FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lola Young

Lola Young

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m listening to Lola Young on Radio One at the moment, I think she’s amazing. She went to the Brits school and is comparable to Adele. I’ve been listening to her for a while, since the release of Ruin My Makeup which is a class song, but she seems to be starting to get some notoriety now. Does anyone else like her?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Never heard of her. I'll check her out

"Never heard of her. I'll check her out "

Cool, her latest song is called So Sorry which is worth listening to and also the aforementioned Ruin My Makeup is a great song.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had a quick listen, not really my cuppa tea.

B38

Listened to a tiny bit of ruin my make up

She immediately reminded me of Lilly Allen. I don't have a lot of battery so couldn't listen to much.

I've proper gone off Adele..I feel like she's done 'it' to death. I turn her off if she comes on the radio!

B38

It could to have recommendations to listen try out. I'm always looking for something new. I'm a soul..r&b kind of woamn

"Listened to a tiny bit of ruin my make up

She immediately reminded me of Lilly Allen. I don't have a lot of battery so couldn't listen to much.

I've proper gone off Adele..I feel like she's done 'it' to death. I turn her off if she comes on the radio!"

Me too, I haven’t even listened to her new album yet because I haven’t really been that impressed with the songs I’ve heard so far off it. Her music gets played now because of who she is rather than because they deserve to be I reckon.

"I’m listening to Lola Young on Radio One at the moment, I think she’s amazing. She went to the Brits school and is comparable to Adele. I’ve been listening to her for a while, since the release of Ruin My Makeup which is a class song, but she seems to be starting to get some notoriety now. Does anyone else like her?"

Never heard of her before now but just stuck on Ruin My Make Up and I'm loving it,thanks for the recommendation!

"It could to have recommendations to listen try out. I'm always looking for something new. I'm a soul..r&b kind of woamn"

Do you like Alicia Keys? I know it’s not a new recommendation but just asking as she’s my absolute favourite....not keen on her new album either though to be honest, still live her though.

B38

I've proper gone off Adele..I feel like she's done 'it' to death. I turn her off if she comes on the radio!

Me too, I haven’t even listened to her new album yet because I haven’t really been that impressed with the songs I’ve heard so far off it. Her music gets played now because of who she is rather than because they deserve to be I reckon. "

Yes...I think that's the case too

"I’m listening to Lola Young on Radio One at the moment, I think she’s amazing. She went to the Brits school and is comparable to Adele. I’ve been listening to her for a while, since the release of Ruin My Makeup which is a class song, but she seems to be starting to get some notoriety now. Does anyone else like her?

Never heard of her before now but just stuck on Ruin My Make Up and I'm loving it,thanks for the recommendation!"

Nice one, glad you like it. Have you watched the video? It’s very basic, just her face all the way through, but her expressions are great. Bit of a Sinead O’Connor rip off though haha.

"I’m listening to Lola Young on Radio One at the moment, I think she’s amazing. She went to the Brits school and is comparable to Adele. I’ve been listening to her for a while, since the release of Ruin My Makeup which is a class song, but she seems to be starting to get some notoriety now. Does anyone else like her?

Never heard of her before now but just stuck on Ruin My Make Up and I'm loving it,thanks for the recommendation!

Nice one, glad you like it. Have you watched the video? It’s very basic, just her face all the way through, but her expressions are great. Bit of a Sinead O’Connor rip off though haha. "

No I just queued it on Spotify! You might like FLAG by Coach and Friends In The Bubble bath by Audiobooks too

Me too, I haven’t even listened to her new album yet because I haven’t really been that impressed with the songs I’ve heard so far off it. Her music gets played now because of who she is rather than because they deserve to be I reckon.

Yes...I think that's the case too "

I was never into Adele musically except her Bond theme but she does have an incredible voice. And I love that she just seems like she's great craic to hang out with? I guess the chart dream these days is getting to the point where you don't have to advertise. Fair play to her in that regard

B38

I was never into Adele musically except her Bond theme but she does have an incredible voice. And I love that she just seems like she's great craic to hang out with? I guess the chart dream these days is getting to the point where you don't have to advertise. Fair play to her in that regard "

She is definitely talented with a great voice. I say fair play to her too.

But...not for me, anymore!

Nice one, glad you like it. Have you watched the video? It’s very basic, just her face all the way through, but her expressions are great. Bit of a Sinead O’Connor rip off though haha.

No I just queued it on Spotify! You might like FLAG by Coach and Friends In The Bubble bath by Audiobooks too"

I like the bubble bath song, it’s got a cool 80’s feel to it. I can’t find the other one...

I was never into Adele musically except her Bond theme but she does have an incredible voice. And I love that she just seems like she's great craic to hang out with? I guess the chart dream these days is getting to the point where you don't have to advertise. Fair play to her in that regard "

Oh yeah, she’d definitely be good to hang out with, a proper laugh....she can afford to buy all the rounds as well haha.

No I just queued it on Spotify! You might like FLAG by Coach and Friends In The Bubble bath by Audiobooks too

I like the bubble bath song, it’s got a cool 80’s feel to it. I can’t find the other one..."

Sorry, the band is Coach Party

By *ho am IWoman  over a year ago

Mids

Thanks OP, always looking for new music. Just listened to a couple of her tracks and very much enjoyed

"Thanks OP, always looking for new music. Just listened to a couple of her tracks and very much enjoyed "

Nice one, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

» Add a new message to this topic