FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Animal lovers

Animal lovers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *esthetic21 OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I've had this debate a few times over the years. And personally think you can't call yourself an animal lover if you eat meat. Discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d have to disagree, I’m too busy for a full discussion though so just that, I disagree

Another can of worms opened up on the forums again

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Not sure on this one! Get what u mean! Maybe some are selective animal lovers? Even rats imo are as important an animal as say a elephant? And indeed I dont see human animals as more important than any other animal! Just my opinion of course x

Disagree. Animal lovers will come in a variety of intensity and definitions and not everyone will like all species of animals.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I love animals & eat meat. I have worked on farms. if we did not eat meat few animals would be kept as they are expensive to feed house & look after, better a short well fed life than no life at all?

ashford

"I love animals & eat meat. I have worked on farms. if we did not eat meat few animals would be kept as they are expensive to feed house & look after, better a short well fed life than no life at all? "

Would disagree with that x

By *ternal PunishmentCouple  over a year ago

The Abyss

I'm an animal lover and have 2 dogs... I don't eat meat but I think that's more of a health choice for me and tbf never really enjoyed eating it..

But my husband eats meat.. and loves to go fishing..

Think it's very much and individuals choice.. I'd never try and convince someone who likes eating meat not to... I have encouraged less meat eating days to the rest of the family so they have at least one day meat free. That's more an environmental and health thing though

I disagree you can still be an animal lover it’s cognitive dissonance.

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Eating meat and bien animal lover are 2 separate issues ..x

"Disagree. Animal lovers will come in a variety of intensity and definitions and not everyone will like all species of animals."

Ive known a couple of people who called themselves 'animal lovers' and actually they were animal collectors. These two people both had lots of pets, mostly in small cages. Their houses stank and it was clear that the caged pets cages were not cleaned out regularly. Is this really loving animals or just loving collecting them?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I love my animals and I eat meat. So I guess you can.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I love my animals and I eat meat. So I guess you can. "

I love animals and I'm a Butcher so what's that make me then haha

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I dont eat meat...but it's because I don't like it, not because I love animals x

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I love my animals and I eat meat. So I guess you can.

I love animals and I'm a Butcher so what's that make me then haha "

Unemployed if you love animals. You can’t be both

Den of Iniquity

Unemployed if you love animals. You can’t be both "

Apparently not

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Disagree. Animal lovers will come in a variety of intensity and definitions and not everyone will like all species of animals.

Ive known a couple of people who called themselves 'animal lovers' and actually they were animal collectors. These two people both had lots of pets, mostly in small cages. Their houses stank and it was clear that the caged pets cages were not cleaned out regularly. Is this really loving animals or just loving collecting them?"

you can imagine what would happen if you scale this up to cows pigs & sheep

ashford

A selective animal lover?? X

I'm only vegan because I hate plants

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

"I'm only vegan because I hate plants "
I'm a carnivore, because I love plants.

By *andsome HandMan  over a year ago

roundabout

I'm an animal lover, they're super and I don't see how being a meat eater changes that. If anything it only strengthens my point, I love some so much because of how tasty they are.

I get where you're coming from OP, I grew up on a farm and my ex wondered how I could help raise animals but also be a meat lover.

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

But if you love bacon, that's true love,, Right,,

ashford

"But if you love bacon, that's true love,, Right,, "

I love the smell of it cooking x

If you love animals and plants then you’re proper fucked then eh?

ashford

"If you love animals and plants then you’re proper fucked then eh?"

Yes but plants dont have little faces? Maybe sunflowers do? X

What do you feed your carnivorous pets? Meat of some sort in most cases.

By *ockey64Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

We are biologically omnivores. Stomach and teeth structure. I love both meat and vegetables. Also have a dog who eats meat based food and not m a keen gardener. I eat what I grow.

ashford

"What do you feed your carnivorous pets? Meat of some sort in most cases. "

Of course! I feed my family meat as well as I dont judge others? Their choice! The question here is if u can b an animal lover and still eat them? X

By *ockey64Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

We are biologically omnivores. Stomach and teeth structure. I love both meat and vegetables. Also have a dog who eats meat based food and l m a keen gardener. I eat what I grow.

ashford

"We are biologically omnivores. Stomach and teeth structure. I love both meat and vegetables. Also have a dog who eats meat based food and l m a keen gardener. I eat what I grow. "

I loved eating meat really miss it! Just became a moral issue for me! I cant wait to get back out in garden! Spring will soon b here x

"I've had this debate a few times over the years. And personally think you can't call yourself an animal lover if you eat meat. Discuss"

Disagree OP. And I'm presuming you've posted this as you don't eat meat?

Other than not eating meat have you done anything to aid the conservation and protection of animals, increase animal welfare standards or assisted in anyway within the veterinary sector in order to care and protect the animals you say you love so much or do you just not eat meat - interested to know!

Massively disagree.

I tried a smoked prune yesterday. From our local polish shop. Very unusual.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Human emotions like love shouldn’t be applied to animals. An an enthusiast might be more applicable?

I enthuse about spiders, birds and such like. I cannot enthuse about dogs and have become less enthusiastic about cats as they sometimes kill the frogs and birds in my garden.

I detest pigeons, I feed a couple of foxes and I eat a lot of meat.

I see no reason to conflict the two likes.

By *ongueTwistererMan  over a year ago

telford/ shrewsbury/ bridgnorth/ wolverhampton

Of course you can still be an animal lover and still eat meat. I dont agree in animals being killed and wasted, but if the meat is used to feed people it's a different matter.

Well we love animals, they taste great!

Sorry to all the vegan tree hugging snowflakes that this offends.

ashford

"Human emotions like love shouldn’t be applied to animals. An an enthusiast might be more applicable?

I enthuse about spiders, birds and such like. I cannot enthuse about dogs and have become less enthusiastic about cats as they sometimes kill the frogs and birds in my garden.

I detest pigeons, I feed a couple of foxes and I eat a lot of meat.

I see no reason to conflict the two likes."

Disagree I love my dogs/cat same as I do some people I guess with animals/birds I dont personally know then it's more of a respect for their right to live rather than love! That said I do prefer animals to the humans kind of animal most of time x

ashford

"Well we love animals, they taste great!

Sorry to all the vegan tree hugging snowflakes that this offends. "

Why would it offend and why the snowflake insult? X

Disagree completely

I love animals, I have animals and I eat meat, oh well....

Also prior to being old enough to have a choice in views and diets and what you eat now. I can guarantee at some point in your early life you have had something meat related in your system food wise. Whether it be anything from breast milk to something in food or sweets. Food now has changed rapidly over the years to provide for many types of diets, years back it didn't.

We all have eaten something meat related and still love animals

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"I've had this debate a few times over the years. And personally think you can't call yourself an animal lover if you eat meat. Discuss"

I disagree.

Someone with a strong stomach doing a job not many could face early in the morning ha ha

Love all animals….. I eat meat.

I have lots of experience with cat, dogs & horses, but I wouldn’t eat them, I do eat chicken, and some beef, beef mince can do untold things to my insides.

However I hate hate animal abuse

This thing between vegans and animals is twisted. Those who became vegans because it was a step up from being a vegetarian is a lot healthier than being a vegan because they want animals not to exist anymore and get angry and try to force their beliefs on someone who chooses to eat meat is very unhealthy - so OP not only did you open a can of worms but I believe you did this to cause an argument

If someone wants to be a vegan that is their choice, but do not try and force your belief/eating habits on someone who eats things you wouldn’t dream of placing in your mouth… bit like Christians who tell you you are sinning because you don’t worship a higher being… or someone who follows a different religion to a Christian and tells them you’re wrong - I’ve seen someone do that to a Sikh and it was very embarrassing

ashford

"Disagree completely

I love animals, I have animals and I eat meat, oh well....

Also prior to being old enough to have a choice in views and diets and what you eat now. I can guarantee at some point in your early life you have had something meat related in your system food wise. Whether it be anything from breast milk to something in food or sweets. Food now has changed rapidly over the years to provide for many types of diets, years back it didn't.

We all have eaten something meat related and still love animals "

Of course I have only been veggie for 7 years so definitely! But made the choice to discontinue as felt it hypocrisy to keep eating them so happy days for me! And each and everyone of us makes our own choice x

"Food now has changed rapidly over the years to provide for many types of diets, years back it didn't. "

Evolution

Watching how animals respond to music (especially mammals), how they feel pain in the same way that we do and how they can become attached to other animals and humans (in the same way we humans can) makes it difficult for me to disconnect myself when eating a portion of their dead flesh.

Alas we have been conditioned to eat meat. Big money. Big industry.

Vegetarian ...one time meat eater.

But ... I am not imposing my views. Just sharing them.

And yet here you are still ‘debating’ it…. You need to find peace with it. You need to accept that some people eat meat while caring for animals.

ashford

"Love all animals….. I eat meat.

I have lots of experience with cat, dogs & horses, but I wouldn’t eat them, I do eat chicken, and some beef, beef mince can do untold things to my insides.

This thing between vegans and animals is twisted. Those who became vegans because it was a step up from being a vegetarian is a lot healthier than being a vegan because they want animals not to exist anymore and get angry and try to force their beliefs on someone who chooses to eat meat is very unhealthy - so OP not only did you open a can of worms but I believe you did this to cause an argument

If someone wants to be a vegan that is their choice, but do not try and force your belief/eating habits on someone who eats things you wouldn’t dream of placing in your mouth… bit like Christians who tell you you are sinning because you don’t worship a higher being… or someone who follows a different religion to a Christian and tells them you’re wrong - I’ve seen someone do that to a Sikh and it was very embarrassing "

I really dont think it was the ops intention at all! It is an interesting topic for debate surely? X

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am a ethical meat eater

ashford

"Watching how animals respond to music (especially mammals), how they feel pain in the same way that we do and how they can become attached to other animals and humans (in the same way we humans can) makes it difficult for me to disconnect myself when eating a portion of their dead flesh.

Alas we have been conditioned to eat meat. Big money. Big industry.

Vegetarian ...one time meat eater.

But ... I am not imposing my views. Just sharing them.

"

Exactly! Me 2 x

I'm a dog owner and ex farmers husband (my wife was a sheep farmer). I think that even livestock farmers (or the majority) have concern for their animals and look after them. I do still eat meat though try to pick organic if I can on the basis that the animals should have had as normal a life as possible. I would also extend the argument though to all living things - for instance if you don't eat meat and are an animal lover, would you kill a wasp if it came into the house? I wouldn't, I would get it back out again.

If someone wants to be a vegan that is their choice, but do not try and force your belief/eating habits on someone who eats things you wouldn’t dream of placing in your mouth… bit like Christians who tell you you are sinning because you don’t worship a higher being… or someone who follows a different religion to a Christian and tells them you’re wrong - I’ve seen someone do that to a Sikh and it was very embarrassing

I really dont think it was the ops intention at all! It is an interesting topic for debate surely? X"

He said himself he’s had this debate many times……..

ashford

"I've had this debate a few times over the years. And personally think you can't call yourself an animal lover if you eat meat. Discuss

And yet here you are still ‘debating’ it…. You need to find peace with it. You need to accept that some people eat meat while caring for animals. "

No doubt he is at peace with it! It was merely a topic for debate like any other on here?? X

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

I loved my chickens but I still ate chicken and eggs. They had names and I played with them and was upset when they died of old age.

I love my dog, they get more emotion from me than a human. I’d eat the meat.

I don’t go out hurting animals, putting them in awful conditions pretending their a pet, if I need to eat I eat what’s available. I’ll walk this earth with them. I feed them, they feed me.

I love animals and eat a certain amount of meat so I disgree OP.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Strange to think quite a lot of animals would just see us as meat?!

I never forget a croc giving me the eye at an aquarium. Thank god for toughened glass!

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm not an animal lover. I do love specific animals, other animals I love to eat, other animals I actively dislike.

ashford

I really dont think it was the ops intention at all! It is an interesting topic for debate surely? X

He said himself he’s had this debate many times…….. "

Peeps have debates about lots of things several times? It's a valid debate imo love and peace and all that! X

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

Distinct difference between domestic and farm a domestic animal can be a pet therefore animal lover, but can't see me Loving a cow/sheep/pig so pet/animal lover and meat eater.

ashford

"Strange to think quite a lot of animals would just see us as meat?!

I never forget a croc giving me the eye at an aquarium. Thank god for toughened glass!"

Now that would b poetic justice? X;-)

ashford

"Distinct difference between domestic and farm a domestic animal can be a pet therefore animal lover, but can't see me Loving a cow/sheep/pig so pet/animal lover and meat eater. "

Really? Not little lambs? So yes selective animal lover? X

They'd have to care about your opinion to be offended.

henley on thames

"I've had this debate a few times over the years. And personally think you can't call yourself an animal lover if you eat meat. Discuss

And yet here you are still ‘debating’ it…. You need to find peace with it. You need to accept that some people eat meat while caring for animals. "

Agreed. The question is clearly loaded

ashford

"I'm a dog owner and ex farmers husband (my wife was a sheep farmer). I think that even livestock farmers (or the majority) have concern for their animals and look after them. I do still eat meat though try to pick organic if I can on the basis that the animals should have had as normal a life as possible. I would also extend the argument though to all living things - for instance if you don't eat meat and are an animal lover, would you kill a wasp if it came into the house? I wouldn't, I would get it back out again."

Yes and spiders my girls scream at me to come kill them! I pick them up and put them outside! I used to kill slugs in the garden! But that became a dilemma eventually got the balance right frogs/hedgehogs etc so dont need to! X

Den of Iniquity

Someone with a strong stomach doing a job not many could face early in the morning ha ha "

After 16 years I don't even give it much thought anymore haha

It's one of those debates that could go on all day every day for years to come.

Everyone has a choice in life so just get on with it.

These animals debates will never die down.

Another example of that is this:

Covid jabs DO NOT contain any animal products in them in the final stages of manufacture.

BUT

They do use animal product and TEST them on animals in the early stages...

Where does that leave animal lovers and non animal lovers then?

Same as most of us that have had the jabs done, we all use animals in different ways in life whether we eat them, love them, keep them or not.....

Dogs seem to like humans.....but Im sure they would have a few bites of a human if they were hungry.

"It's one of those debates that could go on all day every day for years to come. "

Perfect topic for a discussion forum then.

I do think it's a little unfair that people get to eat animals but if a dog takes a bite out of a human it gets put down. Seems a little hypocritical

"Dogs seem to like humans.....but Im sure they would have a few bites of a human if they were hungry.

"

oh snap

"It's one of those debates that could go on all day every day for years to come.

I do think it's a little unfair that people get to eat animals but if a dog takes a bite out of a human it gets put down. Seems a little hypocritical "

Maybe it would be different if the dog put us down humanely before eating rather than savaging a person to death? Thoughts?

"It's one of those debates that could go on all day every day for years to come.

I do think it's a little unfair that people get to eat animals but if a dog takes a bite out of a human it gets put down. Seems a little hypocritical

Maybe it would be different if the dog put us down humanely before eating rather than savaging a person to death? Thoughts?"

Dogs would be terrible at giving injections though.

henley on thames

I do think it's a little unfair that people get to eat animals but if a dog takes a bite out of a human it gets put down. Seems a little hypocritical "

Pretty sure that if I attacked someone in the street, but then and took a lump out of them, I would face pretty sever consequences too.

No, I wouldn’t be put down , but I would certainly fade prison time.

henley on thames

"Dogs seem to like humans.....but Im sure they would have a few bites of a human if they were hungry.

"

That is true. A friend of mine got bitten on the arse by a dog.

Pretty sure that if I attacked someone in the street, but then and took a lump out of them, I would face pretty sever consequences too.

No, I wouldn’t be put down , but I would certainly fade prison time. "

But you're not a dog.

I love women, I still eat them

Topic discussion completed.

ashford

"

I'm sure one of mine pheobe would have no qualms eating me if I was dead and she was hungry! X

You don't tend to get humans walking around with aggression like that though and suddenly snap and rip someone apart. Once an animal has the taste of blood it will attack again and again which is why its done to prevent further harm to humans and other animals they could come across.

Den of Iniquity

Everyone has a choice in life so just get on with it.

These animals debates will never die down.

Another example of that is this:

Covid jabs DO NOT contain any animal products in them in the final stages of manufacture.

BUT

They do use animal product and TEST them on animals in the early stages...

Where does that leave animal lovers and non animal lovers then?

Same as most of us that have had the jabs done, we all use animals in different ways in life whether we eat them, love them, keep them or not..... "

A fair point that tbf

You don't tend to get humans walking around with aggression like that though and suddenly snap and rip someone apart. Once an animal has the taste of blood it will attack again and again which is why its done to prevent further harm to humans and other animals they could come across.

"

Ah! That explains why people keep eating meat

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm sure one of mine pheobe would have no qualms eating me if I was dead and she was hungry! X"

1972 Andes plane crash. I don't think any of us humans are above cannibalism given extreme circumstances!

ashford

I'm sure one of mine pheobe would have no qualms eating me if I was dead and she was hungry! X

1972 Andes plane crash. I don't think any of us humans are above cannibalism given extreme circumstances!"

True! Never say never! Dont think my dexter would eat me though! Lol x

I think the deeper question behind this topic is as follows:

Do most of us (humans) think consciously before we act. Or.... have our actions become compulsive (desire based).

The mind is a tricky bastard.

henley on thames

But you're not a dog."

Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am not a dog.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that I would have pretty severe consequences if I attacked / mauled / maimed / killed someone in the street, so I don’t really understand the suggestion of being “hypocritical”.

Ah! That explains why people keep eating meat "

Ah that explains why the person didn't read what question I was actually replying too .....

ashford

But you're not a dog.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that I would have pretty severe consequences if I attacked / mauled / maimed / killed someone in the street, so I don’t really understand the suggestion of being “hypocritical”. "

U dont?? x

henley on thames

"I think the deeper question behind this topic is as follows:

Do most of us (humans) think consciously before we act. Or.... have our actions become compulsive (desire based).

The mind is a tricky bastard. "

Pretty sure the question was simpler than that, whether people can consider themselves to be animal lovers despite just having had chicken or beef for lunch.

henley on thames

But you're not a dog.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that I would have pretty severe consequences if I attacked / mauled / maimed / killed someone in the street, so I don’t really understand the suggestion of being “hypocritical”.

U dont?? x"

No.

ashford

But you're not a dog.

U dont?? x

No.

"

Fair enough! X

Ah! That explains why people keep eating meat

Ah that explains why the person didn't read what question I was actually replying too ....."

Erm, ok

I mean it was a direct response to your claim that animals attack other animals once they get a taste for blood...

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"Another can of worms opened up on the forums again "

I draw the line at eating worms

"Another can of worms opened up on the forums again

I draw the line at eating worms "

Not even jelly ones?

ashford

Not even jelly ones?"

Love those but they have gelatine in them x

Not even jelly ones?

Love those but they have gelatine in them x"

Morrisons had some without

Not even jelly ones?

Love those but they have gelatine in them x"

Rowntree’s fruit pastels are now vegan friendly FYI.

ashford

Not even jelly ones?

Rowntree’s fruit pastels are now vegan friendly FYI. "

Ty yes have found a few at work wish thet did gelatine and sugar free being a diabetic x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Enjoy shades of grey in your thinking, it's much more reflective of the human mind.

ashford

Not even jelly ones?

Morrisons had some without"

Cool ty x

"Another can of worms opened up on the forums again "

We've taken it too far if we are eating worms!

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I like animals, I don’t love them.

"I like animals, I don’t love them."

Yes what Fet couple said. I like them. I wouldn’t eat them though. ....well maybe a nibble and lick.

"

Actually no. If you had a cat & a dog & you died. No one knew & your body wasn’t discovered, it would be the cat that started to eat you first, not the dog.

I heard of a scenario like this some years ago in a village near my friend, she was a spinster and had something like 5 cats & 3 dogs. Her body was found about 4 weeks after she died. The cats had started eating her but the dogs were rapidly loosing weight, suggesting they weren’t eating. Gory but true

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

Absolutely agree, and as vegans, we’d any exploitation of animals means you’re not a true animal lover.

So no to speciesism!

ashford

Absolutely agree, and as vegans, we’d any exploitation of animals means you’re not a true animal lover.

So no to speciesism!"

Very good word! x

Ampthill

"

If someone wants to be a vegan that is their choice, but do not try and force your belief/eating habits on someone who eats things you wouldn’t dream of placing in your mouth…

"

Can’t let that go by!

I’m a vegan, for over two years now, and switched to a vegan lifestyle for three reasons (in no particular order):

1. Animal welfare

2. Personal health

3. Environmental reasons

I’m not going to preach, but those interested can do their own research and learn why all three points are valid.

While there is a minority of vegan extremists, not all vegans are militant. The social impact of the environmental benefits alone should convince many of the advantages of vegan lifestyle.

In a vegan world there wouldn’t have been covid!

henley on thames

So no to speciesism!"

That’s your view, and you are of course welcome to it. And I presume that that extends to all areas of life, not using any products that have been tested on animals (medicines etc).

Personally, I love most animals but not all. For example, despite them being extremely clever, I hate rats.

ashford

"

If someone wants to be a vegan that is their choice, but do not try and force your belief/eating habits on someone who eats things you wouldn’t dream of placing in your mouth…

Can’t let that go by!

I’m a vegan, for over two years now, and switched to a vegan lifestyle for three reasons (in no particular order):

1. Animal welfare

2. Personal health

3. Environmental reasons

I’m not going to preach, but those interested can do their own research and learn why all three points are valid.

While there is a minority of vegan extremists, not all vegans are militant. The social impact of the environmental benefits alone should convince many of the advantages of vegan lifestyle.

In a vegan world there wouldn’t have been covid!"

Agreed I dont c anyone preaching on this thread? X

ashford

So no to speciesism!

That’s your view, and you are of course welcome to it. And I presume that that extends to all areas of life, not using any products that have been tested on animals (medicines etc).

Personally, I love most animals but not all. For example, despite them being extremely clever, I hate rats. "

Yes very clever! And I adore them! I dont even hate humans such a strong word hate? Well there is 2 humans I hate! X

I love animals and I do eat meat.

And I think that as an animal lover you have to be interested in the processing and welfare side of the meat industry....I want to know that the animal I eat has been raised properly, treated ethically from birth to despatch and is sustainable.

This is why I buy meat from my butcher because he can tell me the provenance of the meat I buy.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Easy. One animal dies for one meat meal. Millions die for vegan and vegetarian food. You think they just let animals and bugs sing and dance near the destructive mono-crops that are prevalent in the new diet they are pushing?

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"I love animals and I do eat meat.

And I think that as an animal lover you have to be interested in the processing and welfare side of the meat industry....I want to know that the animal I eat has been raised properly, treated ethically from birth to despatch and is sustainable.

This is why I buy meat from my butcher because he can tell me the provenance of the meat I buy. "

I do the same. I am a huge pusher of regenerative agriculture so I do the same as yourself.

C

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Would disagree with that x"

Ruminant animals are a vital part of the ecosystem of the planet. Stone cold fact.

ashford

Easy. One animal dies for one meat meal. Millions die for vegan and vegetarian food. You think they just let animals and bugs sing and dance near the destructive mono-crops that are prevalent in the new diet they are pushing? "

x

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I implore to other believing the lies over the hyper processed alternatives to check out the 'Carnivore Is Vegan' website and the "start here" section. All sources are provided and linked to.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Not even jelly ones?"

Soz been out walking.......not even the jelly ones nope

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I should point out that meat eating isn't sin-free either. The vile factory farming system needs to end, I refuse to help that profit.

ashford

"

Ruminant animals are a vital part of the ecosystem of the planet. Stone cold fact. "

Nope! Better to b extinct imo! X

"Easy. One animal dies for one meat meal. Millions die for vegan and vegetarian food. You think they just let animals and bugs sing and dance near the destructive mono-crops that are prevalent in the new diet they are pushing? "

This logic always makes me laugh.

Vegans kill millions of animals. Meanwhile only one cow has to die for a burger. Perfect sense

"

Ruminant animals are a vital part of the ecosystem of the planet. Stone cold fact.

Nope! Better to b extinct imo!

Stone cold fact.

Nope! Better to b extinct imo! X"

But that is not our choice to make, and contradicts what you said above about one life being no more important than another

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Vegans kill millions of animals. Meanwhile only one cow has to die for a burger. Perfect sense "

It points out the hypocrisy in the vegan argument is all. Things must die so others flourish as is the way of life.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Nope! Better to b extinct imo! X"

Is it? The end of ruminant animals isn't just the end of humanity. It kills everything off given the benefits to soil and crops

"

Vegans kill millions of animals. Meanwhile only one cow has to die for a burger. Perfect sense

It points out the hypocrisy in the vegan argument is all. Things must die so others flourish as is the way of life. "

There's me thinking it just points out the dumbness of the counter argument.

Less = less

Most arable land mass is taken by animal farming. Making claims about how many beetles are harmed by mowing the lawn doesn't change that.

ashford

"

Nope! Better to b extinct imo! X

Is it? The end of ruminant animals isn't just the end of humanity. It kills everything off given the benefits to soil and crops"

Could just let the deer breed more freely! Sorted! X

henley on thames

"

Can’t let that go by!

1. Animal welfare

2. Personal health

3. Environmental reasons

Agreed I dont c anyone preaching on this thread? X"

I do. The very first post is judgmental, saying that you can’t be an animal lover if you eat meat.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Disagree profoundly.

Yiu are also aware that 130,000 pigs were destroyed because they could not be used as there is a shortage slaughterhouse workers?

So how if we all stop eating meat and dairy products do you think is going to happen to farm animals when the land they graze on will be then used to cultivate crops to meet demand?

Discuss

ashford

"

Can’t let that go by!

1. Animal welfare

2. Personal health

3. Environmental reasons

I do. The very first post is judgmental, saying that you can’t be an animal lover if you eat meat. "

That's not preaching it's a fact (imo) but also a chance for an open debate ? X

"Disagree profoundly.

Yiu are also aware that 130,000 pigs were destroyed because they could not be used as there is a shortage slaughterhouse workers?

So how if we all stop eating meat and dairy products do you think is going to happen to farm animals when the land they graze on will be then used to cultivate crops to meet demand?

Discuss"

There will less farm animals.

There will be less land needed for farm animals.

There will be more land available for trees.

Bedfont Feltham

"I love animals & eat meat. I have worked on farms. if we did not eat meat few animals would be kept as they are expensive to feed house & look after, better a short well fed life than no life at all?

Would disagree with that x"

So.hiur happy with the mass slaughter and extinction of farm animals and ca yourself an anal lover?

ashford

"Disagree profoundly.

Discuss"

If pigs etc were not in so much demand they would eventually die out and become extinct? Which imo would be better! X

ashford

At the end of the day it was a good debate and we all have our own opinions/views on the subject! I have not been rude/defensive on this thread! So am happy to leave it now as feels bit like flogging a dead horse! Excuse the pun! happy fabbing one and all love and peacexx

Bedfont Feltham

"Disagree profoundly.

Discuss

If pigs etc were not in so much demand they would eventually die out and become extinct? Which imo would be better! X"

Except they woukd not be slowly become extinct. The cost and demand for plant based food woukd mean.they would be slaughters en mass bodies burned including new born calves. These are not pets. Plus other species of animals, plants and insects qoukd die out from.oberfarming land for grazing.

Yiu can only plant in a field so many times before nutrients in the soil qoukd be used up. And what is a component of fertilisers?

"Disagree profoundly.

Discuss

If pigs etc were not in so much demand they would eventually die out and become extinct? Which imo would be better! X

Except they woukd not be slowly become extinct. The cost and demand for plant based food woukd mean.they would be slaughters en mass bodies burned including new born calves. These are not pets. Plus other species of animals, plants and insects qoukd die out from.oberfarming land for grazing.

Yiu can only plant in a field so many times before nutrients in the soil qoukd be used up. And what is a component of fertilisers?"

This is silliness.

There isn't a scenario where there would be a sudden needless slaughter of animals other than one that's already happening ie. people would eat them!

As people eat less meat so will less animals will be farmed. This doesn't mean species will be extinct.

On the fields surrounding me there are sheep eating turnips to fertilise the land. Those animals will still be needed, just less of them.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

This is silliness.

There isn't a scenario where there would be a sudden needless slaughter of animals other than one that's already happening ie. people would eat them!

As people eat less meat so will less animals will be farmed. This doesn't mean species will be extinct.

On the fields surrounding me there are sheep eating turnips to fertilise the land. Those animals will still be needed, just less of them.

"

This is the exact scenario that happens now. Vegan crops are protected with a viciousness that is sheer evil.

"This is the exact scenario that happens now. Vegan crops are protected with a viciousness that is sheer evil. "

ok

Birmingham/Bristol

lol who pissed you off today?

Birmingham/Bristol

I'm not vegan or vegetarian either BTW

Birmingham/Bristol

Just a little discussion folks no need to get heated. I'll give you a point a friend of mine shoots game and I said to him it was cruel. But he pointed out that the animals he's shoots live a free life in the wild then bang they're dead. But the meat industry is just pure torture for animals so its far more cruel to eat meat from supermarkets ect. To quick I agree but I couldn't kill an animal myself

Ampthill

"And I presume that that extends to all areas of life, not using any products that have been tested on animals (medicines etc)."

With extremely rare exceptions, absolutely! The exception being where no viable alternative exists to something essential to maintain or preserve life.

Where there is no alternative, no other option at all, campaign to get, encourage development of a viable alternative.

Obtuse example but an excellent one. I’m a photographer. I no longer shoot film, even though I love the process. With digital I have a perfectly viable alternative. Without digital, the approach would be to use as sparingly as possible.

henley on thames

"

Can’t let that go by!

1. Animal welfare

2. Personal health

3. Environmental reasons

I do. The very first post is judgmental, saying that you can’t be an animal lover if you eat meat.

That's not preaching it's a fact (imo) but also a chance for an open debate ? X"

I feel differently. It was not an “open” question on the subject; it was a preachy statement. Not exactly neutral as an opening bid.

henley on thames

"I love animals & eat meat. I have worked on farms. if we did not eat meat few animals would be kept as they are expensive to feed house & look after, better a short well fed life than no life at all?

Would disagree with that x So.hiur happy with the mass slaughter and extinction of farm animals and ca yourself an anal lover?

"

An anal lover? Is that a typo or is there some sort of link that I’m not aware of?

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Disagree. Animal lovers will come in a variety of intensity and definitions and not everyone will like all species of animals.

Ive known a couple of people who called themselves 'animal lovers' and actually they were animal collectors. These two people both had lots of pets, mostly in small cages. Their houses stank and it was clear that the caged pets cages were not cleaned out regularly. Is this really loving animals or just loving collecting them?

you can imagine what would happen if you scale this up to cows pigs & sheep "

Factory farming?

Ampthill

"So how if we all stop eating meat and dairy products do you think is going to happen to farm animals when the land they graze on will be then used to cultivate crops to meet demand?"

Eh, farmed animals are not free roaming wildlife. They are bred to be used in the food chain! Without that outlet, they wouldn’t be bred in the first place!

You understand how agriculture works, right?

Ampthill

"Yiu can only plant in a field so many times before nutrients in the soil qoukd be used up. And what is a component of fertilisers?"

Are you aware that a seven year crop rotation cycle is used to avoid such a thing happening?

Bedfont Feltham

"Disagree profoundly.

Discuss

Yiu can only plant in a field so many times before nutrients in the soil qoukd be used up. And what is a component of fertilisers?

This is silliness.

"

There was a mass slaughter of pigs. And it's a widely reported fact. The idea that farmers wouldnt cut their losses an kill redundant farm animals has happend.

¹

"There was a mass slaughter of pigs. And it's a widely reported fact. The idea that farmers wouldnt cut their losses an kill redundant farm animals has happend.

¹"

Hardly an extinction event though was it.

People love in different ways. I love my wife, but not in the same way as I love my sister and certainly not in the same way as I love a dry-aged Highland Angus rib-eye steak.

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman  over a year ago

Colchester

I have six cats and have just eaten a McPlant. It was great! I feel generally better without meat.

However, I do eat meat a few times a year, and of course I feed my cats meat.

How do you propose we feed our carnivorous pets, vegan folk? Genuine question.

"I have six cats and have just eaten a McPlant. It was great! I feel generally better without meat.

How do you propose we feed our carnivorous pets, vegan folk? Genuine question."

I'm guessing cat food works best.

Failing that I'm told they're good at catching mice

henley on thames

"I have six cats and have just eaten a McPlant. It was great! I feel generally better without meat.

How do you propose we feed our carnivorous pets, vegan folk? Genuine question.

I'm guessing cat food works best.

Failing that I'm told they're good at catching mice "

... and cat food is meat-based, which I think was the point being made.

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman  over a year ago

Colchester

I’m guessing you misunderstood my post.

I was talking about the unavoidable use of meat for carnivorous pets, and how vegans feel about it.

Cat food is meat, my friend.

"... and cat food is meat-based, which I think was the point being made. "

Vegans don't eat cat food. That's the point being made.

Most cats aren't vegan. But for the few that are, some research suggests they do okay. Personally I don't care what a cat eats so long as it doesn't dump half of it on my doorstep.

"A new study has suggested cats fed a plant-based diet are less likely to suffer from a range of adverse health consequences, including gastrointestinal and hepatic disease.

Published in BMC Veterinary Research, the study – conducted by Ontario Veterinary College, at the University of Guelph in Canada – also reported cats fed a plant-based diet had more ideal body condition scores than their carnivorous counterparts."

"I’m guessing you misunderstood my post.

I was talking about the unavoidable use of meat for carnivorous pets, and how vegans feel about it.

Cat food is meat, my friend."

To be honest I still don't understand it.

Some animals eat other animals. What's that got to do with a human's choice of whether to eat them?

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Save a cow, eat a vegan

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I’m vegetarian and love animals, Mr eats meat but also loves animals. So I do think that both have the ability to love, just maybe at a different level. Miss pc

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I'm an animal lover. I used to run an animal rescue. I also eat meat.

To second my argument, farmers, love their animals. Yes ypu could argue tge bottom line for them. However, if they didn't love and care for their animals, they would not put in the care and dedication to them. I've never met a vegan farmer. I'm sure there are a few, however I'm sure the most eat meat.

henley on thames

Some animals eat other animals. What's that got to do with a human's choice of whether to eat them?"

I understand the question being asked. Where people are vegan for ethical reasons, and don’t use animal products themselves, are they ok with buying meat-based petfood for their pets? Or do they choose not to have pets that eat meat?

Avoid animal-tested products for themselves, and then open a can of whiskas for Tiddles?

Simple enough question

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I think you can I eat meat, I gree up on a farm. We treated our animals well. Though we left farming years ago it was becoming too commercialisd with the majority wanting cheap food.

Try telling people with pets they don't love their animals. Even though they've been bred to look cute or whatever and now suffer from conditions because of they way they look.

Some animals eat other animals. What's that got to do with a human's choice of whether to eat them?

I understand the question being asked. Where people are vegan for ethical reasons, and don’t use animal products themselves, are they ok with buying meat-based petfood for their pets? Or do they choose not to have pets that eat meat?

Avoid animal-tested products for themselves, and then open a can of whiskas for Tiddles?

Simple enough question "

Seems more like a lame attempt at being provocative. And it had already been answered.

Permaculture is an interesting way forward.

Our human body (in the various shapes and sizes) does not need animal meat to survive.

There are plenty of non-animal foods to gain B vitamins from. Including vitamin B12.

Our diet is purely a choice largely determined by our palate and to some degree availability of food (although less of a problem now).

When I used to eat meat and fish, I never thought about the animal that was once living - but was caught/killed or farmed/killed by someone to be on my plate. I never thought of the life it lived. How many offspring it may or may not have had. Was it well looked after, etc, etc.

I am a lot more mindful of what goes in my mouth now. (Apart from the obvious sexual references you filthy lot )

The red tractor label and similar ‘animal welfare’ stickers amount to good marketing to ease our conscience.

"... and cat food is meat-based, which I think was the point being made.

Vegans don't eat cat food. That's the point being made.

Most cats aren't vegan. But for the few that are, some research suggests they do okay. Personally I don't care what a cat eats so long as it doesn't dump half of it on my doorstep.

"A new study has suggested cats fed a plant-based diet are less likely to suffer from a range of adverse health consequences, including gastrointestinal and hepatic disease.

Published in BMC Veterinary Research, the study – conducted by Ontario Veterinary College, at the University of Guelph in Canada – also reported cats fed a plant-based diet had more ideal body condition scores than their carnivorous counterparts.""

Are you sure it said cats? Cats are obligate carnivores this means they need meat to survive, it is not possible for them to eat a plant based diet. Dogs OTOH are omnivores like us and could happily consume a vegetarian diet, but I don’t think I’d subject a dog to a pure vegan diet.

» Add a new message to this topic