FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bank cock up

Bank cock up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etillante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Well a good one today, got a Debit Card for my business account. Went on Saturday and unlocked, changed the pin number and tried to withdraw a small amount of cash. Told me to contact the bank.

Went into the branch this morning and was told no prob with the account. I went to the ATM asked for the cash and was told the transaction could not be carried out as there was insufficient funds in the account. Which was a shock as on Friday there was plenty in. Asked for a balance and the account was shown as being over £1700 overdrawn.

This freaked me out as a) I don't run an overdraught and be it meant a considerable amount of money had dissapeared over the weekend.

Went into the branch and guess what, it appears they had issued me with a card for another account. Nothing to do with my business.

If the account had been ok, I would have taken the money and put the card back in my purse, till the next time. It was only , luckily for the company, that they were overdrawn that meant I could not take any money out and continue using the card, til I next checked my bank statement.

I now have a bank going ape shit over what had happened. Not half as much as the ape shit I felt when I thought I'd lost thousands

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

so, no chance of a coffee?

By *etillante OP   Woman  over a year ago

I'm waiting till 5.30 and then it's G & T time, sod the coffee

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

hehe .. gets the lime