last minute for genuine reasons, and that would be unfair to name & shame them.

I think you just have to be more careful when organising meets that they have passed all your criteria checks and I also believe I have good intuition which doesn't let me down as I can tell a "time waster" from the start.

Those that have family emergencies or anything in that category you can tell the difference. "

Believe me once you have been slighted by these ffffffucking bbbbbastards you will want them dead too!

The reason that would never work is that this site facilitates meets between consenting adults. Being on here doesn't guarantee things will go well, it just allows like-minded adults to chat and arrange meets.

Why should it be the Moderators job to investigate people not turning up? There is still a large part of this site is free an as far as I know, the Mods do it for nothing so the amount of investigations would sky-rocket, they'd have to take on more Mods to cope and then the site would probably have to start charging more for silver or gold membership then everyone would probably moan about that!

Also, what constitutes a time-waster? Someone you exchange messages with and for reason they just stop replying? You make arrangements to meet and they text you 10 mins before to say their little girl fell off her bike and hurt herself and they can't make it? Everything isn't black and white so just accept its always going to happen and if it happens to you a lot, maybe ask yourself why it keeps happening to you!

"I am in the camp of, we've never experienced a time waster, and when we say we meet we will do.

Those that have family emergencies or anything in that category you can tell the difference.

Believe me once you have been slighted by these ffffffucking bbbbbastards you will want them dead too!"

You are very scary of late, hotel beds and where to hide bodies You have reaffirmed why we should never meet you

"Hi everyone i would like some input from you all regarding naming time wasters.......This iam sure would make a lot more happy swingers. "

No, it wouldn't make anyone any happier, save for the asshats who lurk on this site who get a stalk-on knowing that they have sent someone on a futile 80- mile round trip or who have a hand shandy just at the thought of having a meet.

All it would seek to do would be to instil a sense of paranoia in the legitimate swingers and a fear of arranging meets in case an emergency came up and cancellation meant being effectively 'tarred and feathered'

It would end up, overall, with less arranged meets - counter-productive to the idea of a 'name and shame' in the first place.

in the night garden

"You are very scary of late, hotel beds and where to hide bodies You have reaffirmed why we should never meet you "

Tut! I'm just being friendly and helpful, sharing the practical knowledge I have learned.

P.S. I haven't really killed anyone (yet) I am just being sarcastic.

But! In the future when I/Invictus discover his/my love for axes, things take a rather dark downward turn.

Hope no one outs us

Your on the list! "

Gawd... that reminds me of a certain Dads Army scene.....

To paraphrase Tony Benn.. "One persons timewaster is another persons 'perfectly-reasonable-person-who-had-a-gut-feel-that-a-meet-was-not-onthelevel-and-wisely-pulled-out-at-the-last-minute'... "

So..... on that basis.... how could you decide FAIRLY who is a timewaster or not?

Some people pull out of meets without giving a reason (and also blocking the other person) because when they have bothered to offer genuine excuses previously, they have received what amounts to hate mail via the site and so take the safest route to protecting themselves against the fall-out.

Using a bit of reverse psychology, how about taking a look at yourself and asking why someone would pull out of a meet with YOU at the last minute??? Is there anything YOU could have done to make the appointment/meet more 'guaranteed'? I had this precise conversation with someone else on Fabs who was getting let-down after let-down. When you found out the truth about what was going on, it was - in truth - 75% down to HER - NOT the 'timewaster'...

Just an observation...

Since "Timewaster" on here seems to mean "did not do exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it" then we're probably all guilty from someone's perspective.

Therefore admin should delete all the profiles on here. Sorted.

I've encountered three timewasters so far. Two single men and a couple (twice). I blocked and moved on. I didn't report as I didn't see the point. I've reconsidered that now following another thread.

I've also had to cancel two meets (one the day before, one several hours before).

Some people probably don't intend to be timewasters. They may be quite new and chicken out, but go on to have successful meets in the future. It may be one half of a couple arranging it and the other half doesn't know. They may have an actual emergency, (it happens. The time I cancelled a few hours before was one). They may just not feel like it on the day and not feel they can fake it but hesitate about cancelling or are worried about cancelling and decide hiding until it's over is a better option. They may be let down by a babysitter.

It's not a simple judgement to make.

And unless someone has arranged a meet and not shown up, or has cancelled at really short notice (after you've started getting ready/set off), they aren't timewasters. No matter how many messages you sent and how long you spent on them.

I've told quite a few people I'd like to meet them but circumstances don't allow it right now. Some of them probably consider me a timewaster.

Hi

My name is Bussy and I am a time waster.

Do not worry however. I will not waste your time.

My hands are far too full wasting my own.

Regards

Bussy x

"Since "Timewaster" on here seems to mean "did not do exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it" then we're probably all guilty from someone's perspective.

I've encountered three timewasters so far. Two single men and a couple (twice). I blocked and moved on. I didn't report as I didn't see the point. I've reconsidered that now following another thread.

I've also had to cancel two meets (one the day before, one several hours before).

Some people probably don't intend to be timewasters. They may be quite new and chicken out, but go on to have successful meets in the future. It may be one half of a couple arranging it and the other half doesn't know. They may have an actual emergency, (it happens. The time I cancelled a few hours before was one). They may just not feel like it on the day and not feel they can fake it but hesitate about cancelling or are worried about cancelling and decide hiding until it's over is a better option. They may be let down by a babysitter.

And unless someone has arranged a meet and not shown up, or has cancelled at really short notice (after you've started getting ready/set off), they aren't timewasters. No matter how many messages you sent and how long you spent on them.

I've told quite a few people I'd like to meet them but circumstances don't allow it right now. Some of them probably consider me a timewaster."

we'd never consider you a timewaster, and well you know it Lol! How's it goin', btw?

"Hi

My name is Bussy and I am a time waster.

Do not worry however. I will not waste your time.

My hands are far too full wasting my own.

Regards

Bussy x"

We've missed you, Bussy... nice to see you back.... and xx

"Since "Timewaster" on here seems to mean "did not do exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it" then we're probably all guilty from someone's perspective.

I've told quite a few people I'd like to meet them but circumstances don't allow it right now. Some of them probably consider me a timewaster.

we'd never consider you a timewaster, and well you know it Lol! How's it goin', btw?

"

Well, thanks. Though life gets in the way of fun far too much.

i think they should name them

i got a bollocking off a mod for naming one who had pissed me about.

had to rewrite my whole profile cos they wiped it clean.

unfair of you ask me.there are so many wasters they need naming and shaming

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll never allow naming of timewasters. It's stupid for many reasons which you can find already discussed on the forums.

One of which is, there are around 100,000 people using this site each day. Do you expect them to check your profile for your daily updates before they contact anyone on the site.? It wouldn't even begin to make sense.

If you have problems with people making arrangements and not turning up, please REPORT them to Admin to review/resolve .

Admin x