FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The one that got away

The one that got away

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do we all have that one girl or guy from when we was younger that we wish now we made a move on?

I'd do we chat now and again as friends still but she's got a fella and kids now and I thought why didn't I just do it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just the one?

I do think if I'd been braver as a teen, my life might had been very different

You can drive yourself dizzy over the 'sliding doors' concept

Be happy for what you have

"Just the one?

I do think if I'd been braver as a teen, my life might had been very different

You can drive yourself dizzy over the 'sliding doors' concept

Be happy for what you have "

I'm not depressed about it lol I was just thinking about being a teen and that came I to my mind,

And yeah prob just her to be honest,

Nope, there was one person I wish something had happened with however nowadays I'm very glad it didn't!

Have met a few in later life that have said that they really liked me when we were younger. Unfortunately I suffered from crippling shyness and would blush so badly that I never asked anyone out.

"Have met a few in later life that have said that they really liked me when we were younger. Unfortunately I suffered from crippling shyness and would blush so badly that I never asked anyone out. "

How did you get over the blushing? Or do you still blush alot?

"Have met a few in later life that have said that they really liked me when we were younger. Unfortunately I suffered from crippling shyness and would blush so badly that I never asked anyone out.

How did you get over the blushing? Or do you still blush alot?"

I still do a bit but nowhere near the amount I used to.

I actively avoided situations where there was a possibility of me blushing but I can control it a bit now with being more confident generally

"Have met a few in later life that have said that they really liked me when we were younger. Unfortunately I suffered from crippling shyness and would blush so badly that I never asked anyone out.

How did you get over the blushing? Or do you still blush alot?

I still do a bit but nowhere near the amount I used to.

I actively avoided situations where there was a possibility of me blushing but I can control it a bit now with being more confident generally "

I blush now and again and with being light skined I feel it don't help,

I'm was a shy kid and used to hate being put on the spot or being centre of attention

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

There was one but I’m glad it didn’t go any further after she turned me down. Turns out she started dated a suspected rapist instead, so I look back on it as dodging a massive bullet.

"There was one but I’m glad it didn’t go any further after she turned me down. Turns out she started dated a suspected rapist instead, so I look back on it as dodging a massive bullet. "

I'm not getting thst, how did you dodge a bullet, surely she was the one who was unlucky in dating this person but how does that make her bad? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.

"There was one but I’m glad it didn’t go any further after she turned me down. Turns out she started dated a suspected rapist instead, so I look back on it as dodging a massive bullet.

I'm not getting thst, how did you dodge a bullet, surely she was the one who was unlucky in dating this person but how does that make her bad? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. "

Same don't get it to be honest

"There was one but I’m glad it didn’t go any further after she turned me down. Turns out she started dated a suspected rapist instead, so I look back on it as dodging a massive bullet.

I'm not getting thst, how did you dodge a bullet, surely she was the one who was unlucky in dating this person but how does that make her bad? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.

Same don't get it to be honest"

Glad it's not just me

Canvey Island

I'm not getting thst, how did you dodge a bullet, surely she was the one who was unlucky in dating this person but how does that make her bad? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. "

Sorry, let me explain a bit further. So I had known her for a while, we were “seeing” each other until this other bloke came onto the scene, so she drifted off with this other guy, fair enough I thought I’d leave it at that as these things happen.

Fast forward a few months, and two of the guys ex’s accuse him of r*pe, went to court etc, but throughout she kept talking as though he was Saint Peter throughout, nothing anyone said to her, the warnings, the red flags etc got through to her, until he was found guilty.

She tried to get things back on with me after that, which I said “No”, as it left a rather bad feeling about her ability to just “drop” someone for someone else quickly.

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

You're chasing Amy.....

Honestly though all your life decisions have lead you here. Are you happy? Who knows what's round the corner.

Sorry, let me explain a bit further. So I had known her for a while, we were “seeing” each other until this other bloke came onto the scene, so she drifted off with this other guy, fair enough I thought I’d leave it at that as these things happen.

Fast forward a few months, and two of the guys ex’s accuse him of r*pe, went to court etc, but throughout she kept talking as though he was Saint Peter throughout, nothing anyone said to her, the warnings, the red flags etc got through to her, until he was found guilty.

She tried to get things back on with me after that, which I said “No”, as it left a rather bad feeling about her ability to just “drop” someone for someone else quickly. "

Still not seeing how she was the bullet dodged tbh. She's had a difficult time and if anyone's dodged a bullet it's her surely? How does the ex's behaviour make her the baddie, unless you're feeling aggrieved because she didn't stay with you. You put 'seeing' each other implying it wasn't serious.

Canvey Island

She tried to get things back on with me after that, which I said “No”, as it left a rather bad feeling about her ability to just “drop” someone for someone else quickly.

Still not seeing how she was the bullet dodged tbh. She's had a difficult time and if anyone's dodged a bullet it's her surely? How does the ex's behaviour make her the baddie, unless you're feeling aggrieved because she didn't stay with you. You put 'seeing' each other implying it wasn't serious. "

I wouldn't say aggrevied, more, at the time, annoyed & upset because of being dropped so suddenly.

As for the seeing part, at the time it did feel serious, I.e. we were meeting up often, doing pretty much everything in a relationship, bar the relationship title (It was a head mess, that I still remember).

To me, it felt like a bullet dodged because of the sudden dropping, but I've moved on now (this was 7 years ago)

No-one. I have always made the right decisions for myself during the course of my love life.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"No-one. I have always made the right decisions for myself during the course of my love life."

This for me too

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

No as I wouldn’t have my boy now if I did.

When I was with my ex I thought this was the case with my ex ex.

But then I realised I just hated my ex more than I hated my my ex ex.

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Yes I do it was when I was 18 .

Even now I wonder what would have happened but I was stupid and did nothing..

X Storm X

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Not really, I've never made moves on anyone

» Add a new message to this topic