FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > All by myself

All by myself

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So as It’s time that I finally got a place completely by myself, and have a one bed flat in West London (West London gaaaal whoop whoop) and I have mixed emotions of being excited but also apprehensive…

I’ve never lived completely alone as I always either lived with flat mates (I mean London kinda push you to live with others) or boyfriends…

Anyway, it’s all so exciting but also I’m scared of feeling lonely (god, I sound so sad)… not going to lie!

Just wanted to do a thread about your first time living completely alone, the perks and not perks of living by urself? X

I swear, I’m gonna be the crazy girl who’s gonna throw the boxers and jeans of guys out of my flat.

I’m excited that it’s gonna be MY HOME, MY RULES.

And if I wanna cry in the bathroom for hours, or have dirty sex every other night , or have my BFF for a weekend, I have to answer to nobody but me.

Wish me luck as packing is literally making me wanna rip every strand of hair out , one by one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Technically not living on my own as my children are with me.

But I single, first time in 20 years.

all my homes have been with my now ex husband this home is all mine

Hope you settle in well

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Soo exciting for you! And your own home in time for your op (you'll have help won't you? I'll come and look after you if you need). I've never lived alone so I don't know 'what' I'd expect but I do LOVE being alone. The quiet... Ooooh the quiet.

Best of luck to you . I hope you love it as much as I do . Have lived on my own for 14 years and am pretty sure I’ll never live with anyone again.

"Soo exciting for you! And your own home in time for your op (you'll have help won't you? I'll come and look after you if you need). I've never lived alone so I don't know 'what' I'd expect but I do LOVE being alone. The quiet... Ooooh the quiet. "

Haha!! So kind! Yes I’ve got some family and a real good friend of mine who’s literally 8 mins walk from my place. So I should be okay, but because of surgeries etc I wanted to be on my own, so if I don’t have the energy to tidy up, I can do as I please

Thanks for the offer tho!

I am kinda excited about the quiet!! Tho I think I’ll need some adjusting

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Ah Kylie, enjoy it my lovely! Just think you can shag in whatever room and on whatever surface you want to, with no disturbances!

The radio is great company, and I’m sure you have lots of friends who will pop round to see you for a cuppa and a chat until you’re proper settled in. And loved ones are only ever a phone call away, remember that. X

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Ooooooo exciting!!!!!

So, my first living alone began 6 years ago once the abusive ex knew in no uncertain terms I was done and his days were numbered.

I like it for the most part. No. I love it for the most part.

The things that gripe me are needing to ask for help. There's stuff one person simply cannot do, even moreso when that one person is practically a midget.

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

You'll be fine. It can get lonely at times, but, on the plus side, you can walk around the place in all your naked glory without anyone calling for a "house meeting" to discuss your "inappropriate behaviour".

Pfft! Damn prudes!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’m sure you will love it after you get over the initial shock

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Ohhhhh how good is that, that you r hot your own place

I've never lived alone so can't give you much advice. As someone else has said the radio is always good company if you're on your own, and there's us lot on here. What more do you need eh than the best folk here

"Ah Kylie, enjoy it my lovely! Just think you can shag in whatever room and on whatever surface you want to, with no disturbances!

The radio is great company, and I’m sure you have lots of friends who will pop round to see you for a cuppa and a chat until you’re proper settled in. And loved ones are only ever a phone call away, remember that. X"

Yes to all you said!!!! Also, decorating it exactly how I want it

But yeah, I’m so happy I can do dinners and invite friends over and be the hostess with the mostess

"Ooooooo exciting!!!!!

So, my first living alone began 6 years ago once the abusive ex knew in no uncertain terms I was done and his days were numbered.

I like it for the most part. No. I love it for the most part.

The things that gripe me are needing to ask for help. There's stuff one person simply cannot do, even moreso when that one person is practically a midget. "

I totally get it luckily I’ve been offered help for the manly things that I have no idea how to do… like screwing things on a wall! Like whattt?

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I bloody lived living alone. I could please myself - sit in a pigsty and do sfa if I wanted, or be social, either going out or having folk round. It was a big adjustment when I moved in with Mr!

Mrs TMN x

When you say West London, I assume you mean Slough?

Seriously, living on your own, you can be as fulfilled or lonely as you want

I liked aspects of both as a type of balance

You will be perfectly fine, your friends will be round - and you will go theirs + you may meet new people locally

The flat isn't a prison, you can go out whenever you want

You'll wonder what the hell you were bothered about in a couple of months x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Good luck in your new flat kylie! I've got 2 my 65th year and never lived alone! x

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Savour every moment of nesting in your own place as your mates will soon be over for dinner

I really don't like living with people, small people excluded of course. I need my sanctuary safe space.

Last year I did a test and invited a friend to stay the weekend and was horrified that I turned into a territorial tiger, luckily the friendship survived

"When you say West London, I assume you mean Slough?

You will be perfectly fine, your friends will be round - and you will go theirs + you may meet new people locally

You'll wonder what the hell you were bothered about in a couple of months x"

Lol Slough isn’t even London!!!

Nope, W4 but I’m moving from Westminster so I’m not sure whether it’s an upgrade or downgrade. I’m kidding!!!! I love the new neighbourhood, as I wanted to live in that specific area and they kept showing me things close, but not where I wanted it to be

I think you are right, it’s gonna be my little temple !! TEMPLE OF APHRODITE I meant, Kylie

Have you found somewhere you like OP?

Good luck.

Best of luck Kylie, best decision you'll ever make x

"Good luck in your new flat kylie! I've got 2 my 65th year and never lived alone! x"

I seriously started thinking that I was blooming late, living alone for the first time after 30 years but then again, London is it’s own thing due to pricing , so a lot go live alone but with a partner (which I did already, twice )

I’m glad that’s not the case tho

"Have you found somewhere you like OP?

Good luck. "

Oh yes, I got the place, I am literally waiting to get my shit together and move in x

I am so bloody jealous!

I have done 3 loads of washing today, and I’ll be honest, I cannot wait for the day where it’s only my own I’ll have to do! I also love my own company and enjoy pottering around, talking to myself

I feel like I should put in a disclaimer about loving my kids to bits, but that goes without saying

It’s a new adventure - be brave and enjoy! Xx

"I am so bloody jealous!

I have done 3 loads of washing today, and I’ll be honest, I cannot wait for the day where it’s only my own I’ll have to do! I also love my own company and enjoy pottering around, talking to myself

I feel like I should put in a disclaimer about loving my kids to bits, but that goes without saying

It’s a new adventure - be brave and enjoy! Xx"

U are always welcome to stay at mine if you need to escape from it all for a few days

Btw I so can see myself having full blown conversations in the mirror, like in the vogue make up tutorials

But anyway, I think being alone can also be a good way to maybe work on new projects and have that space to create (out of potential boredom) xx

Thanks lovely

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I hope you have a ball in your new pad!! I’ve never lived totally alone as when I became single I had 2 small children but I did enjoy my 1 night a week when I was totally alone. I know I am capable of living alone if I ever had to.

J x

"Have you found somewhere you like OP?

Good luck.

Oh yes, I got the place, I am literally waiting to get my shit together and move in x "

Woohooo! x

Write the room on the outside of the box so you can dump it in the right place.

By *igJFromSAMan  over a year ago

Woking

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it once you settle into a rhythm.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

W4! I don't know if you've watched the beaut of a man Miles in his latest show but it came up and I thought of you and this thread has reminded me of that.

You'll have a fantastic time, living alone is brilliant! Slightly envious to be honest. I hope the moving goes smoothly for you and you're christening every surface in true SuperSlute form soon. x

"I am so bloody jealous!

It’s a new adventure - be brave and enjoy! Xx

U are always welcome to stay at mine if you need to escape from it all for a few days

Btw I so can see myself having full blown conversations in the mirror, like in the vogue make up tutorials

But anyway, I think being alone can also be a good way to maybe work on new projects and have that space to create (out of potential boredom) xx

Thanks lovely "

Aww, thank you. And come up here if ever you get too lonely! I’ll send the girls to their dad’s

If it’s of any comfort, I totally imagine you to be like Carrie from SATC in your wee pad xx

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

You don't have to close the bathroom door when you need a pee!

I get a bit miffed if someone comes round and I have to close the door!

By *ulkuriMan  over a year ago

London

Had to find a place with flatmates when I moved to London.

Before that I lived alone for quite few years. It was amazing, as now I can't really make morning coffee and breakfast completely naked

Good luck and I'm sure it is going to be great!

"W4! I don't know if you've watched the beaut of a man Miles in his latest show but it came up and I thought of you and this thread has reminded me of that.

You'll have a fantastic time, living alone is brilliant! Slightly envious to be honest. I hope the moving goes smoothly for you and you're christening every surface in true SuperSlute form soon. x"

That’s so happening! And I so need the excuse of throwing his shit out cos guess what, ITS TIME TO LEAVE

I got a place on first floor, so I will be able to do the throwing

"You don't have to close the bathroom door when you need a pee!

I get a bit miffed if someone comes round and I have to close the door!"

Omg YES! And also, the toilet seat will be down as I left it (I hate that when living with ex bf’s .. always leaving it up)

Twickenham

Nope, W4 but I’m moving from Westminster so I’m not sure whether it’s an upgrade or downgrade. I’m kidding!!!! I love the new neighbourhood, as I wanted to live in that specific area and they kept showing me things close, but not where I wanted it to be

I think you are right, it’s gonna be my little temple !! TEMPLE OF APHRODITE I meant, Kylie "

W4 is fabulous. Lots of good bars and restaurants. High Road House - which is part of Soho House in there. A quick stroll to the river for summer evenings and not too far to Richmond or Ealing if you want to spread your wings.

I had a couple of bed sits when I was younger as the woman I was with was claiming housing benefits so couldn't officially live with her but in reality I just used them to sleep 3 or 4 nights a week. I didn't live properly alone until I split with my wife in my late 30's. I loved it, it was a really bad time for me but being able to shut the door on my own flat and hide from everyone was great. It was November when I moved in and typical Welsh valleys wet winter plus I was in a bad place myself so to start with I would often spend a whole evening sat in front of a radiator miserable as fuck. Then, as I started to fight may way out of that and spring time came I began exploring the local area for new runs and I came to really appreciate having my own place - it is an experience I would recommend for everyone.

Mr

Twickenham

"W4! I don't know if you've watched the beaut of a man Miles in his latest show but it came up and I thought of you and this thread has reminded me of that.

You'll have a fantastic time, living alone is brilliant! Slightly envious to be honest. I hope the moving goes smoothly for you and you're christening every surface in true SuperSlute form soon. x

That’s so happening! And I so need the excuse of throwing his shit out cos guess what, ITS TIME TO LEAVE

I got a place on first floor, so I will be able to do the throwing "

Chucking stuff out of a ground floor window doesn't have the same dramatic effect as from a first floor window. You want the clothes to drift into the middle of the road!

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

You can set your own rules. Good luck o/p.

By *ikingandSubCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Yes please!

I think you are right, it’s gonna be my little temple !! TEMPLE OF APHRODITE I meant, Kylie

W4 is fabulous. Lots of good bars and restaurants. High Road House - which is part of Soho House in there. A quick stroll to the river for summer evenings and not too far to Richmond or Ealing if you want to spread your wings. "

I love W4!!! I needed a change of scenery and I don’t particularly like East London … like it’s okay to go there but I wouldn’t live there.

Another place that I sort of was looking into was either Angel and Islington! But anyway, W4 has that cute vibe and lots to discover, especially in the summer. I think I made the right decision

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Just entering my 47th year of living alone, and the 40th year in my present home. Would not change it under any circumstances.

Must admit that have always had great neighbours come and go over the years and that helps a lot.

I got a place on first floor, so I will be able to do the throwing

Chucking stuff out of a ground floor window doesn't have the same dramatic effect as from a first floor window. You want the clothes to drift into the middle of the road!"

exactly, and me screaming like a mad woman for him to “FUCK OFF”

Like Cameron Diaz in The Holiday

If I start a podcast about fab experiences and sex, anyone wanna be a guest and share and have shit and giggles about it all?

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

Good for you !

I think it's one of the best and most liberating feelings in the world.

Best of luck. I have been living alone in London for 3 years.

Pros:

1) Bring over anyone anytime

2) Walk around naked all the time

3) Watch porn with loudspeakers on

4) Easy to keep your home as clean or as dirty as you want

5) You get amazing sleep as it's calm all the time

Cons:

1) It does get lonely at times. I try to come as late as possible after work

2) Cooking for a single person is just downright irritating. Everything from buying groceries in small quantities, making small portions is all painful. You can make large quantities is possible. But you end up eating same stuff for many days

3) More expensive

Happy to throw some tips if you need any

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

Lived on my own for 9 years now.

Annoying parts you have to do evertyhing yourself, wash up, tidy up make tea, cook, diy the lot.

Can be annoying when I want my furniture moved and I need to find someone to help .

Make sure you apply for the 25% single council tax discount, that is one perk of living alone!

But the good out weighs the bad, can walk about naked, watch what want to, things left where you put them, peace n quiet

I like is and tbh I'd struggle living with someone now

Good luck, happy to help you out

Ps read my pm

"Good for you !

I think it's one of the best and most liberating feelings in the world. "

Thanks M!!

I think it will feel so liberating to walk around with my boobies out , while eating cereal and not worry at all about it

"Lived on my own for 9 years now.

Annoying parts you have to do evertyhing yourself, wash up, tidy up make tea, cook, diy the lot.

Can be annoying when I want my furniture moved and I need to find someone to help .

Make sure you apply for the 25% single council tax discount, that is one perk of living alone!

But the good out weighs the bad, can walk about naked, watch what want to, things left where you put them, peace n quiet

I like is and tbh I'd struggle living with someone now "

Thanks for the tips!! Definitely will apply the 25% discount on the council tax!! Whoopieeee

And yes, I see the do everything by myself a problem, particularly man stuff, I am just useless and will need to call for help. But as mentioned above, I do have a man or two happy to help out

"Best of luck. I have been living alone in London for 3 years.

Pros:

1) Bring over anyone anytime

2) Walk around naked all the time

3) Watch porn with loudspeakers on

4) Easy to keep your home as clean or as dirty as you want

5) You get amazing sleep as it's calm all the time

Cons:

1) It does get lonely at times. I try to come as late as possible after work

2) Cooking for a single person is just downright irritating. Everything from buying groceries in small quantities, making small portions is all painful. You can make large quantities is possible. But you end up eating same stuff for many days

3) More expensive

Happy to throw some tips if you need any

"

I agree with the cons, the cooking, I’m gonna have to be ingenious but then again, I lived with people but always cooked for myself only a lot. So I guess there’s not gonna be a huge change there.

The loneliness part is the thing that sort of make me think… as even knowing someone is in the house, can be comforting, at times. But anyway ! Thanks again

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

You’ll be absolutely fine. Yes there are times when you may feel a little lonely but, having family and friends nearby is good. The positives totally outnumber the negatives.

It’s an exciting new adventure. Embrace it and enjoy it.

I’ll send over a JC as a housewarming gift.

"You’ll be absolutely fine. Yes there are times when you may feel a little lonely but, having family and friends nearby is good. The positives totally outnumber the negatives.

It’s an exciting new adventure. Embrace it and enjoy it.

I’ll send over a JC as a housewarming gift. "

Yes please!! I’m waiting for the Lego bonsai still xx

I think you are right, it’s gonna be my little temple !! TEMPLE OF APHRODITE I meant, Kylie "

It's a great area (right near my old stomping ground) shame it's so damn expensive.

I've never technically lived alone as always had little people with me but going from married to single, I definitely enjoyed my own space, making my own decisions and my home being exactly how I wanted it. It's a rather freeing experience. Good luck with the move and in your new home xx

It will be wonderful! I still remember my first place, it was magical living on my own. I'm sure you will absolutely love it!

"It will be wonderful! I still remember my first place, it was magical living on my own. I'm sure you will absolutely love it! "

Thank you!!!

And thanks everyone I’m getting so excited now x

Congratulations on your new home!

You’ll soon settle in and find it less daunting.

I absolutely loved living alone. If I felt at all lonely, I would visit friends but I could still then go back to my own space for peace and tranquillity. Then I had kids and bang went the peace and tranquillity or any form of privacy at all (I’m joking before anyone takes it to seriously… well kind of…)

Flat warming at Kylies

BYOB

Just say when

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I left home at 18 into my own rented place, and since then have shared my space with another adult for only 7 of those 32 years.

I think the biggest hurdle for most that are used to living with others is the silence, no one around to talk to. As a single child, it never bothered me and didn’t until 2020 and lockdown when forced not to interact with others. If you can get used to that you’ll be just fine and everything else cooking, diy and alike you’ll find your way.

I love the freedom of my own space to do as I please, when I wish and I’m sure you will too

Good luck with it all.

"Flat warming at Kylies

BYOB

Just say when "

YASSSSSSS!!!! Need Prosecco flowing

"I left home at 18 into my own rented place, and since then have shared my space with another adult for only 7 of those 32 years.

I think the biggest hurdle for most that are used to living with others is the silence, no one around to talk to. As a single child, it never bothered me and didn’t until 2020 and lockdown when forced not to interact with others. If you can get used to that you’ll be just fine and everything else cooking, diy and alike you’ll find your way.

I love the freedom of my own space to do as I please, when I wish and I’m sure you will too

Good luck with it all. "

Thanks so much!! Yes I think you got exactly my point and concern, the silence and being completely alone in the house. Which can be good, but I bet can be …not so good when in a sad mood.

But then I forget that I can always go see friends, or just have a walk into the hustle and bustle that is London so

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

Congrats Kylie... A new exciting chapter starts now...!

I've lived on my own on and off since uni back in the 1980's. Even when I bought my own place, I could never afford not to have lodgers and they have ranged from bring absolutely delightful, to teeth grittingly bad...

Over the years I've met some great guys who've become FwB, not sexually but they are professional plumbers or mechanics. Hang on to those friends and I love having them round for meals and they get handy in a good way!

As for feeling lonely, it's never really bothered me and less so since I listened to a BBC Sounds podcast by Laurie Taylor (Google: BBC Sounds Thinking Allowed Loneliness). He said the word "lonely" is actually quite a recent word/concept. In 17th century English, the word was "Oneness" which I think described my time alone. It allows me time to think, read, watch what I want on telly and do the things that make me, me.

Best wishes and lots of love for your new life adventures!

"Flat warming at Kylies

BYOB

Just say when

YASSSSSSS!!!! Need Prosecco flowing "

I only have 1987 vintage Babycham

The flat that I'm in now, I'll have been in it five years come June, isn't the best. It's been one thing after another and my landlady is a pain in the ass BUT I do like that it's only me living it and what I say goes. I can come and go as I please and not answer to anyone x

Well done! Its fabulous kylie chops.

I cant stand being alone, even when i lived in london i ended up renting my place out and getting a house share with others, in wales and Scotland i house shared aswell.

Now ive spent a while alone back in derbyshire and ultimately lead me to a breakdown so i surround myself with people be it family or friends, its just not somthing i cope well with

I’m finally living alone right now.

My ex moved out shortly before I turned 50 and I’ve been alone here for the last couple of years.

I’m very aware that the house is huge and there’s rooms I never go in except to dust them.

I can’t decide if I like it or not.

"Well done! Its fabulous kylie chops.

I cant stand being alone, even when i lived in london i ended up renting my place out and getting a house share with others, in wales and Scotland i house shared aswell.

Now ive spent a while alone back in derbyshire and ultimately lead me to a breakdown so i surround myself with people be it family or friends, its just not somthing i cope well with "

Im sorry to hear that Gats, I know some people prefer to have people around a lot, I must say that’s sort of my worry in the back of my head but let’s see how it goes!

Waiting for you so we can have our Charcuterie club night x (instead of a book club evening - get it? )

"I’m finally living alone right now.

My ex moved out shortly before I turned 50 and I’ve been alone here for the last couple of years.

I’m very aware that the house is huge and there’s rooms I never go in except to dust them.

I can’t decide if I like it or not. "

I find huge houses to be quite scary, like I’d be scared to have a big ass house with empty rooms, that’d give me a sense of being even more alone.

Luckily my place (size wise) is fit for a couple . Me and myself will do alright

Easy to clean too

Now ive spent a while alone back in derbyshire and ultimately lead me to a breakdown so i surround myself with people be it family or friends, its just not somthing i cope well with

Im sorry to hear that Gats, I know some people prefer to have people around a lot, I must say that’s sort of my worry in the back of my head but let’s see how it goes!

Waiting for you so we can have our Charcuterie club night x (instead of a book club evening - get it? )"

Ill be down the big smoke soon cake & tea?

"I’m finally living alone right now.

I can’t decide if I like it or not.

I find huge houses to be quite scary, like I’d be scared to have a big ass house with empty rooms, that’d give me a sense of being even more alone.

Luckily my place (size wise) is fit for a couple . Me and myself will do alright

Easy to clean too "

The first time I’ve ever been a bit scared was when I came home in the dark to find the door unlocked after the estate agent had done a viewing…

"So as It’s time that I finally got a place completely by myself, and have a one bed flat in West London (West London gaaaal whoop whoop) and I have mixed emotions of being excited but also apprehensive…

I’ve never lived completely alone as I always either lived with flat mates (I mean London kinda push you to live with others) or boyfriends…

Anyway, it’s all so exciting but also I’m scared of feeling lonely (god, I sound so sad)… not going to lie!

Just wanted to do a thread about your first time living completely alone, the perks and not perks of living by urself? X

I swear, I’m gonna be the crazy girl who’s gonna throw the boxers and jeans of guys out of my flat.

And if I wanna cry in the bathroom for hours, or have dirty sex every other night , or have my BFF for a weekend, I have to answer to nobody but me.

Wish me luck as packing is literally making me wanna rip every strand of hair out , one by one

"

Good Luck Mrs G!!

I hope it’s an amazing time for you….packing / unpacking is temporary just remember that….quicker it’s done the quicker it’s finished!!

I’ll happily attend any house warming parties you’re having also

Waiting for you so we can have our Charcuterie club night x (instead of a book club evening - get it? )

Ill be down the big smoke soon cake & tea? "

yes, sir!

good luck and it's okay to be on your own and is good if you can learn to appreciate it. You can also invite people round if you need to or go out if you need to as well if your feeling like you need the interaction.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

Love living alone but it does take a bit of time to get used to.

Hate having to empty the bins myself though

"So as It’s time that I finally got a place completely by myself, and have a one bed flat in West London (West London gaaaal whoop whoop) and I have mixed emotions of being excited but also apprehensive…

Good Luck Mrs G!!

I hope it’s an amazing time for you….packing / unpacking is temporary just remember that….quicker it’s done the quicker it’s finished!!

I’ll happily attend any house warming parties you’re having also "

Thanks!! Don’t forget to Bring Booze?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I left home at 18 into my own rented place, and since then have shared my space with another adult for only 7 of those 32 years.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks so much!! Yes I think you got exactly my point and concern, the silence and being completely alone in the house. Which can be good, but I bet can be …not so good when in a sad mood.

But then I forget that I can always go see friends, or just have a walk into the hustle and bustle that is London so "

For me, I throw on the music and dance like a loon, immerse myself in drawing, write the thoughts down and get them out of my head or lately get lost in an audio book or podcast or grab a camera and get outside and take photos.

It’s those down times you need to learn to manage, I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you indoors, but hopefully they will be infrequent. Failing that get yourself outside in glorious London and discover something new

Good Luck Mrs G!!

Thanks!! Don’t forget to Bring Booze? "

Your preference being??

Good Luck Mrs G!!

Your preference being??"

Prosecco and G&T. Tequilaaaaa at the end to kill us all of

Good Luck Mrs G!!

Your preference being??

Prosecco and G&T. Tequilaaaaa at the end to kill us all of "

Noted Mrs G - I’ll await the invite

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Good luck OP, it's a great feeling having a whole place to yourself.

BTW

When's the flat warming party??

"Good luck OP, it's a great feeling having a whole place to yourself.

BTW

When's the flat warming party??"

Faaaankkkkss!! I’ll send over party invitations haha!

I haven’t lived alone for over 15 years and really miss it sometimes. Good luck, and enjoy it!

OP I know exactly what you mean xx

I am living on my own as well, first time in…ever!! (moved to a new flat 3 months ago) Xx I am attached but I don’t live with S. I have always been either living at home, share house with friends or living with partner…

It is a odd but nice feeling x I went through all the emotions x worry - can I really afford it? Then excited - as finally got a place of my own; then lonely- as no one around but myself….

But as time goes by and all the support of my boyfriend, I am slowly but surely making my little flat my home x afterall, like you said, it is nothing nicer than able to do whatever you want whenever you want x

And I love the fact that I can buy furnitures/decor/choose colour scheme that I want and not needing another person opinions x

Good luck and enjoy your own place xx

J

Twickenham

"Good luck OP, it's a great feeling having a whole place to yourself.

BTW

When's the flat warming party??

Faaaankkkkss!! I’ll send over party invitations haha!"

My friends and I call W4 'Jizzwick' - looks like you are going to endorse that name!

"

Last year I did a test and invited a friend to stay the weekend and was horrified that I turned into a territorial tiger, luckily the friendship survived "

I was the other shoe early last year. My beautiful FWB moved to a new place and I moved in with her the same day while waiting for my place. Lasted 2 weeks. We are now closer and just friends as we really didn't want to lose the friendship. Still kiss like teenagers but won't go any further.

"

I can keep u company every so often if u get lonely just saying

By *cottieboy123Man  over a year ago

Perth

Lovely part of town, river near my, and all that Hammersmith van offer, you will love it! Enjoy your new place.

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Sounds like a new adventure for you. Good luck

I live on my own. Never going back house sharing!

"OP I know exactly what you mean xx

I am living on my own as well, first time in…ever!! (moved to a new flat 3 months ago) Xx I am attached but I don’t live with S. I have always been either living at home, share house with friends or living with partner…

It is a odd but nice feeling x I went through all the emotions x worry - can I really afford it? Then excited - as finally got a place of my own; then lonely- as no one around but myself….

But as time goes by and all the support of my boyfriend, I am slowly but surely making my little flat my home x afterall, like you said, it is nothing nicer than able to do whatever you want whenever you want x

And I love the fact that I can buy furnitures/decor/choose colour scheme that I want and not needing another person opinions x

Good luck and enjoy your own place xx

J"

Totes!!! I think I’m DEFINITELY excited to do whatever I want with the furniture and decor and make it totally my own !!!

Thanks lovely x

"I haven’t lived alone for over 15 years and really miss it sometimes. Good luck, and enjoy it! "

What do you miss about it? The peace and quiet?

» Add a new message to this topic