FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Photo advice from non togs

Photo advice from non togs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heirry84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlands

So, I love photography and have worked as a tog for quite some time and in many different capacities.

Anyway, that aside I've started a couple of discussions about photography previously, not offering my services but more advice to those who perhaps don't have much experience with taking images. This has been slammed by a minority because I don't have any pictures on here. So I've decided to take the plunge and take some self portraits in my studio or at home with lighting. My question is to the ladies, what sort of thing would you like to see in an image? What turns you on? I will be using shadow play and ps to hide my identity but within reason I'm pretty open to ideas...

Ps I won't be doing any cock shots as it fills me with dread thinking about editing pics of penis. Although I could use liquify and make it into a third leg... not that I would need to of course

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Things that show thought, care and just general consideration. That alone can show snippets of personality and how the brain works.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Most of what makes a photographer 'good' nowadays is around creativity and composition. The technical proficiency is nowhere near now what it once needed to be as digital imaging has dramatically lowered the barriers to entry and you get instant feedback on the shot.

So pics that demonstrate that, I guess?

Midlands

"Things that show thought, care and just general consideration. That alone can show snippets of personality and how the brain works."

OK thanks. I always put thought into my work but maybe I'll show some of my other interests at the same time. I am going to be in the studio though so don't think the backdrop will be exciting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A photo that leaves you curious but satisfied mentally with the image you're looking at.

Midlands

"Most of what makes a photographer 'good' nowadays is around creativity and composition. The technical proficiency is nowhere near now what it once needed to be as digital imaging has dramatically lowered the barriers to entry and you get instant feedback on the shot.

So pics that demonstrate that, I guess?"

Yeah you're right there. You used to have to be so sharp with exposure times, aperture, wb and iso back in the day so when you developed your film you could actually use some shots. Composition is easy for me but creativity can be hard in the studio with a plain background.... unless I use props but then I feel like a cheeseball! Might just use some shadow play and try to show some body. That and show some of my sporting interests at the same time

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

You can’t beat a good forearm pic

Midlands

"A photo that leaves you curious but satisfied mentally with the image you're looking at. "

This sounds hard. Especially the satisfying. I like a challenge though so will give it my best

Midlands

"You can’t beat a good forearm pic "

Never had a request for forearms. I actually have ok forearms from all the boxing and basketball. Hopefully I can capture them at the right angle

Midlands

Thanks for the advice BTW ladies! Much appreciated!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'd like to see an outside shot, no backboard

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

If you intend to actually have meets i dont see the need for ambiguous arty shots for everything.

How will anyone know its you for a coffee and or more?

Midlands

"I'd like to see an outside shot, no backboard "

I have actually just got portable lighting but seems a bit of a waste for self portraiture. Well actually I think I could do it well but feel like a bit of a narcissist setting up a lighting rig for myself...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Please can I ask what a tog is? I have Google but cba.

Midlands

"If you intend to actually have meets i dont see the need for ambiguous arty shots for everything.

How will anyone know its you for a coffee and or more?

"

I was more thinking arty just so my face is blocked out and I can set a public profile pic. Got plenty of pics of my face so I hope any girls will recognise me for a coffee

Midlands

"Please can I ask what a tog is? I have Google but cba. "

It's an abbreviation of photographer

» Add a new message to this topic