FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I need a 'get a fucking grip' slap.

I need a 'get a fucking grip' slap.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

I read one bloody text and now I'm grumpy and angry with myself.

I've known a really lovely man for many years now and we have mutual friends so our paths cross.

I fell for him years ago (he's loved up) and every time I think I'm fine, I realise I'm not and for some reason today's innocent and innocuous message has made me rage with myself...again!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Ummm...hugs?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ummm...hugs?"

Yep im with this guy hugs?

A cuppa and a nice bit of cake should help I dose me

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

It's a shit feeling, I've been there too

Hope you're ok x

It's a horrible feeling to have. You think your ok with it and have come to terms with it then a message or an old memory opens the floodgates again.

It's near impossible to shake it off indefinitely.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

aw bless ya

sending hugs x

Aww, don’t be too hard on yourself. We’re all just human.

X

[Removed by poster at 21/01/22 16:46:53]

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Time to let him go.

London

"It's a shit feeling, I've been there too

Hope you're ok x "

Shit, isn't it.

I'm ok really, just bloody mad at myself!

I'm glad I'm not at work, someone would have incurred my wrath and I'd be in tears.

London

"Time to let him go.

"

You don't say!

London

"It's a horrible feeling to have. You think your ok with it and have come to terms with it then a message or an old memory opens the floodgates again.

It's near impossible to shake it off indefinitely. "

Noooooo!!!!! It needs to go, it's blocking me.

London

"A cuppa and a nice bit of cake should help I dose me "

Coffee and a steak would be better.

Group hugs then. Sorted.

Recognition is half the battle. Stay strong

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Op were only human

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

Let it go, LET IT GO

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, LET IT GO

Turn away and slam the door

London

"Let it go, LET IT GO

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, LET IT GO

Turn away and slam the door"

I'M TRYING!!

I poodle along with my little life with not one thought about him then...BAM!!!!!!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Hugs topsy xx

By *herry-blossomWoman  over a year ago

Stafford

"Time to let him go.

"

This! But also don't be hard on yourself. Catch flights not feels girl

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Yep, fallen for my best friend and unrequited love was painful.

Started the long journey to get over her but she's had a bad break up and is leaning on me for support. It's hard.

I think the best advice I can give you is to focus your attention on someone else. While you are sat there thinking of them constantly you've nothing else to focus on.

Might be why I've come back on here actually now I think of it.....

I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would give you the support you need.

All the best

London

Y'all need to stop hugging me!

It's lovely but need shaking by the shoulders a la Airplane. Queue up everyone.

Been there. It's horrible. Don't be hard on yourself and give it time.

London

"Been there. It's horrible. Don't be hard on yourself and give it time.

"

Six years so far.

Also been there and it’s horrible, it’s like I turned into an ugly monster version of myself , whenever I thought I’d be totally fine, something would trigger me and I’d not be fine with it. And I’d get frustrated and hurt, the best thing in the end was to cut ties and I THINK I am over that person now, tho I must say I don’t want them back in case I go back to that version of myself.

Point being, be kind to yourself x

"Y'all need to stop hugging me!

It's lovely but need shaking by the shoulders a la Airplane. Queue up everyone. "

Would that really help though?

When I feel shit I wallow in it. Drag myself right down and it gets it out of my system for a while. Hope you feel better tomorrow after a sleep.

"Op were only human "

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Hi Topsy

This has happened to me and I can empathise with the pain it can cause, I couldn’t handle it and I asked the person to stop messaging me after explaining that my feelings would not diminish and that cursed cup of hope would fill every time they messaged, though I knew 100% that their message would be innocent.

However they would keep messaging, asking how I was and in the end I found a way to stop them asking, it wasn’t nice (though not horrendous) and I did warn them what I would do if they persisted and I think they thought I was joking, so kept messaging, until I responded as I said I would.

It’s been quiet these last 3 months since. Topsy the only way I could deal with this was to walk away completely with bridges afire behind me. Now I can heal. I’m not saying that’s what you should do, but I hope you can find a way to quiet your hopeful heart.

Best thing to do is plot their downfall and break them up. Simples.

East London

"Time to let him go.

You don't say!"

He was never there.

Gone.

East London

"Hi Topsy

This has happened to me and I can empathise with the pain it can cause, I couldn’t handle it and I asked the person to stop messaging me after explaining that my feelings would not diminish and that cursed cup of hope would fill every time they messaged, though I knew 100% that their message would be innocent.

However they would keep messaging, asking how I was and in the end I found a way to stop them asking, it wasn’t nice (though not horrendous) and I did warn them what I would do if they persisted and I think they thought I was joking, so kept messaging, until I responded as I said I would.

It’s been quiet these last 3 months since. Topsy the only way I could deal with this was to walk away completely with bridges afire behind me. Now I can heal. I’m not saying that’s what you should do, but I hope you can find a way to quiet your hopeful heart. "

Could you not just block them from messaging?

London

Would that really help though?

When I feel shit I wallow in it. Drag myself right down and it gets it out of my system for a while. Hope you feel better tomorrow after a sleep. "

I really am the sort that needs that, sympathy makes me soooo dragged down.

I need someone to laugh at my daft rant about it.

By *aximus74Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

It's lovely but need shaking by the shoulders a la Airplane. Queue up everyone. "

Been there too... My advice would be head up,shoulders back,tits out and block any contact with him until you can think of him and not have "the feels" as they say!! Come on girl,your a strong independent woman,head wobble and crack on with being the fabulous you you are!!

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

"Hi Topsy

It’s been quiet these last 3 months since. Topsy the only way I could deal with this was to walk away completely with bridges afire behind me. Now I can heal. I’m not saying that’s what you should do, but I hope you can find a way to quiet your hopeful heart.

Could you not just block them from messaging?"

Work colleague I am afraid, they would have access through other means. But yes. They are blocked on my phone

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Especially for you.

https://youtu.be/CmXYJOyAGc0

London

"Hi Topsy

It’s been quiet these last 3 months since. Topsy the only way I could deal with this was to walk away completely with bridges afire behind me. Now I can heal. I’m not saying that’s what you should do, but I hope you can find a way to quiet your hopeful heart. "

Nailed it! 'Hopeful heart' is exactly it and I thank you for naming it.

I'm so sorry it came to that for you, I really hope the bridges burn to mere ash on the wind.

London

Been there too... My advice would be head up,shoulders back,tits out and block any contact with him until you can think of him and not have "the feels" as they say!! Come on girl,your a strong independent woman,head wobble and crack on with being the fabulous you you are!! "

You got it right there and I can feel the blissful sting.

Tits up, grin on, striding forward.

By *ildcardMan  over a year ago

Near and Far

Even though you're standing by your decision to let him go, you need to be firm with yourself and shake those shoulders. 6 years is nothing, time is nothing. It's not a case of how long, it's how well you're doing.

Something to consider is that he might be emotionally piggy banking you also.

London

"Especially for you.

https://youtu.be/CmXYJOyAGc0"

Actually screeching with laughter!

London

"Even though you're standing by your decision to let him go, you need to be firm with yourself and shake those shoulders. 6 years is nothing, time is nothing. It's not a case of how long, it's how well you're doing.

Something to consider is that he might be emotionally piggy banking you also."

He's not, he doesn't have a scooby about how I feel about him, it's just friend stuff.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Especially for you.

Actually screeching with laughter!"

The biggest slap I know

London

"Especially for you.

Actually screeching with laughter!

The biggest slap I know "

I really is, thank you, I hear you too.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Right. Given the 6 years, your thread title and assuming he has not tried to subtly keep things alive...

Clear sense you are annoyed at your own reaction (6 years!) so rather than more "luv you hun" a different tack.

People go through the grief cycle (for want of better phrase) and you seem to have short circuited on the anger that pushes you back to loss.Do not answer in forum but consider the following.

Rather than undying unrequited love for him were there *other* things at the time you experienced that may have linked to him in your mind, kids/parental loss/housing etc

What is happening today outside his note - similarities of situation, personality, frustration?

Is he your kryptonite? Have you allowed yourself to create/indulge him with such a power? Does he know? - sometimes we allow our normally controlled selves an outlet for the irrational. The more controlled the greater the need for antithesis. Fab and BDSM is full of it.

Finally... If it was love, and he keeps burning you with innocent contacts - Stop the contacts - take positive action rather than apathetic attrition. This cycle periodically consumes you so treat it like an infection, cure and dont keep stick your hand back in the cess pit

Be happy

By *aximus74Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

Been there too... My advice would be head up,shoulders back,tits out and block any contact with him until you can think of him and not have "the feels" as they say!! Come on girl,your a strong independent woman,head wobble and crack on with being the fabulous you you are!!

Tits up, grin on, striding forward."

you go girl... Show him what he missed out on!! :

London

"Right. Given the 6 years, your thread title and assuming he has not tried to subtly keep things alive...

Clear sense you are annoyed at your own reaction (6 years!) so rather than more "luv you hun" a different tack.

People go through the grief cycle (for want of better phrase) and you seem to have short circuited on the anger that pushes you back to loss.Do not answer in forum but consider the following.

Rather than undying unrequited love for him were there *other* things at the time you experienced that may have linked to him in your mind, kids/parental loss/housing etc

What is happening today outside his note - similarities of situation, personality, frustration?

Is he your kryptonite? Have you allowed yourself to create/indulge him with such a power? Does he know? - sometimes we allow our normally controlled selves an outlet for the irrational. The more controlled the greater the need for antithesis. Fab and BDSM is full of it.

Finally... If it was love, and he keeps burning you with innocent contacts - Stop the contacts - take positive action rather than apathetic attrition. This cycle periodically consumes you so treat it like an infection, cure and dont keep stick your hand back in the cess pit

Be happy

"

I was extremely kind of you to post that, thank you for thinking of me.

You think you have it bad. I've just spent 20 bloody minutes trying to get a duvet into the cover.

Tried the inside out thing and stood on the end of the bed to give extra height. Half way through while I'm ranting a friend called asking what time I'm picking her up. She just laughed at me. Now the label on the duvet is at the pillow side.

I'll finish it later, or bin the damn thing.

If you have any spare slaps, send one my way.

Don't really know the answer but hope I gave a smile.

London

"You think you have it bad. I've just spent 20 bloody minutes trying to get a duvet into the cover.

Tried the inside out thing and stood on the end of the bed to give extra height. Half way through while I'm ranting a friend called asking what time I'm picking her up. She just laughed at me. Now the label on the duvet is at the pillow side.

I'll finish it later, or bin the damn thing.

If you have any spare slaps, send one my way.

Don't really know the answer but hope I gave a smile. "

It sure did, thank you

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Tits up, grin on, striding forward."

Tits up Topsy is a great name for a support group that meets with wine, wry smiles and a 'p...ed off mentality

Tits up, grin on, striding forward.

Tits up Topsy is a great name for a support group that meets with wine, wry smiles and a 'p...ed off mentality "

I like that, I would join

"It's a shit feeling, I've been there too

Hope you're ok x

Shit, isn't it.

I'm ok really, just bloody mad at myself!

I'm glad I'm not at work, someone would have incurred my wrath and I'd be in tears."

Dont be mad at yourself - your human. Its ok! do something nice and pamper your self being cross with your feelings will not change them xx. big hugs xx

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Pop round, I can give you a talking to. I'm good like that. No BS, just what you need to hear!

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Did he know how much you'd fallen for him?

What's really eating you up about him?

Ahhh this sucks, its something that cant be acted on without heartbreak, anger or upset to someone... tricky triangle.

London

"Did he know how much you'd fallen for him?

What's really eating you up about him?"

He has no idea and I will never tell him.

London

"Ahhh this sucks, its something that cant be acted on without heartbreak, anger or upset to someone... tricky triangle.

"

Only me! Nobody else knows.

London

"Pop round, I can give you a talking to. I'm good like that. No BS, just what you need to hear!"

On me way, tits up.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Did he know how much you'd fallen for him?

What's really eating you up about him?

He has no idea and I will never tell him."

There has never been anything better you?

You say he is loved up...has that always been the case?

I hope you manage to get your head around things xx

"Ahhh this sucks, its something that cant be acted on without heartbreak, anger or upset to someone... tricky triangle.

"

Is he happy in his relationship?

London

Is he happy in his relationship? "

Absolutely.

It's only me that has an issue and it's mine to deal with, he's a lovely friend.

London

Thanks for all the support everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Today is a new day and work is calling

» Add a new message to this topic