FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New Music

New Music

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm finding that my music streaming is getting increasingly narrow and looking for some new music. Open to most genres, would love to hear what everyone's listening to at the moment.

Wet Leg is one I'm currently enjoying.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My cd's from 8 years ago.

By *orruptionandliesMan  over a year ago

leeds

Still loving the snuts and lathums

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

"Still loving the snuts and lathums "

Thought the lathums were very unoriginal. Only good thing is they aren't that boring whining shite like Lewis capaldi and ed Sheeran.

savannah dexter

leeds

"Still loving the snuts and lathums

Thought the lathums were very unoriginal. Only good thing is they aren't that boring whining shite like Lewis capaldi and ed Sheeran."

Saw em a kendal calling couple of years back really small set

leeds

Lancashire hot pots

The Mysterines and the dead deads are probably the best new ones around rock wise.

I enjoyed the self esteem album.

Alfie Templeton is also promising.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Spiritbox

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Wet Leg are amazing.

I've been listening to a lot of Wargasm and Hen Ogledd.

If those two don't show how extreme my range of music tastes are, nothing will

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Blue man group

Mozart

Beethoven

Rammstien

Prodigy

"I'm finding that my music streaming is getting increasingly narrow and looking for some new music. Open to most genres, would love to hear what everyone's listening to at the moment.

Wet Leg is one I'm currently enjoying."

Love wet leg

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Black Pistol Fire is one of my favourite bands. They're like a blues/garage rock band

By *heirry84Man  over a year ago

Midlands

If you like British hip hop verb t and illinformed are killing it at the moment.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"alt-J" is my band of the month, plus "Metronomy" on a loop for me.

Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar

For me it would have to be Royal Blood. As a muso myself I do appreciate their musicianship & great to see performing live.

Midlands

"Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar"

Man I haven't heard mad caddies in a while. I remember seeing them play when they released duck and cover and it was an amazing gig!

"For me it would have to be Royal Blood. As a muso myself I do appreciate their musicianship & great to see performing live. "

Musicianship?

"Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar

Man I haven't heard mad caddies in a while. I remember seeing them play when they released duck and cover and it was an amazing gig!"

Where was that? You’d of been 14

Midlands

"Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar

Man I haven't heard mad caddies in a while. I remember seeing them play when they released duck and cover and it was an amazing gig!

Where was that? You’d of been 14"

It was in Brum at the foundry. Yeah was gigging early. Mates mom and dad used to take a few of us to gigs then pick us up. Saw reel big fish, presidents of United states, goldfinger and loads of great bands around the same time. We even went to deconstruction in London when i was 16 on our own. We missed the train back and slept in an internet cafe. Was scary at the time walking the streets looking for somewhere safe to get some shut eye but no regrets

"Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar

It was in Brum at the foundry. Yeah was gigging early. Mates mom and dad used to take a few of us to gigs then pick us up. Saw reel big fish, presidents of United states, goldfinger and loads of great bands around the same time. We even went to deconstruction in London when i was 16 on our own. We missed the train back and slept in an internet cafe. Was scary at the time walking the streets looking for somewhere safe to get some shut eye but no regrets"

My first gig was Goldfinger at 16, after that I was hooked. Still to this day my favourite live bands are mad caddies and goldfinger

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Right now i'm listening Adele - I Drink Red Wine , i really love this song , from all her albums this one in my opinion is the most beautiful

"For me it would have to be Royal Blood. As a muso myself I do appreciate their musicianship & great to see performing live.

Musicianship?"

Yes musicianship, suggest you google it!

"For me it would have to be Royal Blood. As a muso myself I do appreciate their musicianship & great to see performing live.

Musicianship?

Yes musicianship, suggest you google it!"

I’m aware of the word. But I’m not sure they relate to that word

Midlands

"Mad Caddies

MxPx

Potatoe Pirates

Body Jar

It was in Brum at the foundry. Yeah was gigging early. Mates mom and dad used to take a few of us to gigs then pick us up. Saw reel big fish, presidents of United states, goldfinger and loads of great bands around the same time. We even went to deconstruction in London when i was 16 on our own. We missed the train back and slept in an internet cafe. Was scary at the time walking the streets looking for somewhere safe to get some shut eye but no regrets

My first gig was Goldfinger at 16, after that I was hooked. Still to this day my favourite live bands are mad caddies and goldfinger"

Yeah goldfinger are so good. Listened to hang ups the other day and it's still up there for me. Golfinger were so good live! They blew the system when I saw them and gave the crowd loads of beer and carried on playing an acoustic set. Still my fav gig has to be Fantastic Negrito. That guy knows how to put on a show!

Musicianship?

I’m aware of the word. But I’m not sure they relate to that word"

Your opinion mate, after 40 odd years of working in the music biz I think I'm a pretty good judge of who deserves merit & there haven't been that many for the past ten or so years!

But enuff said I have stuff to do & places to be. Good night all & god bless, whoever your god maybe!

Midlands

Musicianship?

Your opinion mate, after 40 odd years of working in the music biz I think I'm a pretty good judge of who deserves merit & there haven't been that many for the past ten or so years!

But enuff said I have stuff to do & places to be. Good night all & god bless, whoever your god maybe! "

There's always loads of great musicians out there no matter the genre you're into. 40 odd years should have taught you that much

Musicianship?

But enuff said I have stuff to do & places to be. Good night all & god bless, whoever your god maybe!

There's always loads of great musicians out there no matter the genre you're into. 40 odd years should have taught you that much"

You'd think so wouldn't you! Unfortunately they're rarely heard.

Try telling the majority of record companies & arseholes who listen to the amount of crap that's heard everyday on radio, TV & internet.

Sorry chum, I don't deny great artists exist but the standard of many so called known artists these days is lower than many realise but believe whatever you want, it's your choice & I've had this conversation so many times it's now boring....in fact I really don't know why I bothered saying anything in the first place as it's a wasted comment on most people...maybe it's the fresh air being on a break outside the studio..

Sorry I shall go, for good this time. Have fun kiddies. xxx

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"For me it would have to be Royal Blood. As a muso myself I do appreciate their musicianship & great to see performing live. "

Love Royal Blood and if you have that much experience in the music business then I'd love to hear any recommendations you have for similar artists

Musicianship?

There's always loads of great musicians out there no matter the genre you're into. 40 odd years should have taught you that much

Try telling the majority of record companies & arseholes who listen to the amount of crap that's heard everyday on radio, TV & internet.

Sorry chum, I don't deny great artists exist but the standard of many so called known artists these days is lower than many realise but believe whatever you want, it's your choice & I've had this conversation so many times it's now boring....in fact I really don't know why I bothered saying anything in the first place as it's a wasted comment on most people...maybe it's the fresh air being on a break outside the studio..

Sorry I shall go, for good this time. Have fun kiddies. xxx "

I’ve been in bands over 2 decades. What do you do in the industry

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple  over a year ago

Kent

I’ve got a Spotify list in the works for the gym which includes Sam Fender, Harry Styles and an American band called Wallows so I’m listening to that tons. Also loving Highly Suspect and The Weeknd at the moment. I listened to Lublin Park at the gym last night and it took me right back to being 15!

C x

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Bryde is a good shout I think, skinny living now known as new familiar as well

Midlands

Musicianship?

Sorry I shall go, for good this time. Have fun kiddies. xxx "

But surely you must realise that your opinion is not absolute. Just because a musician doesn't meet your set standards does that mean they're bad? What if millions of people like them? But then again, does that make them good? A subjective opinion is yours but by lording your experience over others and being so dismissive doesn't make you right. In all honesty it just makes you sound bitter and jaded. I'm sure there were plenty of folk saying the same things you are about the musicians you love when they first came out.

I think there's plenty of quality stuff out there and they're always will be. You just gotta look for it

Musicianship?

Sorry I shall go, for good this time. Have fun kiddies. xxx

But surely you must realise that your opinion is not absolute. Just because a musician doesn't meet your set standards does that mean they're bad? What if millions of people like them? But then again, does that make them good? A subjective opinion is yours but by lording your experience over others and being so dismissive doesn't make you right. In all honesty it just makes you sound bitter and jaded. I'm sure there were plenty of folk saying the same things you are about the musicians you love when they first came out.

I think there's plenty of quality stuff out there and they're always will be. You just gotta look for it"

Agreed.

Well, listen to some responding to my earlier comments...

Jaded & bitter????? Why should I be??? well more defensive a bit...when it comes to questioning my abilities, professions & knowledge. I have to state a few things, as would anyone else no doubt!

I've played guitar, bass & sung in a number of bands, my own, session work & recording from small to really big names. Published composer/songwriter. A recording & live sound engineer (front of house & stage). Personal assistant for a few! I've worked with, met & seen numerous bands, conductors/orchestras & solo artists in all types of venues from church halls, social clubs to American/Mexican/European stadiums!

Changes over the years. Most hear a song & that's as far as it goes....great that's fine. You like it then enjoy it, boogie to it & get on down. I'm the same as the rest, if I like a tune I'll listen to it & groove along, after all it's what touches you that matters. For some of us we can actually dislike the band & songs but we can still admire & like the people, musicianship & abilities.

Agree, disagree or neither, if you choose not to decide you'll still have made a choice....most music today & the past decade or so is down to unheard of session musicians, certain recording equipment, computers, programs & publicity... the public generally don't see through the fabrication, it's a beat to tap their foot to whilst having a drink & chatting to their mates!

I don't really mind, it's made my money for decades. I've travelled the world, met interesting folk, bedded numerous women, helped many charities, got my classic cars, American muscle cars & motorbikes. I've been lucky & I appreciate it all, even the bad shit (& comments!), yep it's been bloody difficult & hard work as well but rewarding. If I dropped down dead tomorrow I wouldn't complain as I have lived life.

But rather than moan, challenge or dismiss a professional comment because you don't like the truth or what they're stating do some research & start supporting the real musicians not the fabricated sounds that seem to dominate your lugholes!!!

For some who work in the music/entertainment industry, I'm sure there are a few, you may disagree, that's fine no problem. After all we're here to discuss not argue so don't take offence, we're all doing the best that we can, especially with such recent difficult times.

To clarify...some will wonder..I'm leaving this site soon, nothing to do with this forum's thread or comments, I just have to move on, much to catch up on as I've been long term ill. My life's probably shorter now so I have stuff to do.

Enjoy what you like, make the most of life, help & care for others & best of health to you all.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well, this took a turn for the aggy.

Thanks for all who posted, will check out your recommendations.

» Add a new message to this topic