FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing weight mainly belly fat …dad bod belly lol

Losing weight mainly belly fat …dad bod belly lol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oshker71 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Hi folks

Is it possible to loose belly fat without exercising.

I use to train lots in my younger years but due to an injury I’m not longer able.

Any tips appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Are you able to swim or walk? Otherwise it's just a matter of reducing calorie intake aka a diet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/01/22 00:32:09]

You can only reduce your body fat, you can’t specifically target where it reduces from.

By *iss_FickleWoman  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

You can't spot reduce (just lose belly fat) if that's what you mean.

Secret to losing weight - Eat less, move more!

So whilst you can reduce your calorific intake and lose some weight, at some point you will hit a plateau if you're unable to exercise at all... Walking & swimming etc are gentle exercises, so a great place to start.

By *atty39Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"Hi folks

I use to train lots in my younger years but due to an injury I’m not longer able.

Any tips appreciated. "

. Big one if can't exercise would be diet there's a few low carb foods that burn fat naturally like nuts seeds, fish, veg, avoid high carbs that stores fat in the body like bread and pasta cheese etc

By *xelf787Man  over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

Reduce your high carb intake- potatoes, white bread, white rice, veg like swede/parnips, any product with refined sugar

Cardiff

"Are you able to swim or walk? Otherwise it's just a matter of reducing calorie intake aka a diet. "

Thanks for you reply

Swimming hurts my injury but I can walk but not miles about 30 minutes.

Cardiff

"You can't spot reduce (just lose belly fat) if that's what you mean.

Secret to losing weight - Eat less, move more!

So whilst you can reduce your calorific intake and lose some weight, at some point you will hit a plateau if you're unable to exercise at all... Walking & swimming etc are gentle exercises, so a great place to start."

Many thanks

By *ubix538Man  over a year ago

Inverness

I don't think you can target specific areas of the body to lose fat your genetics decide where you lose it first. In men the most stubborn area to get rid of the fat is usually the gut. The only way to lose fat is to consume less calories than what you burn. Some people do different forms of dieting (keto, paleo etc) but I reckon this is just different methods of essentially restricting calories. There is obviously more science to it than that but in the end, the only number that I think counts is calories. 1 pound of body fat equates to about 3500 calories. If you are in a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day; that is a healthy level of weight loss. This means you will lose 1 pound of fat per week; 4 pounds of fat per month. The problem is you will also lose muscle. It's not healthy to let yourself waste away by fasting. It's not pleasant either, and too hard to sustain. Healthy body fat percentage in men ranges from about 15-25%. If you lose too much fat it can stress out the internal organs (subcutaneous fat). Having six-pack abs is actually not really that good for you and incredibly difficult to sustain year-round. My thinking is that "diets" are bad as they are inherently temporary. Living healthy from here on would be a more optimal solution.

tldr: Yes; track calories. Calculate your basal metabolic rate, subtract 500 calories, eat that many calories every day.

Cardiff

"Hi folks

Any tips appreciated. . Big one if can't exercise would be diet there's a few low carb foods that burn fat naturally like nuts seeds, fish, veg, avoid high carbs that stores fat in the body like bread and pasta cheese etc "

Ouch bread & cheese are my big sins …I’m on nuts & fruit at the moment plus chicken.

Cardiff

"Reduce your high carb intake- potatoes, white bread, white rice, veg like swede/parnips, any product with refined sugar"

I don’t eat much of what you mentioned gladly…thanks for your reply

Cardiff

"I don't think you can target specific areas of the body to lose fat your genetics decide where you lose it first. In men the most stubborn area to get rid of the fat is usually the gut. The only way to lose fat is to consume less calories than what you burn. Some people do different forms of dieting (keto, paleo etc) but I reckon this is just different methods of essentially restricting calories. There is obviously more science to it than that but in the end, the only number that I think counts is calories. 1 pound of body fat equates to about 3500 calories. If you are in a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day; that is a healthy level of weight loss. This means you will lose 1 pound of fat per week; 4 pounds of fat per month. The problem is you will also lose muscle. It's not healthy to let yourself waste away by fasting. It's not pleasant either, and too hard to sustain. Healthy body fat percentage in men ranges from about 15-25%. If you lose too much fat it can stress out the internal organs (subcutaneous fat). Having six-pack abs is actually not really that good for you and incredibly difficult to sustain year-round. My thinking is that "diets" are bad as they are inherently temporary. Living healthy from here on would be a more optimal solution.

tldr: Yes; track calories. Calculate your basal metabolic rate, subtract 500 calories, eat that many calories every day. "

Top man many thanks

"Hi folks

Any tips appreciated. . Big one if can't exercise would be diet there's a few low carb foods that burn fat naturally like nuts seeds, fish, veg, avoid high carbs that stores fat in the body like bread and pasta cheese etc

Ouch bread & cheese are my big sins …I’m on nuts & fruit at the moment plus chicken."

Fruit is OK but be mindful it is full of sugar so limit the amount consumed. Nuts are healthy fats but also calorie dense. These foods need to be incorporated into a healthy program according to your aims.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Stomach crunches it's light work and easy to do without much effort

Newcastle

And use your legs not upper half of your body

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Slimming world is very good. I lost just over 5 stone on there before

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Stomach crunches it's light work and easy to do without much effort"

They're not that helpful for getting rid of belly fat though.

Cardiff

"Stomach crunches it's light work and easy to do without much effort

They're not that helpful for getting rid of belly fat though. "

Cardiff

"Stomach crunches it's light work and easy to do without much effort"

Thanks

Cardiff

"Slimming world is very good. I lost just over 5 stone on there before "

I’m not sure I need slimming world to be honest I’m large in one area only my belly if I can shift that I’m good to go

It sounds like visceral fat which responds better to diet anyway. Avoid sugars and things with hidden sugars like bread,reduce carbs and see how you go.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Cling film. Lol

Reduce carbs, refined sugar and alcohol, will all have an impact

By *CheshireMaleMan  over a year ago

Middlewich

some great advice on here, thanks guys, I need to get rid of my belly, its not b=very attractive lol

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Hi folks

Any tips appreciated. "

Absolutely. Many have done it

Weight loss is entirely based on energy balance

Food is a type of energy

Body fat is a type of stored energy

Eat more food than you need? The body stores it as fat

Eat less food than you need? The body takes what it needs from fat stores

That’s why the mantra “eat less move more” is so popular.

Newcastle

They're not that helpful for getting rid of belly fat though. "

Really it depends on the technique that is used as their is two methods one is the curl and crunch the other is holding the crunch producing stomach muscles which reduces fat turned into muscle...

Newcastle

Really it depends on the technique that is used as their is two methods one is the curl and crunch the other is holding the crunch producing stomach muscles which reduces fat turned into muscle..."

This also gives you a fast metabolism to enjoy your food better because you have better control without having to worry

By *lairekTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

There are lots of free exercise routines available, on things like YouTube.

I'd suggest browsing through a few. Maybe search for low impact cardio.

I found that certain presenters on there kept me motivated, so if you don't like the first few just move onto the next.

Exercise is only part of it, but for me it was the cue to improving diet etc.

I'd argue the first and biggest step is to decide to take action, and you've done that

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Really it depends on the technique that is used as their is two methods one is the curl and crunch the other is holding the crunch producing stomach muscles which reduces fat turned into muscle...

This also gives you a fast metabolism to enjoy your food better because you have better control without having to worry"

I think what you're talking about is the benefits of increasing muscle mass? However the abdominal muscles aren't that big and you get more benefit from concentrating on larger muscles.

"I think what you're talking about is the benefits of increasing muscle mass? However the abdominal muscles aren't that big and you get more benefit from concentrating on larger muscles. "

Lose weight. Find the right lighting

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Wots ur alcohol intake like .drinking can give u a beer gut without much food intake x

w

"Wots ur alcohol intake like .drinking can give u a beer gut without much food intake x "

He’s not wrong. Standard pint has the equivalent of about 2 slices of bread in it

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I hurt my back and couldn't do any proper excercise for a while, but managed to lose weight.

I quit drinking Pepsi. First I switched from full fat to max, but that didn't do anything - a total quit started weight falling off. I also replaced this with drinking more water.

I stopped eating cake and snacks.

I practiced portion control. Smaller meals and not finishing off my kids meals.

I started doing a yoga routine e that didn't hurt my back, but was targeted at weight loss.

Good luck with it.

"Hi folks

Any tips appreciated. "

Depending on your psychical limitations, calisthenics and cardio are gonna be your friend. Those two behind diet, hydration and sleep are gonna do wonders for ya.

I’ve got a shoulder injury I’m tryna walk through so lots of sit ups and biking/running is my standard. Depending on how I feel that day, I’ll do some light lighting and practice heavy bag work/techniques.

If ya wanna disclose your range limitations, I can give ya some good suggestions. I was a D1 Boxer and know a bit.

What's a D1 boxer?

w

"What's a D1 boxer?"

Division 1

I’m not up to par with ranking or divisions in boxing, but it’s safe to say he could probably knock out 98% of people on here

"What's a D1 boxer?"

I was really good at it and got recruited to do it as my sport on scholarship at Uni. Not as glamorous as football or soccer but still an enjoyable position to be in.

I’m not very involved anymore but still use the diet advice and workout stuff for general fitness. Also, don’t mind advising anyone else who might be interested in bettering themselves.

"What's a D1 boxer?

Division 1

I’m not up to par with ranking or divisions in boxing, but it’s safe to say he could probably knock out 98% of people on here"

And this is a strong maybe. Boxing is nice and all but people who get arrogant with their skills end up knocked out.

"What's a D1 boxer?

Division 1

I’m not up to par with ranking or divisions in boxing, but it’s safe to say he could probably knock out 98% of people on here"

I didn't know they had that type of structure in boxing. Only ever heard of weights, didn't know there was a league type thing too.

Most of that knowledge is courtesy of Balboa

"What's a D1 boxer?

I was really good at it and got recruited to do it as my sport on scholarship at Uni. Not as glamorous as football or soccer but still an enjoyable position to be in.

I’m not very involved anymore but still use the diet advice and workout stuff for general fitness. Also, don’t mind advising anyone else who might be interested in bettering themselves."

Oh is this a US thing?

"What's a D1 boxer?

I’m not very involved anymore but still use the diet advice and workout stuff for general fitness. Also, don’t mind advising anyone else who might be interested in bettering themselves.

Oh is this a US thing? "

It is indeed.

People doing their sports for top ranked universities are D1 Athletes. It’s the same for Football, Soccer, Hockey, Lacrosse, etc

"What's a D1 boxer?

Oh is this a US thing?

It is indeed.

People doing their sports for top ranked universities are D1 Athletes. It’s the same for Football, Soccer, Hockey, Lacrosse, etc "

Got it.

Yeah awesome opportunities over there. Had a couple of friends go over for 'soccer' scholarships. (Inverted commas because obviously it's football not soccer )

Newcastle

This also gives you a fast metabolism to enjoy your food better because you have better control without having to worry

I think what you're talking about is the benefits of increasing muscle mass? However the abdominal muscles aren't that big and you get more benefit from concentrating on larger muscles. "

Nope.but creating stomach muscles controls not only having fatty tissue on the belly but also how the stomach is able to digest food rapidly...

If you go back to the original poster his request this is what I've focused on nothing else and I train and how to so understand the benefits of my training I'd recommend you try doing 50 on each occasion hold for 10 seconds and release and keep repeating like I've said not top half bottom half legs bent lifting the bum up off the ground toes pointing towards the ceiling and knees Towards opposite direction from base of your feet

w

I think what you're talking about is the benefits of increasing muscle mass? However the abdominal muscles aren't that big and you get more benefit from concentrating on larger muscles.

Nope.but creating stomach muscles controls not only having fatty tissue on the belly but also how the stomach is able to digest food rapidly...

If you go back to the original poster his request this is what I've focused on nothing else and I train and how to so understand the benefits of my training I'd recommend you try doing 50 on each occasion hold for 10 seconds and release and keep repeating like I've said not top half bottom half legs bent lifting the bum up off the ground toes pointing towards the ceiling and knees Towards opposite direction from base of your feet "

Not quite but good effort

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You can't focus a target area for weight loss. A combination of exercise and dietary changes are likely to be able to give you sustainable longer term weight loss.

As others point out, the body will use fat and muscle tissue for energy, if it needs to, hence preserving your muscles is a good goal to have - they also expend more metabolic energy from having them, than an equivalent weight in fat.

Find an exercise and diet that suits your goals and lifestyle, with the expectation that you will have a permanent lifestyle change.

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

I dont have any advise re losing the tum im afraid. But, I and many others LOVE a dad bod. So only do something about it if it is for yourself. X

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Weight/Fat loss is more about what you eat rather than what you do, you need to ge in a daily/weekly calorie deficit

Unfortunately it's impossible even with training to target particular areas but as others have said walking is one if the best turns if cardio, it's unlikely many of us can keep up the same pace over an hours run but most could raise their heart rate & keep it raised for an hours walk

I love walking but unless you're starting from a low level of fitness I think you'll get a lot more from a short run than you would a long walk.

Better still would be intervals.

Newcastle

If you go back to the original poster his request this is what I've focused on nothing else and I train and how to so understand the benefits of my training I'd recommend you try doing 50 on each occasion hold for 10 seconds and release and keep repeating like I've said not top half bottom half legs bent lifting the bum up off the ground toes pointing towards the ceiling and knees Towards opposite direction from base of your feet

Not quite but good effort "

Really.guess I must know something you don't but unless you've tried it would be a difficult one to debate on

w

Not quite but good effort

Really.guess I must know something you don't but unless you've tried it would be a difficult one to debate on "

I think you’d have a difficult time explaining how the abdominals whose main function is to cause flexion at the trunk can alter fatty tissue on the trunk and effect digestion

These are old bro science beliefs that have long been dismissed

Abdominal exercises won’t effect fatty tissue on the abdominal area

They could cause hypertrophy if trained properly, which in turn could cause them to be more defined, but they’d still be covered by a layer of fat

Spot reduction has long been dismissed. That means that you can’t target where body fat is lost, as many on this thread have mentioned.

Fat loss is determined by energy balance

Energy in = calories you consume

Energy out = calories lost through exercise or body maintenance. Abbreviated to TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)

If energy out is more than energy in, weight loss is achieved

Cardiff

"It sounds like visceral fat which responds better to diet anyway. Avoid sugars and things with hidden sugars like bread,reduce carbs and see how you go. "

Thanx

Cardiff

"Hi folks

Any tips appreciated.

Absolutely. Many have done it

Weight loss is entirely based on energy balance

Food is a type of energy

Body fat is a type of stored energy

Eat more food than you need? The body stores it as fat

Eat less food than you need? The body takes what it needs from fat stores

That’s why the mantra “eat less move more” is so popular. "

Top man

Cardiff

"There are lots of free exercise routines available, on things like YouTube.

I'd suggest browsing through a few. Maybe search for low impact cardio.

I found that certain presenters on there kept me motivated, so if you don't like the first few just move onto the next.

Many thanx

Exercise is only part of it, but for me it was the cue to improving diet etc.

I'd argue the first and biggest step is to decide to take action, and you've done that "

Cardiff

"I hurt my back and couldn't do any proper excercise for a while, but managed to lose weight.

I quit drinking Pepsi. First I switched from full fat to max, but that didn't do anything - a total quit started weight falling off. I also replaced this with drinking more water.

I stopped eating cake and snacks.

I practiced portion control. Smaller meals and not finishing off my kids meals.

I started doing a yoga routine e that didn't hurt my back, but was targeted at weight loss.

Good luck with it. "

Thanks for your reply ..interesting

» Add a new message to this topic