FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Family favourite

Family favourite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

I was watching Pioneer woman (I don't usually, she makes me feel lazy) she was making the dough recipe passed down by her mom.

Got me to thinking what recipes or handy tricks have you passed down to your kids.

Is there a dish you're especially good at cooking?

My chicken and rice dish always goes down a treat and a few family members have asked for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I was watching Pioneer woman (I don't usually, she makes me feel lazy) she was making the dough recipe passed down by her mom.

Got me to thinking what recipes or handy tricks have you passed down to your kids.

My chicken and rice dish always goes down a treat and a few family members have asked for it

"

You have to give us the recipe now and put it on the 'Favourite recipe' thread. I put a few there and some others did too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I.wish I had my grandfathers Christmas cake recipe

It was made in January and stored. Turned every fortnight and had a tablespoon of brandy poured over it then resealed.

1 slice of it and you were over the drink drive limit

B38

"I was watching Pioneer woman (I don't usually, she makes me feel lazy) she was making the dough recipe passed down by her mom.

You have to give us the recipe now and put it on the 'Favourite recipe' thread. I put a few there and some others did too. "

Oh I didn't know there was one

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I doubt any of my recipes will be remembered by my kids but I do remember our daughter saying the meat in a stew looked a bit sparse and she thought "what would mum do, I know, pad it out with vegetables"

B38

"I.wish I had my grandfathers Christmas cake recipe

It was made in January and stored. Turned every fortnight and had a tablespoon of brandy poured over it then resealed.

1 slice of it and you were over the drink drive limit "

Didn't know you had to turn Christmas cake.

Your grandads cake sounds really good!

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

You have to give us the recipe now and put it on the 'Favourite recipe' thread. I put a few there and some others did too.

Oh I didn't know there was one "

Will bring it up in a mo.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I love Ree Drummond!!

B38

"I doubt any of my recipes will be remembered by my kids but I do remember our daughter saying the meat in a stew looked a bit sparse and she thought "what would mum do, I know, pad it out with vegetables" "

That's what I'd do too

B38

[Removed by poster at 22/01/22 10:50:32]

B38

"I love Ree Drummond!!"

I'd love her kitchen

"I doubt any of my recipes will be remembered by my kids but I do remember our daughter saying the meat in a stew looked a bit sparse and she thought "what would mum do, I know, pad it out with vegetables" "

I love this!

By *cunnylassCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I've done my best to forget my mother's cooking.It was dire...

Mike

"I doubt any of my recipes will be remembered by my kids but I do remember our daughter saying the meat in a stew looked a bit sparse and she thought "what would mum do, I know, pad it out with vegetables"

That's what I'd do too "

Pity sake! If yous are gonna skimp on the basic ingredient...just don't bother!!

'ave soup instead!

» Add a new message to this topic