FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Friend's Lists vs FaceBook

Friend's Lists vs FaceBook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *habs OP   Man  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Okay, who we shag/don't shag/chat to/don't chat to ... add-to-FB-for-whatever-reason is our business, and same goes for who we choose to let know about it (ie, making your FB profile invisible to searches as well as hiding your Fabs Friend's List).

So here's the thing - we know there are some lazy sods about that use other people's friends' lists on Fabs to "harvest" potential meets - but imagine if you found this happening on FB ?

How would you react to discovering that a contact of yours has been adding other FB contacts in the hope of "Hey, I know Ahabs too - when can we meet?". A little shocking especially if you're the type with family and work colleagues on there.

Some reckon its just friendly networking and so I shouldn't worry or be too precious about it - I liken it more to someone picking up my phone and copying phone numbers from it. Discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be honest, this is why up until recently I have avoided facebook, only joined recently because I was pestered by a family member to view their pics etc, so I only have close friends and family in my friends list, and absolutely nothing at all on my profile.

Forum Mod

Im the same,I can't really be bothered with it, I went on there the other day though and found my daughter had tagged some pics with very naughty captions

I keep it totally seperate and don't want the 2 crossing over

Are people so lazy that they have to trawl through other peoples friends to make their own?

I don't really use facebook, just find it's a list of people you don't really know any more.... like if you didn't want to keep in touch with me in the first place then why are you sending me stupid fooking shit on here!?! If you were a proper friend you'd be on the phone arranging a beer

Just use it to play my brother at scrabble now and ignore the rest of it

It goes on all the time on facebook and to some extent here at Fab ..On facebook its sometimes the case of who can have the biggest friends list and could even be the case here on fab with some members..!!

We keep the two very seperate.. Different e-mails everything. Facebook is more family orientated for us.. as such we rarely add anyone we don't know well..

We also keep the profile showing only to those we know.. If those on the friends want to add others from the list its up to them really.. why?? If you don't actually know them can't see the point at all..

sup _habs...keep them 2 far apart.

» Add a new message to this topic