By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Obscene wealth or great living? Parties for dogs ffs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've never been inside.

I hated Dubai with a passion i cant see the fascination with the place, it was soulless

"I hated Dubai with a passion i cant see the fascination with the place, it was soulless "

I agree, it felt fake and made up, like a theme park!! Horrible fucking place

I don’t understand how people love that place ….

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

Not interested in the slightest.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Been there once. Once was quite enough.

Fareham

"Not interested in the slightest."

Though you commented?

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I watched about 20 seconds of this program and a lady would not answer a question as "she liked living there" ! Just about sums up the place! Men rule, women have no rights! Welcome to the 21st century the middle east !

Fareham

Sharia Law but pockets where westerners can drink.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Only thing I like about Dubai is the winter sun and brunches. Other than that it’s like a taller Milton Keynes in the desert.

As Simon Cowell once said - it’s a no from me

"I watched about 20 seconds of this program and a lady would not answer a question as "she liked living there" ! Just about sums up the place! Men rule, women have no rights! Welcome to the 21st century the middle east !"

Also it’s shocking how Filipino maids and other low paid workers get paid £300 if they are lucky! And have to be thankful for it as well….

Modern day sl4very at its best

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

"I watched about 20 seconds of this program and a lady would not answer a question as "she liked living there" ! Just about sums up the place! Men rule, women have no rights! Welcome to the 21st century the middle east !

Also it’s shocking how Filipino maids and other low paid workers get paid £300 if they are lucky! And have to be thankful for it as well….

Modern day sl4very at its best "

But they live rent free in the millionaire’s mansion they work for and don’t pay out for food and it’s their choice to send the money back to their family in which ever country they come from as they earn a lot more money in Dubai than back home wouldn’t call that sl4very

"I watched about 20 seconds of this program and a lady would not answer a question as "she liked living there" ! Just about sums up the place! Men rule, women have no rights! Welcome to the 21st century the middle east !

Modern day sl4very at its best But they live rent free in the millionaire’s mansion they work for and don’t pay out for food and it’s their choice to send the money back to their family in which ever country they come from as they earn a lot more money in Dubai than back home wouldn’t call that sl4very"

Often not free to leave though. Passports taken.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Been there many times, disliked it intensely, as others have said, soulless, fake and the way that people from south east and east Asia (who do most of the construction, service jobs etc.) are treated is not great.

Modern day sl4very at its best But they live rent free in the millionaire’s mansion they work for and don’t pay out for food and it’s their choice to send the money back to their family in which ever country they come from as they earn a lot more money in Dubai than back home wouldn’t call that sl4very

Often not free to leave though. Passports taken."

Exactly! Also … is it really justifiable to say, take £300 but you get to live in a huge house and pay no food?

Hmmm

Also, Dubai has been known to get super cheap labour to build their skyscrapers… it is smoke and mirrors over there.

there are plenty of jobs where people make peanuts here for instance just eat Uber eats deliveroo drivers make 4-5 pound per hour

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I hated Dubai with a passion i cant see the fascination with the place, it was soulless "

Me too. I didn’t see the fascination at all.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Modern day sl4very at its best But they live rent free in the millionaire’s mansion they work for and don’t pay out for food and it’s their choice to send the money back to their family in which ever country they come from as they earn a lot more money in Dubai than back home wouldn’t call that sl4very

Often not free to leave though. Passports taken."

And usually NOT housed in the millionaire's mansion, but in "servants quarters" in a separate building on the land or nearby. Quality - variable.

Source: the students I've taught for nearly 10yrs

"I hated Dubai with a passion i cant see the fascination with the place, it was soulless

I don’t understand how people love that place …. "

Cos theyre horrible ppl who are equally fake and soulless. Theyre attracted to such places like flies are drawn to a steaming turd in the desert heat

Well, the whole place was built on sla.very and human misery.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

And usually NOT housed in the millionaire's mansion, but in "servants quarters" in a separate building on the land or nearby. Quality - variable.

Source: the students I've taught for nearly 10yrs"

Even so it’s still better than the tin shack back in their homeland. These people choose to work there because it’s better than where they come from no one puts a gun to their head and says you got to work in Dubai they do through choice

I don’t like Dubai.

But then I also don’t overly like people so it was already at a disadvantage.

The Irish bar in the airport used to be good though, that’s the only positive I have.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"I hated Dubai with a passion i cant see the fascination with the place, it was soulless

From my experience people are more in love with being associated with Dubai than what it has to offer

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Even so it’s still better than the tin shack back in their homeland. These people choose to work there because it’s better than where they come from no one puts a gun to their head and says you got to work in Dubai they do through choice "

Indeed, the choice between "rock" and "hard place" is an enviable one to have.

By *evw123Man  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Bone head

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s not all bad, really nice beaches , good ex pat scene , no crime but on the whole I agree , pretty soulless but good to push your career and make money for a while , so many people I know go for a year and end up staying much longer. You make it work

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Even so it’s still better than the tin shack back in their homeland. These people choose to work there because it’s better than where they come from no one puts a gun to their head and says you got to work in Dubai they do through choice

Indeed, the choice between "rock" and "hard place" is an enviable one to have. "

And many brits face a similar choice , a couple of years there can put you in a really good position to buy property and pay off debts back home. It’s not that much worse to living/commuting in London, in many ways it’s better. It can be a really good adventure, and you clan have a lot of fun , people are people no matter where in the world they are, and there’s a huge amount of opportunities. The metro is good, accommodation is good, winters are lovely , everyone is in the same boat so meeting people and making friends is easily

By *icouplefun2funCouple  over a year ago

glasgow/Doha

We have been living here for years, but in Abu Dhabi, its a hell of a lot better than Dubai.

but still has a lot of the same issues

» Add a new message to this topic