FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Posting pics on social media

Posting pics on social media

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Those of you that do this, are you one of those that prefers to be BEHIND the camera, or IN FRONT of it?

ie are you a “look at what I can see” person or a “look at me” person? Or maybe a bit of both?

No right or wrong answer, both are equally valid

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Always behind the camera. Taking photos of myself is an experiment here.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"Always behind the camera. Taking photos of myself is an experiment here. "

This

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Always behind the camera. Taking photos of myself is an experiment here.

This "

You!!!! You’re back!

I love taking pictures, photography is a hobby, I do a mix of both tbh.

Love being behind the camera, but also do like a selfie if I'm feeling the vive

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

I love taking photos.

However, after realising when my late husband was ill how many weddings/parties/events we’d been at, had taken literally hundreds of photos each time, but very very few of us I’ve tried to be better. Even on days where I’m not feeling remotely photogenic

"I love taking photos.

However, after realising when my late husband was ill how many weddings/parties/events we’d been at, had taken literally hundreds of photos each time, but very very few of us I’ve tried to be better. Even on days where I’m not feeling remotely photogenic"

I recognise this too, and likewise have tried recently to take more of me / us for posterity’s sake. The ones I post on social media though are 99% behind the camera. The rest are for personal consumption.

"I love taking photos.

However, after realising when my late husband was ill how many weddings/parties/events we’d been at, had taken literally hundreds of photos each time, but very very few of us I’ve tried to be better. Even on days where I’m not feeling remotely photogenic"

I think this is true - you can lose yourself sometimes and I am the family photographer. 5,000 ones of my kids but no me. I always insert myself in there now. Photos and the regular family videos I make.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m more behind the camera, photography is a hobby so I’m always snapping when out and about. The only time I make an appearance is maybe on holiday just to prove I was there too.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I very rarely take selfies, and I wouldn't post them on social media even if I did. I don't really use SM apart from here (if this is classed as that) and LinkedIn for professional networking anyway.

I actually had a discussion with himself a while ago, we've done so many fantastic things, but we have very few photos...we're so busy enjoying it that we don't even think about taking pictures. Memories won't be lost if a hard drive becomes corrupted.

"I very rarely take selfies, and I wouldn't post them on social media even if I did. I don't really use SM apart from here (if this is classed as that) and LinkedIn for professional networking anyway.

I actually had a discussion with himself a while ago, we've done so many fantastic things, but we have very few photos...we're so busy enjoying it that we don't even think about taking pictures. Memories won't be lost if a hard drive becomes corrupted. "

That’s true to a degree, but having said that over Christmas I found some old memory cards of holiday snaps and there were many “on god, remember that!” moments so it is nice to have some to aid the memory process!

Behind. I'd take a pic of Big Ben but not me stood in front of it. I don't need proof I was there.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

A mixture, I have very few pictures of me with my kids when they are small but loads of them with my ex husband. So I tend to take lots with them now.

I also like taking pictures of my hikes if I remember.

By *piderBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

I take thousands of pictures of everywhere I go and everyone I'm with, but rarely put myself in front of the camera. There are, in fact, only 16 photographs of me between my honeymoon in 2006 and the first ones I took of myself for here at the end of 2018. And the first picture I took of my face was in 2020.

I hate people taking my picture, I can't control it

Posh

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Most of the pics I take are scenic pics - that’s where I learnt about light and seeing things from a different angle.

Despite our many couples pics on here, we probably only have about 10 vanilla pics of us together!

Must address that

K

"Always behind the camera. Taking photos of myself is an experiment here. "

This is the same for me. I like taking pics of myself for here, but otherwise I’m behind the camera.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"I love taking photos.

However, after realising when my late husband was ill how many weddings/parties/events we’d been at, had taken literally hundreds of photos each time, but very very few of us I’ve tried to be better. Even on days where I’m not feeling remotely photogenic

I think this is true - you can lose yourself sometimes and I am the family photographer. 5,000 ones of my kids but no me. I always insert myself in there now. Photos and the regular family videos I make. "

It’s one of those things that’s so important, but not at the time.

I think parents, in particular mums, are so bad at thinking of taking photos that include themselves (and I don’t have kids so I say that from the pics people ask me yo take).

Your kids when you’re old or gone won’t care that your fringe needed cut or slimming world has been shit this week or any other thing / they’ll just see a pic of you and smile.

And they can be such nice discussion points - when my nana died and we were sorting the pics the number of “did you know she’d gone there?” comments that lead to sharing stories and chat was amazing.

» Add a new message to this topic