Chelmsford

Anybody been involved in one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've only been involved in thumb wars.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We had a sun lounger war with some Germans. Technically we were parking our bums

By *91kMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Anybody been involved in one?"

Do you mean arguing with a traffic warden over a ticket?

Or people parking like wankers

"I've only been involved in thumb wars. "

Ooh I like thumb wars

"I've only been involved in thumb wars.

Ooh I like thumb wars"

Fancy a thumb?

yes ...cctv sorted it as we had proof of people parking unlawfuly the council and the hightways got involved it was not a neightbour thing it was people parking and walking to work leaving cars blocking driveways and road access fines were given out .... we are awaiting lines to be put down now too

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"yes ...cctv sorted it as we had proof of people parking unlawfuly the council and the hightways got involved it was not a neightbour thing it was people parking and walking to work leaving cars blocking driveways and road access fines were given out .... we are awaiting lines to be put down now too"

In my city a lot of the residential areas close to the city, the train station and the hospital had to become permanent holder only zones. Too many people choosing to park up for free on residential streets close by rather than pay extortionate parking charges. Understandable but very annoying for the people living there. After all nurses do very long shifts (if only there was a government that kept its word about free NHS staff parking) and folk working in London often park up first thing in the morning and don't drive off again after 7pm.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"We had a sun lounger war with some Germans. Technically we were parking our bums "

Ooooooo sun bed reserving isn't allowed anymore. One good thing about some "new" rules

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"yes ...cctv sorted it as we had proof of people parking unlawfuly the council and the hightways got involved it was not a neightbour thing it was people parking and walking to work leaving cars blocking driveways and road access fines were given out .... we are awaiting lines to be put down now too"

Lines also affect you and your visitors/workers.

So does permit holders dont forget your temproary permit pass as well for visitors and workers that you also need yearly.

As goes for parking you dont own the road or the kerb many think they do when its infront of there house.

large vans cannot be parked infront of warning signs more so if vehicle is parked on the kerb.

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I used to have a neighbour who complained about me parking my van outside my house in the road because he couldn't see properly to back out of his drive into s relatively busy road. I suggested he might want to back on to his drive so he could drive out forward but didn't choose to.

Ooh I like thumb wars

Fancy a thumb?"

Throw in a finger and you’ve got yourself a deal

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Not sure if this is a parking war but I mention it. On a few occasions some inconsiderate people have parked over my drop down kerb making my life awkward so I just call the council they come and put a ticket and they get a £60 fine after that they don’t do it again

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Yes some twat near us deicide a parking space in the car park behind his house was his, and complained about everyone and anything that parked there, he didn't even have a car Ffs

By *iss KissWoman  over a year ago

near Coventry

Oh God yes. Horrible time for me. I ended up getting a camera for the drive as I was so worried.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

No but my local community FaceBook group has some amazing parking wars

Always get the popcorn ready for them

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"I used to have a neighbour who complained about me parking my van outside my house in the road because he couldn't see properly to back out of his drive into s relatively busy road. I suggested he might want to back on to his drive so he could drive out forward but didn't choose to."

Isn’t that the rule in the Highway Code? You shouldn’t be reversing out of a driveway onto a road you should reverse onto driveways?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Yes some twat near us deicide a parking space in the car park behind his house was his, and complained about everyone and anything that parked there, he didn't even have a car Ffs"

But was it his allocated space ?

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Yes some twat near us deicide a parking space in the car park behind his house was his, and complained about everyone and anything that parked there, he didn't even have a car Ffs

But was it his allocated space ?"

No

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Is that the next in Disney's Star Wars franchise?

Ooh I like thumb wars

Fancy a thumb?

Throw in a finger and you’ve got yourself a deal "

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

Yes lots!Hate them. - fem.

Someone once honked to try and get me out a parking space quicker... I just had to sit there until they had gone.....

» Add a new message to this topic