FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever had a romantic surprise?

Have you ever had a romantic surprise?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone in your lifetime surprised you with a romantic gesture, if so what did they do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Yes. Mr booked a weekend away without me knowing. Just told me to pack a bag and we would be leaving in 2 hours.

He often does small surprises like coming home early from work when I was expecting him being late. Those small surprises can often mean the most.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nope

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

maybe the next guys that you meet on here you could always ask them for a romantic gesture and see what they cut come up with

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

" maybe the next guys that you meet on here you could always ask them for a romantic gesture and see what they cut come up with"

Not the same if you ask though x

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

My last chap was quite the romantic and I never know what to do except get all embarrassed

The best time was a strand of pearls snuck into my suitcase with the mushiest card ever written by a human man. It made me cry with overwhelming love when I found it.

Yes.

Mr was supposed to come home from camp one weekend so we could spend time together. He said he couldn't make it but as soon as he could he would come home. He turned up that planned weekend with a car full of squaddies

Another time he came home from Germany for the day and night just for valentines

One of my exes flew 12 hours for a weekend together, when I was visiting a country for work/holiday x

I thought that was kinda sweet

Usually it tends to be me being the romantic bitch x

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It’s the little things that make a difference.

I was away from home and C went to my house and posted a card through my door…a little love note, which made me smile

She also made my birthday very special…we were flying out in holiday and we’d had a nightmare, Covid tests inconclusive, missed flights…anyway she managed to rearrange our flight and she bought a box of chocolates for the cabin crew and a thank you letter for their services and told them I was having the worst birthday ever! I was!

They spent the next 5 hours treating us like superstars…champagne, 1st class meals with cutlery! , White store gift bag with things for the plane (moisturizers, eye mask, etc) and then they gave me a bottle of champagne when getting off.

Whilst it wasn’t C treating me, it was her gesture to the cabin crew which made my birthday special…

K

I was once sent flowers every week to work, for 10 weeks. That was from someone I had said no thank you to, so it wasn't romantic and I had to ask the florist to please not accept any more orders from that person as it was too much and quote stressful.

Thats it though

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Not yet....

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Has anyone in your lifetime surprised you with a romantic gesture, if so what did they do "

Absolutely nothing.

C

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

One of my exes was hugely romantic, far more than I am. He'd sweep me off for weekends away if I was feeling blue and was thoughtful in a million different ways which I rarely appreciated.

Once when I was travelling a huge amount with work my flat was an absolute tip so I asked him not to come to me, I went round to his. A few days later when I was away again he cleaned the whole flat, windows, floors, everything. He did I don't know how much ironing that had been piled up, washed loads of bedding that I'd changed but not had time to wash. When I got home he told me that he was bothered by how stressed I was and it was his way of caring for me.

Oh, I'd had a little diamond fall out of one of my favourite pendants and I kept meaning to take it to my jeweller and have it repaired, but didn't have time. He'd listened to me closely enough to know which jeweller I went to, and he had it repaired as a surprise for me. I think I was more touched that he'd paid so much attention to the conversation that he could find the place 15 or 20 miles away than I was him actually having the thing fixed.

After we had our first baby and husband went back to work he had flowers delivered to thank me for being an amazing mum

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It depends what you mean by romantic.

When I was getting ready to go to an evening class that required drawing materials I found that Mr N had sharpened all my pencils and put them in a tin for me.

He would often clear my windscreen on a frosty morning.

He makes sure my car is properly maintained.

When I had an operation on my spine and he knew I'd be bed ridden for some weeks. While I was in hospital he arranged to have a telly fitted in our room, gave the whole room a spring clean and made sure it had everything I needed.

They're just a few examples. Sometimes it's not the flowers and chocolates.

Not really I more the romantic one

With a ex

I one’s called her work at work and told her I had feel and she had to come home

When she arrived home

The house was in darkness all but candle lights

I had dinner ready we had a candle light dinner with some romantic music in the background

After dinner I ushered her to a all ready run bubble bath with candle lights and a glass off bubbly waiting

After she came out her bath and walked in to the bedroom

I had red fairy lights laying on the bed in the shape off a love hart and rose petals all dot around the bed

And candle lights

» Add a new message to this topic