FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ripped off

Ripped off

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *avie65 OP   Man  over a year ago

In the west.

Does anyone else think we are being ripped off due to the pandemic?

I just bought 6 nations tickets. The cheapest ticket is £65 which I don't begrudge. I know sports bodies have had additional expenses putting in Covid measures but the cost of a ticket has gone up by about 50% in two years.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The cost of UK holidays has rocketed, a week in the Lakes in a self catering cottage used to cost us about £400 in September, you’re lucky to find one under £700 now.

Market forces I guess. They’ll still rent the cottage. And they’ll still sell the Six Nations tickets.

"The cost of UK holidays has rocketed, a week in the Lakes in a self catering cottage used to cost us about £400 in September, you’re lucky to find one under £700 now.

Market forces I guess. They’ll still rent the cottage. And they’ll still sell the Six Nations tickets. "

Free at Appletrees B&B (let me get the kids watched first)

Everything seems to have gone up sadly

"The cost of UK holidays has rocketed, a week in the Lakes in a self catering cottage used to cost us about £400 in September, you’re lucky to find one under £700 now.

Market forces I guess. They’ll still rent the cottage. And they’ll still sell the Six Nations tickets.

Free at Appletrees B&B (let me get the kids watched first) "

Cool, see ya 2nd week of September. Plenty of time to farm out the nippers to the rellies! Hope you’ve got plenty of cheese!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

They're making up what they've lost over the last couple of years.

The supply chain has been affected, needing to cover costs of "Covid safety measurements" throughout the whole chain to appease the government health and safety spiel. Sports events, furniture, holidays. Everything will be higher, people will continue paying it so there won't be any point for businesses to charge less.

In the west.

Market forces I guess. They’ll still rent the cottage. And they’ll still sell the Six Nations tickets. "

There is no doubt about it, they will sell their accommodation and tickets.

The accommodation sector might find when everything settles down the people that booked with them will go abroad again as they have good memories. I get that they need to recoup the additional costs but some have taken it too far.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

That's global capitalism for ya ..

Everything's an opportunity..

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Ripped off was those cunts selling hand sanitiser at a tenner a bottle at the start.

Now it's mainly a case of trying to claw back anything to keep in business for most I would imagine, plus extra costs those business have now inherited due to needing extra shizzle to be "covid safe"

Not my fault a pandemic hit, but I'm been charged for it everytime I buy something. Prices are crazy, everything from food to uk holidays. So I've joined weight watchers to cut down on my food shop & booked a cheap holiday abroad

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Everything going up except wages

In the west.

"The supply chain has been affected, needing to cover costs of "Covid safety measurements" throughout the whole chain to appease the government health and safety spiel. Sports events, furniture, holidays. Everything will be higher, people will continue paying it so there won't be any point for businesses to charge less. "

I know they need to cover the additional expense otherwise they will go out of business.

I think my main gripe was the 50% increase in 6 Nations tickets especially when they want to encourage the next generation to go to the games.

In the west.

"Everything going up except wages "

Sadly that is very true.

The accommodation sector might find when everything settles down the people that booked with them will go abroad again as they have good memories. I get that they need to recoup the additional costs but some have taken it too far. "

Exactly .. I’ve noted who’s done what! Like with the petrol shortage, one local garage really took the piss and ramped up the cost ridiculously when they got a delivery in. Not been back to them since!

In the west.

"Not my fault a pandemic hit, but I'm been charged for it everytime I buy something. Prices are crazy, everything from food to uk holidays. So I've joined weight watchers to cut down on my food shop & booked a cheap holiday abroad "

It certainly isn't your fault.

I haven't booked a package for years. I book flights direct with the airline then check to see what accommodation there is in the area then book direct with them. The accommodation provider gets all of my money and they don't have to give a percentage to a third party.

In the west.

The accommodation sector might find when everything settles down the people that booked with them will go abroad again as they have good memories. I get that they need to recoup the additional costs but some have taken it too far.

Exactly .. I’ve noted who’s done what! Like with the petrol shortage, one local garage really took the piss and ramped up the cost ridiculously when they got a delivery in. Not been back to them since! "

I think that will happen more often than we realise.

In the west.

"They're making up what they've lost over the last couple of years."

I get that but is it a short term solution?

In the west.

"That's global capitalism for ya ..

Everything's an opportunity.."

It certainly is for some but not all.

In the west.

"Everything seems to have gone up sadly "

Increased prices are a good thing as that allows businesses to keep developing, but huge increase!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"That's global capitalism for ya ..

Everything's an opportunity..

It certainly is for some but not all. "

Agreed..

» Add a new message to this topic