FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is Vaping smoking?

Is Vaping smoking?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve noticed a few people on here categorise themselves as non-smokers but have photos of themselves vaping.

As a life-long non-smoker I would class vaping as a form of smoking so would feel deceived if a “non-smoker” turned out to be a vaper.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd class it as smoking in the real world. As it relates to fab it doesn't seem important.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Vaping and smoking are to all intents and purposes the same thing.

Anyone claiming otherwise is attempting to rules-lawyer their way around smoking restrictions.

Bad faith and obnoxious.

"Vaping and smoking are to all intents and purposes the same thing.

Anyone claiming otherwise is attempting to rules-lawyer their way around smoking restrictions.

Bad faith and obnoxious. "

Is someone who chews nicotine gum a smoker? Or someone who uses a nicotine patch? That's the only thing that vapes have in them in relation to a cigarette, and it's not particularly harmful in the small doses you get from a vape exhalation. There are no particulates in vape, there's no tar and none of the additives that make smoking so bad. If you think that inhaling nicotine in vapour form counts as being a smoker - never sniff tomato soup, pizza, bolognese sauce etc because tomatoes naturally have nicotine in them and it's released when the tomato is cooked over a certain temperature. As do aubergines and a few other fruits and veg.

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

Depends on the context. With regards to fab, smoking is a turn off for a lot of people because of the smell clings to the person, and their breath, and you can taste the smoke when you kiss them. I don't think people really care about the longterm health implications, or the expense.

Vaping doesn't really have the same effect, and any smell/taste normally isn't too unpleasant anyway. I personally can't tell the difference between someone who vapes, and someone who doesn't, but I can tell if someone smokes.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"Is someone who chews nicotine gum a smoker? Or someone who uses a nicotine patch? That's the only thing that vapes have in them in relation to a cigarette, and it's not particularly harmful in the small doses you get from a vape exhalation. There are no particulates in vape, there's no tar and none of the additives that make smoking so bad. If you think that inhaling nicotine in vapour form counts as being a smoker - never sniff tomato soup, pizza, bolognese sauce etc because tomatoes naturally have nicotine in them and it's released when the tomato is cooked over a certain temperature. As do aubergines and a few other fruits and veg."

I guess it depends on what people dislike about smoking.

Is it that they have nicotine in their bodies, that they taste of cigarettes, or that they puff out clouds wherever they go.

By *it-chrissyTV/TS  over a year ago

sw. london

they're not the same thing. at all.

tho i understand why a never-smoker might think they are.

as someone who's worked really hard to break a lifetime addiction by using vapes i find the comparison non-functional and slightly insulting.

if you don't like being around vapes fine, no worries, but to say they're the same is just wrong x

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

It's smoking vape fumes instead of cigarette/cigar fumes, so you could call it smoking.

Either way, something is being inhaled and exhaled from the lungs into the surrounding environment.

I don't like seeing people's cough clouds on a cold day because I know it has lung stuff in there.

Don't get me started on misty bus windows

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

All inconsiderate when they insist on standing by entrances and exits so you have to walk through their fumes...

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

There is no smoke so no I class it as vaping which is what is called. There's smoke with smoking and why it's called smoking

By *ettieAndIrvingMan  over a year ago

Derby

Vaping is the singlemost crap thing ever.

Guys trying to look cool with the setting on max, puffing away on their blueberry and vanilla... HAAAA!

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Vaping is not smoking, but take your point that it is not fun if someone sits down and starts vaping large clouds of whatever in a hotel room. Ditto excessive Lynx or Coco Chanel!

Llanelli

"Vaping is the singlemost crap thing ever.

Guys trying to look cool with the setting on max, puffing away on their blueberry and vanilla... HAAAA!"

Is it the single most crap thing ever? I think lack of sex is personally

Also don't think guys do it to look cool somehow

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Guys trying to look cool with the setting on max, puffing away on their blueberry and vanilla... HAAAA!

Also don't think guys do it to look cool somehow "

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"I’ve noticed a few people on here categorise themselves as non-smokers but have photos of themselves vaping.

As a life-long non-smoker I would class vaping as a form of smoking so would feel deceived if a “non-smoker” turned out to be a vaper.

Am I alone in feeling this way?"

Yes vaping is a variant of smoking.

Much as smoking is a variant of smoking.

Inhaling a substance of any kind is a form of smoking.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"There is no smoke so no I class it as vaping which is what is called. There's smoke with smoking and why it's called smoking "

What's the definition of smoke in this instance? I'm thinking it's the fumes from the burning cigarette/cigarette then.

Something burns and produces smoke, which is inhaled then exhaled.

Ergo, vaping isn't smoking as nothing is burned

I think we have our answer.

Guys trying to look cool with the setting on max, puffing away on their blueberry and vanilla... HAAAA!"

You’ve obviously never bought any electronics from B&M

"Vaping is not smoking, but take your point that it is not fun if someone sits down and starts vaping large clouds of whatever in a hotel room. Ditto excessive Lynx or Coco Chanel! "

Smoking stinks. Vaping stinks.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

As an occasional smoker of Marlboro fine touch, less smoke, less smell, I find vape very offensive, they are worse than vveed smokers in my books, it just looks horrendous either smoke properly or don’t bother

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

What I do think, is that there should be a separate box to tick on here for vaper or non-vaper.

"As an occasional smoker of Marlboro fine touch, less smoke, less smell, I find vape very offensive, they are worse than vveed smokers in my books, it just looks horrendous either smoke properly or don’t bother "

Yeah you fucking losers! Either get cancer or grow up!

I hate the fact many ex smoker vapers think it’s fine to vape indoors in the company of others or in cars with zero consideration of others or kids. That sweet sickly smell …

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"As an occasional smoker of Marlboro fine touch, less smoke, less smell, I find vape very offensive, they are worse than vveed smokers in my books, it just looks horrendous either smoke properly or don’t bother

Yeah you fucking losers! Either get cancer or grow up! "

The ones from the Syrian car wash don’t have horrible pictures on the packers

"I’ve noticed a few people on here categorise themselves as non-smokers but have photos of themselves vaping.

"

So, asthma sufferers are smokers when they inhale salbutamol?

They are both a nicotine delivery mechanism. And subbing one for another is simply trading the way of administering the drug. Still a nicotine addiction either way. But that’s not really the point of the question I suppose.

I’d say that vaping is however considerably less ‘anti social’ than smoking as the effects are mainly short term and don't linger.

The funny smelling ones are a bit annoying and sickly, but unless someone is vaping in a closed car or small room I’d say no big deal.

Good luck to anyone giving up properly. It ain’t easy!

Llanelli

Also don't think guys do it to look cool somehow

"

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 08:29:39]

"What I do think, is that there should be a separate box to tick on here for vaper or non-vaper. "

That’s a good idea. Also a lot of vapers that I know have a normal fag sometimes if they’ve run out of vape juice but still call themselves non-smokers.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

It’s a heat not burn sort of thang.

"It’s a heat not burn sort of thang."

burning is a heat thing

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"It’s a heat not burn sort of thang.

burning is a heat thing "

Keep an eye on yer saucepan bud ..

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I don’t see the point. Just stop and have done with it

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

So, asthma sufferers are smokers when they inhale salbutamol? "

As an crontic asthma suffer thank you for your input...

Salbutamol is a medication and if you kiss someone straight after taken this medication. The other person will taste it. Much the same as vape or or nicotine.

No different. You are inhaling a substance. And breathing out a percentage.

Thankfully salbutamol makes my life more comfortable and most only need to take it a few times a day. So the affects are less of an issue on others.

As for other forms of smoking vaping and whatever. They don't!!

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

im a smoker, and hate it following someone walking in fromt of me vapes, they give off huge clouds of fumes, where as a cig doesnt so much, and as a smoker i would never smoke in the street, but vapers dont seem to care, personaly i think they are worse for everyone else

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No, of course not.

There's no combustion and hence no smoke. It can be completely nicotine free too

We both recently joined fab and we had been smokers since our teens. About a year ago we switched to vapes.

When we signed up to fab we did not put down that we're smokers because vaping is not smoking in out eyes however we do state on our profile that we do vape which is the right thing to do.

We do hope one day to quit vaping too...

Maybe fab can just add vaper as an option on profiles

Have a good day everyone xx

I'm a nicotine addict but I dont vape or smoke!!

I was always a considerate smoker as I'm fully aware of the smell, taste etc as I've also been a non smoker at times.

I dont judge anyone as we are all over 18 and legally allowed to make our own choices.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I vape after giving up smoking. For all those who don't like it there will be plenty more who don't mind.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Both are equally annoying as the vapoures give off that horrible sweet smell

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

As someone who detests smoking, I am much less offended by gaseous emissions from vaping. It's still annoying to be around especially if they are puffing on it every couple of minutes, but unlike smoking cigarettes there is not the same smell and taste embedded in every pore of a vaper.

I would say that it is worth people mentioning they vape IF they are meeting people who don't meet smokers, but generally for me I am not too fussed by it.

Cal

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

I was a heavy smoker for a number of years. Then I had a heart attack and stopped smoking.

I now vape with a nicotine free liquid. I find it a massive help . I’m considerate and vape away from people and understand that it can be annoying for some people.

Is it smoking? Is an alcoholic having a alcohol free lager still drinking?

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

some people are just never happy, they campaigned for years to curtail peoples freedoms and ban smoking, now that task is just about done they start on the vapers, who next? get on with your life, i find exessive deoderant offensive but would never try and ban it or moan about it, lifes to short you do you and let others do themselves.

"some people are just never happy, they campaigned for years to curtail peoples freedoms and ban smoking, now that task is just about done they start on the vapers, who next? get on with your life, i find exessive deoderant offensive but would never try and ban it or moan about it, lifes to short you do you and let others do themselves."

Must have missed the banning campaign.

"Depends on the context. With regards to fab, smoking is a turn off for a lot of people because of the smell clings to the person, and their breath, and you can taste the smoke when you kiss them. I don't think people really care about the longterm health implications, or the expense.

Vaping doesn't really have the same effect, and any smell/taste normally isn't too unpleasant anyway. I personally can't tell the difference between someone who vapes, and someone who doesn't, but I can tell if someone smokes."

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"some people are just never happy, they campaigned for years to curtail peoples freedoms and ban smoking, now that task is just about done they start on the vapers, who next? get on with your life, i find exessive deoderant offensive but would never try and ban it or moan about it, lifes to short you do you and let others do themselves."

No they just stopped smokers infringing on everyone else by stopping smoking in enclosed spaces

I gave up smoking around 20 years ago now and so glad I did.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yes in my view.

I vape, I don't smoke. I'd rather the smell of a fruity vape over tobacco. If someone kissed me they would not know I vape.

I have no intention of giving it up as I enjoy it, as I enjoyed smoking but vaping is cleaner and cheaper.

We walk through people's breath clouds all the time, the only difference with the vape is that you can see it and it may smell of sweets ffs.

By *rouble1977Woman  over a year ago

Hull

By *rouble1977Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Yes in my view."

How is it when it is not smoke?

Yes it is, its worse imo though,vaping leaves a real nasty smell/taste ive found. Id not meet a vaper or smoker

» Add a new message to this topic