FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's for

What's for

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

dinner. It's nearly one o'clock and nobody asked what's for dinner yet. I am making fish pie today. Had lots of different fishy things in the freezer I took out yesterday so making use of all that. Served with broccoli spears, baby carrots and some mushrooms as they would go off otherwise. Little honey doughnuts with a bit of vanilla ice cream afterwards.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Only been up an hour not thought yet! X

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" broccoli spears, baby "
hit me one more time !

Yorkshire

" broccoli spears, baby hit me one more time !"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" broccoli spears, baby hit me one more time !"

Brilliant

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We don't eat dinner until about 7pm but we'll be having a gammon joint with braised red cabbage and apple, celery, carrots, an as yet undecided aubergine dish and possibly beetroot. I will be having cauliflower rice and Mr N will have mashed potato.

Chicken Sunday roast with all the trimmings - yum

When can we come for dinner

By *elinefineWoman  over a year ago

kempston

I’ve invited a friend over and have offered him the choice of lasagna, fajitas, a roast or a take away curry but he is yet to make a decision…. I am incapable of making a decision….

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’ve invited a friend over and have offered him the choice of lasagna, fajitas, a roast or a take away curry but he is yet to make a decision…. I am incapable of making a decision…. "

Just order the takeaway. Less washing up, no kitchen labour...what's not to like?

By *elinefineWoman  over a year ago

kempston

"I’ve invited a friend over and have offered him the choice of lasagna, fajitas, a roast or a take away curry but he is yet to make a decision…. I am incapable of making a decision….

Just order the takeaway. Less washing up, no kitchen labour...what's not to like? "

That’s kind of what I’m hoping he’ll say

Yorkshire

"We don't eat dinner until about 7pm but we'll be having a gammon joint with braised red cabbage and apple, celery, carrots, an as yet undecided aubergine dish and possibly beetroot. I will be having cauliflower rice and Mr N will have mashed potato."

Sounds lovely. Love aubergines, one of my favourite vegetable. A quick baked tomato and Mozzarella gratin or a stack of aubergine, tomato and Mozzarella also good. Sometimes just fried or baked and served with a bit of aioli or garlic dip is great. Enjoy.

Yorkshire

"Chicken Sunday roast with all the trimmings - yum "

Nothing beats a good roast and some good gravy

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We don't eat dinner until about 7pm but we'll be having a gammon joint with braised red cabbage and apple, celery, carrots, an as yet undecided aubergine dish and possibly beetroot. I will be having cauliflower rice and Mr N will have mashed potato.

Sounds lovely. Love aubergines, one of my favourite vegetable. A quick baked tomato and Mozzarella gratin or a stack of aubergine, tomato and Mozzarella also good. Sometimes just fried or baked and served with a bit of aioli or garlic dip is great. Enjoy. "

I'm thinking of oven cooking them with olive oil, salt, pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic.

Yorkshire

"We don't eat dinner until about 7pm but we'll be having a gammon joint with braised red cabbage and apple, celery, carrots, an as yet undecided aubergine dish and possibly beetroot. I will be having cauliflower rice and Mr N will have mashed potato.

Sounds lovely. Love aubergines, one of my favourite vegetable. A quick baked tomato and Mozzarella gratin or a stack of aubergine, tomato and Mozzarella also good. Sometimes just fried or baked and served with a bit of aioli or garlic dip is great. Enjoy.

I'm thinking of oven cooking them with olive oil, salt, pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic. "

good choice. Just for another time, aubergine dip is fantastic too- roasted aubergines, garlic, parsley, chopped red onion,lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper. Roughly mix, delish

I’m going to make a chilli con carne

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm thinking of oven cooking them with olive oil, salt, pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic.

good choice. Just for another time, aubergine dip is fantastic too- roasted aubergines, garlic, parsley, chopped red onion,lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper. Roughly mix, delish "

That does sound lovely. I grow aubergine with a varying success rate so that's a recipe to note

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

I’m making burritos

Yorkshire

"I’m making burritos "

Meaty or veggie. I do like a nice burrito, actually is not just the one of course

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

"I’m making burritos

Meaty or veggie. I do like a nice burrito, actually is not just the one of course "

meet and Mexican red rice , pico de gallo , and guacamole

Yorkshire

"dinner. It's nearly one o'clock and nobody asked what's for dinner yet. I am making fish pie today. Had lots of different fishy things in the freezer I took out yesterday so making use of all that. Served with broccoli spears, baby carrots and some mushrooms as they would go off otherwise. Little honey doughnuts with a bit of vanilla ice cream afterwards. "

Would you put peas in a fish pie? The recipe I follow says yes but have neen told not too as apparently most people will serve a fish pie with peas. What a conundrum! I think I might just sneak them in but what do you think?

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Hungarian goulash, mash potatoes and sauerkraut.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I've just had two beautifully seared bavettes with lots of salt with the all present mug of coffee with cream.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Chicken Sunday roast with all the trimmings - yum "
same here

Yorkshire

"Hungarian goulash, mash potatoes and sauerkraut. "

That's a good thought for next week, though not sure about sauerkraut, not had it for years but willing to resurrect and see how the palate reacts

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"dinner. It's nearly one o'clock and nobody asked what's for dinner yet. I am making fish pie today. Had lots of different fishy things in the freezer I took out yesterday so making use of all that. Served with broccoli spears, baby carrots and some mushrooms as they would go off otherwise. Little honey doughnuts with a bit of vanilla ice cream afterwards.

Would you put peas in a fish pie? The recipe I follow says yes but have neen told not too as apparently most people will serve a fish pie with peas. What a conundrum! I think I might just sneak them in but what do you think? "

Yes peas and chopped boiled egg x

Yorkshire

"dinner. It's nearly one o'clock and nobody asked what's for dinner yet. I am making fish pie today. Had lots of different fishy things in the freezer I took out yesterday so making use of all that. Served with broccoli spears, baby carrots and some mushrooms as they would go off otherwise. Little honey doughnuts with a bit of vanilla ice cream afterwards.

Would you put peas in a fish pie? The recipe I follow says yes but have neen told not too as apparently most people will serve a fish pie with peas. What a conundrum! I think I might just sneak them in but what do you think?

Yes peas and chopped boiled egg x"

Thank you, just as I did so very happy. Its actually just gone I the ones

Yorkshire

Yes peas and chopped boiled egg x"

Thank you, just as I did so very happy. Its actually just gone I the ones

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Im still trying to be healthy so today I've had cod in parsley sauce with boiled potatoes and steamed veg ...quite tasty really

A protein bar I was so naughty with food over the weekend.

Yorkshire

"A protein bar I was so naughty with food over the weekend."

It's still the weekend. Fish pie down out and then have some gorgeous sweet honey balls to look forward to (and no that's not a euphemism)

Yorkshire

Well the fish pie was a success, thanks for the advice re the peas. Now rather stuffed but still had room for a few honey doughnut balls. Still plenty left as made about fifty of them Anyone who has not had their dinner yet, bon appetit.

Pork roll today with all the trimmings, its rolled with stuffing like a swiss roll. I prepped it lastnight its in the oven as we speak while i have this bath

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We’re cheating & having pizza. Normally have a roast but swapping that to Wednesday

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Chicken roast dinner .. yummy

Yorkshire

"We’re cheating & having pizza. Normally have a roast but swapping that to Wednesday

"

Nothing wrong with that. Not good spending time cooking a big meal when you don't feel like it. Roast on Sunday is not compulsory . Enjoy

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I had cheesey beany peppery jacket spud

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"We’re cheating & having pizza. Normally have a roast but swapping that to Wednesday

Nothing wrong with that. Not good spending time cooking a big meal when you don't feel like it. Roast on Sunday is not compulsory . Enjoy"

My parents are having a new kitchen next week so I’m trying to be nice by feeding them

I've made a beef casserole, with root vegetables and red wine. It's stonking.

Yorkshire

"I've made a beef casserole, with root vegetables and red wine. It's stonking. "

Good for you. I like to booze up all my casseroles and other stuff like lasagne and such like with lots of red wine. As long as you let it evaporate it adds so much flavour

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Can someone come and cook for me please.

Yorkshire

"Can someone come and cook for me please. "

Can you not cook? Are you a bit lazy? Do you appreciate someone making a nice meal for you or are you a little brat ( sorry, could not resist that ). I find cooking a bit therapeutic. Anyway, maybe someone will offer, you don't know

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Can someone come and cook for me please.

Can you not cook? Are you a bit lazy? Do you appreciate someone making a nice meal for you or are you a little brat ( sorry, could not resist that ). I find cooking a bit therapeutic. Anyway, maybe someone will offer, you don't know "

Can cook just no inspiration or motivation today.

Kale soup and rice cakes. Another night of crying myself to sleep hungry.

Yorkshire

"Can someone come and cook for me please.

Can you not cook? Are you a bit lazy? Do you appreciate someone making a nice meal for you or are you a little brat ( sorry, could not resist that ). I find cooking a bit therapeutic. Anyway, maybe someone will offer, you don't know

Can cook just no inspiration or motivation today. "

Nothing wrong with that.

» Add a new message to this topic