FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosted

Ghosted

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ames5169 OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Is there anything more annoying than being ghosted after a few days of great messaging? Xx hopes raised high only be dashed with no explanation. Anything else annoy you on fab ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unchy2016Man  over a year ago

Castle Donnington

Yep when they put a status "is anyone free?" So you message and they either read or delete ....pure annoying

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can’t say it bothers me massively. I just assume it’s down to way some people see this as a disposable pleasure.

I don’t know about much annoying me on fab either. I can log out and leave it alone for a few days if I find myself being annoyed by something.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

It happens o/p just block and move on...good luck. As far as fab annoyances. Not really one but I'd like a notification if someone replies to one of my forum posts.

I find it annoying especially if you've arranged a meet then just before quiet. At least tell the person, it's common decency surely. Good luck OP their loss

Birmingham

"I find it annoying especially if you've arranged a meet then just before quiet. At least tell the person, it's common decency surely. Good luck OP their loss "

Thanks for that xx

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"It happens o/p just block and move on...good luck. As far as fab annoyances. Not really one but I'd like a notification if someone replies to one of my forum posts."

The @ symbol would be good for that.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Doesn’t bother me I’m used to it

It's the nature of this place unfortunately, especially when a meet is discussed or coming up.. radio silence. Just think of it as the universe doing you a favour, the good people will show theirselves in the end.

Birmingham

"It's the nature of this place unfortunately, especially when a meet is discussed or coming up.. radio silence. Just think of it as the universe doing you a favour, the good people will show theirselves in the end."

She was hot though !!

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Yep when they put a status "is anyone free?" So you message and they either read or delete ....pure annoying"

Just because they have put that status up they may still be looking for certain things just take it as normal on here as a no reply is your not what they are wanting at that time x

"Is there anything more annoying than being ghosted after a few days of great messaging? Xx hopes raised high only be dashed with no explanation. Anything else annoy you on fab ?"

Being ghosted after seeing someone for some time, that’s even WORSE

The joys of fab ,her loss.

Birmingham

"Is there anything more annoying than being ghosted after a few days of great messaging? Xx hopes raised high only be dashed with no explanation. Anything else annoy you on fab ?

Being ghosted after seeing someone for some time, that’s even WORSE "

Who would do that to you ? Xx

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"It happens o/p just block and move on...good luck. As far as fab annoyances. Not really one but I'd like a notification if someone replies to one of my forum posts."

Now that's a good idea

"Yep when they put a status "is anyone free?" So you message and they either read or delete ....pure annoying"

That means no.

"Is there anything more annoying than being ghosted after a few days of great messaging? Xx hopes raised high only be dashed with no explanation. Anything else annoy you on fab ?"

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

By *elshman78Man  over a year ago

South Wales

It happens. Personally I’m loving the block button, it’s saves everyone’s time. If their not interested first time, nothings going to change if you accidentally message them again.

Is all part of fablife

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"Is there anything more annoying than being ghosted after a few days of great messaging? Xx hopes raised high only be dashed with no explanation. Anything else annoy you on fab ?

Being ghosted after seeing someone for some time, that’s even WORSE "

Yup it’s the lowest of the low. Those kind of people who ghost are scum.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"Yep when they put a status "is anyone free?" So you message and they either read or delete ....pure annoying

That means no. "

Bit self entitled of him to assume he was going to be the chosen one in that situation

Just because they are looking for someone, doesn’t mean they are looking for anyone, they will still have their criteria

Op, I’m sorry this happened, maybe they changed their mind, and didn’t feel able to tell you?

Just go with the flow and enjoy the people whom do want you. I am sure there will be plenty

Birmingham

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank."

Yes lots of sex chat

I think that when the messages are too eager, you can see it coming, so best to play along and put and involvement or emotion on the shelf. If something happens you can then of course attach more to it

Maybe they didnt think the chat was that great and got bored? Iv seen me chatting with someone then just go off the person after they either spoke about somthing i disliked or i just got bored of them

A ghost a lot of people. It is not my intention just the volume of messages. I get that it's frustrating but it's really frustrating for me too as I wish I could keep up.

Birmingham

Maybe they didnt think the chat was that great and got bored? Iv seen me chatting with someone then just go off the person after they either spoke about somthing i disliked or i just got bored of them "

They seemed very entertained up to the point of vanishing!!!

Birmingham

A ghost a lot of people. It is not my intention just the volume of messages. I get that it's frustrating but it's really frustrating for me too as I wish I could keep up. "

I can see why you are popular xx

Maybe they didnt think the chat was that great and got bored? Iv seen me chatting with someone then just go off the person after they either spoke about somthing i disliked or i just got bored of them

They seemed very entertained up to the point of vanishing!!!"

The word "seemed" couldve all been an act

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

Back of the bins.

But if you’re not what they’re looking for, why should they reply.

Just because people are in the lifestyle and actively looking, doesn’t mean they will want to meet specifically with you.

I wouldn’t say that’s ghosting, they might just have been looking for someone else…

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

To me the level of ghosting depends greatly on how familiar things have been, how long the chat has been going on, and intent. If it's been brief then eh, so what. If there was some sort of friendship or connection, then it is a bigger deal. I mean ghosting as a whole, not just on fab.

Ghosting sucks, it just does. Sometimes there are reasons we personally find acceptable and some we don't.

I've found I've temporarily ghosted people due to my mental health at the time. I've gone quiet, and just drifted away.

Never knowingly, have I cut ties with somebody without a word and the intent to never speak to them again. At least nobody I've had a meaningful conversation with.

For me the biggest part is down to you knowing they are intentionally ignoring you. Having seen they have read messages and chose not to reply multiple times (again not talking about just fab) or have blocked you without so much as a word.

By *aountyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

When I was younger I did 'ghost' most of the romantic partner I've been with. At the time, there wasn't even a term for it and I wasn't meaning any harm, it just happened this way.

Recently I've been ghosted too, on line, I guess when you feel don't click with somebody or you lost a bit of interest with the game or the person, it's an easy thing to do, particularly in the digital age where everyone connect anonymously.

Why would you want to know the reasons somebody ghost you. Just be your best self,love life and everything it can give you and you can give to it and when this happen move on to the next story. Eventually it will work with someone.

Sorry to hear that happened OP it can hurt if you’ve been talking a while and have things planned.

Birmingham

"Sorry to hear that happened OP it can hurt if you’ve been talking a while and have things planned."

Thanks

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"It's the nature of this place unfortunately, especially when a meet is discussed or coming up.. radio silence. Just think of it as the universe doing you a favour, the good people will show theirselves in the end."

100% agree

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Welcome to the Internet.

Getting ghosted by a 'Friend' is bad enough, but not quite as bad as those who meet first then ignore you.

Birmingham

"To me the level of ghosting depends greatly on how familiar things have been, how long the chat has been going on, and intent. If it's been brief then eh, so what. If there was some sort of friendship or connection, then it is a bigger deal. I mean ghosting as a whole, not just on fab.

Ghosting sucks, it just does. Sometimes there are reasons we personally find acceptable and some we don't.

I've found I've temporarily ghosted people due to my mental health at the time. I've gone quiet, and just drifted away.

Never knowingly, have I cut ties with somebody without a word and the intent to never speak to them again. At least nobody I've had a meaningful conversation with.

For me the biggest part is down to you knowing they are intentionally ignoring you. Having seen they have read messages and chose not to reply multiple times (again not talking about just fab) or have blocked you without so much as a word. "

All traces of her messages disappeared so I’m assuming she deleted her account?

Yep, I had it where I was speaking to guy for 2 months or so, moved the chat off of here as well. Was real friendship sort of conversations. Woke up one day and he blocked me on everything. Felt shit. We lived really close, I recon he saw me and thought better of it. But I'd rather just be told than wondering.

So I understand OP, it sucks x

By *elshman78Man  over a year ago

South Wales

"Yep, I had it where I was speaking to guy for 2 months or so, moved the chat off of here as well. Was real friendship sort of conversations. Woke up one day and he blocked me on everything. Felt shit. We lived really close, I recon he saw me and thought better of it. But I'd rather just be told than wondering.

So I understand OP, it sucks x"

I wouldn’t ghost you.

I'd never ghost anyone..

I'm sure there must be ppl I messaged loads then just stopped but I'd never ignore any message or block them.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes, and even more so if you you've had a social and mentioned a future meet then *poof* gone...

Getting ghosted after a meet and play, especially when they see you out in public and look through you as if you don't exist.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

It annoys me when you can screenshot abusive messages and post them!

Block button is your friend

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat "

Cynical me says it wasn't a hot woman at all.

Did you enjoy the chat though?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"It annoys me when you can screenshot abusive messages and post them! "

Why?

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat "

He finished his wank.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Welcome to the Internet.

Getting ghosted by a 'Friend' is bad enough, but not quite as bad as those who meet first then ignore you. "

This

Leeds

"It annoys me when you can screenshot abusive messages and post them!

Why? "

I meant can't.....

Might out the arseholes.

Birmingham

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

Did you enjoy the chat though?"

I did but not now !!

Birmingham

"Yep, I had it where I was speaking to guy for 2 months or so, moved the chat off of here as well. Was real friendship sort of conversations. Woke up one day and he blocked me on everything. Felt shit. We lived really close, I recon he saw me and thought better of it. But I'd rather just be told than wondering.

Thanks xxx

So I understand OP, it sucks x"

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

I did but not now !!"

Maybe it was your wife or her friend on here and she stopped chatting when she realised she knows you.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I guess I'm what people would consider a ghoster if I look at it from their point of view.

I don't venture into my inbox that often, but there are times when I will respond to people.

They've simply caught me when I'm feeling talkative or open uppy.... or dare I say it - non cunty.

Now. Am I a ghosty cunt because I don't go back to my inbox for days and don't respond further? Or am I simply someone who can't be arsed to use my brain on a 1-1 level, for whatever reason and that reason doesn't need explaining to anyone. Is it assumed that because I'm online I owe them my time? Or could it just be accepted, that we had a pleasant chat and that was that, like 2 people passing in the street who stop for a quick chin wag.

Birmingham

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

I did but not now !!

Maybe it was your wife or her friend on here and she stopped chatting when she realised she knows you. "

That would be a disaster!!

Birmingham

"I guess I'm what people would consider a ghoster if I look at it from their point of view.

I don't venture into my inbox that often, but there are times when I will respond to people.

They've simply caught me when I'm feeling talkative or open uppy.... or dare I say it - non cunty.

Now. Am I a ghosty cunt because I don't go back to my inbox for days and don't respond further? Or am I simply someone who can't be arsed to use my brain on a 1-1 level, for whatever reason and that reason doesn't need explaining to anyone. Is it assumed that because I'm online I owe them my time? Or could it just be accepted, that we had a pleasant chat and that was that, like 2 people passing in the street who stop for a quick chin wag."

That would be fine xx but messages just disappeared I wasn’t even blocked

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

I did but not now !!

Maybe it was your wife or her friend on here and she stopped chatting when she realised she knows you.

That would be a disaster!!"

I'd call it karma

Birmingham

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

I did but not now !!

That would be a disaster!!

I'd call it karma "

Ok x

By *heonix_flamesWoman  over a year ago

Midlands

"Yep when they put a status "is anyone free?" So you message and they either read or delete ....pure annoying

Just because they have put that status up they may still be looking for certain things just take it as normal on here as a no reply is your not what they are wanting at that time x "

This- someone doesn’t have to meet you just because you’re both available at the same time….

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I guess I'm what people would consider a ghoster if I look at it from their point of view.

Now. Am I a ghosty cunt because I don't go back to my inbox for days and don't respond further? Or am I simply someone who can't be arsed to use my brain on a 1-1 level, for whatever reason and that reason doesn't need explaining to anyone. Is it assumed that because I'm online I owe them my time? Or could it just be accepted, that we had a pleasant chat and that was that, like 2 people passing in the street who stop for a quick chin wag."

Nah, that's not ghosting.

Hell I know people, genuine friends and family who just don't respond to texts for weeks, if that. But certainly check in on me from time to time too.

Personally I just don't think you can ghost or be ghosted by somebody if it's been just a few brief convos with somebody. There needs to be a connection and some depth to have been lost for it to be be a case of cutting ties and never to talk again, and then it needs to be sudden and no respect given for an explanation.

Convo with a stranger in the street is a great example.

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

He finished his wank. "

To be fair if THAT took 2 months you have to admire his stamina if nothing else

Did you do sex chat?

He probably had a wank.

Yes lots of sex chat

He finished his wank.

To be fair if THAT took 2 months you have to admire his stamina if nothing else "

Now. Am I a ghosty cunt because I don't go back to my inbox for days and don't respond further? Or am I simply someone who can't be arsed to use my brain on a 1-1 level, for whatever reason and that reason doesn't need explaining to anyone. Is it assumed that because I'm online I owe them my time? Or could it just be accepted, that we had a pleasant chat and that was that, like 2 people passing in the street who stop for a quick chin wag.

That would be fine xx but messages just disappeared I wasn’t even blocked "

If messages disappeared that means they deleted their profile and left the site. Or had their profile reported and Admin deleted it.

If someone blocks you the message is still there you just can't reply to it.

Birmingham

That would be fine xx but messages just disappeared I wasn’t even blocked

If messages disappeared that means they deleted their profile and left the site. Or had their profile reported and Admin deleted it.

If someone blocks you the message is still there you just can't reply to it."

Thanks

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

I'll take ghosting over breadcrumbing any day.

For those who are unfamiliar; breadcrumbing is when someone doesn't actually intend on meeting you, but continues to show you just enough interest, here and there, to keep your attention, and keep you thinking that it might happen.

Ghosting is a dick move, but at least you know where you stand.

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

Try being ghosted on the day of the planned meet, OP. I had a social with a guy, all went well, so we arranged next meet, that was supposed to be play meet. He had to cancel once due to work, fine, we postponed it. The day of the meet- total radio silence, even though I could tell he read my messages. I took the hint, eventually, and he got blocked on here and Whatsapp.

Cheeky bugger found me on another communication app a couple of months later, tried to reconnect. Got blocked on there, too.

Birmingham

"I'll take ghosting over breadcrumbing any day.

For those who are unfamiliar; breadcrumbing is when someone doesn't actually intend on meeting you, but continues to show you just enough interest, here and there, to keep your attention, and keep you thinking that it might happen.

Ghosting is a dick move, but at least you know where you stand."

I’ve been breadcrumbed a few times !

Birmingham

"Try being ghosted on the day of the planned meet, OP. I had a social with a guy, all went well, so we arranged next meet, that was supposed to be play meet. He had to cancel once due to work, fine, we postponed it. The day of the meet- total radio silence, even though I could tell he read my messages. I took the hint, eventually, and he got blocked on here and Whatsapp.

Cheeky bugger found me on another communication app a couple of months later, tried to reconnect. Got blocked on there, too. "

I feel your pain x

Yep, I was ghosted last year after an overnight meet, they asked if they could come back after their work that night, said yes… they messaged they were on their way…. 3 hrs later no sign, text them to see how long they were going to be as it doesn’t take 3 hours to get across town…. Still waiting for the reply!

Leeds

"I'll take ghosting over breadcrumbing any day.

Ghosting is a dick move, but at least you know where you stand."

Thats why I always make my intentions clear. I would hate it done to me so wouldn't do.it to others.

"I find it annoying especially if you've arranged a meet then just before quiet. At least tell the person, it's common decency surely. Good luck OP their loss "

This has happened to me all too regularly. No wonder I am pretty jaded about fab of late.

OP. it is Fab After all ?

Birmingham

"OP. it is Fab After all ?"

I’m beginning to realise it’s not for me xx

"OP. it is Fab After all ?

I’m beginning to realise it’s not for me xx"

Whys it not for you? What were u expecting from the site? Like i told you in a message use the filters the site gives you filter out non verifieds etc it does help

I think I'm in the middle of a ghosting at the moment

Birmingham

Whys it not for you? What were u expecting from the site? Like i told you in a message use the filters the site gives you filter out non verifieds etc it does help"

I will

Birmingham

Whys it not for you? What were u expecting from the site? Like i told you in a message use the filters the site gives you filter out non verifieds etc it does help"

I will

Whys it not for you? What were u expecting from the site? Like i told you in a message use the filters the site gives you filter out non verifieds etc it does help

I will "

poss Security is whats wrong

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Exactly this. Most times I'm on here I can't be arsed chatting 1 to 1. I can ignore my inbox for days at a time. I'm here for me. Not over excitable guys who want me to sex chat them who assume I'm sat in sexy lingerie gagging for cock at all hrs.

OP take the chat for what it was - a bit of fun to pass the time. Next time let your big head keepnyour wee head in check

It is a bit rude, and it sucks, but it’s really just one of those things.

I’m not a ghoster, particularly after a prolonged period of messaging or a meet. If I wasn’t feeling it, then I’d politely explain why. But I have let things drift after a few messages if I can’t be arsed or find the messages boring. Small talk for the billionth time can be a bit soul-destroying. That said, I’d never deliberately set out to upset anyone or hurt feelings.

Birmingham

Exactly this. Most times I'm on here I can't be arsed chatting 1 to 1. I can ignore my inbox for days at a time. I'm here for me. Not over excitable guys who want me to sex chat them who assume I'm sat in sexy lingerie gagging for cock at all hrs.

OP take the chat for what it was - a bit of fun to pass the time. Next time let your big head keepnyour wee head in check "

Good advice

Birmingham

"It is a bit rude, and it sucks, but it’s really just one of those things.

I’m not a ghoster, particularly after a prolonged period of messaging or a meet. If I wasn’t feeling it, then I’d politely explain why. But I have let things drift after a few messages if I can’t be arsed or find the messages boring. Small talk for the billionth time can be a bit soul-destroying. That said, I’d never deliberately set out to upset anyone or hurt feelings."

You are perfect xxx

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 25/01/22 08:14:23]

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I have been guilty of ghosting in the past but never with anyone I was proposing to meet.

It was the simplest option with people who lived for drama and if they couldn't find any they created it.

It became very draining and soul-destroying and rather than tell them for the 100th time that they were wrong it was easier just to fade away and stop communicating.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I NEVER sympathise with ghosting threads.

I wish the OP's of ghosting posts would use a little reality when posting .....

Instead of writing as if they've lost the love of their life..... or had some great harm done to them why can they not see the truth .. which is basically ......

Someone I have never met is now doing something else.

By *ampant2kMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I can deal with being ghosted by newbies, but when it's by so called fab friends that's just rude. Although I've come to learn over the years that most fab friendships are very fickle and short-lived anyway. Guess it goes with the territory.

"I can deal with being ghosted by newbies, but when it's by so called fab friends that's just rude. Although I've come to learn over the years that most fab friendships are very fickle and short-lived anyway. Guess it goes with the territory. "

What do you mean re fab friends? You message them and no reply? Or the chat fizzles out?

I have friends and we chat sometimes but not every single day.

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

"who ya gonna call?"

"I NEVER sympathise with ghosting threads.

I wish the OP's of ghosting posts would use a little reality when posting .....

Instead of writing as if they've lost the love of their life..... or had some great harm done to them why can they not see the truth .. which is basically ......

Someone I have never met is now doing something else."

What about if it's someone you have met? Multiple times? And gotten close to? When I ran a thread on ghosting there were lots of stories like that. I don't know how it hurts you to have sympathy for people who are hurting.

""who ya gonna call?""

Go Compare?

» Add a new message to this topic