FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

University literature students reading the Philosophers Stone are being warned that it could trigger them because of issues in the book such as child abuse. Remember that Harry was locked under the stairs. Should these books just be banned. It's all over the news.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can we also ban politics and governments, it hurts me to read these dipshits do on daily basis

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"Can we also ban politics and governments, it hurts me to read these dipshits do on daily basis "

Here here I'm with you there

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

As a university literature student I can confirm we don’t get trigger warnings. We read plays/poems/novels that have a lot of difficult content that makes a boy under the stairs look like a holiday. Maybe we’re harder in the North.

Chelmsford

It's Chester Uni. Is that up north...

Ban them? Really?! I can understand them using trigger warnings if they want to but banning them is extreme.

"It's Chester Uni. Is that up north... "

No, it's in the middle

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Ban them? Really?! I can understand them using trigger warnings if they want to but banning them is extreme. "

It is quite funny actually, book 5 Order of the Phoenix actually touches on a similar subject in the limiting of things that can be taught at school etc because it's not what a a certain group feel should be taught.

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

Based on that logic shouldn’t we also ban Shakespeare… but to name a few.

Why don’t we just start a huge fire and start throwing books into it. But let’s not stop there if we really wanted protect our children why don’t we throw in video games and action toys the list continues

Bx

Don’t let the muggles keep you down

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

They will want to ban fairytales and nursery rhymes next, absolutely crazy. X

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I have little interest in Harry potter apart from likeing Ford Anglia's but banning it? I do not share J K Rowings views on trans people, but let her rant & indulge her fantasy

Are they going to band the Hunger Games next as in the book the children fight to the death.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Just for clarity, the only person who has suggested banning them is Tom.

The actual wording on the notes (covering Harry Potter, the Hunger Games and Northern Lights) says:

'Although we are studying a selection of Young Adult texts on this Module, the nature of the theories we apply to them can lead to some difficult conversations about gender, race, sexuality, class, and identity.

'These topics will be treated objectively, critically, and most crucially, with respect. If anyone has any issues with the content, please get in touch with the Module Leader to make them aware.'

Chelmsford

"Just for clarity, the only person who has suggested banning them is Tom.

The actual wording on the notes (covering Harry Potter, the Hunger Games and Northern Lights) says:

'Although we are studying a selection of Young Adult texts on this Module, the nature of the theories we apply to them can lead to some difficult conversations about gender, race, sexuality, class, and identity.

'These topics will be treated objectively, critically, and most crucially, with respect. If anyone has any issues with the content, please get in touch with the Module Leader to make them aware.'"

Tom actually said, 'Should these books be banned?' That is a question and not a suggestion. Plain English really Just for clarity

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Just for clarity, the only person who has suggested banning them is Tom.

'These topics will be treated objectively, critically, and most crucially, with respect. If anyone has any issues with the content, please get in touch with the Module Leader to make them aware.'

Tom actually said, 'Should these books be banned?' That is a question and not a suggestion. Plain English really Just for clarity "

Come on now Tom.

By *ixedDevilMan  over a year ago

Bootyville

You might as well ban half the books that have been published in the world at this point. Are we becoming snowflakes or something?

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

They should ban adults from reading them..

» Add a new message to this topic