FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Catfish - The TV Show

Catfish - The TV Show

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elinefine OP   Woman  over a year ago

kempston

I am currently falling down the wormhole of “Catfish - The TV Show” after discovering the podcast which I would listen to as background noise to fall asleep.

From this I am becoming increasingly fascinated with the mentality of people who Catfish. This could be a sign I need to go back to work but that’s another story

There appear to be different levels of catfish.

At the very basic there are those that use other peoples pictures as they don’t feel confident in themselves that have no malice but are just lonely people.

The next and probably the ones I thought of as being most common are those that hit the dating sites with fake profiles, declare undying love and then ask for the iTunes and Amazon cards.

It then seems to go to people who develop the online relationships, posing as someone else with no motivation other than for their own amusement and causing upset.

Finally there are the catfish of terrifying extremes of gaslighting and manipulation, extorting money and basically ruining peoples lives.

Nothing should shock me now about people but if you want some interesting listening search a podcast called “Sweet Bobby” and “Do You Know Mordechai?”

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone can potentially be a catfish be very aware it can be a handy tactic for abusers stalkers weirdos and creeps lure you in when really it’s all a sick joke or they steal your pics and vids and post them online or threaten to out you at work or home etc nevermind the extorting of money!

By *erms and conditionsCouple  over a year ago

Alton

Watching it is somewhat addictive

Some people are very strange.

I am a catfish and edit all of my photos but at least I'm honest about it. It's not my problem if someone believes I am actually a female.

That’s brilliant lol catfish don’t usually put themselves well done you!!

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

We are obsessed with catfish especially the latest series with kammie, she's my major girl crush x

It also fascinates me the mentality behind it, I can understand to a degree. Hubby says they people being catfished are shallow as they fell in love with that person but because they don't look like how you thought you don't want them anymore? I reply by saying we'll they have been deceived and must feel strongly about that, we have a few debates about episodes, find it really interesting and eye opening tbh....

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"Watching it is somewhat addictive"

I like the older ones with Nev and Max more than the newer ones. Much as I love Oobah’s other stuff, I find the UK ones a bit too staged and fake.

Side note: oh how I’d love to be the meat in a Nev and Max sandwich

kempston

"We are obsessed with catfish especially the latest series with kammie, she's my major girl crush x

It also fascinates me the mentality behind it, I can understand to a degree. Hubby says they people being catfished are shallow as they fell in love with that person but because they don't look like how you thought you don't want them anymore? I reply by saying we'll they have been deceived and must feel strongly about that, we have a few debates about episodes, find it really interesting and eye opening tbh.... "

Get your husband to listen to “Sweet Bobby” and see if he thinks the same….

kempston

"Watching it is somewhat addictive

I like the older ones with Nev and Max more than the newer ones. Much as I love Oobah’s other stuff, I find the UK ones a bit too staged and fake.

Side note: oh how I’d love to be the meat in a Nev and Max sandwich "

I’m on season 4 and they are considerably more appealing to me now than the earlier episodes

» Add a new message to this topic