FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Creationism

Creationism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bbandflow OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Devon

Watched Andrew Maxwell's Conspiracy theory Road Trip, on BBC 3 last night..fascinating insight into Creationism, and for me scary!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure about Creationism but there looks to have been some divine intervention when you were created mmmmm

Scary? In what way?

"Not sure about Creationism but there looks to have been some divine intervention when you were created mmmmm"

I have just been sick in my mouth

South Devon

"Scary? In what way?"

Because a USA Gallup poll found that 40% of the population believe in Creationism. Religion and Politics are closely intertwined in the USA predominately at the far right of the political spectrum. Scary!

By *inkyScot22Man  over a year ago

Anniesland

"River Tam: ...Noah's ark is a problem.

Book: Really?

River Tam: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat.

*rips out page*"

Only a few of you will get this but those that do will really appreciate it

"Scary? In what way?

Because a USA Gallup poll found that 40% of the population believe in Creationism. Religion and Politics are closely intertwined in the USA predominately at the far right of the political spectrum. Scary!"

When I was in the states I spoke to a Creationist. He believe that dinosaurs were only a few thousand years old and roamed the world with Adam and Eve. That was scary.

By *inkyScot22Man  over a year ago

Anniesland

Like creationism? (by 'like', I don't actually mean like as in I like this music, I mean like as in the phenomenon is so bizarre you can't tear yourself away) you'll love the Westborow Baptist Church, if creationism is 'crazy lite', the WBC is 'high-octane insane', put into perspective, the woman is charge of this christian denomination is currently on the 'keep out of the uk' list that hate-preaching extremists are on...

South Devon

"River Tam: ...Noah's ark is a problem.

Book: Really?

River Tam: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat.

*rips out page*

Only a few of you will get this but those that do will really appreciate it "

You kinky 'Firefly' boy

I thought it was a really good program but i thought it was scary on how some people are so devoted as well because with 100% proven facts that proved them wrong.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

As the owner of a time machine I can safely debunk creationism. Only last week I was in the Plasticine Era collecting rare moss samples.

Life on Earth was actually created by Funky Monkey accidentaly dropping an egg and cress sandwich in the primordial ouze when he went back there a few billion years ago. All life evolved from that.

You gotta love those crazy guys!

Fossils are put there by God to tempt their faith. Fucking bat-shit crazy.

I imagine their still doing it, but there was a movement a few years ago to get only creationism taught in schools there, rather than or alongside evolution. I think someone tried to do that in some faith schools over here too.

Now that's scary.

I live the Creationists who believe that man existed along side dinosaurs. It's like they think the Flintstones was historical fact

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

"As the owner of a time machine I can safely debunk creationism. Only last week I was in the Plasticine Era collecting rare moss samples.

Life on Earth was actually created by Funky Monkey accidentaly dropping an egg and cress sandwich in the primordial ouze when he went back there a few billion years ago. All life evolved from that. "

you fixed it then. Good, now can you go back and get my mobile that you dropped in pompeii

South Devon

"As the owner of a time machine I can safely debunk creationism. Only last week I was in the Plasticine Era collecting rare moss samples.

Life on Earth was actually created by Funky Monkey accidentaly dropping an egg and cress sandwich in the primordial ouze when he went back there a few billion years ago. All life evolved from that. "

Not so fast young man!..Richard Dawkins and I believe the chicken came before the egg, and therefore it was probably a Tandoori chicken sandwich!

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"Watched Andrew Maxwell's Conspiracy theory Road Trip, on BBC 3 last night..fascinating insight into Creationism, and for me scary!

"

Watching the UFO one this week, ten minutes in and I'm already pissed off with the idiots.

Was just watching a clip of a Republican Representative explain on live TV why he didn't believe in evolution.

It is a little scary.

I'm not religious but I do believe something or someone created us!evolution is undoubtedly the best scientific answer to how we got here. But surely evolution can not happen without something or someone, somewhere.... Thinking?.....

As an Astronomer (we all need a hobby) I can definitely say we weren't created by a supreme being, more a collection of space crap hitting the earth and we just happened to be lucky.

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to them

Religion is for those who fear death and science and mathematics is the bullshit language man created to try to explain what mankind is never going to be intelligent enough to comprehend. But the battle is entertaining between the two.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"As an Astronomer (we all need a hobby) I can definitely say we weren't created by a supreme being, more a collection of space crap hitting the earth and we just happened to be lucky.

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to them"

strange most of the astronomers tend to stick to the big bang theory ie there was no earth just on big lump that split apart

I wish that one of them there space rovers would find a single cell life form on the planet zig zag and put paid to this creationism malarky. Its just people with a view which they are entitle to but is wrong and science can prove it.

I just wish that God and her followers would get real and smell the coffee and just concentrate on living life in peace and harmony and that the church of England would vote for women bishops because that is how silly god, religon and chirch really is.

I amoff to the female Labia discussion far more relevant in my opinion!

"As an Astronomer (we all need a hobby) I can definitely say we weren't created by a supreme being, more a collection of space crap hitting the earth and we just happened to be lucky.

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to themstrange most of the astronomers tend to stick to the big bang theory ie there was no earth just on big lump that split apart "

Big bang theory is the scientific equivalent of "in the beginning god created"

"I wish that one of them there space rovers would find a single cell life form on the planet zig zag and put paid to this creationism malarky. Its just people with a view which they are entitle to but is wrong and science can prove it.

I just wish that God and her followers would get real and smell the coffee and just concentrate on living life in peace and harmony and that the church of England would vote for women bishops because that is how silly god, religon and chirch really is.

I amoff to the female Labia discussion far more relevant in my opinion!"

Just one other thing Ebb and Flow your breasts are just Godess like!

So you now agree that God is a woman? Well that is a long known fact after all God created humans in her own image so women have to be the product of that creation. After all men are not as beautiful x

"So you now agree that God is a woman? Well that is a long known fact after all God created humans in her own image so women have to be the product of that creation. After all men are not as beautiful x I beg your pardon.....some men have an inner beauty that is hidden by the demands placed on him by society. God and her acolytes have a lot to answer for!

"

"So you now agree that God is a woman? Well that is a long known fact after all God created humans in her own image so women have to be the product of that creation. After all men are not as beautiful x

"

If god were a man he would never have put testicles outside the body. He would know how much it hurts to be kicked there. Only a woman would be so devious.

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to themstrange most of the astronomers tend to stick to the big bang theory ie there was no earth just on big lump that split apart

Big bang theory is the scientific equivalent of "in the beginning god created" "

and adam and eve dropped out of the sky and messed about with the forbidden fruit? Plusable I grant you!

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"Watched Andrew Maxwell's Conspiracy theory Road Trip, on BBC 3 last night..fascinating insight into Creationism, and for me scary!

"

I saw it a few weeks ago.

As someone with an advanced biology degree and an interest in religion and politics, this sort of thing is right up my street.

Funny thing is tho, I thought that creationists only really came from those few states in the US where people still marry their sisters - I never realised we had them over here, and certainly not young ones (you'd maybe expect a few crusty old nutters at worst)

I thought the single mum came out the best of the lot - when she was presented with the real evidence for the age of the earth and for evolution she was open minded enough to accept and understand it and found that it didn't really cause any major conflict with her christianity.

Plus she had a nice rack (which just goes to show I never switch off lol!)

That guy from Northern Ireland on the other hand was a nasty slimy piece of work - obviously someone with some rather unhealthily repressed issues with regards to men's bottoms and clearly someone who had gotten a little bit too used to having people around him that were too afraid to stand up to him - classic closet homo and bully if you ask me.

In the begining woman created god.............Genisis Ch1 V1

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to themstrange most of the astronomers tend to stick to the big bang theory ie there was no earth just on big lump that split apart

Big bang theory is the scientific equivalent of "in the beginning god created" and adam and eve dropped out of the sky and messed about with the forbidden fruit? Plusable I grant you!"

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside.

i agree only a woman could cause such pain and devastation to a man x After all God decreed that women should endure child labour and let's face it that will never compare to being kicked in the testicles xxx

"i agree only a woman could cause such pain and devastation to a man x After all God decreed that women should endure child labour and let's face it that will never compare to being kicked in the testicles xxx Excuse me......a kick in the gonads is usually spontaneous you ladies have new fangle inventions such as gas and air, emiduals and c sections.....its easy peasy these days!

"

Big bang theory is the scientific equivalent of "in the beginning god created" and adam and eve dropped out of the sky and messed about with the forbidden fruit? Plusable I grant you!

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside."

Interesting: Science can cure cancer Religon has rockets being fired over the border in the middle east. Money making ...yes very true.

"i agree only a woman could cause such pain and devastation to a man x After all God decreed that women should endure child labour and let's face it that will never compare to being kicked in the testicles xxx Excuse me......a kick in the gonads is usually spontaneous you ladies have new fangle inventions such as gas and air, emiduals and c sections.....its easy peasy these days!

"

*epidurals*

oh yes I agree it's a breeze the things drugs can do x So all the women out there who have endured the pain of child labour I'm sure you will support this view x after all it's like a walk in the park - a few puffs of gas and air and it's over x no sleepless nights not after pains just blissful motherhood

"

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside."

Both make money but only one is a scam.

you've already lived about 5 years longer than your natural lifespan thanks to science - and we're having this conversation thanks to it too.

The food you ate for dinner this evening was both nutritious and didn't give you the shits thanks to science.

seems a tad ungrateful, not to mention fantasically deluded, to call all that a scam

"oh yes I agree it's a breeze the things drugs can do x So all the women out there who have endured the pain of child labour I'm sure you will support this view x after all it's like a walk in the park - a few puffs of gas and air and it's over x no sleepless nights not after pains just blissful motherhood

"

There you agree! So debate closed!

"i agree only a woman could cause such pain and devastation to a man x After all God decreed that women should endure child labour and let's face it that will never compare to being kicked in the testicles xxx

"

I'm glad we've finally resolved that issue now can women quietly give birth without all the drama.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There is a creationist museum in Portsmouth near the dockyard. Got some fossils and stuff then the story of an acid ejecting ant, then it goes on to say 'this couldn't have evolved'....

"

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside.

you've already lived about 5 years longer than your natural lifespan thanks to science - and we're having this conversation thanks to it too.

The food you ate for dinner this evening was both nutritious and didn't give you the shits thanks to science.

seems a tad ungrateful, not to mention fantasically deluded, to call all that a scam"

deluded how?

"

seems a tad ungrateful, not to mention fantasically deluded, to call all that a scam deluded how? "

*atomic facepalm*

well if the post didn't make it clear enough, pick any item that is part of your modern lifestyle - then thank science for it - because - you have science to thank for it.

If you don't think you do, you're most likely wrong.

That isn't the hallmark of a scam

Brighton - even Hove!

A mixture of religion and science would be if I read a bible on a kindle.

"There is a creationist museum in Portsmouth near the dockyard. Got some fossils and stuff then the story of an acid ejecting ant, then it goes on to say 'this couldn't have evolved'.... "

and I thought I wasn't going to have much on this weekend - can you send me some more details on this place?

Brighton - even Hove!

"There is a creationist museum in Portsmouth near the dockyard. Got some fossils and stuff then the story of an acid ejecting ant, then it goes on to say 'this couldn't have evolved'....

and I thought I wasn't going to have much on this weekend - can you send me some more details on this place?"

Why? Are you some sort of masochistic? Oh, very well....have a look here http://www.genesisexpo.co.uk/

"

seems a tad ungrateful, not to mention fantasically deluded, to call all that a scam deluded how?

*atomic facepalm*

well if the post didn't make it clear enough, pick any item that is part of your modern lifestyle - then thank science for it - because - you have science to thank for it.

If you don't think you do, you're most likely wrong.

That isn't the hallmark of a scam"

we've lost more than we've gained we become less human and further removed from nature with every fad that comes along. The point I'm making is science is a tool we use to try understand what we can't. Religion is a tool we use to hide from what we don't understand. It doesn't matter either way your born you die and along the way people sell you shit that doesn't change the inevitable it just distracts you and keeps you from appreciating the world and everything else. Only people saved by science or religion have any appreciation for life.

Brighton - even Hove!

I can't agree with your last sentence.

"

Only people saved by science or religion have any appreciation for life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk

"I can't agree with your last sentence."

I only disagree with the bit about religion - follow the link in my last post - makes me well up every time I watch it

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm reglious yet believe in evolution and interpret the bible my way, as I'm under no illusion the church only wants you to believe what they think 'fits'. But OH is an atheist but believes man walked alongside dinosaurs! Go figure

I have personally found that Christians are the least Christian people I have met.

Did anyone hear Jeremy Vine the other day on the female bishop debate?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011jf4x

"I'm reglious yet believe in evolution and interpret the bible my way, "

For me that's one of the problems with Christianity - it's a pick-and-choose religion.

Read the bible (which I have done - from cover to cover - three times) and it advocates rape,torture, slavery, and capital punishment for the most trivial of offences.

But then on the other hand (and I'm not accusing you of doing this) christians will cherrypick certain verses and state that homosexuality is an abomination or that women can't be bishops.

But the real problem with christianity - it's ultimate evil - is the threat of infinite punishment for a finite crime.

Like it or not the central tenet of the christian faith is that if you do not accept Jesus as your personal saviour you will go to hell - bottom line.

Doesn't matter how you live your life, if you don't believe you burn.

any religion that values blind belief over your conduct as a human being is just fucking evil and manipulative

coatbridge

"I'm reglious yet believe in evolution and interpret the bible my way,

For me that's one of the problems with Christianity - it's a pick-and-choose religion.

Read the bible (which I have done - from cover to cover - three times) and it advocates rape,torture, slavery, and capital punishment for the most trivial of offences.

But then on the other hand (and I'm not accusing you of doing this) christians will cherrypick certain verses and state that homosexuality is an abomination or that women can't be bishops.

But the real problem with christianity - it's ultimate evil - is the threat of infinite punishment for a finite crime.

Like it or not the central tenet of the christian faith is that if you do not accept Jesus as your personal saviour you will go to hell - bottom line.

any religion that values blind belief over your conduct as a human being is just fucking evil and manipulative

"

the bible comes in many forms but in none of these forms does it advocate rape torture or slavery it may highlight that these things were happening as for homosexuality its the churches that deem these acts as wrong not the scriptures so in my view its the way that certain churches interpret the bible as opposed to how others view it

[Removed by poster at 24/11/12 01:10:59]

Here's the truth: Fundamentalists in whatever form (religious, scientific, aetheist etc etc) are pretty useless beings, in their intolerance. Those somewhere in the middle, who think and decide for themselves, whilst not bothering others have it sussed out - whatever their personal choice of beliefs... I'm sure that's something that all thinking, logical persons can agree on

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Here's the truth: Fundamentalists in whatever form (religious, scientific, aetheist etc etc) are pretty useless beings, in their intolerance. Those somewhere in the middle, who think and decide for themselves, whilst not bothering others have it sussed out - whatever their personal choice of beliefs... I'm sure that's something that all thinking, logical persons can agree on "

Intolerance should be celebrated at every opportunity.

Anyone with evidence, not just opinion, to the contrary can bring it forward any time they like.

Theyn won't.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Look no further,than the guy on the grassy knoll.

Catch him,and all will be revealed hmmmmmm.

"There is a creationist museum in Portsmouth near the dockyard. Got some fossils and stuff then the story of an acid ejecting ant, then it goes on to say 'this couldn't have evolved'....

and I thought I wasn't going to have much on this weekend - can you send me some more details on this place?

Why? Are you some sort of masochistic? Oh, very well....have a look here http://www.genesisexpo.co.uk/"

It's a registered charity.

A bloody registered charity!

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to themstrange most of the astronomers tend to stick to the big bang theory ie there was no earth just on big lump that split apart "

The Big Bang theory is just one theory though, it isn't the only one

In my view, the bible was written at a time to explain things that we didn't know then, times have changed, the bible hasn't.

You could argue: Adam and Eve, 2 sons who took themselves wives - where from? Dinosaurs? The fact the earth isn't 5000 years old. And so on...

"I'm reglious yet believe in evolution and interpret the bible my way, as I'm under no illusion the church only wants you to believe what they think 'fits'. But OH is an atheist but believes man walked alongside dinosaurs! Go figure "

Lol, only a few million years between the two

By the way... The Earth is flat too lol

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

the bible comes in many forms but in none of these forms does it advocate rape torture or slavery it may highlight that these things were happening as for homosexuality its the churches that deem these acts as wrong not the scriptures so in my view its the way that certain churches interpret the bible as opposed to how others view it "

Yes, also the many gospels left out of the bible! It is cherry picking by the church.

It really is each to their own. I would never slate anyone for taking it literally as I never try to preach my beliefs to non believers. It's a personal choice and if it helps you live your life in contentment I cannot see how it could be considered evil

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Ah creationists. Never let solid scientific proof get in the way of a good story.

the bible comes in many forms but in none of these forms does it advocate rape torture or slavery it may highlight that these things were happening as for homosexuality its the churches that deem these acts as wrong not the scriptures so in my view its the way that certain churches interpret the bible as opposed to how others view it

Yes, also the many gospels left out of the bible! It is cherry picking by the church.

It really is each to their own. I would never slate anyone for taking it literally as I never try to preach my beliefs to non believers. It's a personal choice and if it helps you live your life in contentment I cannot see how it could be considered evil "

It is evil if they teach impressionable children that it is scientific fact!! Brainwashing and propaganda.

the bible comes in many forms but in none of these forms does it advocate rape torture or slavery it may highlight that these things were happening as for homosexuality its the churches that deem these acts as wrong not the scriptures so in my view its the way that certain churches interpret the bible as opposed to how others view it "

The scriptures actually DO condemn homosexuality. The bible calls for men who 'lie with' other men to be stoned to death.

coatbridge

The scriptures actually DO condemn homosexuality. The bible calls for men who 'lie with' other men to be stoned to death."

many believe that this paragraph relates to the practice of male raping of slaves as i said its how we view these documents now perhaps not how they were actually written

At the end of the day they are all just theories, both creationism and evolutionism. There isn't enough solid evidence to prove either one completely.

The scriptures actually DO condemn homosexuality. The bible calls for men who 'lie with' other men to be stoned to death.many believe that this paragraph relates to the practice of male raping of slaves as i said its how we view these documents now perhaps not how they were actually written "

It's Leviticus 20:13

coatbridge

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination Leviticus 18:22

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Leviticus 20:13

In the twenty first century many Christians confuse modern homosexuality, a committed, faithful, noncultic same sex partnership, with the ancient world’s sexual abuse of slaves, pederasty, rape of foreigners and pagan fertility rites. None of those ancient practices are analogs to modern homosexuality

exerts taken from another site

my point in all this was its our interpretation of what is written or our blind faith in what the churches pedal out as truth i live my life by a christian saying do unto others as you would have done unto you serves me well

"

Intolerance should be celebrated at every opportunity.

"

Wow! Quite a statement! Surely wholly incorrect Surely 'intolerance of anything that directly affects other people negatively' is more correct Nazi-ism, fundamentalism (of whatever form) etc are intolerances. Should se 'celebrate' them Oh dear.....!lol

"

Some people have a need to explain things in a manner to strengthen their own views, often they struggle to fully believe but the need for belief is so strong with them they whole heartedly believe the doctrine no matter how strange it looks to others.

I think that the problem evidently IS 'fundamentalists - whether they are religious fundamentalist fascist types, or 'science' based fundamentalist fascist tpyes. You know? The ones who are absolutists! Evidently the truth lies somewhere in the middle - though the intolerant fascists at either end won't see this, due to intolerant, cultural blinkers. I've got a Masters' degree in a geomorphological and biological subject and have also undertaken 2 major studies in past years into palaentologico-biological processes. I'm also, by choice a chrisitan. I don't judge others for their beliefs - but recognise those intolerant as being generally pretty ill0informed.

I believe in God and that a Greater Power created the universe and Earth, but also believe in evolution. They are compatbile - but the fascists at both extremes can't accept this and seek to mock those with science of religious beliefs, by stating sole, straw grasping phrases from science journals or The Bible. The truth is (much that it hurts folks and here it comes NOBODY knows 100% for usre...ACCEPT iT! lol (Tricky, eh?!)Because I'm informed, read and presonally researched in 'both' in both, I've formed that opinion. Not because of what any Church told me or The Daily Mail/Nazi Times - but because I looked and found out what I thought was true for myself. That is science - and that is spirituality. The truth is evidently that no-one is fully correct - so best to let the extremeists at both end fight like pityful children and get on with at. That is the truth. P.S: OVer and out!

Some people have a need to explain things in a manner to strengthen their own views, often they struggle to fully believe but the need for belief is so strong with them they whole heartedly believe the doctrine no matter how strange it looks to others. "

"I believe in God and that a Greater Power created the universe and Earth, but also believe in evolution. They are compatbile "

Ahem.... How can they be 'compatible' when study of the Bible by many theological scholars calculates the World to be - at most - 6,000 years old, yet every scientific calculation using all methods available (soil layering/ erosion, carbon dating etc etc) puts the World at 'around' 14 Billion years old...? Just a small point...

South Devon

"I think that the problem evidently IS 'fundamentalists - whether they are religious fundamentalist fascist types, or 'science' based fundamentalist fascist tpyes. You know? The ones who are absolutists! Evidently the truth lies somewhere in the middle - though the intolerant fascists at either end won't see this, due to intolerant, cultural blinkers. I've got a Masters' degree in a geomorphological and biological subject and have also undertaken 2 major studies in past years into palaentologico-biological processes. I'm also, by choice a chrisitan. I don't judge others for their beliefs - but recognise those intolerant as being generally pretty ill0informed.

I believe in God and that a Greater Power created the universe and Earth, but also believe in evolution. They are compatbile - but the fascists at both extremes can't accept this and seek to mock those with science of religious beliefs, by stating sole, straw grasping phrases from science journals or The Bible. The truth is (much that it hurts folks and here it comes NOBODY knows 100% for usre...ACCEPT iT! lol (Tricky, eh?!)Because I'm informed, read and presonally researched in 'both' in both, I've formed that opinion. Not because of what any Church told me or The Daily Mail/Nazi Times - but because I looked and found out what I thought was true for myself. That is science - and that is spirituality. The truth is evidently that no-one is fully correct - so best to let the extremeists at both end fight like pityful children and get on with at. That is the truth. P.S: OVer and out! "

Science doesn't provide or claim truths, it simply provides models that attempt to provide evidence and explain the natural world until, or if, other models replace them

Religions however, claim they are the truth, based on faith alone. Spirituality is a totally separate, and personal experience that doesn't require a deity or scientific rigour

"Science doesn't provide or claim truths, it simply provides models that attempt to provide evidence and explain the natural world until, or if, other models replace them

Religions however, claim they are the truth, based on faith alone. Spirituality is a totally separate, and personal experience that doesn't require a deity or scientific rigour"

Brighton - even Hove!

So where does being Jedi come into it? "The force surrounds us and flows through us, it binds the universe together".

There is no point in trying to interpet the christian bible because it was written by many scholars years after the event and some parts have been kept back by the catholic Pope. Has no one watched 'the da Vinci code' ? Anyway, a billion Chinese don't believe in the bible.

Well I'm gonna go down the anthropic route..essentially based on quantum dynamics.The universe(s) may all just muddle into one perceivable plane.Some will refuse to accept anothers reality.

I refuse to accept the bible as anything other than a craftily produced book of do's and dont's while others will see it as a guiding light.

we dream of fantastical things, in some of these dreams they end up becoming a reality.Flying ships and cars would have been impossible to people a few centuries ago..just as are the possibilities of meeting or finding existence of life elsewhere in the universe.

Science is telling us(today)-some things are just plain impossible...but its not the first time its been wrong!

who is to say the bigbang isnt just a series of universes coming into existence with trace elements appearing in each?-or indeed a universe that just rebirths and of course...it means we have all been here somewhere along the way.

Once we have other sentient life forms that we can communicate with(either biological or technological)-perhaps we will learn there is more to life than science or religion tells us.

The Big Bang happened some 13.7 billion years ago according to science. The cloudy state lasted for 300ooo – 380ooo years, and was made from ionized gas (hydrogen and a little helium - they are opaque when ionized). Our sun and earth did not coalesce until nore than 9 billion years later - 4.57 billion years ago -

Brighton - even Hove!

"The Big Bang happened some 13.7 billion years ago according to science. The cloudy state lasted for 300ooo – 380ooo years, and was made from ionized gas (hydrogen and a little helium - they are opaque when ionized). Our sun and earth did not coalesce until nore than 9 billion years later - 4.57 billion years ago -"

Yes, I believe it was a Tuesday, a little past tea time.

"The Big Bang happened some 13.7 billion years ago according to science. The cloudy state lasted for 300ooo – 380ooo years, and was made from ionized gas (hydrogen and a little helium - they are opaque when ionized). Our sun and earth did not coalesce until nore than 9 billion years later - 4.57 billion years ago -

Yes, I believe it was a Tuesday, a little past tea time."

funny how things remind ya!

me ol mam still tells us how a someone on the moon was science fiction for them.

Brighton - even Hove!

It's because ive been in the big tits post and the milk and tea post got me thinking about afternoon tea.

"It's because ive been in the big tits post and the milk and tea post got me thinking about afternoon tea."

aye I think I'll put t't kettle on.

Brighton - even Hove!

"It's because ive been in the big tits post and the milk and tea post got me thinking about afternoon tea.

aye I think I'll put t't kettle on."

Ok folks! Move away from the computer! It's time for a tea break. All come back in 10 minutes......

Big bang theory is the scientific equivalent of "in the beginning god created" and adam and eve dropped out of the sky and messed about with the forbidden fruit? Plusable I grant you!

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside.Interesting: Science can cure cancer Religon has rockets being fired over the border in the middle east. Money making ...yes very true."

Science can't cure cancer and it is interesting that whilst documentary sources for the pre-industrial human society describe many illnesses and diseases which afflicted people in that era, such as diabetes (called 'honey water in Anglo-Saxon England), syphilis and other venereal diseases,brittle bone disease,polio, chicken pox, leprosy, cholera, TB, jaundice and malaria, they describe nothing resembling cancer.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Religion and science are the same thing money making scams. They're both interesting like the teddy grabber machines at the seaside.Interesting: Science can cure cancer Religon has rockets being fired over the border in the middle east. Money making ...yes very true.

Science can't cure cancer and it is interesting that whilst documentary sources for the pre-industrial human society describe many illnesses and diseases which afflicted people in that era, such as diabetes (called 'honey water in Anglo-Saxon England), syphilis and other venereal diseases,brittle bone disease,polio, chicken pox, leprosy, cholera, TB, jaundice and malaria, they describe nothing resembling cancer.

"

Are you saying that cancer is a relatively new disease or is it that cancer has become known as we tend to become older and are exposed to different environments?

"Well I'm gonna go down the anthropic route..essentially based on quantum dynamics.The universe(s) may all just muddle into one perceivable plane.Some will refuse to accept anothers reality.

I refuse to accept the bible as anything other than a craftily produced book of do's and dont's while others will see it as a guiding light.

we dream of fantastical things, in some of these dreams they end up becoming a reality.Flying ships and cars would have been impossible to people a few centuries ago..just as are the possibilities of meeting or finding existence of life elsewhere in the universe.

Science is telling us(today)-some things are just plain impossible...but its not the first time its been wrong!

who is to say the bigbang isnt just a series of universes coming into existence with trace elements appearing in each?-or indeed a universe that just rebirths and of course...it means we have all been here somewhere along the way.

Once we have other sentient life forms that we can communicate with(either biological or technological)-perhaps we will learn there is more to life than science or religion tells us.

"

Glasgow

"..........

Are you saying that cancer is a relatively new disease or is it that cancer has become known as we tend to become older and are exposed to different environments? "

The planet needs life threatening diseases to keep the population down. Even now we're not getting right.

We (the world) have a population we can't support. The fight for limited resources is before our eyes each and every day.

"The Big Bang happened some 13.7 billion years ago according to science. The cloudy state lasted for 300ooo – 380ooo years, and was made from ionized gas (hydrogen and a little helium - they are opaque when ionized). Our sun and earth did not coalesce until nore than 9 billion years later - 4.57 billion years ago -"
Still more than 6,000 years ago though, innit...

Glasgow

"The Big Bang happened some 13.7 billion years ago according to science. The cloudy state lasted for 300ooo – 380ooo years, and was made from ionized gas (hydrogen and a little helium - they are opaque when ionized). Our sun and earth did not coalesce until nore than 9 billion years later - 4.57 billion years ago -Still more than 6,000 years ago though, innit...

"

Don't confuse the 'believers' with facts. They really can't handle it.

I'm currently doing a degree in Astrophysics.

I have a creationist on my course, who, for his fantastic intelligence and education thus far, still a devout religious man.

If anyone wants a lesson, I'll happily talk to them"

Completely agree with you, I love astronomy myself (though Im still learning). It makes you realise that how insignificant our lives are within the universe, no wonder we don't have all the answers.

"Don't confuse the 'believers' with facts. They really can't handle it."

» Add a new message to this topic