How is your relationship with food

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Terrible.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"How is your relationship with food"

It’s very loyal. I love it and eat nothing else and never will.

I see food and eat it. Lately I've had a big junk food problem. Not that anyone would notice thanks to a high metabolism haha.

It used to be horrific.

But, with help from my coach, and my own new found discipline, it’s so much better.

Very pleasurable

By *LheadMan  over a year ago

Chester

Surprisingly enough I sometimes feel guilty when I've eaten too many sweet things or junk food or snacks etc, however not to the point where I'll take drastic action to rectify my guilt.

I don't think there's anything wrong in feeling shit about your diet or eating habits as long as you don't do anything drastic to try and correct it. Try make small changes over a period of time is what usually works best.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Good food is a passion for us.

We enjoy cooking, going to nice restaurants.

We over indulge at times and then we have to revert to reduced portions/healthier foods but life is about living and so it’s getting that balance right…

K

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I fucked a pie once, does that count?

I'd say it was pretty normal. Although I can go a few days without eating anything substantial. That's usually when I simple don't have the time (poor excuse I know) or I don't have an appetite, either because of illness or being frustrated with things beyond my control. I haven't eaten properly in a few days and I can't see my appetite coming back anytime soon.

Stressed comes to mind.

Since my accident it's been terrible, too much easy junk and baking too many cakes and eating them!!

Had many relationships with food but they always leave me in the end.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Gained so much weight due to eating naughty food. Forever self sabotaging, leading to self-loathing, leading to eating crap... I need a healthy house mate to lead me away from temptation and deliver me some salad

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

One of the most important things in my life.

Far more interested in spending money on good quality ingredients and high quality dining experiences that most other areas of discretionary expenditure.

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

Friendly, respectful, dirty at times.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Superb nowadays.

Now all the old science that was funded by the sugar lobyy is discredited, the new science is coming out and showing up what we thought we knew.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Gained so much weight due to eating naughty food. Forever self sabotaging, leading to self-loathing, leading to eating crap... I need a healthy house mate to lead me away from temptation and deliver me some salad "

Best we can do is steak and eggs.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Complicated!

I turned around my fixation and addiction to food once I understood what was driving it, by abandoning carbs 14 years ago.

I've slipped many times but always come back because I retrained my 'vision' of that sort of food and it's helped that I went from almost 21 stones to my avatar pic. It made me smug, as did the resulting huge improvement in health.

Two years ago I went pure carnivore and it will stay that way until I die or get a terminal illness and if that ever happens, I have a special menu all planned out which will result in my corpse being winched out through a removed window by a crane.

Dumping carbs set me free.

London

"Superb nowadays.

Now all the old science that was funded by the sugar lobyy is discredited, the new science is coming out and showing up what we thought we knew."

*waves to fellow enlightened humans*

Phenomenal

Better lately, although in a rough patch at the moment... After Christmas is always tough. Had some great breakthroughs in the past year or so though, so with each fuck-up I still make some progress even if it's just mental

It isn’t naturally good. At all. I have a fairly ‘all or nothing’ personality, so either I’m being very good (and I have lost a fair bit of weight, to be fair) or fucking awful

London

"Surprisingly enough I sometimes feel guilty when I've eaten too many sweet things or junk food or snacks etc, however not to the point where I'll take drastic action to rectify my guilt.

I don't think there's anything wrong in feeling shit about your diet or eating habits as long as you don't do anything drastic to try and correct it. Try make small changes over a period of time is what usually works best. "

Some folks have to do drastic things.

Cold turkey for me as I was one of those people who would pour washing liquid over food leftovers in the bin in the hope it would stop me from eating them but I often washed it off and ate it anyway.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"How is your relationship with food

Complicated!

I turned around my fixation and addiction to food once I understood what was driving it, by abandoning carbs 14 years ago.

I've slipped many times but always come back because I retrained my 'vision' of that sort of food and it's helped that I went from almost 21 stones to my avatar pic. It made me smug, as did the resulting huge improvement in health.

Two years ago I went pure carnivore and it will stay that way until I die or get a terminal illness and if that ever happens, I have a special menu all planned out which will result in my corpse being winched out through a removed window by a crane.

"

Fellow Carnivore!

C

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

My relationship with food is so one sided as it's always me that swallows

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Deeply unhealthy but very slowly improving.

London

Complicated!

Fellow Carnivore!

C"

I knew it!!!!!!

What's the betting we are on the same Facebook groups?

I don't really snack, I don't have a sweet tooth. I sometimes eat things that are convenient rather than good for me, and I could do with loosing a stone, but it doesn't worry me.

Awful

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

It's been a lot better since I started going to the gym. Before, I would eat out of convenience and it would be ok but now I can make proper meals and prep them too and even though I can't help snacking, I'll make sure they're something like fruit or nuts or rice cakes.

I do indulge on the weekend though which I could improve but it's a bit harder without the structure of the working week.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

On the whole it isn't bad. I enjoy my food. However, I also get moderate 'reflux'...but I'm too lazy to figure out which foodstuffs are the culprits.

London

"On the whole it isn't bad. I enjoy my food. However, I also get moderate 'reflux'...but I'm too lazy to figure out which foodstuffs are the culprits. "

Carbs usually.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Love/hate. From birth we are encouraged to see food as reward and entertainment, so not surprisingly we all have challenges at times. Breaking the cycle is nigh impossible where so many make a living selling it to you.

Sometimes wonder if there should be a state sponsored all-in-one food (like pet food) that gives you all you need nutritionally - to reset the approach to food

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Awful.

Always has been and as far as I can see always will be.

I'm a yo yo dieter but when I get to my slim range I freak out (mainly due to guys seeing me differently, I can't handle it) so I eat again and it just goes round and round I keep saying this is the year... And I'm 40 this year so I really want it to be the year but I'm yet to make substantial changes for October.....

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Horrific but attempting to improve it with C's help.

P

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

I knew it!!!!!!

What's the betting we are on the same Facebook groups?"

Probably low as I tend to do mine via Instagram. I've not massively looked into Facebook but would be willing to look given a nudge on where to look

Pretty good these days!

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Love/hate. From birth we are encouraged to see food as reward and entertainment, so not surprisingly we all have challenges at times. Breaking the cycle is nigh impossible where so many make a living selling it to you.

Sometimes wonder if there should be a state sponsored all-in-one food (like pet food) that gives you all you need nutritionally - to reset the approach to food "

The State are responsible for the mess people eat now and they are still using debunked science to say what is healthy. Do you want Soylent Green?

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Pretty good ...got fast metabolism so can eat wot I want .but last few years cut out goin 2 cafe instead toast banana. So yes quite good balance x

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

Fantastic, I love food. I'm also one of those lucky people who can eat just about anything they want and don't put weight on. My wife hates me

By *ammyjayneWoman  over a year ago

hull

Terrible. I actively avoid meal times. Hence why laid in bath on here at lunchtime.

FABWatch HQ

Sometimes wonder if there should be a state sponsored all-in-one food (like pet food) that gives you all you need nutritionally - to reset the approach to food

The State are responsible for the mess people eat now and they are still using debunked science to say what is healthy. Do you want Soylent Green? "

Capitalism is overwhelmingly why we eat what we eat, not the State. Not sure what science you mean specifically but agree there is a lot of poor research, in part because there is little money to be made *now* in making people eat less - of course it saves huge amounts in the future!

Soylent green is contentious but protein is protein try reading Stranger in a Strange Land for an alternative view

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"t Soylent Green?

Capitalism is overwhelmingly why we eat what we eat, not the State. Not sure what science you mean specifically but agree there is a lot of poor research, in part because there is little money to be made *now* in making people eat less - of course it saves huge amounts in the future!

Soylent green is contentious but protein is protein try reading Stranger in a Strange Land for an alternative view "

Capitalism is merely a economic model. I think you mean cronyism and corporatism which are both proponents of totalitarianism.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 14:06:05]

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Soylent green is contentious but protein is protein try reading Stranger in a Strange Land for an alternative view"

I pressed post before I said this...

Different proteins are not the same, much like not all carbs are similar. It is never quite so simple with food let alone the nitty gritty. The question is always one of quality.

By *herry OnatopWoman  over a year ago

Just over there

Very poor but I am working on it. Surprisingly having covid has affected my eating habits for the better. My palate has changed and I'm finding I'm hungry every couple of hours. I'm now grazing all day as well as encouraging myself to have 3 small meals.

I don't enjoy food, I really wish I could and its something I will change this year!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I know I have to eat to survive but sometimes forget to

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have a good relationship with food which is surprising given my mother's terrible relationship with it. It's to her credit that she didn't pass it on.

I don't think of food in terms of good and bad and I don't feel guilty for eating certain things. I only realised how lucky I am when I worked with two women who were Slimming World people. They were obsessed with food to the point of being boring.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

More frequent than I have the willpower to prevent.

By *atricia Parnel OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I fucked a pie once, does that count?"

Why ruin a good pie......

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I eat too much of it. That’s it really!

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I love food and for the past few years I have been eating pretty much what I want when I want and still not gaining weight. It's been a long journey to here though

FABWatch HQ

"Soylent green is contentious but protein is protein try reading Stranger in a Strange Land for an alternative view

I pressed post before I said this...

Different proteins are not the same, much like not all carbs are similar. It is never quite so simple with food let alone the nitty gritty. The question is always one of quality. "

True. Not all are the same. But we have evolved to be pretty good at extracting what we need from our wildly varying diets. Problem *is* the quantity, and (over)availability, which our systems have no mechanism to deal with if the will is lacking. We are physiologically geared to famine but too many live in a constant feast.

FABWatch HQ

"t Soylent Green?

Soylent green is contentious but protein is protein try reading Stranger in a Strange Land for an alternative view

Capitalism is merely a economic model. I think you mean cronyism and corporatism which are both proponents of totalitarianism. "

It is an economic model that has no conscience or social consideration beyond an awareness that killing consumers too quickly damages the market. Cronyism etc can occur in many practical economic models (we don't have any pure ones - human nature prevents it). I focussed on Capitalism as it is arguably the worst offender that can occur within a democracy or non-totalitarian system. Whatever people are willing to pay for will be supplied, and whatever can be supplied a demand will be found (or created) - till it is hard to tell what you need from what manufacturers want to supply. Food is a great example.

It’s ok. I am very strict with my diet, and if I waver then it makes me feel guilty.

I sometimes use it as something I can control, if things are happening beyond my control, which isn’t very healthy. Despite that, the food I eat is generally very good.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

On the run up to Christmas, we fell deeply in love and couldn't get enough of each other.

I'm starting to see some red flags though, and have a feeling it's not a healthy relationship.

I think I'm going to have to reduce the amount of times we get together

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"On the run up to Christmas, we fell deeply in love and couldn't get enough of each other.

I'm starting to see some red flags though, and have a feeling it's not a healthy relationship.

I think I'm going to have to reduce the amount of times we get together "

. Love this

Better then it should be

Food is not my friend. I am now a decent size 30 waist - previously I was struggling to fit into a 38, so I am always wary of eating anything that may make me put weight back on. Happily though I've been constant at my new size for 2 years now, so I can eat what I want as long as there's a bit of exercise sometime in the following days, which there is - that was another thing I didn't exercise before, so I think I've got the balance right now.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I can’t remember a time when I ate a meal without feeling guilty .In my younger days I suffered with bulimia .These days I tend to distract myself after a meal I go for a walk or do a jigsaw.I see eating more of a necessity than something to enjoy.

» Add a new message to this topic