FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bemused and little disillusioned..

Bemused and little disillusioned..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey

So been on here for a while and yes I,m one those singletons.

Getting disillusioned about responses from fellow Fabbers...

I have occasionally been embolden to approach others and messaging.

Been polite ,respectfull .

Can except a simple " no sorry " Yet quite often replies are rude , or aggressive..??

If one does not try how can one be noticed?

Often coming from couples oddly..

Bemused cos surely these guys expect to contacted by single guys ,especially as site is majority occupied by singletons.

Bemused if it upsets them this much .... why ? remain on site. Better still perhaps request the moderators/ owners of Fab site to introduce a parallel couples only section ?

Sorry gripe over ....just had to get it out there...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Usually, the advice given in response to these threads is to tweak your profile a bit, but you haven't asked for profile advice.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Report and abuse you get OP it's not acceptable.

As for getting positive responses, there's no magic formula.

However, having a well written profile with good photos will always help. Is your profile enticeing yet true to you?

I would also suggest trying clubs and organised social events.

"Hey

Can except a simple " no sorry " Yet quite often replies are rude , or aggressive..??

Bemused cos surely these guys expect to contacted by single guys ,especially as site is majority occupied by singletons.

Bemused if it upsets them this much .... why ? remain on site. Better still perhaps request the moderators/ owners of Fab site to introduce a parallel couples only section ?

Sorry gripe over ....just had to get it out there..."

Are you contacting just the couples who are looking for men of your age? Many men just message everyone online and ignore that the person isn't even looking for men.

Scunthorpe

"Hey

Sorry gripe over ....just had to get it out there...

Are you contacting just the couples who are looking for men of your age? Many men just message everyone online and ignore that the person isn't even looking for men. "

Very good point.

OP only message those who are seeking what you can offer... and sent a personalised message.

In all fairness we can't read your approach to those profiles.

Going by what you've wrote at the bottom of your profile, if that is incorporated into your message, I wouldn't be happy....

Scunthorpe

"In all fairness we can't read your approach to those profiles.

Going by what you've wrote at the bottom of your profile, if that is incorporated into your message, I wouldn't be happy....

"

Having it in the profile may be the issue but I would rather be aware up front.

By *anilla-sinCouple  over a year ago

lancs

I do personally think your bio is off putting… you do sound quite aggressive in a kind of way…and I’m trying to be constructive here not offensive… your post above is articulate and polite, your bio isn’t giving me that view… maybe have a think about what you want, because I can tell by your forum post, your bio is a poor reflection of you, and if you have read many a forum thread on this topic, you will know, most go straight to your profile before they decide to even respond.

Good luck x

Mrs x

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

So many off putting things in your profile I’m not surprised. Maybe you need a rethink

"In all fairness we can't read your approach to those profiles.

Having it in the profile may be the issue but I would rather be aware up front."

Definitely...

He shouldn't get any abuse as he's mentioned, no matter what ..

"

"

Absolutely this!

V

Yes buo would put me off. Though doesn't justify an abusive reply.

Like it has been said, your post and bio give different messages, especially the ££.

Like others have said you're bio isn't exactly enticing, also you're pictures aren't great either. Time for an overhaul maybe?

"I do personally think your bio is off putting… you do sound quite aggressive in a kind of way…and I’m trying to be constructive here not offensive… your post above is articulate and polite, your bio isn’t giving me that view… maybe have a think about what you want, because I can tell by your forum post, your bio is a poor reflection of you, and if you have read many a forum thread on this topic, you will know, most go straight to your profile before they decide to even respond.

Good luck x

Mrs x"

wow ? Thanks for taking the time to writing a response. To be honest had even considered that my profile may come across as aggressive. I,ll have another read of it and consider some tweaks. Again thankyou.

"Like others have said you're bio isn't exactly enticing, also you're pictures aren't great either. Time for an overhaul maybe? "

"Yes buo would put me off. Though doesn't justify an abusive reply.

Like it has been said, your post and bio give different messages, especially the ££."

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Maybe don't message couples who are not looking for single men may help, we get loads of messages from people outside what we are looking for

» Add a new message to this topic