FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > problem with mw little pussy

problem with mw little pussy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Lol sorry for title but it amused me.

I've had cats all my life. And always pretty much had friendly ones but I have a problem with the latest addition. Now had him since he was 7 weeks( I know they shouldn't be homed that young but he was kinda dumped on me.)

Anyway long story short he has attention issues. Now thought as he got older it would settle but now at 14 weeks old he is getting worse.

If I leave him at all he waits. If I go for a bath or shower he cries outside the door. If he has been left alone by me for any reason when I reappear he will climb up me. If I stand still at all he climbs me. I have tried so many things to stop this over the top kitten but nothing is working. It's not like he.s alone either. As I have 7 cats. Mostly young.

But like today I went to the bathroom left kitten with my daughter while I went and because I shut the door he was trying to get in. My daughter tried to keep him with her but he would not stay.

He will get fuss from other people but I just can't stop him climbing up to sit on my shoulders or wrapped around my neck. It's not so bad if I'm sat down but I have cat claw marks all over me. Lol

Any advice as I've tried everything.

Cali

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You're his mum and he isn't ready to separate yet. Have you tried putting him somewhere where he can see you but not get to you for a while? Short instances of this at first and reward him when he sits quietly. I know that's dogs but cats are aliens.

Good luck.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Have you tried turning him off then on again?

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I had similar issues with one of my cats and whilst she is still very needy she has calmed down with age.In the early stages using Felliway diffusers helped.

By *im and whoreCouple  over a year ago

near bangor

had the same thing from a very young kitten years ago

Over time his neediness waned but even as an adult he would wait for me everywhere.

If you can hum deeply whenever the kitten climbs you that could work lol

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"Have you tried turning him off then on again?"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi Cali,

We have two new kittens, 14 weeks old now.

We got them when they were 11 week old.

For the first few days, they were shy but now under my feet/lap and follow me about.

My last cat was like it, I simply say "no puss" when they are after attention, and like dogs, have some separation time away, for short periods at first and build it up.

Do you have toys for the cats?

I often take the cats off me, and place them next to their toys, and encourage them to play with them and not me.

First thing in the morning is worse for me, as I open the dining room door to check on them, two kittens flying under my feet for attention!

I've tried leaving him in the window sill while I'm sorting my garden or car. All that happens is he scrambles at the window making sad little looks till I have to go in and cuddle him.

He also hates when one of the other cats sits with me lol. I can live with his affectation. It's just the constant climbing up me.

As he is getting bigger he manages to jump up more and his claws are bigger now. Lol

My kids find it funny as he aims for mid range first and that tends to be my backside.

And funky. If only they came with an off switch

We have got one of these too.

She's part of 2 if she suddenly wakes and cant see anyone she cries until her sister and her mum (the dog) goes to find her.

Our problem is i have 3 cats that wont stop feeding off the dog! Yes shes happy for them to do it

They have loads of toys. Loads of bed places. Even given fluff one of my jumpers which I slept in.

It's only him. And he is only 3 weeks younger than two of the others. Lol only time he leaves me be is to eat or be washed by other cats.

I do think that I'm mummy cat to him. He even tries to groom me lol. All my cats are friendly but the others you say no too. Or down and that's it. Lol

Cali

Just sent you some info I found.

yup I have a needy cat..only peace i get is when she dozes off...wont even go out without me anymore...I'd take her walks if she allowed me to put a leash on her tho lol

I'm starting to think I just have to accept that my cat is clingy.

He is adorable too. But then to me all cats are. Maybe he will grow out of it.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Handling your pussy a lot in it's early years will ensure it will always be friendly and approachable... er...

"Handling your pussy a lot in it's early years will ensure it will always be friendly and approachable... er... "

Oh er. Lol

Cali

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"yup I have a needy cat..only peace i get is when she dozes off...wont even go out without me anymore...I'd take her walks if she allowed me to put a leash on her tho lol"

Mine let me put the leash on.

They just refuse to walk on it so it's a drag instead. They ignore me while I'm dragging and continue with what they were doing, which is usually washing their bits...

» Add a new message to this topic