FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not my type

Not my type

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This may come across weird, but I appreciate this response from people who I have messaged. I think it shows that the person is polite, for at least responding to your message which I can appreciate and lays down a boundary for where I stand.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I think that if you spent a day in a woman’s shoes on here and had to write “not my type” to 100s of messages a day just to be considered polite by strangers you’d change your tune quite quickly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think that if you spent a day in a woman’s shoes on here and had to write “not my type” to 100s of messages a day just to be considered polite by strangers you’d change your tune quite quickly "

By *omerset1976Man  over a year ago

Burnham

I’d much rather have that response than non at all. I do too sometimes if the other person simply isn’t my type. Keep things simple.

"This may come across weird, but I appreciate this response from people who I have messaged. I think it shows that the person is polite, for at least responding to your message which I can appreciate and lays down a boundary for where I stand."

And if they don't reply you're not compatible so no time wasted.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Personally I'd never tell anyone they weren't my type. Adults understand that if you're politely telling them you aren't going to meet it follows that you're not what they're looking for.

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I think that if you spent a day in a woman’s shoes on here and had to write “not my type” to 100s of messages a day just to be considered polite by strangers you’d change your tune quite quickly "

This....

I think when my partner is on here with her bio saying 'on here for existing friends only', she will get like 20+ messages anyway.

But I do get you. First day back yesterday and my 1 message to someone new is just instant deleted. Still shake it off OP. It's still good to be here right?

There is an automated ‘sorry not my type/not interested’ feature already built into fab.

It’s the delete message button. Tells me all I need to know if I experience it.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Most ladies would need to hire a PA to manage their inboxes.

Ohhh & need a career change

So would you say it’s impolite to not respond with that OP?

It’s in the FAQS no reply - not interested

Women get a lot of messages simply nobody really has the time to reply to everyone.

If they did message you saying “you are no my type” they most likely would get a follow up message “but why”. Which could then lead to potential abuse…

Not replying is the same outcome as telling you you aren’t someone’s type

All I was saying was in my experience of receiving ‘you’re not my type’ replies, I have appreciated those responses.

I completely understand the points made and that women will get an incredibly high volume of messages on here, and it probably isn’t feasible to reply to all of them without hiring a PA, nor am I saying they should reply to every single message.

I think some of you are looking into what I haven’t said, more than what I have said on this post.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"All I was saying was in my experience of receiving ‘you’re not my type’ replies, I have appreciated those responses.

I completely understand the points made and that women will get an incredibly high volume of messages on here, and it probably isn’t feasible to reply to all of them without hiring a PA, nor am I saying they should reply to every single message.

I think some of you are looking into what I haven’t said, more than what I have said on this post."

I think we’re all just wondering why you decided to make a random post about it then?

Like what did you wanna gain from this?

“I like it when someone says I’m not their type”

The end

Queue crickets

Sadly OP, we have many of similar posts on here on a weekly basis - so your not alone - but do remember we outnumber the ladies massively and one of my fem friends get something like 100 + messages a day to fend off

"All I was saying was in my experience of receiving ‘you’re not my type’ replies, I have appreciated those responses.

I think some of you are looking into what I haven’t said, more than what I have said on this post.

I think we’re all just wondering why you decided to make a random post about it then?

Like what did you wanna gain from this?

“I like it when someone says I’m not their type”

The end

Queue crickets

"

I’ll tell the whole of fab they must speak to you before they post something in a forum then.

I hope you’re okay, you must be having a bad day

I think some of you are looking into what I haven’t said, more than what I have said on this post."

I agree it's nice to get a reply, even if it's a "no".

No response is pretty shit when it happens all the time.

Message them incessantly until they give in and come around to your way of thinking.

Panoramic dick pictures help.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It is polite but for every no thank you I send I then open up myself to repeat messages when they wish to try their "luck" again....

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I take no reply as a no thanks but it is nice when someone does take the time to say not for us/ me.

I replied to someone a few months ago saying "sorry not my type". I don't say that now.

Then in a forum thread I admitted I don't really have a type.

The guy messaged and had a go at me. THREE MONTHS LATER.

"I replied to someone a few months ago saying "sorry not my type". I don't say that now.

The guy messaged and had a go at me. THREE MONTHS LATER. "

When are you meeting him?

"This may come across weird, but I appreciate this response from people who I have messaged. I think it shows that the person is polite, for at least responding to your message which I can appreciate and lays down a boundary for where I stand."

Definitely says a lot about them

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

This is why I block everyone. Nobody is my type and I don't have time for that number of messages.

"I replied to someone a few months ago saying "sorry not my type". I don't say that now.

The guy messaged and had a go at me. THREE MONTHS LATER.

When are you meeting him? "

The far side of NEVER

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I politely declined s someone the other day, then he asks why, I say not what I'm looking for, he says but I have pretty eyes ... Then offers me money to sleep with him.

"I politely declined s someone the other day, then he asks why, I say not what I'm looking for, he says but I have pretty eyes ... Then offers me money to sleep with him. "

Think we've had a message from the same guy happened to us yesterday xxx

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

As much as it may seem polite to respond that way, it's also not impolite to want to protect yourself from potential abuse, extra messages in response to your response, and leaving your inbox accessible to that person if you decide to hide your profile for whatever reason.

» Add a new message to this topic