FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do women enjoyed being looked at in public

Do women enjoyed being looked at in public

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornybrummy OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

I’ve always wondered wether women actually enjoy being looked at seductively out in public by strangers. Whenever I see a woman I find hot, and know I have eye contact I always look at them from the legs up, while producing a big smile whilst making eye contact.

This is such a turn on for me, just wondered if the majority of women thought the same too?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Prepare to get bonked round the head by a load of handbags.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Unless I have a fanny flutter at the mere vision of the person standing before me.... it makes me wanna poke them in their creepoid eyes, followed by dropping the nut and reducing them to a crying heap on the floor before informing them it can be intimidating and make ya feel dirty when you're being letched over.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Looked at and leered at are 2 very different things and could be either depending on wether she likes the look of the guy doing it or not

Chances are, I’d find you creepy!

By *rivextrMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am guessing unless a very shy, conservative type why wouldn’t anyone enjoy being looked at? Is it not normal to be desirable… ?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’ve always wondered wether women actually enjoy being looked at seductively out in public by strangers. Whenever I see a woman I find hot, and know I have eye contact I always look at them from the legs up, while producing a big smile whilst making eye contact.

This is such a turn on for me, just wondered if the majority of women thought the same too? "

No I don't enjoy that kind of being looked at. It's quite creepy in my opinion like you're appraising cattle.

We met a couple once for dinner, the guy actually held me at arms length and looked me up and down. I decided in that moment that things would go no further.

Be discreet.

For some reason when I picture this it’s creepy as fuck.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I am guessing unless a very shy, conservative type why wouldn’t anyone enjoy being looked at? Is it not normal to be desirable… ? "

looked at or appraised?

By *astshagMan  over a year ago

Bexhill

Do you say “get your tits out” as well? In the hope that said beautiful girl will get her tits out? Christ on a bike!

It depends if they are attracted to the person doing the looking.

One is called ‘flirting’

The other is called ‘creeping me out’.

Such double standards!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It depends if they are attracted to the person doing the looking.

One is called ‘flirting’

Such double standards! "

being looked up and down isn't nice however attractive the man is

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

One is called ‘flirting’

Such double standards! "

I'm sure if I flashed you your reaction would be quite different to if someone you fancied did it!

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

Looking at someone on the street seductively in my head is just weird if I saw someone doing that I'd just think what's that weirdo up to.

If i'm having a good hair and makep day and wearing a rather flouncy outfit it would give me a nice confidence boost. I've always been the girl that gets overlooked so for me I would take it as a compliment

*don't gang up on me ladies please*

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Chances are, I’d find you creepy!"

Agreed

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

How do you like it OP when a man looks at you ‘seductively’?

Glasgow

Appraised is derogatory, creepy, rude! no I mean being looked at is good no.

One is called ‘flirting’

Such double standards!

I'm sure if I flashed you your reaction would be quite different to if someone you fancied did it! "

I am honestly flattered by any positive attention by whoever. It’s like the Universe is smiling at me. I say “thank you I’m flattered”.

Manchester (she/her)

"Appraised is derogatory, creepy, rude! no I mean being looked at is good no. "

Most of the time I just want to get on with my day. When I'm grabbing lunch or going to Boots to get something for that splitting headache, I don't care if someone finds me attractive or not, I just want lunch/painkillers.

Manchester (she/her)

"If i'm having a good hair and makep day and wearing a rather flouncy outfit it would give me a nice confidence boost. I've always been the girl that gets overlooked so for me I would take it as a compliment

*don't gang up on me ladies please*"

To each their own. No judgement

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm more than happy for people to look at me when I'm out. I make an effort every time I leave the house, I like to know that even at my advanced age I'm not invisible and I'm human I enjoy discreet attention. What I don't like is the long, slow looking up and down that some guys do, I actually find it humiliating unless its in a private situation when I'm dressed a certain way.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Much like a ducks opinion of me is based on whether or not I have bread

I imagine this is based very much on whether you fancy the person or not

shits creek

"I'm more than happy for people to look at me when I'm out. I make an effort every time I leave the house, I like to know that even at my advanced age I'm not invisible and I'm human I enjoy discreet attention. What I don't like is the long, slow looking up and down that some guys do, I actually find it humiliating unless its in a private situation when I'm dressed a certain way. "

They might as well lick their lips and add "mmmmmmm"

Sorry but I'd just find that creeepy, unless it was just a pleasant look and smile x

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

It really does depend how it's done.

A very brief and discreet glance is flattering, especially when accompanied by a slightly raised eyebrow or small smile.

Being ogled or leered at is creepy and gives me the ick.

For the record, what you described in the OP would definitely fall into the latter category for me.

No I don't want more than a glance or two from any man whilst I'm in public. I certainly don't want to be appraised from head to toe. I don't find it flattering. It's just annoying and sometimes creepy.

Glasgow

Fair enough…

and fully agree a rude stare , visually undressing ain’t right.

Sometimes (quite often) you see folk who just let themselves go, don’t put in any effort. I think that too is rather rude to the general public.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

My wife doesn't notice!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm more than happy for people to look at me when I'm out. I make an effort every time I leave the house, I like to know that even at my advanced age I'm not invisible and I'm human I enjoy discreet attention. What I don't like is the long, slow looking up and down that some guys do, I actually find it humiliating unless its in a private situation when I'm dressed a certain way.

They might as well lick their lips and add "mmmmmmm" "

some of them flaming do! Not so much now because I'm quite scary with wrinkles but sigh, so many men just don't get the difference between appreciation and appraisal.

Manchester (she/her)

"Fair enough…

Sometimes (quite often) you see folk who just let themselves go, don’t put in any effort. I think that too is rather rude to the general public. "

I think people are entitled to exist without being ornaments for random strangers.

shits creek

"No I don't want more than a glance or two from any man whilst I'm in public. I certainly don't want to be appraised from head to toe. I don't find it flattering. It's just annoying and sometimes creepy. "

I'm thinking "Yo, Buffalo Bill stop sizing me up or I'll have to go all Clarice on your arse"

"Fair enough…

Sometimes (quite often) you see folk who just let themselves go, don’t put in any effort. I think that too is rather rude to the general public. "

Oh for goodness sake...have a word with yourself

Home

I go walking every night where a lot of women walk. I send most of my 8k looking at the ground because I don't want to make any of the ladies feel uncomfortable. So looking at someone seductively is more than likely making that person feel uncomfortable.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm more than happy for people to look at me when I'm out. I make an effort every time I leave the house, I like to know that even at my advanced age I'm not invisible and I'm human I enjoy discreet attention. What I don't like is the long, slow looking up and down that some guys do, I actually find it humiliating unless its in a private situation when I'm dressed a certain way.

some of them flaming do! Not so much now because I'm quite scary with wrinkles but sigh, so many men just don't get the difference between appreciation and appraisal."

I rarely get the mmm, but I do get people stopping me in the street to inform me of my eye colour. Really? I had no idea. That's a startling revelation and far more important than whatever I was doing

"I’ve always wondered wether women actually enjoy being looked at seductively out in public by strangers. Whenever I see a woman I find hot, and know I have eye contact I always look at them from the legs up, while producing a big smile whilst making eye contact.

This is such a turn on for me, just wondered if the majority of women thought the same too? "

Each to their own but this is a bit odd.

"Fair enough…

Why should people put in effort just to be in public? How is that rude to anyone?

some of them flaming do! Not so much now because I'm quite scary with wrinkles but sigh, so many men just don't get the difference between appreciation and appraisal.

I rarely get the mmm, but I do get people stopping me in the street to inform me of my eye colour. Really? I had no idea. That's a startling revelation and far more important than whatever I was doing"

shits creek

"Fair enough…

Only if they're being nosey enough to look. Bet no fucker bothers to ask them if they're OK tho.

I let myself go when I had a breakdown. Funny that. I knew I looked like I hadn't made any effort. I didn't make any effort, I had none left to give because at that time it would take every ounce of energy and effort simply to get out the front door.

I would walk to the shop with my headphones in paranoid that people were judging me/laughing at me/ridiculing me for looking such a mess. The headphones were my noise barrier, a layer of protection. Music up full blast and pray I didn't make eye contact with anyone.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I rarely get the mmm, but I do get people stopping me in the street to inform me of my eye colour. Really? I had no idea. That's a startling revelation and far more important than whatever I was doing"

"Fair enough…

That's hilarious!! How rude

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

No good sorry. Be careful you dont come accross as creepy.

Unless I'm decked out in the full riot gear and about to play hide the sausage, that kinda look is a tad creepy OP. Especially when I'm wandering round ASDA trying to find the gluten free stuff.

Eye contact held for a second or two longer than you normally would is enough to register interest. Then you can look at our arse once we've passed you.

?

"Fair enough…

Wow!

I take it from your comment that we can safely assume that you look your very best every single time that you set foot outside your front door. Even if you're just going to put the bins out. Wouldn't want to be rude to your neighbours by forcing them to see you in a less than perfect state. Imagine how much eye bleach they'll have to use if they see you when you've got your comfy house clothes on

"I go walking every night where a lot of women walk. I send most of my 8k looking at the ground because I don't want to make any of the ladies feel uncomfortable. So looking at someone seductively is more than likely making that person feel uncomfortable. "

Is it really necessary to look at the ground? When I’m out walking I tend to look straight ahead and as I pass by someone going in the opposite direction I will look them in the eyes, smile and say hello or good morning or something similar....whether it’s a male or female. Am I doing wrong by doing that? Genuine question....

"Do you say “get your tits out” as well? In the hope that said beautiful girl will get her tits out? Christ on a bike!"

w

"I go walking every night where a lot of women walk. I send most of my 8k looking at the ground because I don't want to make any of the ladies feel uncomfortable. So looking at someone seductively is more than likely making that person feel uncomfortable.

Is it really necessary to look at the ground? When I’m out walking I tend to look straight ahead and as I pass by someone going in the opposite direction I will look them in the eyes, smile and say hello or good morning or something similar....whether it’s a male or female. Am I doing wrong by doing that? Genuine question...."

You could be unintentionally threatening someone

You are advised to cross the road if it’s a female nowadays to avoid making them feel uncomfortable

"I go walking every night where a lot of women walk. I send most of my 8k looking at the ground because I don't want to make any of the ladies feel uncomfortable. So looking at someone seductively is more than likely making that person feel uncomfortable.

Is it really necessary to look at the ground? When I’m out walking I tend to look straight ahead and as I pass by someone going in the opposite direction I will look them in the eyes, smile and say hello or good morning or something similar....whether it’s a male or female. Am I doing wrong by doing that? Genuine question...."

No, you're not doing something wrong

Home

"Fair enough…

When I'm cutting my lawn and if a run out of petrol I'll go to the petrol station in old track bottoms old t shirt and wellingtons and i couldn't give 2 fs what people think of me. Only very shallow people judge people on how they look and dress.

Is it really necessary to look at the ground? When I’m out walking I tend to look straight ahead and as I pass by someone going in the opposite direction I will look them in the eyes, smile and say hello or good morning or something similar....whether it’s a male or female. Am I doing wrong by doing that? Genuine question....

You are advised to cross the road if it’s a female nowadays to avoid making them feel uncomfortable "

What if it’s a country lane, or a busy road that’s difficult to cross?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

No, you're not doing something wrong "

No. It's much more disarming to say hello than to stare at the floor when passing someone.

w

You are advised to cross the road if it’s a female nowadays to avoid making them feel uncomfortable

What if it’s a country lane, or a busy road that’s difficult to cross?"

Straight to jail

Seriously though, I dunno. That’s what’s just been asked of us now. Try to avoid making women feel uncomfortable on streets by crossing if you can

I don't care about being looked at in public.

Is the guy staring enough to make me uncomfortable then I care.

Bham

"Do you say “get your tits out” as well? In the hope that said beautiful girl will get her tits out? Christ on a bike!

"

Does that actually work?

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

That creeps me out... :/

[Removed by poster at 21/01/22 23:26:57]

By *andc1972Couple  over a year ago

Northants

This has really poked a few bears hasn’t it ! My initial reaction is if eye contact has been made and held then you’re possibly already making a connection, to then be smiled at whilst appreciated isn’t a bad thing, and should be welcomed as you’ve clearly made an impression on someone for all the right reasons

Your description is creepy. No, I do not enjoy being looked at like that.

By *heonix_flamesWoman  over a year ago

Midlands

"It really does depend how it's done.

A very brief and discreet glance is flattering, especially when accompanied by a slightly raised eyebrow or small smile.

For the record, what you described in the OP would definitely fall into the latter category for me. "

This, exactly.

?

Honestly? I'd be more wary of the bloke staring at the floor. If I encounter men when I'm in unpopulated areas alone I want to be able to see their eyes and read their expression and body language. So no, in my opinion you're not doing anything wrong.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

no you're not.

Straight to jail

Seriously though, I dunno. That’s what’s just been asked of us now. Try to avoid making women feel uncomfortable on streets by crossing if you can "

I know what you mean though and I think it’s sad how intimidated women feel by men when walking past them, sometimes I feel like shouting out ‘I’m not going to hurt you’ as they’re approaching me to put them at ease but I think that would have the opposite effect and make me look a bit crazy haha. The only way women will feel more comfortable is if men stop randomly attacking women in the street...

Being looked at and being peeved on are two different things.

When you've had to tolerate that kind of unwelcome attention for the majority of your life, you'd understand how it sometimes feels

I meant perved on

By *heonix_flamesWoman  over a year ago

Midlands

"Fair enough…

Sometimes (quite often) you see folk who just let themselves go, don’t put in any effort. I think that too is rather rude to the general public.

I think people are entitled to exist without being ornaments for random strangers."

"This has really poked a few bears hasn’t it ! My initial reaction is if eye contact has been made and held then you’re possibly already making a connection, to then be smiled at whilst appreciated isn’t a bad thing, and should be welcomed as you’ve clearly made an impression on someone for all the right reasons"

"Should be welcomed" - no. Just because a guy likes the look of me? Sod that.

Home

we all go in the one direction so we cant crash but at the moment in ireland after what happened last week its just easier. Headphones on and belt away

Manchester (she/her)

"This has really poked a few bears hasn’t it ! My initial reaction is if eye contact has been made and held then you’re possibly already making a connection, to then be smiled at whilst appreciated isn’t a bad thing, and should be welcomed as you’ve clearly made an impression on someone for all the right reasons"

Right for who? I exist for myself

"Fair enough…

Excuse me for not dressing up to do school run or pop to the shops There are more important things to do sometimes than to worry about if a stranger thinks I should of brushed my hair.

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

A glance is grand, but what is being described would have me looking for the safest exit.

Bham

The description of looking someone up with a fixed smile sounds like a meme or gif or something. It does sound creepy.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"This has really poked a few bears hasn’t it ! My initial reaction is if eye contact has been made and held then you’re possibly already making a connection, to then be smiled at whilst appreciated isn’t a bad thing, and should be welcomed as you’ve clearly made an impression on someone for all the right reasons

Right for who? I exist for myself"

I exist, therefore I am. Or something profound...

Anyway. No staring thank you, I'm British*

*Depending on your definition I might be not entirely actually British...

Just out of interest OP, if you were in a relationship and a man did this to your girlfriend (not while you’re stood next to her but when you’re close enough to see him do it) how would you feel? Or, if you have a sister, how would you feel if a man looked at your sister like this?

Personally I find it difficult to distinguish between "he is looking at me because he likes me" and "he is looking at me because he has clocked me and hates trans people and secretly wants to murder me", and honestly I would rather get neither and be invisible. (I can take it a lot better these days since I'm much more secure in myself, but it's still not pleasant)

By *risxbrisxMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Sounds creepy af tbh

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"How do you like it OP when a man looks at you ‘seductively’? "

This... if you're straight... how would you feel if a member of same sex looked at you in exactly the way you were describing?

Also OP, it sounds as though you’ve never had a close relationship with a woman, either as a friend or a girlfriend, if you have to ask this because if you had you wouldn’t need to ask. I’ve never known any of my female friends or girlfriends say that they like it when a stranger looks at them seductively in the manner you’ve described, in fact I’ve probably heard all of them at least once complaining when it has happened to them.

By *issYeuxBleusWoman  over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

OP, as you’ve said you’ve done it, I’m interested to know what the reactions have been from the women? Do you think it turned them on as much as it turned you on? Just curious…

birmingham

Last time I checked I’m sure I asked women for answers?

birmingham

??

"Last time I checked I’m sure I asked women for answers? "

It’s the forum.

Doesn’t matter who you ask.

General consensus though… it’s creepy as fuck.

The eye contact is fine, the rest is cheesey and creepy as fuck.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

You are asking in an open forum, everyone has the right to post

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Furtive glances when I know I'm looking good and attracting attention, make me smile.

Natural eye contact and interactions are good any time.

Staring, obviously scanning me, mentally undressing me, having pervy thoughts like I'm a piece of meat... that's all creepy - DON'T DO IT.

C

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Nope, alarm bells would be ringing and I’d be finding my escape route quickly. It’s creepy and quite unnerving. If someone liked me, I’d want them to tell me not look me up and down

By *it-chrissyTV/TS  over a year ago

sw. london

" Then you can look at our arse once we've passed you."

this.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Don't mind being looked at as long as they don't follow me.

"Personally I find it difficult to distinguish between "he is looking at me because he likes me" and "he is looking at me because he has clocked me and hates trans people and secretly wants to murder me", and honestly I would rather get neither and be invisible. (I can take it a lot better these days since I'm much more secure in myself, but it's still not pleasant)"

No, just no.

"It really does depend how it's done.

For the record, what you described in the OP would definitely fall into the latter category for me. "

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Original post has strong sex offender energy.

Are you going to acknowledge the women who gave answers?

Eye contact is fine, as long as it doesn’t look predatory!

Also be discreet… whatever you do for Christ sake (unless you are super fit then concessions are made )

Few weeks ago I was at a bar, and this guy kept looking over at me, glancing and staring… and I could hear him speak to his friends saying how he was starstruck by me, and wondering why he’s never seen me around, and whether he should come talk to me.

Like literally… be discreet (ps: I didn’t fancy him so it’d have been a no anyway)

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Have the answers made you think about how your behaviour effects women?

Straight to jail

Seriously though, I dunno. That’s what’s just been asked of us now. Try to avoid making women feel uncomfortable on streets by crossing if you can

I know what you mean though and I think it’s sad how intimidated women feel by men when walking past them, sometimes I feel like shouting out ‘I’m not going to hurt you’ as they’re approaching me to put them at ease but I think that would have the opposite effect and make me look a bit crazy haha.

***The only way women will feel more comfortable is if men stop randomly attacking women in the street...***"

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’ve not read anything up there ^^ but I’ll take a wild stab at saying the OP has been hung drawn and quartered with this post.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fleeting glances, with a smile are fine but anything else is likely staring or glaring. Most people are not compatible with most other people, so assuming that others automatically enjoy excessive attention from someone is unrealistic. Be aware that many of us have previously experienced inappropriate attention from men, including assaults, so some people may feel afraid.

By *panddaCouple  over a year ago

West Mids

"I’ve not read anything up there ^^ but I’ll take a wild stab at saying the OP has been hung drawn and quartered with this post. "

Thing is, maybe the others are right and the OP is thinking with his penis and not his brain.

Sad really.

"I’ve not read anything up there ^^ but I’ll take a wild stab at saying the OP has been hung drawn and quartered with this post. "

In a nutshell, he wasn’t happy with the mens answers.

The women answered the same as the men.

He’s not been back.

Possibly creeping people out in the streets currently.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 22/01/22 23:25:11]

As a man, I find this such a bizarre question

Sure I see people out & about that I think are attractive, but it's just a casual glance as we go about our business

It's like in the mind & outta the mine in 2/3 seconds

You make it sounds like the objectification of strangers, which is just kinda odd behaviour

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Straight to jail

Seriously though, I dunno. That’s what’s just been asked of us now. Try to avoid making women feel uncomfortable on streets by crossing if you can "

Probably because of guys like the OP who make women uncomfortable and vulnerable as they leer at them as they go about their daily lives. I can't understand why some men can't pass a woman without being a creepy fucker.

For the record I don't get easily intimidated and quite readily and very loudly ask what's your fucking problem. Surprisingly the creepy guy suddenly becomes very sheepish.

Call it out ladies it's probably the most interaction they will have had from a woman.

Yes OP I think it's creepy as fuck. Grow up and think with you big head instead of your shrivelled up wee one!!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

No, it's creepy.

By *aucycouple85Couple  over a year ago

Coalville

Yeah I do!!

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

OP I had to read your statement more than once just to make sure I was actually seeing those words.

Is it any wonder why women feel unsafe when they are out and about.

I really do despair.

"Furtive glances when I know I'm looking good and attracting attention, make me smile.

Natural eye contact and interactions are good any time.

Staring, obviously scanning me, mentally undressing me, having pervy thoughts like I'm a piece of meat... that's all creepy - DON'T DO IT.

C"

Agree with this

» Add a new message to this topic