FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Personality or looks?

Personality or looks?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do people still a go for someone who is really good looking, somebody who stands out from the crowd? or is it still personality if you get on with that person and have a laugh with them. Went out last night and there was this couple got talking to them and he said that he wouldn't change her for the world because her personality was spot on, she might not be the best looking girl in the room but her personality shine through it was like.. that guy is speaking his truth

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looks.

I’m not looking to have a relationship so I’m going to go for attraction.

I bet she was absolutely made up with hearing she wasn’t the best looking girl.

Ladykiller

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Personally always. I can be laughed into bed ridiculously easily.

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

"I bet she was absolutely made up with hearing she wasn’t the best looking girl.

Ladykiller "

Thats exactly what i was thinking! X

"I bet she was absolutely made up with hearing she wasn’t the best looking girl.

Ladykiller

Thats exactly what i was thinking! X"

Me too

Personality first, they could be ridiculously good looking but a complete moron the minute they chat to you..... that in itself is a massive turn off...

Looks are the initial attraction, but personality decides if you want to be with that person long term.

But you have to have both don’t you, I think, at first to make a relationship properly work. Looks will fade over time but you need to have that “phwoar” factor and a tingle in your tummy at the outset.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Personality first, they could be ridiculously good looking but a complete moron the minute they chat to you..... that in itself is a massive turn off... "

Totally agree

By *ohn123456789999Man  over a year ago

hastings

Depends if I'm only looking for nsa or not if nsa then looks if relationship then personality

By *_elia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

A combination of both personality and looks would be advantageous OP. Thank you.

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

A bit of both but if I had to choose I would say personality

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Personality matters more than looks but I do have to have some level of physical attraction. People can become so much more attractive when you get to see their personality shine.

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

"Personality matters more than looks but I do have to have some level of physical attraction. People can become so much more attractive when you get to see their personality shine."

I totally agree, when you get to know and like someone they become more and more attractive. I find that if i really get on with someone they are the most gorgeous person to me. X

By *ilkchocolate87Man  over a year ago

sw london

Personality is key but Unfortunately the nature of this site makes it 90% looks based

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Do people still a go for someone who is really good looking, somebody who stands out from the crowd? or is it still personality if you get on with that person and have a laugh with them. Went out last night and there was this couple got talking to them and he said that he wouldn't change her for the world because her personality was spot on, she might not be the best looking girl in the room but her personality shine through it was like.. that guy is speaking his truth"

personality makes a big different to how attractive someone is. in reality, a combination of physical attraction and personality are necessary.

cal

Personality more so for me!

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Personality is important

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Looks. You can't really know somebody in a short space of time. Someone can keep up a façade for quite some time

The thing is initial impressions can be misleading personality wise so go for looks and see if there is a personality to back them up

That said, whilst I can recognise textbook good looks, in general, I fancy quite unusual looking people

So, go for what YOU find attractive

I think a true personality starts to show after a few meets

Initial attraction is based on looks, that I have to have them feeling

Personality then decides if that actually happens or not.

By *EXY_PILOTMan  over a year ago

Manchester, North West, UK

Personality always x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I need a bit of both. One without the other does not work for me.

Both

I do feel sorry for the girl but he didn't actually say it to her face he saw was just speaking to me saying that she's not the best looking girl but her personality shines through and that's what he was attracted to

"I do feel sorry for the girl but he didn't actually say it to her face he saw was just speaking to me saying that she's not the best looking girl but her personality shines through and that's what he was attracted to"

Ah, well as long as he was saying it behind her back then eh?

I’d be absolutely furious if my fella was telling guys that I wasn’t the best looking!

If you love someone, they’re the most beautiful thing you’ve ever laid eyes on! (Even if everyone else disagrees!)

"Looks.

I’m not looking to have a relationship so I’m going to go for attraction. "

"Both "

Same.

The looks may peak my interest but their personality gets me into their bed.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Definitely both. Looks first, they attract my attention but to hold it they have to have a good personality x

By *ature BBW Lover 69Man  over a year ago

exeter

Personality, chemistry and how you get on , someone could be really good looking but lack in other places and then to me this isn’t as attractive , for me it’s a whole package

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Do people still a go for someone who is really good looking, somebody who stands out from the crowd? or is it still personality if you get on with that person and have a laugh with them. Went out last night and there was this couple got talking to them and he said that he wouldn't change her for the world because her personality was spot on, she might not be the best looking girl in the room but her personality shine through it was like.. that guy is speaking his truth"

Sometimes people should keep their truth to themselves. Saying something like that to people shows a deep disrespect for their partner as if they need to explain to someone they hardly know why they're with a person whose looks aren't quite up to their high standard.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Both. I can't be attracted to someone just off the aesthetics nowadays, no matter how much I try and will my vagina to be. I need to like their personality, know them a bit as well as like their face and want to kiss it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I do feel sorry for the girl but he didn't actually say it to her face he saw was just speaking to me saying that she's not the best looking girl but her personality shines through and that's what he was attracted to

I’d be absolutely furious if my fella was telling guys that I wasn’t the best looking!

If you love someone, they’re the most beautiful thing you’ve ever laid eyes on! (Even if everyone else disagrees!) "

It's like he's making excuses for being with her.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I need both, looks turn my head, personality makes me stop to get to know someone.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Personality. I don’t go for conventionally good looking men anyway, but so long as I fancy them and I dig their sense of humour and they’re not a tosspot, then I’m good to go.

"I do feel sorry for the girl but he didn't actually say it to her face he saw was just speaking to me saying that she's not the best looking girl but her personality shines through and that's what he was attracted to

If you love someone, they’re the most beautiful thing you’ve ever laid eyes on! (Even if everyone else disagrees!) "

Honestly it's not good that he was saying it behind her back I was a little bit surprised with what came out of his mouth but you could see the love that he had for her opening the door for her making sure that she sat down on the chair yeah she comes in with another guy it's like.. Allo Allo Allo what's going on here then and it's like just bumped into him outside having a smoke for it could come and join me ( her ) and the fella

If you love someone, they’re the most beautiful thing you’ve ever laid eyes on! (Even if everyone else disagrees!)

It's like he's making excuses for being with her. "

I’m told that my ex was ugly, no one could see what I saw in him. Lots would say “eeeee, he’s minging” (my friends!)

I couldn’t take my eyes or hands off him! He was the most gorgeous specimen I’d ever seen to me. Every inch of him was gorgeous! That’s love for you

By *oah VailMan  over a year ago

Dover

"I need both, looks turn my head, personality makes me stop to get to know someone. "

This. Sort of.

Personality generally wins out sooner or later though.

“Both” would be lovely, but compromise is key.

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

I can confirm that personality seems to work well as I look like Gollum and im not a virgin… charity shags are acceptable also!!

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

With any form of physicality there’s has to some related emotional human connection…to use an van tam anology you would never buy a house just by looking at it from the outside.. Maybe that's what a person's personality is: the difference between the inside and outside..so for me personality is a key factor hence a social coffee and cake is a prerequisite ..xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Honestly it's not good that he was saying it behind her back I was a little bit surprised with what came out of his mouth but you could see the love that he had for her opening the door for her making sure that she sat down on the chair yeah she comes in with another guy it's like.. Allo Allo Allo what's going on here then and it's like just bumped into him outside having a smoke for it could come and join me ( her ) and the fella"

Why do you think he said it to someone he hardly knew?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 15/01/22 10:30:38]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I’m told that my ex was ugly, no one could see what I saw in him. Lots would say “eeeee, he’s minging” (my friends!)

I couldn’t take my eyes or hands off him! He was the most gorgeous specimen I’d ever seen to me. Every inch of him was gorgeous! That’s love for you "

People have never commented negatively on my partners looks. They wouldn't dare

The thing is last night went out so people were getting a little bit d*unk my mate went to the toilet so I just got talking to him and he said that they met on match and they hit it off from there he was no spring chicken lol

Personality attracts me, looks keep me interested, shape..couldn't care less

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Dudley

[Looks long been removed by poster and replaced with persona at 15/1/22 10:35:01]

I couldn’t take my eyes or hands off him! He was the most gorgeous specimen I’d ever seen to me. Every inch of him was gorgeous! That’s love for you "

And that is love for you and the end of the day it's how you feel forget about anyone else if that person makes you happy it's all about you as a person it's not about if your friends or family say what are you doing with him what are you doing with her it's all about your persona if you like the guy or you like the girl your opinion

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The thing is last night went out so people were getting a little bit d*unk my mate went to the toilet so I just got talking to him and he said that they met on match and they hit it off from there he was no spring chicken lol"

Sounds like a match made in heaven

Dudley

"Personality attracts me, looks keep me interested, shape..couldn't care less "

The shape of things to cum..?

"Personality attracts me, looks keep me interested, shape..couldn't care less

The shape of things to cum..? "

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

To be honest I don’t tend to go for the really good looking, stand out from the crowd types.

I have to like the face though. If I’m not attracted to the face it won’t matter about anything else anyway x

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

It's always going to be a combination. We don't want to get it on with anybody we don't get on well with, and we don't want to get it on with anybody we have no physical attraction to.

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

"Initial attraction is based on looks, that I have to have them feeling

Personality then decides if that actually happens or not. "

Good way of summing it up. There has to be an initial attraction to make you want to find out about the personality. Then that will either increase or decrease attraction.

Personality or looks?? Hmmm has to be personality first then looks I would rather have fun than been bored

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr southend

I think as a lot of others have said there has to be some physical attraction to the person initially but it's the personality that will keep me coming back for more.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

How do you all decide whether or not to find out more about someone if you just have a picture and short message to go on?

"Personally always. I can be laughed into bed ridiculously easily."

Good to know as I'm sure I've got a couple of funny bones which might give me the edge lol

Dudley

The shape of things to cum..? "

Smartie pants

By *entative_steps7781Couple  over a year ago

Home

There has to be something about their look that I am attracted to to start with, but personality is what seals the deal. If I can't chat to you post fuck, I'm not gonna be getting in bed with you

MJ x

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr southend

"How do you all decide whether or not to find out more about someone if you just have a picture and short message to go on?"

If the message is interesting and I like the pic I would go have a pervert of their profile, see what other pics they have, see what detail they have in their bio and what veris they have visable and go from there.

The shape of things to cum..?

Smartie pants "

good reference

Ladykiller

Thats exactly what i was thinking! X

Me too "

With a love to drop you a message but not looking for single guys well thanks for giving my picture a fab

Has to be an attraction in the first place but personality is what turns it from a one off to something more

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How do you all decide whether or not to find out more about someone if you just have a picture and short message to go on?

If the message is interesting and I like the pic I would go have a pervert of their profile, see what other pics they have, see what detail they have in their bio and what veris they have visable and go from there."

Ok. I often wonder because the very rare messages we get complimenting our personalities are never from people who want to meet us but the slightly more frequent ones we get from people complimenting our looks are.

To me this either says that on here people are more focused on looks or people who are attracted to good personality are not attracted to us .

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I love people who are confident, intelligent and empathetic so if she has all three of those qualities I’ll be drawn to her. If she also has an infectious laugh I’ll fall in love with her.

Obviously I need to have some sexual attraction or our sex life would be terrible, but personality is my main draw towards someone these days.

By *ocky82Man  over a year ago

Watford

Looks initially

By *t my DesiresWoman  over a year ago

Bitchville

Personality- gotta have something to talk about in between lol

By *ihimbiherCouple  over a year ago

lightwater

Looks when we were younger, now we’re old and wise so personality all the way.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Absolutely this. I'd be fuming no matter who he said it to. Regardless of whether it is true in his view or not it isn't something that anyone should be saying about their partner!

Personally, it depends where and how I met the person. But if their looks OR personality aren't making me smile, then it is a no from me.

By *addy bareMan  over a year ago

lakeside

A pretty face and a personality for me and any body size.

Didn't we do this yesterday?

Ugly people will say personality as its there only hope and us beautiful people will pick looks because we can get the better quality partner and I have soup in a mug,never a bowl....freaks

Needs to be a bit of both

Both for me has to be an attraction but also like a lady with a personality.

Both but personality will always have the edge over looks. Couldn't meet someone who was gorgeous but there was something of what I was looking for missing in their personality

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Sense of humour and good line in chat goes a long way.

» Add a new message to this topic