FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Crap Runners 2022

Crap Runners 2022

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ravelleruk OP   Man  over a year ago

Tenby till end of Sep

Haven’t seen a post yet this week so started my own, please don’t shoot me

Decided to really push myself this year and signed up for a LEJOG Virtual Challenge (Lands End to John O’Groats) 1083 miles - taking a scenic route lol.

Started well, did a 10km last week. But Injury has struck already, got a sore knee which probably wasn’t even caused by running but resting up anyway.

How’s everyone else’s 2022 started?

Trav x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I did the LEJOG last year. Was good for building up miles again after COVID.

Enjoying the muddy trails at the mo.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I went running tonight for the first time in many many years, I'm knackered now.

The gym is just too scary at the moment.

I have started a virtual event too OP. It's the Spine race, 268 miles during January.

It's 10 miles a day for 6 days a week. I add on little extra mileage here and there to have something in reserve should I need to have a break for any reason.

I did this challenge last January and completed it, so I have learned lessons and am aware of the commitment it requires.... which I actually enjoy

So far I am on target, it's my rest day today. I have been away for the weekend and still managed to fit in my mileage.

NBVN x

Tenby till end of Sep

"I went running tonight for the first time in many many years, I'm knackered now.

The gym is just too scary at the moment. "

First ones always the hardest. Well done for getting out there.

Tenby till end of Sep

"I have started a virtual event too OP. It's the Spine race, 268 miles during January.

It's 10 miles a day for 6 days a week. I add on little extra mileage here and there to have something in reserve should I need to have a break for any reason.

I did this challenge last January and completed it, so I have learned lessons and am aware of the commitment it requires.... which I actually enjoy

So far I am on target, it's my rest day today. I have been away for the weekend and still managed to fit in my mileage.

NBVN x"

Wow, that sounds intense. I’m aiming to walk 100km and run another 100km (assuming injury clears up) and that seemed like a stretch.

Good luck and go for it xx

"I have started a virtual event too OP. It's the Spine race, 268 miles during January.

NBVN x

Wow, that sounds intense. I’m aiming to walk 100km and run another 100km (assuming injury clears up) and that seemed like a stretch.

Good luck and go for it xx"

Your challenge is a big commitment too. I do think blending walking with running is great to also avoid injury and build strength in all muscle areas.

Good luck

NBVN x

Nursing a sore knee after my first 100+ mile event on the Pennine way on the weekend. It was the short version of the race her ladyship is doing virtually this month. Probably won't be back running until the weekend.

Mr

By *estmids71Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Oh when you said crap runners I thought you meant my "investment" in the 1.50 at Newmarket last week

» Add a new message to this topic