FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Matrix Resurrection and Transgender

Matrix Resurrection and Transgender

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I watched the film last night and noticed it was written by Lana Wachowski. She was one of the brothers that came out out as Transgender years ago. On seeing it was written by only her and not the two of them I thought it explained why the film was so different. I googled and noticed lots of articles about how the films are about being transgender.

Did you know that? I didn't and was a little shocked but I now see it.

Have you seen the latest film and what did you think of it?

Did you get the transgender aspect running through the matrix?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I need to watch them again.

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

"So I watched the film last night and noticed it was written by Lana Wachowski. She was one of the brothers that came out out as Transgender years ago. On seeing it was written by only her and not the two of them I thought it explained why the film was so different. I googled and noticed lots of articles about how the films are about being transgender.

Did you know that? I didn't and was a little shocked but I now see it.

Have you seen the latest film and what did you think of it?

Did you get the transgender aspect running through the matrix? "

As a huge movie geek I did know about Lana as I always loved films the brothers made together. Since her coming out and change they fractured the working relationship.

I understand lanas work to explore trans world and bring more to forefront and she used to help her understand what was happening and what was going through.

As for impact on matrix no I didn’t feel her sexuality impacted it at all the only difference from original trilogy was it was more story driven about neo and the illusions the matrix still had over him and trinity to control the humans.

Love the film and visual is amazing

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yea I knew that. They both transitioned.

"As for impact on matrix no I didn’t feel her sexuality impacted it at all

"

The op didn't mention sexuality, he mentioned transgender. Transgender is not about sexuality it is about gender and identity.

"Yea I knew that. They both transitioned. "

I didn't know the other had until last night when I googled.

The op didn't mention sexuality, he mentioned transgender. Transgender is not about sexuality it is about gender and identity. "

That's true. Sorry I forgot to mention it was the female half posting.

"I need to watch them again. "

I think I might given the content of the articles I saw.

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

The op didn't mention sexuality, he mentioned transgender. Transgender is not about sexuality it is about gender and identity.

That's true. Sorry I forgot to mention it was the female half posting. "

Wasn’t meaning sexuality in way wrote it meant her leaning to trans views or roles if that made ssense

I didn't know about this. I had thought the closing credit mentioning Lana was a relative of the original writers.

Regardless, I can't say I saw the transgender issues in the film when I watched it. However, having had it pointed out, I can see how some of it could be interpreted that way.

Hello. I loved one, two and three. I think two and three are very underrated. For me I’ve appreciated them the more I have watched them.

I thought the fourth instalment was not very good except for Neo and Trinity had the best chemistry out of all the films. I like the politics of the film but I didn’t find the film anywhere near as good as the first three.

As someone who is trans, the first one was a bit of an eye opener! If you watch the first Matrix film through a trans lens, then a lot of things fall into place....heck, even the red or blue pill is a reference to Estrogen!

So yep, quite a trans allegory once you see it!

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

The first, amazing groundbreaking stuff. Second and third, eh.

The newest, as a movie it was... I'm not quite sure. Not good to say the least. It had promise, it just didn't build upon any of it. Honestly felt like a weird self aware comedy that just couldn't hit the mark, instead of the almost too complex mythos of the original concept.

As for the trans comparison, I can't comment on that. It's not something I would have known or picked up on without having been told. Nor for me personally does it add or take away from the movies.

» Add a new message to this topic