FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Food Cultural Appropriation

Food Cultural Appropriation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

According to reports that are all over the news .. the cook Jamie Oliver is hiring a cultural appropriation adviser to look at his cookbooks...

He should stick to British classics in my view..

Spag Bol and Chicken Massala..

Is it illegal to cook foreign food and any fool who objects should be carted off to food hell ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Meh, let people cook what they want. No harm in taking different foods and adding your own twist to it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice one Tom

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Worry not Tom, your spotted dick will still be fine..

Whoever coined the phrase 'cultural appropriation' needs locking in a dark room.

By *ysyphusMan  over a year ago

Starbase K-7

"According to reports that are all over the news .. the cook Jamie Oliver is hiring a cultural appropriation adviser to look at his cookbooks...

Is it illegal to cook foreign food and any fool who objects should be carted off to food hell ... "

Chicken Tikka Massala was invented in Glasgow. I think that's in Britain. (For the moment).

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Ridiculous. If he wants to make jerk rice, have at it.

"According to reports that are all over the news .. the cook Jamie Oliver is hiring a cultural appropriation adviser to look at his cookbooks...

Is it illegal to cook foreign food and any fool who objects should be carted off to food hell ...

Chicken Tikka Massala was invented in Glasgow. I think that's in Britain. (For the moment)."

It'll always be in Britain. Possibly not the UK though...

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Sweet and sour chicken is also a European invention (it appears in a C14th English cookery book)

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Is it illegal to cook foreign food and any fool who objects should be carted off to food hell ... "

British classics???

Ye drive home from work in German cars, stop to have a pint in Irish pubs, then order a Belgian beer, then order a Chinese or Indian on the way home then fall in the door and plonk your ass on Scandinavian furniture, flick on your Asian made TV and fall asleep to American TV shows,,

British Classics,,

Wake up my man, you fell asleep at the breakfast table again and now your cornflakes have gone all soggy.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's not because of what food he makes, it's because the fucking idiot made an Indian inspired dish and called it "empire chicken" and toasted "to the empire" in the programme he cooked it on.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

He needs to stop 'appropriating' (ridiculous term) chef culture as he is naught but a fat tongued throbber.

C

By *ysyphusMan  over a year ago

Starbase K-7

He needs to stop 'appropriating' (ridiculous term) chef culture as he is naught but a fat tongued throbber.

C"

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"It's not because of what food he makes, it's because the fucking idiot made an Indian inspired dish and called it "empire chicken" and toasted "to the empire" in the programme he cooked it on. "

Oh... Oh no...

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"It's not because of what food he makes, it's because the fucking idiot made an Indian inspired dish and called it "empire chicken" and toasted "to the empire" in the programme he cooked it on. "

He cooked an existing dish called Empire Chicken. Odd that was never mentioned by the perpetually offended.

C

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"It's not because of what food he makes, it's because the fucking idiot made an Indian inspired dish and called it "empire chicken" and toasted "to the empire" in the programme he cooked it on.

He cooked an existing dish called Empire Chicken. Odd that was never mentioned by the perpetually offended.

C"

And the Nazis are an existing political party. What's your point?

Chelmsford

Well I have just checked out the dish and it sounds fab.

Ooh that would be a good thread. Inappropriate menu names

He should never have started with he turkey twizzlers!

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

And the Nazis are an existing political party. What's your point? "

No they aren't and haven't been for generations.

The furore was about him calling it something which he never did. It was a lie to create a stink to distract certain people.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

See what happens when he tempts fate?

He attacked the Turkey Twizzler and now his career on the rocks..

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Maybe Clarkson May and Hammond should hire the same crew and maybe redo the Argentine trip,, with a bit of class this time.

Chelmsford

"Maybe Clarkson May and Hammond should hire the same crew and maybe redo the Argentine trip,, with a bit of class this time. "

I saw that episode and the one in the Deep South of America. Lucky to get out in one piece. Brave guys for sure

» Add a new message to this topic