FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who's Athletic ?

Who's Athletic ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he love cats OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

Who's chosen athletic in their profile and for what reason?

Is it about physique or stamina for you? Is it because you pump iron, run marathons, cycle or swim for miles You can be any size and still be athletic. X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

None of the above reasons.

I can't run the length of myself and wouldn't set foot in a gym if you paid me.

My only form of exercise is regular hillwalking but I chose the athletic option because I've always called myself average and I decided one day I was no longer going to do that.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Shame there isn't a Dad bod option

South Wales

"Shame there isn't a Dad bod option "

Lol but the same can be said for dad bods,are they average, slim, large or curvy. X

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I class my self as athletic. More 2 do with the way I look not 2 do with wot sports I do or don't do .athletic as a brood spectrum on fab good and bad x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I chose athletic because I thought that’s what fit my profile, as I lift weights run and cycle daily

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I classed myself as athletic. Think it was the best option to suit my body I am no gym bunny but my job is physical and I walk alot and run.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I started out as slim but changed to athletic because of the activities I do. I go to the gym, go for regular walks and play cricket as well

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Athletic here because I’m an athlete in multiple sports and have a fairly low body fat % and decent amount of muscle

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple  over a year ago

Kent

I define an athletic body type as one that has been obtained through some form of physical effort. Whether that be quite a lean defined/toned body of a long distance runner, or more of a larger than average muscular body from lifting weights and eating a lot of protein (Like I do). Where as an average body type will be just that, average, bit of a belly maybe, no definition, pretty much what you’re born with I guess. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

N (The husband)

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I don’t exercise as much I want to…but I play squash regular, go to the gym (not this month!) and walk and I’d still be able to run a decent 100 metres.

My thighs are muscled and some definition in my abs.

Some days I’d say average, some day athletic…some days fabulous

K

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Should definitely change mine to average.. Though wont as I am lazy af

I chose athletic as I thought I was the best description of my physique.

However, worth mentioning that you can be muscular without being athletic.. merely lifting weights doesn't mean you're athletic. Learned from personal experience over the years! So now I mix cardio activity such as cycling with lifting weights.

I do trail running, rugby, cricket, squash, callisthenics, paddling, cycling.

I didn't choose athletic because I like my food too much (and I'd struggle to do most of those things if I didn't!)

When fab has an Athletic Fat Bloke option, I’ll tick it

I chose athletic because I'll be running through your mind all day, every day!

"I chose athletic because I'll be running through your mind all day, every day! "

Bravo, sir

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

I do love trail running, yoga and dancing which all help keep me in shape. Athletic sounds better than skinny!

I have athletic listed, it's a big part of who I am a person not just how I view my body type

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

I had my body type as athletic when I first started on Fab 3-4 years ago.

I used to run 50-60 km a week, was marathon fit back then. I had about 19% body fat then

Now, even though I am still reasonably fit, I don’t consider myself athletic. Hence curvy

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Fir me it’s a mix of body shape, stamina: strength, lifestyle. I’m not a body builder and don't run full marathons anymore but lift weights; run, swim , climb etc

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

As a body type I have typically been more defined than hugely muscular. Upper legs are a ok size, due to cycling a lot and football in days gone past.

As I shake off the covid laziness and staying away from junk food, my body fat % is slowly dropping hence cannot say average anymore.

I'm back into Martial arts these days, so train a couple times a week, plus odd days using home gym.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Interesting question. Naturally all categories have a certain aspect of differing opinions that comes with category self identification. The category is aimed at categorissing physical appearance but if you look at the Olympic games there's is a range of body types amongst athletes and sports. In theory you could be a top flight athlete in your sport and not consider yourself an athletic body type on here. Or on the flip side put athletic and others say your not athletic. And some have said because it also helps identify their character as well as body. However I think for most people they have a common opinion of what is the athletic look so it's a fair enough category to help people search what they are looking for.

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

"Who's chosen athletic in their profile and for what reason?

Is it about physique or stamina for you? Is it because you pump iron, run marathons, cycle or swim for miles You can be any size and still be athletic. X"

I choose because it’s my life style. I swim and run couple of times a week. It’s both physical and mental state

I've not chosen athletic because to me that's doing regular extra physical activities and being able to cope with the additional strain. Not just the standard walking but running, weights, swimming etc.

To me it's also not getting out of breath going up the stairs - that's why I've not chosen athletic

I think that section should have more options (like many other choices in Fab). I started with slim and changed to athletic, but I’m in no way ripped or ‘gym fit’. I don’t have big muscles, I can’t lift, I’ve a flat stomach but no 6 pack. I chose it because I feel you are what you do, and I swim/bike/run for fun and fitness but I also enter races and occasionally do well in them. I know my body can swim miles plural, ride 300km in a day, run half marathons up mountains, and I’ll generally finish nearly to the top third for my age group. I’ll never have abs, or bench (insert impressive number), but I’m super fit on a cardio level, and at least I have good legs by the end of cycling season

There should be a ‘in shape’ and a ‘gym fit’ option though, and probably most ‘athletic’ types would fall into those more naturally, I’d choose in shape over athletic of I could, but won’t go back to ‘slim’ as it makes me feel like a runt…

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

My physique, health and stamina. I am 6'2'' but look taller because of this.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Is it about physique or stamina for you? Is it because you pump iron, run marathons, cycle or swim for miles You can be any size and still be athletic. X"

I’ve always been told for men to have athletic build they should have a 8-10 inch drop from chest to waist ie 48 inch chest and 40 inch waist.

I’ve no idea where this comes from though

Is it about physique or stamina for you? Is it because you pump iron, run marathons, cycle or swim for miles You can be any size and still be athletic. X

I’ve always been told for men to have athletic build they should have a 8-10 inch drop from chest to waist ie 48 inch chest and 40 inch waist.

I’ve no idea where this comes from though "

I can see that as a proportion, I’m 40/32

Interesting thread OP.

I wanted to list Mr as athletic as I feel he has an athletic figure however he's only just started back training and used to be a lot more bulky and defined, so once he's back there he will be happy to list himself as athletic.

I used to be down as athletic too but that was a few years ago, since getting a little older and becoming curvy, I now list myself as curvy which I'm happy with.

I suppose one person's 'athletic' is another person's 'average' and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Whatever we all list ourselves as we are all beautiful in our own unique ways no matter what our listing says xxx

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

Ive used athletic because I feel in good health, work in a mostly phisical role that keeps me in genrally good shape on and off and I would like to think I don't have an average body for a 57 year old, I'm not conceited, I just think that's the best honest description.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Good thread. I like athletic people a good balance, fit and healthy lifestyle but not obsessed about body or counting everything. I think they are the best lovers too

Broad word athletic .

Iv played rugby 35 years but never had a ripped figure since I was 19

. I can last the full 80 , can play five aside football ., Can keep up with the young UN's at kids training ...yet I have a complete , baked potatoe dad bod .

Great stamina though

So am I classed as athletic ?

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I am a regular gym goer, I lift weights and do cardio 4 times a week usually but there’s no way I’d describe my look as athletic! I look like I’ve never set foot in a gym in my life

Kx

"Broad word athletic .

Iv played rugby 35 years but never had a ripped figure since I was 19

. I can last the full 80 , can play five aside football ., Can keep up with the young UN's at kids training ...yet I have a complete , baked potatoe dad bod .

Great stamina though

So am I classed as athletic ? "

I coached the kids through the age groups at their rugby club and remember being pleased I could still keep up but in retrospect I wasn't really all that fit at that point.

I've found it much easier to focus on my own interests since our children have left school. I'd say embrace your dad bod and enjoy every moment of it. Plenty of time for other stuff in future years.

I chose athletic because I play football and use a gym..

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

"I chose athletic because I thought that’s what fit my profile, as I lift weights run and cycle daily "

Yes, deffo athletic and a fab body !

hexham

"I classed myself as athletic. Think it was the best option to suit my body I am no gym bunny but my job is physical and I walk alot and run."

Yes definitely athletic. I wonder if you do a lot of running to avoid being caught taking some of your risqué photographs?

Which are brilliant by the way !

hexham

"I started out as slim but changed to athletic because of the activities I do. I go to the gym, go for regular walks and play cricket as well "
yes! Once again definitely a fantastic athletic body .. wow

hexham

My body could be described as like a brick.

But then I strap it up tight with a corset and wear hip pad knix to give me more curves

My body type certainly could not be described as athletic

It COULD be described as a lie or an illusion !

South Wales

"Interesting thread OP.

I wanted to list Mr as athletic as I feel he has an athletic figure however he's only just started back training and used to be a lot more bulky and defined, so once he's back there he will be happy to list himself as athletic.

I used to be down as athletic too but that was a few years ago, since getting a little older and becoming curvy, I now list myself as curvy which I'm happy with.

I suppose one person's 'athletic' is another person's 'average' and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Whatever we all list ourselves as we are all beautiful in our own unique ways no matter what our listing says xxx "

Thanks yes it is interesting, hubby is down as average even though he was a martial arts instructor and still really fit, but he's gone off his body shape not his fitness level. I also walk miles and physically pretty fit again I've gone off my body shape as well. X

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

"I am a regular gym goer, I lift weights and do cardio 4 times a week usually but there’s no way I’d describe my look as athletic! I look like I’ve never set foot in a gym in my life

Kx"

I would define your look as absolutely gorgeous! xxxx

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I run marathons and do triathlons frequently.... I put average I think...

I've chosen athletic because I believe my body shape fits my perception of the words meaning.

There are many different sports that favour a wide range of body shapes and sizes but what they all have in common is that training for said sport will keep your weight down and show in muscle tone. I'm a runner and to a lesser extent a climber. Years of running have changed the shape of my legs and climbing has given me a little upper body definition. Your chosen sport could be weightlifting and that will show, even a manual job can show in your body shape and composition and can achieve an athletic physique. I don't believe that a sedentary life gives this physique even if the person isn't overweight.

My take on the Fab options is slim = low end healthy BMI, Average = mid to high end healthy BMI. Athletic = healthy BMI and a body that shows clear signs that is muscles get regular strenuous use. Curvy = high end healthy BMI to slightly overweight. Ample = overweight. Fabulous = whatever the hell you want it to.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my definitions and I also understand that BMI isn't a particularly good indicator but it gets the idea across.

Mr

It was that or slim. I’m slender but I’m in shape and I’ve got broad shoulders so athletic seemed more appropriate.

If we're going off BMI I'm obese

I put athletic as the option of ‘for my age’ wasn’t available

I would never describe myself as athletic as I don't look it. Plus I also don't workout a lot...or much at all really.

By *arickMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Hi all, first post for me.

I chose athletic as I compete in long distance triathlons, so toned and very fit for my age.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Personally feel there should be more options in regard to body types, some people will fit multiple descriptions - I list myself as curvy however I’ve been a dancer for 30yrs so I’d consider myself athletic also, based on stamina and general fitness/lifestyle

Some people also associate curvy with having a few extra pounds, where as you can be slim but curvaceous to - I feel one word to describe yourself is rather limiting x

Can't even remember what I put but I would imagine athletic purely because I feel I fit that sort of profile

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

I can’t choose athletic at all. Fallen arches, hypermobility, too many joint problems. Athletics and sports aren’t for me!! and besides, my body shape isn’t athletic anymore at all, it’s far from it!

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I think it’s pretty obvious?

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"I feel one word to describe yourself is rather limiting x"

I completely agree. Curvy athletic would be a great description.

Athletic fit me best, but I didn't like any of the choices particularly

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 25/01/22 15:24:46]

I am and I have chosen atletic on mine cos I think that option suits me as I have an atletic body with a 6pack and of course cos I work out as well

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'd say I have a 'sporty' build.

Sumo wrestling is a sport.

Because someone suggested it was a better description than average and I exercise a fair bit.

So why not?

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Wigan, Charlton and Oldham

Tyson Fury and Andy Ruiz are both athletes so why can’t I say I’m athletic

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

I changed mine from ample to athletic as another member told me to.

I say fit dad bod.

I’m 95kg at 184cm.

"I changed mine from ample to athletic as another member told me to.

I say fit dad bod.

I’m 95kg at 184cm.

"

You can always tell someone who’s serious about lifting when the measure in metric units

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I am and I have chosen atletic on mine cos I think that option suits me as I have an atletic body with a 6pack and of course cos I work out as well "

Yours is deff athletic.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I chose athletic as I do regularly lift weights and try to keep myself in shape. It seems to be the option that best suits my physique.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

"None of the above reasons.

I can't run the length of myself and wouldn't set foot in a gym if you paid me.

My only form of exercise is regular hillwalking but I chose the athletic option because I've always called myself average and I decided one day I was no longer going to do that. "

Same here. John

By *allPaul40Man  over a year ago

brentwood

I’ve always been in good shape, played football from the age of 5, plus I do a lot of running

"I am and I have chosen atletic on mine cos I think that option suits me as I have an atletic body with a 6pack and of course cos I work out as well

Yours is deff athletic."

Ty. I like to work out harder than the last time

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

We both do Ironman and other triathlons so athletic is the closest description of what our shapes are, although Mrs Skyblue is also incredibly curvy but that can be interpreted differently on here as every size can be curvy.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am athletic in the bedroom

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

"I am athletic in the bedroom "

Mmmmmm, pretty sure you probably are x

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

"I changed mine from ample to athletic as another member told me to.

I say fit dad bod.

I’m 95kg at 184cm.

You can always tell someone who’s serious about lifting when the measure in metric units "

Haha, or more European and younger than what, 50 now?

But I chuffing hate it when weights are called out in lb’s… ‘now lifting 150kg and for the token American in the room it’s 331lbs’..

And out of it!

My resting heart rate is 45bpm. Apparently that makes me an athlete.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm round x

I’m rounder older and irresponsible

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

Me too ! Olympic standard

I never knew what to put. Had athletic for a while as I am pretty athletic and do lots of sport, but also enjoy my food too much, so changed it to average.

For me there's a lot of missleading descriptions out there or people with funny mirrors....lol

For me to list yourself as athletic is to have a fit, toned and scultured physique... wether it's gym, althetics, cycling or other forms of exercises to look good...

But I can see the sexual athletic ability of the decision too...;-)

I chose athletic as outta shape couch potato wasn’t an option.

Also, I have a condition that requires special talcum powder to treat that contains the word athlete’s.

"I chose athletic as outta shape couch potato wasn’t an option.

Also, I have a condition that requires special talcum powder to treat that contains the word athlete’s."

I have a Dad bod but can comfortably run a half marathon in 2 hours

I chose athletic as I lift weights, swim & walk a lot and am quite toned & muscular.

I definitely don’t class myself as slim & didn’t think that curvy was quite the right description so went for athletic.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Well Will says I’m wirey which isn’t an option lol so athletic seemed the closest to it, I’m quite solid and toned with some muscle definition most of which is just my body make up but I also do sailing, swimming and lots of walking so some athletic workouts going on. Just checked BMI as that’s what some people go off and I just creep into the low end of healthy.

By *thLincsCpleCouple  over a year ago

Barton upon Humber

I chose athletic, as after a couple of major health warnings and a final written warning from my GP, I finally listened to my wife and adopted a new way of eating, cut back on my drinking and started going to keep fit classes with my wife, initially just doing ‘Pilates’ until I got fitter and healthier, I have lost 65lb in weight (4 stone 7 lb in old money) now do 2-5 classes or swim in the week, I am the fittest I have been in years and think I look pretty ripped and proud of what I have achieved therefor selected athletic.

South Wales

"For me there's a lot of missleading descriptions out there or people with funny mirrors....lol

For me to list yourself as athletic is to have a fit, toned and scultured physique... wether it's gym, althetics, cycling or other forms of exercises to look good...

But I can see the sexual athletic ability of the decision too...;-)"

Mirrors lol I got one of those. X

» Add a new message to this topic