FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Seriously?

Seriously?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Serious one.. That's right, I can do serious threads sometimes.

Does anyone suffer with chronic pain and how do you deal with it? I know different things will work for different people and depending on the cause of pain. Stress won't help either - I'm a ball of stress currently which exacerbates the pelvic pain I already fight on with.

I use heat patches, tens machine, massage and painkillers if absolutely necessary. I try and keep as active as possible with a desk job. Oh, and if you have a way to stop sciatica I'll buy it for £1M.

When I tell you I'm a 25yo in a 90yo body I'm not lieing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

"Serious one.. That's right, I can do serious threads sometimes.

Does anyone suffer with chronic pain and how do you deal with it? I know different things will work for different people and depending on the cause of pain. Stress won't help either - I'm a ball of stress currently which exacerbates the pelvic pain I already fight on with.

I use heat patches, tens machine, massage and painkillers if absolutely necessary. I try and keep as active as possible with a desk job. Oh, and if you have a way to stop sciatica I'll buy it for £1M.

When I tell you I'm a 25yo in a 90yo body I'm not lieing "

Suffering with sciatica and have been for past 6 monthshave found it difficult to even sleep at night with it, have just been referred for physio today am hoping that gives it some relief.

X Storm X

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Happily get rid of your sciatica for £1m

Beard

By *aximus74Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

Apparently for sciatic pain supposed to lie on a tennis ball.. and it's supposed relieve the pain..

I don't know if this works as I haven't tried it myself yet...but will try if it flares up again.

And got water bottle for 10 mins then something cold on it for 10 mins which was advice off a phsio for chronic pain .

Hope you get some relief either way x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stop playing rugby.

Worked for me.

You’re welcome

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Have you tried CBD?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have you had physio for your sciatic pain, do you know what's causing it? Depending on the cause physio can help.

Don't be afraid of painkillers either.

Badger your doctor for a referral to a pain clinic too.

By *entative_steps7781Couple  over a year ago

Home

Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor?

I suffered really badly with pelvic girdle issues when pregnant and seeing a chiropractor was the only way I was able to stay off of crutches.

They can be expensive, but I would have paid 3 times the price for the pain relief I had after I saw her.

MJ x

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

I had physio for sciatica… essentially you need to strengthen your core. That worked for me anyway.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I've been in a flare up for 3 weeks now and it's healing day by day, my current routine is lots of fluids, ibroprofen and hot shower before bed and when I wake up, then in the day 20 mins move, 20 mins rest, heat pack if its freezing in the morning as driving can irritate it

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I have chronic pain (nerve damage, sciatica is something that co-exists with it). I honestly have no idea how I cope, I just do. I keep myself busy as much as possible. I had to use a wheelchair due to my issues (they're complicated) and that's really helped because I have my weight off my affected leg and I'm not standing like a flamingo, making my right side worse.

For work, have a look at saddle chairs. Mine has been a god send. Mine is a Hag Capisco chair but there's lots of different types.

I saw all sorts of physios, osteopaths, acupuncture people and nothing helped. I take pregabalin and just put up with the constant burning and other weird sensations

North West

"I had physio for sciatica… essentially you need to strengthen your core. That worked for me anyway. "

The problem for some people (especially women with pelvic floor dysfunction) is that strengthening the core can exacerbate the pelvic floor issues or can prevent the core strengthening from doing anything. After pelvic floor surgery, I am never again allowed to do sit ups, planks or a bunch of other exercises, for example.

"Stop playing rugby.

Worked for me.

You’re welcome "

If I don't get involved in the scrum they don't let me in the changing rooms.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

My back has been a wreck for about seven years now, never been properly diagnosed or even investigated, and always been told to just carry on with some painkillers and it'll go away

Aaaanyhoo. For me, laying flat on the floor helps, some stretching (cat/cow and child yoga poses), and cracking my back relieves a lot of pressure. If it gets particularly bad I have left over prescriptions I can pop. I'm not sure if any of that is helpful to you though

LvM

That sounds horrible .

Have you tried specific sciatica stretches.

Have you been to a osteopath/chiropractor too?

When I tell you I'm a 25yo in a 90yo body I'm not lieing

Suffering with sciatica and have been for past 6 monthshave found it difficult to even sleep at night with it, have just been referred for physio today am hoping that gives it some relief.

X Storm X "

I'm suffering now from sciatica and the pain is a bitch...cant get comfortable, cant stand, cant sleep, been like it a few wks now. Doctor just wants to pump me full of pain killers..

Thanks all. GP doesn't want to know about sciatica, and I can't be bothered advocating for myself and don't want to be pumped full of painkillers.

Pelvic pain is because of endo - not curable but managable with repeat surgeries. Had my last one 8 months ago.

Looking for a more holistic bridging approach for now until I have the energy to advocate more

Although a group hug might help

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Thanks all. GP doesn't want to know about sciatica, and I can't be bothered advocating for myself and don't want to be pumped full of painkillers.

Pelvic pain is because of endo - not curable but managable with repeat surgeries. Had my last one 8 months ago.

Looking for a more holistic bridging approach for now until I have the energy to advocate more

Although a group hug might help "

K

Cronic knee pain from the age of 18 for Mr right and 23 for my left after screwing the cartilage in each one

Some days are better than others

Doggy style is restricted because if it

I saw an osteopath after taking a fall in netball. He released a trapped sciatic nerve in one session. The relief was immense!

Maybe an osteopath might help you?

Maybe cbd remedies? I'm not talking smoking stuff, like actual genuine pain relief medicinal stuff.

"I saw an osteopath after taking a fall in netball. He released a trapped sciatic nerve in one session. The relief was immense!

Maybe an osteopath might help you? "

like this lady said, I suffered for years but now I have no problems

By *piderBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

Sending a massive gentle hug Mrs.

I can absolutely relate to all of the above and live with similar issues myself.

The only thing that ever gets rid of my sciatic pain is surgery on my spine, I've had a lot. And that obviously come with its own pain issues, and isn't ideal as a painkiller. But for about 9-12 months after the surgery I am at least sciatica free.

The only thing that eases mine is heavy duty drugs, but even then it doesn't go.... and I end up asleep.

I would say that if you can stand it, keep pushing the doc about the sciatica. Because mine is a symptom of an issue that will paralyze me if it isn't dealt with (operated on) before it gets too bad each time. I hope it isn't the same but it could be xxx

Posh

Ive suffered the last 7 years with a back injury after a bad fall. I'm now seeing my 5th osteopath, also been to chiropractors, physio etc. I bought the shatki accupressure mat and I love it. If I lie on it for 20 mins I get enough relief to do a 20 minute walk relatively pain free. It's also great for migraines.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I started taking a low dosage of amytriptaline for my nerve pain.

Before that I just used to cope by distracting myself when it got bad.

I feel for you, I'd buy a cure for sciatica too. Thankfully mine hasn't been too bad recently but I suffer with that as well as constant joint pain which is mainly my knees but can be anywhere from my neck down. This week it's been tension headaches brought on by stress and the cold weather. I take anymore tablets and I'll sound like a smarties tube Sending gentle hugs OP , hopefully you get a break from it soon xx

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Ive suffered the last 7 years with a back injury after a bad fall. I'm now seeing my 5th osteopath, also been to chiropractors, physio etc. I bought the shatki accupressure mat and I love it. If I lie on it for 20 mins I get enough relief to do a 20 minute walk relatively pain free. It's also great for migraines."

My next door neighbour suffers with bad migrains. Is it the same mat you use or one for migraines specifically

Sheer stubbornness. When that runs out, tears and pain killers.

Stress is my biggest trigger also, cutting down on peopling is a great way to reduce stress though not always an option.

possibly try mindfulness apps or techniques. They are very hit or miss, so finding one that works for you can be a bit of a pain but worth it when you do.

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I had physio for sciatica… essentially you need to strengthen your core. That worked for me anyway.

The problem for some people (especially women with pelvic floor dysfunction) is that strengthening the core can exacerbate the pelvic floor issues or can prevent the core strengthening from doing anything. After pelvic floor surgery, I am never again allowed to do sit ups, planks or a bunch of other exercises, for example."

Oh I did non of those. Thankfully my work covered the cost of private and it was way more gentle than for example sit ups. I was taught how to isolate and very very gently exercise my core. I did no planks or anything that could cause strain. Some was on machinery but plenty were almost yoga type stretches and floor work.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I have endometriosis and I get sciatica and femoral nerve pain from it. Excercise seems to be the only thing that helps.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I've been dealing with chronic pain since I was a teenager.

I take Pregabilin and Ibuprofen regularly now, as it's very bad and exercise isn't helping much.

Have you tried swimming?

I'm trying to stick to a low Fodmap diet, and am hoping it might help too.

My huge weight gain in the last 3½ years and another operation haven't helped.

Make sure you have a good mattress and don't stop moving around.

North West

"I had physio for sciatica… essentially you need to strengthen your core. That worked for me anyway.

The problem for some people (especially women with pelvic floor dysfunction) is that strengthening the core can exacerbate the pelvic floor issues or can prevent the core strengthening from doing anything. After pelvic floor surgery, I am never again allowed to do sit ups, planks or a bunch of other exercises, for example.

Oh I did non of those. Thankfully my work covered the cost of private and it was way more gentle than for example sit ups. I was taught how to isolate and very very gently exercise my core. I did no planks or anything that could cause strain. Some was on machinery but plenty were almost yoga type stretches and floor work."

I can't engage my core properly because the undercarriage bit is falling to bits. As I'm sure you know, the pelvic floor is key to supporting everything above so if that doesn't work, then everything else is out of whack. Despite the surgery, I still have a bunch of unfixable problems in that area.

Another one suggesting CBD oil. My new one arrived today and I was finding it hard without. ££ but means I can get through the day a little easier.

I have a lot of heat pads and cushions for the microwave. They help a great deal and cheap!

I'm with a pain management clinic and I do think it's worth going down that path. ESP if they have an osteo.

"I've been dealing with chronic pain since I was a teenager.

I take Pregabilin and Ibuprofen regularly now, as it's very bad and exercise isn't helping much.

Have you tried swimming?

"

I took codeine for almost 2 years and was a nightmare when weaning off.

Not tried swimming, I don't have that much spare time but we are taking the kids next weekend so I'll have an hour of relaxing in the pool.

Recently got a new mattress and it's heavenly

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Ever since 2001, I had a pain in my shoulder that was an absolute nightmare, massage, jacuzzi, painkillers and physio couldn't shift it.

Cold weather, carrying shopping in carrier bags was not fun.

Then one day after watching Youtube, I discovered foam rollers. I learnt how use it properly and CURED myself. My physio was surprised. Stuff like this doesn't give up without a fight. This roller was amazing and is now my go to. I no longer suffer.

If I do get a twinge, I know the pack drill, roll and give it 30 seconds: job done. I want to see rollers on prescription. My body likes to stay tense, stretching exercises are in 30 second bouts, as and when.

Learn to stretch, it might work for you...good luck.

East London

"I've been dealing with chronic pain since I was a teenager.

Have you tried swimming?

I took codeine for almost 2 years and was a nightmare when weaning off.

Not tried swimming, I don't have that much spare time but we are taking the kids next weekend so I'll have an hour of relaxing in the pool.

Recently got a new mattress and it's heavenly "

I won't take codeine or Tramadol because of that.

I ran out of Ibuprofen today and the pain has been awful.

Paracetamol helps a little but not like Ibuprofen.

An uncomfortable sofa or chair makes my sciatica kick off.

East London

I also had a deep tissue massage yonks ago that got rid of the sciatica.

It recently came back due to a crap sofa and me lounging on it a lot.

Peterborough

"I also had a deep tissue massage yonks ago that got rid of the sciatica.

It recently came back due to a crap sofa and me lounging on it a lot."

Bed, couch, shoes and car seats. If one of these is bad for you, your health will suffer. Make sure you get this to fit your body, not your IG page.

East London

Bed, couch, shoes and car seats. If one of these is bad for you, your health will suffer. Make sure you get this to fit your body, not your IG page."

I need a new sofa.

East London

Bed, couch, shoes and car seats. If one of these is bad for you, your health will suffer. Make sure you get this to fit your body, not your IG page.

I need a new sofa."

But I don't have IG

North West

Bed, couch, shoes and car seats. If one of these is bad for you, your health will suffer. Make sure you get this to fit your body, not your IG page."

Agree about sofas etc but there's lots of other causes of sciatica too.

My IG is full of dogs

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Sorry you suffer with this OP,

Epsom salt with lavender helps for joint and muscle pain, I definitely get some relief from it. CBD capsules are great for all kinds of pain too. I prefer the CBD gummies as they don't taste as bad xx

Peterborough

"

But I don't have IG "

I like you already!

Peterborough

"

My IG is full of dogs "

On the couch?

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I have fibromyalgia and each day my coping mechanisms are different. Most of the time I just try to push through and deal with the fallout over the next few days.

C

I work a physical job and go through periods of extreme back pain. The only thing that works is tramadol but I try not to take it too often.

» Add a new message to this topic