FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Free socks

Free socks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

An energy company has been criticized for handing out free socks.. Why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Why? Because it's a bit of a piss take when people are so cold and broke they're already living in just one room with their kids under duvets as they're so cold with poor housing and not being able to afford to turn the heat on, and these dickheads arr making a gimmick out of it and giving them socks.

Poor poor taste.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d like some free socks.

Which one is it?

My big toe is pokey through loads of my current rotation.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Why? Because it's a bit of a piss take when people are so cold and broke they're already living in just one room with their kids under duvets as they're so cold with poor housing and not being able to afford to turn the heat on, and these dickheads arr making a gimmick out of it and giving them socks.

Poor poor taste. "

I was raised in a house with no central heating and we had one coal fire in the living room. We slept with sheets, then eider downs and coats on top to keep warm.. so what is the point ?

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Why? Because it's a bit of a piss take when people are so cold and broke they're already living in just one room with their kids under duvets as they're so cold with poor housing and not being able to afford to turn the heat on, and these dickheads arr making a gimmick out of it and giving them socks.

Poor poor taste.

I was raised in a house with no central heating and we had one coal fire in the living room. We slept with sheets, then eider downs and coats on top to keep warm.. so what is the point ?"

Cool, that was forty years ago. People shouldn't be having to choose to keep warm or eat to start with today but they are. Imagine you're in that situation and then the energy company rubs your nose in how cold it is...

LvM

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Poor poor taste.

I was raised in a house with no central heating and we had one coal fire in the living room. We slept with sheets, then eider downs and coats on top to keep warm.. so what is the point ?"

In Ireland we had the same. But watch some of Paul brand's itv news reports on the poor state of housing. It's incomparable.

» Add a new message to this topic