FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Final music

Final music

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morbid as it sounds i have been writing my will and as its MY will have been choosing a few tunes to go to the furnace with, Anyone else done this? And if so is there a piece of music you would have just to show your true personality?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Morbid as it sounds i have been writing my will and as its MY will have been choosing a few tunes to go to the furnace with, Anyone else done this? And if so is there a piece of music you would have just to show your true personality? "

Always look on the bright side of life, raised enough eyebrows whilst alive one more time not going to hurt

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

My nan had 'you are my sunshine' played as the curtain closed. She sang it to every baby and child in the family, it was her song in every way....the whole congregation sang it at the crematorium, it was lovely in its own special way and I know if I ever have kids that's what I will sing to them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agnus Dei - Faure's Requiem

My Way - Frank Sinatra

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The Devil went down to Georgia.

Remember John Peel relating the story about a freind of his wife having told her daughters off over hearing them saying that they'd play ding dong the witch is dead at their mother's funeral

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Tracy Chapman Unsung Psalm. The music list for my funeral is next to my Will. The Allegri Miserere is on there and I have to have Jerusalem and my favourite hymn, Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence.

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Don't cry - guns and roses is written into my will. The lyrics pretty much sum up what I'd want to say to my children.

Talk to me softly, There's something in your eyes. Don't hang your head in sorrow, And please don't cry

I know how you feel inside I've, I've been there before. Something's changing inside you, And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight, I still love you baby. Don't you cry tonight, Don't you cry tonight. There's a heaven above you baby. And don't you cry tonight

Give me a whisper, And give me a sigh. Give me a kiss before you tell me goodbye. Don't you take it so hard now, And please don't take it so bad. I'll still be thinking of you, And the times we had...baby

And don't you cry tonight. Don't you cry tonight. Don't you cry tonight. There's a heaven above you baby. And don't you cry tonight

And please remember that I never lied. And please remember how I felt inside now honey. You got to make it your own way, But you'll be alright now sugar. You'll feel better tomorrow, Come the morning light now baby

And don't you cry tonight.And don't you cry tonight. And don't you cry tonight, There's a heaven above you baby. And don't you cry. Don't you ever cry. Don't you cry tonight. Baby maybe someday, Don't you cry, Don't you ever cry, Don't you cry, Tonight

Beautiful

I've had my Will since I was 21 and review it every 2 years incase I need to make changes.

I've got Robot Boy by Linkin Park

not really thought about it but seeing as you asked i have just sat and had a think

I think i would like zzyzx street by stone sour played at my funeral because i bloody love that song and i think it would be a good song to play

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Kasabian - I'm on fire

Charlene Soraia- wherever you will go

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Mike Stern - Still There...beautiful piece of music, S sobbed her eyes out when he performed it at Ronnie Scott's and I hadn't even told her it was my funeral music at that point !

Ok the guns and roses lyrics and thinking of leaving my kids made me sob

But then I sob at Lion King movie!

By *om.lionheartMan  over a year ago

Kirkby-in-Ashfield

For me it wiild be The Morning Fog by Kate Bush. A short, sweet, beautiful song....says what I'd want to say.....

The light

Begin to bleed,

Begin to breathe,

Begin to speak.

D'you know what?

I love you better now.

I am falling

Like a stone,

Like a storm,

Being born again

Into the sweet morning fog.

D'you know what?

I love you better now.

I'm falling,

And I'd love to hold you know.

I'll kiss the ground.

I'll tell my mother,

I'll tell my father,

I'll tell my loved one,

I'll tell my brothers

How much I love them.

Hmmm could have king of the swingers from the jungle book

I think I'd want people to have a chuckle at my send off, so I'd have 'In dulce jubilo' by Mike Oldfield playing in a jolly fashion as the coffin made its merry way along...its probably my favourite christmas tune anyway and would add a bit of cheeriness to the occasion.

And I'd want it timed so that as the flames started their business that guitar bit would kick in!

Goodbye To Romance by Ozzy has always been one of the songs I want playing at my funeral.

Another nice one is a tune called Friends by Joe Satriani and as they're putting me in the ground they will be playing Top Of The World by Van Halen.

» Add a new message to this topic