FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > utility bills Grrrrrrrr

utility bills Grrrrrrrr

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

With British gas putting up there prices today

Dam i wish everyone in the uk could go to one supplier as a group and fix the prices for a few year,

me thinks i need to spend a few hours on the comparison sites to see if i can make a saving

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With British gas putting up there prices today

Dam i wish everyone in the uk could go to one supplier as a group and fix the prices for a few year,

me thinks i need to spend a few hours on the comparison sites to see if i can make a saving"

There is a company that is set up as a buying group, they are called the UtilityWarehouse. I was with them for a few years and got very good prices. the only drawback was they only did variable Direct Debit, which meant big bills in the winter and tiny ones in the summer.

Prices are bad at the moment. Oil price is rising, gas is too. The government has put Feed In Tariff and Renewable Obligation charges on bills, along with the money we pay to support the Scots electric infrastructure, about 25% of what you pay is made up with building green energy plants that dont work!!!

Good luck on finding a deal. I work for the Major Business side of one of the Big 6, so I know it aint easy getting a good deal!

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

cheers ben,

are you saying it can only go up and to get a fixed deal ?

looks like i can get 18 months at one price fixed

or

24 months fixed but at @ £80 a year more than the 18 month one

both offer a saving on what i pay now, which would you go for ?

» Add a new message to this topic