FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Serious question - recorded message ?

Serious question - recorded message ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had a call on the house phone, a recorded, computerised voice saying:

This is a fraud prevention call for Mr (my sons name) from Barclays Bank, press any key to continue.........

Has anyone else had this I'm assuming its some kind of scam and just put the phone down ?????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes they do use automated calls for fraud prevention.

I used my card in Crete and an automated message was left exactly the same from Lloyds Bank. I phoned them and it was left by them.

"Yes they do use automated calls for fraud prevention.

I used my card in Crete and an automated message was left exactly the same from Lloyds Bank. I phoned them and it was left by them."

Thank you Honey, hopefully they will call again then ? x

Had one from Nationwide before

I used my card in Crete and an automated message was left exactly the same from Lloyds Bank. I phoned them and it was left by them.

Thank you Honey, hopefully they will call again then ? x"

May be better to get your son to ring them and see what the problem is before they put a block on his card. They put mine down to a £30 a day limit till I phoned and sorted it.

May be better to get your son to ring them and see what the problem is before they put a block on his card. They put mine down to a £30 a day limit till I phoned and sorted it."

This place has to be just the best place ever, on what other swinging site would you consider asking a serious question like this and getting serious help - you guys and this site are amazing - hugs to every single one of you xxxxx

May be better to get your son to ring them and see what the problem is before they put a block on his card. They put mine down to a £30 a day limit till I phoned and sorted it.

This place has to be just the best place ever, on what other swinging site would you consider asking a serious question like this and getting serious help - you guys and this site are amazing - hugs to every single one of you xxxxx"

Please stop advertising that I can serious and helpful, it will totally ruin my evil bitch image...thankyou.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Just had a call on the house phone, a recorded, computerised voice saying:

This is a fraud prevention call for Mr (my sons name) from Barclays Bank, press any key to continue.........

Has anyone else had this I'm assuming its some kind of scam and just put the phone down ?????"

As others have said it is true, but I had never heard of a bank doing this before.

I would have put the phone down exactly the same as you and rang the bank myself to see if it was them.

We went to Amsterdam not long ago and my card was declined while there as it was being used in a different place than normal so I just assumed banks just decline the sale not ring you up....although if they had rung us up we wouldn't have answered anyway

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never give out any information regarding bank account details to anyone until you are 1 million percent certain that they are who they say they are, if it IS your bank they will already know your details, I know this is a genuine situation in 99% of occasions, but the scammers know this happens too and it has been known that they use a ploy to get your card details, then pretend they need your pin number to allow you to "change" or "add" an extra security question etc, the real banks will NEVER ask for your pin number over the phone, just be very very careful please .

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never give out any information regarding bank account details to anyone until you are 1 million percent certain that they are who they say they are, if it IS your bank they will already know your details, I know this is a genuine situation in 99% of occasions, but the scammers know this happens too and it has been known that they use a ploy to get your card details, then pretend they need your pin number to allow you to "change" or "add" an extra security question etc, the real banks will NEVER ask for your pin number over the phone, just be very very careful please . "

This is very true. A well known scam is they ask you to confirm that you still physically have your card and they'd like you to prove it by giving them the 3 digit security code off the back.

As for a card being declined when abroad, many banks allow you to phone them in advance and give them trip dates and destination - they then flag the card as allowing purchases to be approved in those destinations. I do this every time and have never had a card declined (but there's always a first time !)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never give out any information regarding bank account details to anyone until you are 1 million percent certain that they are who they say they are, if it IS your bank they will already know your details, I know this is a genuine situation in 99% of occasions, but the scammers know this happens too and it has been known that they use a ploy to get your card details, then pretend they need your pin number to allow you to "change" or "add" an extra security question etc, the real banks will NEVER ask for your pin number over the phone, just be very very careful please .

This is very true. A well known scam is they ask you to confirm that you still physically have your card and they'd like you to prove it by giving them the 3 digit security code off the back.

As for a card being declined when abroad, many banks allow you to phone them in advance and give them trip dates and destination - they then flag the card as allowing purchases to be approved in those destinations. I do this every time and have never had a card declined (but there's always a first time !)"

Yeah I did get told this after we returned from Amsterdam, that we should have informed them we were going to be using the card abroad.

The odd things about that is, we had been to Rome and Paris previous to that and used the cards there without any problems so it wasn't something we thought we would have to do.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never give out any information regarding bank account details to anyone until you are 1 million percent certain that they are who they say they are, if it IS your bank they will already know your details, I know this is a genuine situation in 99% of occasions, but the scammers know this happens too and it has been known that they use a ploy to get your card details, then pretend they need your pin number to allow you to "change" or "add" an extra security question etc, the real banks will NEVER ask for your pin number over the phone, just be very very careful please . "

You see I am with you on this one. Even if people told me this is how banks do things, I would still put the phone down and phone my own bank.

"

Please stop advertising that I can serious and helpful, it will totally ruin my evil bitch image...thankyou."

Ok will tell everyone you pm'd me and were really really evil and bitchy how's that lol xxxx

I had someone from HSBC get with stroppy with me because i wouldn't give her my details, and said i'd call them. she could have been anyone as far as i knew. but back to the original question, always call the bank yourself, never press a number with any automated call, a lot of phone scams use this system. when you press the keypad to be 'connected' the call is redirected to an international number, which costs you a fortune.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

My Bank text messaged me when i was in Egypt as they were worried my card was being used fraudulently.

Phoned them back and got it sorted tho thank gawd as they had put s atop on it.

But agree with above - never give your details til are ARE sure.#

I got caught on the hop once and gave my details out to a man calling from BT.

As i put the phone down i suddenly shit myself that i was going to get scammed, so did 1471 and called em back = luckily for me it WAS bt.

» Add a new message to this topic