FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age gap dating

Age gap dating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I saw online a 22 year old male having a 62 year old girlfriend. They both appear very happy. Give her her due she looked in her 40's. What are people's thoughts on this..(apologies if threads have already been done on this)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Age doesn't matter, the only thing that does is happiness. As long as your happy, who cares what the rest of the world thinks.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

I said to my mate. ''I would love to date an older woman'' He replied ''Here's spade, But I must warn you, What you are about to do is illegal''.

I thought that age gap didn’t matter too, until it eventually does. I think if someone dates 5-8 older or younger, the differences aren’t huge. But the bigger the gap, the more these differences eventually will present. Sooner or later!

Like someone who’s 30 and the other person is 60. They are walking different paths in life. This is just the truth!

I’m trying to stick to sort of my age now. Give or take

All that matters is as long as you/they are happy, it’s nobody’s business otherwise

I think maturity and extent of common interests have a large bearing on whether the age gap matters..but even then, there are limits!

All my girlfriends have been 1 - 3 years older than me. Never dated younger. Not sure I'd date someone in their 30s though let alone 60s!!

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

There's a woman I like at work but I'm 11 years older than her. There's definitely a spark there but sometimes I feel like I'm an entire generation older than her and it shows.

As long as they’re happy then that’s all that matters but what on earth do they talk about?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If they are happy it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

A certain maturity level, along with common interests does play a huge part.

Personally if I put a tape and a pencil on the table and they don’t know why, it’s a no

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I had a 25 year age gap relationship for a few years, but our ages were pretty meaningless to each other, I never really thought about it

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I tend to go 10 years either side of my age, if not closer. I don't want to be fucking someone young enough to be my son or 9ld enough to be my father.

Wasn’t Dame Barbara Windsors husband a lot younger?

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I was 48 and my then partner was 32 when our daughter was born, at the time the age gap seemed irrelevant, we drifted apart for a couple of years before getting back together on a platonic basis and we still meet socially on a regular basis.

The subject of getting back to having a sexual relationship again has been discussed a few times but we both now feel that the age gap is too large to make it work. I am now 82 and my friend is 66.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I always get the impression that it’s perfectly ok unless the woman is older than the guy.

If the guy’s much older than the woman he’s clearly successful, a stud and to be admired.

If the woman’s much older she’s a sad old cougar and she’s to be ridiculed.

It’s a bit like the number of sexual partners ruling: The guy is a ‘jack the lad’ and a stud - the woman is a slag/slut/whore etc (I believe I was called them all!)

Let’s face it - there are thousands of relationships out there (and here on fab) where the guy is a generation older than the woman - but few the other way round.

Having said that - I doubt I’d want a relationship with someone considerably older or younger. X

"There's a woman I like at work but I'm 11 years older than her. There's definitely a spark there but sometimes I feel like I'm an entire generation older than her and it shows. "

My ex-boyfriend was 11 years younger. We had loads in common, lots to talk about.

If happy live let live

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

I really dont see the issue as long as the people involved are are happy.

Mr Hayes.

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"I really dont see the issue as long as the people involved are are happy.

Mr Hayes. "

Are are erm oops

"I always get the impression that it’s perfectly ok unless the woman is older than the guy.

If the guy’s much older than the woman he’s clearly successful, a stud and to be admired.

If the woman’s much older she’s a sad old cougar and she’s to be ridiculed.

It’s a bit like the number of sexual partners ruling: The guy is a ‘jack the lad’ and a stud - the woman is a slag/slut/whore etc (I believe I was called them all!)

Let’s face it - there are thousands of relationships out there (and here on fab) where the guy is a generation older than the woman - but few the other way round.

Having said that - I doubt I’d want a relationship with someone considerably older or younger. X"

I've been with men 20 years my junior. If anyone had an issue with it, they didn't say anything and I didn't care. I tend to get along well with guys 5-10 years younger still. Attraction is there.

I have no thoughts on this.

*courtesy of the useless information department*

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If they're happy and nobody is being taken advantage of then great for them.

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

I have been out with 10 years younger and 13 years older. On balance I had the happier times with women that were older, but ultimately its about the chemistry and not the number, as long as you find each other attractive in every way, it doesn't matter.

"Age doesn't matter, the only thing that does is happiness. As long as your happy, who cares what the rest of the world thinks."
well said. I totally agree.

I’m seeing someone 9 years younger than me and I can definitely notice a bit of disconnect. Couldn’t do more than that, though I suppose the older you get the less it matters

As long as they are happy.

"I have been out with 10 years younger and 13 years older. On balance I had the happier times with women that were older, but ultimately its about the chemistry and not the number, as long as you find each other attractive in every way, it doesn't matter."

I'm only 6 years older

Age has never really bothered me although I prefer older to younger. My partner is 14 years older than me. My parents had a 25 year age gap, they had a wonderful relationship for over 40 years.

I'm 9 years older than Gina, best relationship I've had and no one would know the gap is that big.

I don't see it being an issue for anyone else to date large age gaps apart. I didn't want to be too old for her in case she no longer found me attractive, but thats a personal thing for me and no one elses business really.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

First rule of fab threads...

Never apologise about fab threads.

If someone doesn't want to comment because it's been done before, they can pass by.

Back to topic, age doesn't bother me. It's not a deal breaker. 18+ if they're sexy they're sexy.

Good to see the positivity here. Ive unexpectedly found myself in an age gap relationship, im 15 years older

To those who wonder what we talk about .. its the usual stuff; tv, family life, work, current affairs, our relationship and learning about each other, plans, finances.

Its not life experience that we have in common obviously, but it is how we experience life that is so compatible.

Redhill

"I have been out with 10 years younger and 13 years older. On balance I had the happier times with women that were older, but ultimately its about the chemistry and not the number, as long as you find each other attractive in every way, it doesn't matter.

I'm only 6 years older "

Then by my mathematical reckoning, that makes your perfect...

"I have been out with 10 years younger and 13 years older. On balance I had the happier times with women that were older, but ultimately its about the chemistry and not the number, as long as you find each other attractive in every way, it doesn't matter.

I'm only 6 years older

Then by my mathematical reckoning, that makes your perfect... "

I will let you know the month so you can calculate further...

By *hilledGuerillaMan  over a year ago

In the monkey house

Once heard some say “half my age plus 7 years” was his lower limit. He didn’t comment on his upper age limit.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Saw one simlar on tic tok she looked young for her age! Think she was 60 something! Some are ok with it! But not for me! Not even for just a one of meet my grandson is 22 and I would b horrified if he was seeing someone my age! x

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I was with a guy for 5 years, we lived together. He was 16 yrs younger than I.

I was married to a guy who was 19 yrs my senior.

We'd walk into a club or a pub and I could see people looking trying to figure us out. I'd plant a big kiss on him...it left them in no doubt that he was mine and I his.

A few times I was mistaken for his daughter!

When the relationships ended it was nothing to do with the age gap.

I think if you are happy together then that's all that matters.

If someone is much older then in time it could throw up health issues. But, I suppose that can happen to any couple.

Go for what makes you happy irrespective of age, is what I say!

Redhill

I'm only 6 years older

I will let you know the month so you can calculate further..."

Flowers or chocolates? Don't say diamonds...

By *art123Man  over a year ago

Stoke

"I thought that age gap didn’t matter too, until it eventually does. I think if someone dates 5-8 older or younger, the differences aren’t huge. But the bigger the gap, the more these differences eventually will present. Sooner or later!

Like someone who’s 30 and the other person is 60. They are walking different paths in life. This is just the truth!

I’m trying to stick to sort of my age now. Give or take "

Well said. I speak from experience.

So long as all parties are happy and consenting, I don't care.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Honestly age does not matter to me as long as we get along and we have a good time laughing. What do you want?

I'm only 6 years older

I will let you know the month so you can calculate further...

Flowers or chocolates? Don't say diamonds... "

I don't actually know

So say for example the ages were removed from all profiles and you just find someone you click with

Then the age gap would surely be irrelevant

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"So say for example the ages were removed from all profiles and you just find someone you click with

Then the age gap would surely be irrelevant "

I like the idea of this.

"So say for example the ages were removed from all profiles and you just find someone you click with

I like the idea of this. "

Why? Age isn't irrelevant.

By *esire in SheffieldMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Two three years is ok if women is older.

7-8 years of man is older but 40 years is too much for me.

I wish them happiness

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I like the idea of this.

Why? Age isn't irrelevant. "

It is and this would enable more people to interact without the ‘they are too old/young’ kinda thing. It would be fun

I like the idea of this.

It is and this would enable more people to interact without the ‘they are too old/young’ kinda thing. It would be fun "

A bit like in the forum's where you can chat and maybe find someone you get along with age irrespective

By *arleyQuinnandTheJokerCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

I'm 14 years older than my man, no problem

I like the idea of this.

It is and this would enable more people to interact without the ‘they are too old/young’ kinda thing. It would be fun "

I disagree. It's irrelevant to some, not all.

By *atangMan  over a year ago

bolton

Would love to date someone alot older than me

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

It wouldn't be for me op, but good luck, if it works for them.

Miss

By *edonist79Man  over a year ago

Trowbridge

I've never been interested in women much younger than me most of my life. Biggest age gap was about 6 years.

I'm 42 and my gf is 20. Age is just a number they say. It's working nicely at the mo.

Age is irrelevant if you like the person. If we don’t we find an excuse,just go with your heart

"I saw online a 22 year old male having a 62 year old girlfriend. They both appear very happy. Give her her due she looked in her 40's. What are people's thoughts on this..(apologies if threads have already been done on this)"

As a man who usually prefers older women, I understand a bit. Within reason, age isn’t really a factor in who ya find attractive. Some people like myself gravitate towards more mature women, because they want to feel a certain type of way or satisfy some deep held lust.

At least, these are a few of my thoughts on the topics.

» Add a new message to this topic