FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > S.A.D

S.A.D

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Following on from "he nights are drawing in" are there many S.A.D (Seasonal affective disorder) sufferers in the forums?

I'm a sufferer myself but try hard not to let the gloomy days get to me too much.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My name is Licketysplits and I am SAD. I try and do the getting daylight/sunlight to my retinas at the peak hours between 11am and 2pm. I just want to hibernate until March.

"My name is Licketysplits and I am SAD. I try and do the getting daylight/sunlight to my retinas at the peak hours between 11am and 2pm. I just want to hibernate until March."

lol I moved my desk over to the window in a bid to get more light last winter, but now I get no work done because I'm too busy watching the dozens of birds which frequent the bird feeders in the garden!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

have you two tried taking vitamin D, its supposed to help.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Don't know if I have S.A.D. but I certainly can get a bit down this time of year. Must be the thought of spending money at Christmas - bah! Humbug!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"My name is Licketysplits and I am SAD. I try and do the getting daylight/sunlight to my retinas at the peak hours between 11am and 2pm. I just want to hibernate until March.

lol I moved my desk over to the window in a bid to get more light last winter, but now I get no work done because I'm too busy watching the dozens of birds which frequent the bird feeders in the garden!"

Invest in a lightbox?

I always feel a bit low at this time of year but once autumn is over and the winter starts I feel ok again!

By *acheal LeeTV/TS  over a year ago

birmingham

I get worse every year, have been diagnosed with SAD syndrome as they call it. Just have to buy more clothes to cheer myself up lol. X

"My name is Licketysplits and I am SAD. I try and do the getting daylight/sunlight to my retinas at the peak hours between 11am and 2pm. I just want to hibernate until March.

lol I moved my desk over to the window in a bid to get more light last winter, but now I get no work done because I'm too busy watching the dozens of birds which frequent the bird feeders in the garden!Invest in a lightbox?"

I've tried a Light Box, but as I'm never still for long it didn't seem to have much effect

A meet a day keeps the S.A.D away , honest

"A meet a day keeps the S.A.D away , honest "

Are you providing a new charitable service?

I my dreams

oh oh pick me, im SAD

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Ohhhhh no SAD dosent start already does it!! I already have NLIY and CGAM disorders (Not Laid in Years) and (Cant Get a Meet).

Think I will have to break out the Michael Jackson Album and give it a few Shamowwaa's and Hey Hees in front of the mirror just to cheer myself up.

"Ohhhhh no SAD dosent start already does it!! I already have NLIY and CGAM disorders (Not Laid in Years) and (Cant Get a Meet).

"

Am I SAD because I have NLiW and CGAM I'd better get a note from the doctor and a prescription for some daily medication.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I always feel a bit low at this time of year but once autumn is over and the winter starts I feel ok again! "
Feeling a lot better than a few weeks ago though by the looks of it?

Yes, I am diagnosed as having S.A.D.

I have a lightbox but as generally the only times I am still are when I am asleep, I don't get much benefit from it.

One of my symptoms is being prone to agoraphobia and not wanting to go outside, which makes getting natural light and exercise a bit difficult. I genuinely want to hibernate and tend to lose the desire to eat and will sleep incredible amounts.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

I've tried a Light Box, but as I'm never still for long it didn't seem to have much effect "

Invest in a portable Light Box

*courtesy of the useless information department*

"I always feel a bit low at this time of year but once autumn is over and the winter starts I feel ok again! Feeling a lot better than a few weeks ago though by the looks of it?"

Yes a lot thanks x

I am a bat by nature, and prefer the cooler darker days.

My aunt has S.A.D. in past five or so years. In past two years she got off her ass and went outside for little walks, faffing about in the garden. As a result she had the best two xmas's ever and puts this down to simply getting outside more and not being so lazy.

Autumn is the most beautiful time of the year with all the trees etc changing colour and earlier beautiful sunsets, or better still, get out of your beds and watch the sun rise.

The weather at this time of year is no excuse. Its not bad weather, just bad clothing.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'be been diagnosed with s,a,d,d,m,a,n syndrome... (Sexually active during daytime more at night...) Any ladies want to cure me..

"A meet a day keeps the S.A.D away , honest

Are you providing a new charitable service?"

Yes , I just need to come round and perform a few tests with my equipment, that usually cures most the sad in ladies

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

I'll come clean ;D i have SAD, i also have agoraphobia, anti social personality disorder, Narsisstic PD, Paranoid PD. I score highly in every cluster of PD and am considered severe. Im also a man which makes all that a bit odd. On the plus side i havn't killed anyone lately ;D If anyone ever needs any help or advice feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to share my knowledge.

» Add a new message to this topic