FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Beds

Beds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucspark OP   Man  over a year ago

dudley

Was thinking earlier about my bed. I was given it by my grandparents, they were given it as a wedding present from my great grandfather. So it is over one hundred years old. It is a brass bedstead with a coat of arms and before you comment the mattresse has been changed.

So the question is how old is your bed and do you ever want to change it has I doubt I ever will.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

mine is 3 months old lol

my oher one was a cheapo metal frame that had seen some use and as a resul of me trying to move it about on my own started to fall apart.

got a lovely wooden one no with a nice slated head board

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Now there is a new question! Mine is not old but it is superking - and before you comment that my bum needs that size... I just love my space and rolling around in it

dudley

"Now there is a new question! Mine is not old but it is superking - and before you comment that my bum needs that size... I just love my space and rolling around in it"

As if anyone would

Mine is just a king size ish but as bed was hand made it is a odd size so things are custom made to fit it

dudley

"mine is 3 months old lol

my oher one was a cheapo metal frame that had seen some use and as a resul of me trying to move it about on my own started to fall apart.

got a lovely wooden one no with a nice slated head board "

You sleep that much in it then

evesham

You sleep that much in it then "

eh???

"Now there is a new question! Mine is not old but it is superking - and before you comment that my bum needs that size... I just love my space and rolling around in it

As if anyone would

Mine is just a king size ish but as bed was hand made it is a odd size so things are custom made to fit it"

sounds lovely.... does it need an annual safety check ?;-)

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I sleep in a fairly new IKEA bed - most comfortable bed I have ever had.

However, I also own my parents' old bedroom suite. They bought it when they got married and had it all the way through their lives - the only bedroom furniture they ever bought. So, I now own the bed I was born in.

The mattress has been changed though - for those of you who were wondering.

dudley

eh???"

Well you said it had seen some use

evesham

eh???

Well you said it had seen some use "

not through sleeping

dudley

"Now there is a new question! Mine is not old but it is superking - and before you comment that my bum needs that size... I just love my space and rolling around in it

As if anyone would

Mine is just a king size ish but as bed was hand made it is a odd size so things are custom made to fit itsounds lovely.... does it need an annual safety check ?;-)"

Thinking of getting someone in

dudley

eh???

Well you said it had seen some use

not through sleeping"

You use it for trampolining then

As if anyone would

Mine is just a king size ish but as bed was hand made it is a odd size so things are custom made to fit itsounds lovely.... does it need an annual safety check ?;-)

Thinking of getting someone in "

I have the relevant qualifications, you know

dudley

"I sleep in a fairly new IKEA bed - most comfortable bed I have ever had.

However, I also own my parents' old bedroom suite. They bought it when they got married and had it all the way through their lives - the only bedroom furniture they ever bought. So, I now own the bed I was born in.

The mattress has been changed though - for those of you who were wondering. "

Our family has a birthing bed back home that has been there forever no one ever sleeps init though for some reason. Made of oak with all of our names craved in it

dudley

As if anyone would

Mine is just a king size ish but as bed was hand made it is a odd size so things are custom made to fit itsounds lovely.... does it need an annual safety check ?;-)

Thinking of getting someone in I have the relevant qualifications, you know"

Would you like to quote for the job then

Our family has a birthing bed back home that has been there forever no one ever sleeps init though for some reason. Made of oak with all of our names craved in it"

Wow! Now that is a nice heirloom! I have slept in this old bed but it is a bit creaky. It's Canadian Maple. Not as grand as yours, admittedly.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

mine is the best bargain bed EVER, very comfortable,super kingsize with new posturepedic mattress ebay 99p! x

20 years old and getting a new one, need to start using it for wild sex

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Mine's about 4 yrs old and about due for a new mattress, might get some new foam memory pillows as well

dudley

Our family has a birthing bed back home that has been there forever no one ever sleeps init though for some reason. Made of oak with all of our names craved in it

Wow! Now that is a nice heirloom! I have slept in this old bed but it is a bit creaky. It's Canadian Maple. Not as grand as yours, admittedly."

One of my family made it from a English oak that they cut down on the farm. It gets waxed after the apple harvest every year, strange how things jog your memory to do things

MEMORY MATTRESS OWNERS... would you really like yours to remember ?;-)

"MEMORY MATTRESS OWNERS... would you really like yours to remember ?;-)"

dudley

Wow! Now that is a nice heirloom! I have slept in this old bed but it is a bit creaky. It's Canadian Maple. Not as grand as yours, admittedly."

When your parents brought this bed was probably more expensive than oak

I've heard they can make you really hot and sweaty. Mine has a memory foam layer on the top but that's ok.

And would I like it to remember? Yes! So many memorable times have been had on it!

By *istress_L-CaptainCouple  over a year ago

Southport

I think I need a new bed. It squeaks alot now and no chance of quiet sex or jumping up and down on it!

dudley

The tales they could tell

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"mine is the best bargain bed EVER, very comfortable,super kingsize with new posturepedic mattress ebay 99p! x"

Will be round to check it out later

Ruined two beds, 3 mattresses, in past 6-8 years.

Just bought a new bed and mattress, so will see how much romping this one can take

dudley

"Ruined two beds, 3 mattresses, in past 6-8 years.

Just bought a new bed and mattress, so will see how much romping this one can take "

You know how they say how firm they are, you think they give you a warranty on heavy shagging

"MEMORY MATTRESS OWNERS... would you really like yours to remember ?;-)

The tales they could tell "

Well, that was what I was thinking... how much does your memory mattress retain...;-)

And, would it stay discreet?

dudley

The tales they could tell Well, that was what I was thinking... how much does your memory mattress retain...;-)

And, would it stay discreet?"

Wonder if it keeps a diary of events

The tales they could tell Well, that was what I was thinking... how much does your memory mattress retain...;-)

Wonder if it keeps a diary of events "

Think some people might need a mega mega memory stick...;-)

dudley

Wonder if it keeps a diary of events Think some people might need a mega mega memory stick...;-)"

Or a big hard drive

Wonder if it keeps a diary of events Think some people might need a mega mega memory stick...;-)

Or a big hard drive "

I love formatting

dudley

Wonder if it keeps a diary of events Think some people might need a mega mega memory stick...;-)

Or a big hard drive I love formatting"

Remember you need to check comparable operating systems to achieve the correct outcome

Ours is a pine king size bed with memory foam mattress topper. We've had it 2.5 years and my Dad had it before that but barely used it as he's a lorry driver so slept in the cab a lot.

I have a huge antique pine four poster which has seen its fair share of new mattresses over the years. I wouldn't ever want to part with it even though it has a nasty habit of creaking and squeaking at the most inappropriate moments, usually resulting in fits of the giggles on my part!

Years ago when we did a DIY house move, the bed frame was too large to fit in the van we had hired and my ex not being too bright didn't realise that frame could be taken apart so he and a mate literally plonked the bed frame on top of his old battered mini runabout. It was a lovely snug fit and no chance of it sliding off as they drove to our new house, but they had to get in and out of the car through the windows as they couldn't open the doors!!

dudley

"I have a huge antique pine four poster which has seen its fair share of new mattresses over the years. I wouldn't ever want to part with it even though it has a nasty habit of creaking and squeaking at the most inappropriate moments, usually resulting in fits of the giggles on my part!

Years ago when we did a DIY house move, the bed frame was too large to fit in the van we had hired and my ex not being too bright didn't realise that frame could be taken apart so he and a mate literally plonked the bed frame on top of his old battered mini runabout. It was a lovely snug fit and no chance of it sliding off as they drove to our new house, but they had to get in and out of the car through the windows as they couldn't open the doors!! "

That made me laugh with the thought or a four poster on wheels

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have had my bed for 27 years. Pine and always a firm mattress. I put a memory foam topper on but it does get a bit hot for me. I have been saying I will get a new one for about 5 years now but I can never see one I like. It's such a simple bed. The squeak needs to be fixed.

I do have a new pillow. It gets warm but not hot so I have been able to sleep through the night better as I am not constantly turning the pillows over.

dudley

"I have had my bed for 27 years. Pine and always a firm mattress. I put a memory foam topper on but it does get a bit hot for me. I have been saying I will get a new one for about 5 years now but I can never see one I like. It's such a simple bed. The squeak needs to be fixed.

I do have a new pillow. It gets warm but not hot so I have been able to sleep through the night better as I am not constantly turning the pillows over.

"

I brought my father a cooling topper when he went on hrt tablets to combat is hot flushes said it was the best thing I ever got him

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I have had my bed for 27 years. Pine and always a firm mattress. I put a memory foam topper on but it does get a bit hot for me. I have been saying I will get a new one for about 5 years now but I can never see one I like. It's such a simple bed. The squeak needs to be fixed.

I brought my father a cooling topper when he went on hrt tablets to combat is hot flushes said it was the best thing I ever got him"

The Chillow one? I'm through the night sweats stage of my hot flushes but I never have been able to cope with being hot.

3 years old....superkingsize....made of teak...squeaky as hell

dudley

I brought my father a cooling topper when he went on hrt tablets to combat is hot flushes said it was the best thing I ever got him

The Chillow one? I'm through the night sweats stage of my hot flushes but I never have been able to cope with being hot."

Think it was was not cheap but meant he slept a bit better so money well spent

dudley

"3 years old....superkingsize....made of teak...squeaky as hell "

Lube the joints

Had my bed since Saturday. Put it up Monday morning. And it's now quite used lol

Cali

"3 years old....superkingsize....made of teak...squeaky as hell

Lube the joints "

Tried alsorts, nothing works. Oil, candlewax, vaseline. Even tried lube from Ann Summers (strawberry flavoured). Nothing seems to work

dudley

"Had my bed since Saturday. Put it up Monday morning. And it's now quite used lol

Cali"

Bet you never asked if you could try before you buy

dudley

Lube the joints

Tried alsorts, nothing works. Oil, candlewax, vaseline. Even tried lube from Ann Summers (strawberry flavoured). Nothing seems to work "

Silicon spray sometimes works screw fix do it

"Had my bed since Saturday. Put it up Monday morning. And it's now quite used lol

Cali

Bet you never asked if you could try before you buy "

Lol no. Just got a few friends over to help test it.

dudley

Cali

Bet you never asked if you could try before you buy

Lol no. Just got a few friends over to help test it. "

What nice friends helping to weight test a bed

My bed was my marital bed in my first marriage, then it came with me to my flat, then to my own house, now it's up here and me and Siren sleep in it, well, I say sleep, more like shag then she fucks off to her own bed (she's got the baby's cot in there with her too so I leave them to it as I need a good night's sleep lol).

In essence: my bed has moved around the country with me. And changed wives as I have changed them.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

Miss my super kingsize bed - now just gotta find a new place with a bedroom big enough to get another! Lol!

"Miss my super kingsize bed - now just gotta find a new place with a bedroom big enough to get another! Lol!

"

and hire a taxi to drive you to whoever you've got in it so you can shag her!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"So the question is how old is your bed and do you ever want to change it has I doubt I ever will."

just a couple of weeks under 2 years old... the landord had to buy a replacement when the bed that was here when we moved in collapsed after the first night (no, not due to playing - a couple of retaining bolts were missing)

[Removed by poster at 11/10/12 01:43:50]

Lube the joints

Tried alsorts, nothing works. Oil, candlewax, vaseline. Even tried lube from Ann Summers (strawberry flavoured). Nothing seems to work "

I tried everything to stop mine squeaking the only thing i've round which works is WD40!!

Bucks

"I tried everything to stop mine squeaking the only thing i've round which works is WD40!!

"

what is the world coming to.. a woman let loose with WD40

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"3 years old....superkingsize....made of teak...squeaky as hell "

Tip 1. Don't smoke Superkings in bed

Tip 2. Wax your squeaky bits

*courtesy of the useless information department*

"I tried everything to stop mine squeaking the only thing i've round which works is WD40!!

what is the world coming to.. a woman let loose with WD40 "

Brilliant staff 101 uses

* stuff..... Grrr predictive text!!

Bucks

what is the world coming to.. a woman let loose with WD40

Brilliant staff 101 uses "

so far we've found 3 9though 1 is a bit suspect)

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Lube the joints

Tried alsorts, nothing works. Oil, candlewax, vaseline. Even tried lube from Ann Summers (strawberry flavoured). Nothing seems to work

Silicon spray sometimes works screw fix do it"

Or try graphite if all else fails.

It's simply pencil lead (I know, it's not really lead it's graphite). You'll need to shave or perhaps grate it so it's powdered and put between the joints.

Possibly not if you have white carpets though...

"Now there is a new question! Mine is not old but it is superking - and before you comment that my bum needs that size... I just love my space and rolling around in it"

I too have a superking bed and was dubious about buying one until the lady who was working in the shop came up with the killer sales pitch (she was a very demure looking lady in her 50's) which was that this bed is so big, you could have your wife sleeping in it and a girlfriend in there and the wife wouldn't know a thing!!!

dudley

Tip 1. Don't smoke Superkings in bed

Tip 2. Wax your squeaky bits

*courtesy of the useless information department*"

This department seems to be growing by the day

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

A few years ago I bought a superking size round bed from Ikea. Saw it on display, had a good long lay down on it with my ex partner - fell in love with it. Had to wait a couple of weeks until I could hire a van to drive back down and pick it up.

It's fantastic because I can sleep in whatever position I like and when one area gets too hot I can move round like the hands of a clock to the next cool spot.

Not too many places sell round sheets which is a bug bear so I've had to make some myself.

Never had an overnight 'guest' who didn't have a comfortable night's sleep.

dudley

"A few years ago I bought a superking size round bed from Ikea. Saw it on display, had a good long lay down on it with my ex partner - fell in love with it. Had to wait a couple of weeks until I could hire a van to drive back down and pick it up.

It's fantastic because I can sleep in whatever position I like and when one area gets too hot I can move round like the hands of a clock to the next cool spot.

Not too many places sell round sheets which is a bug bear so I've had to make some myself.

Never had an overnight 'guest' who didn't have a comfortable night's sleep."

You let your over night guests sleep now that a novel idea

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

"A few years ago I bought a superking size round bed from Ikea. Saw it on display, had a good long lay down on it with my ex partner - fell in love with it. Had to wait a couple of weeks until I could hire a van to drive back down and pick it up.

You let your over night guests sleep now that a novel idea "

Well one has to eventually!!

dudley

You let your over night guests sleep now that a novel idea

Well one has to eventually!! "

Let them sleep when their dead

Was just thinking that it is not just the bed though that ensures comfort and a sense of "home"... for me the mattress is very very important.

dudley

"Was just thinking that it is not just the bed though that ensures comfort and a sense of "home"... for me the mattress is very very important. "

That's true I change mine every few years and it gets steam cleaned a few times a year too

"Was just thinking that it is not just the bed though that ensures comfort and a sense of "home"... for me the mattress is very very important. "

"Was just thinking that it is not just the bed though that ensures comfort and a sense of "home"... for me the mattress is very very important.

That's true I change mine every few years and it gets steam cleaned a few times a year too "

I bought a tempur a few years back and never looked back. For sleeping comfort it is the ultimate for me. Bow for playtime... it would be too soft...;-)

dudley

"Was just thinking that it is not just the bed though that ensures comfort and a sense of "home"... for me the mattress is very very important.

That's true I change mine every few years and it gets steam cleaned a few times a year too I bought a tempur a few years back and never looked back. For sleeping comfort it is the ultimate for me. Bow for playtime... it would be too soft...;-)"

You staying with the water bed for play then

» Add a new message to this topic