FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being left on read???

Being left on read???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So guys and girls.

Would you rather be left on read as opposed to be told you’re not what there looking for.

I would rather be told straight up as it’s better communication..

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

On here I wouldn’t really pay much attention to it. In real world by someone I’m romantically interested in it does wind me up.

" "

Well played.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Depends how they were going to tell me! If it was gently then ok, but if not then for the love of god leave me on read!

"On here I wouldn’t really pay much attention to it. In real world by someone I’m romantically interested in it does wind me up. "

That dreaded blue tick….agreed on the above

"On here I wouldn’t really pay much attention to it. In real world by someone I’m romantically interested in it does wind me up. "

That’s true, on here I’ve learned the hard way lol so I’ve just come to bare with it.

However in real life it does because a nuisance.

"Depends how they were going to tell me! If it was gently then ok, but if not then for the love of god leave me on read!"

Haha, I’ve once had an “ewww no never” after I told them I was brown.. was left shocked.. so in that instance I would have rather be left on read lolll

I just waited for the next taxi.

Ended up sharing with some chicks.

I actually think they just wanted some of my kebob.

"I just waited for the next taxi.

I actually think they just wanted some of my kebob."

I’m very confused but intrigued on this story as it has nothing to do with the topic hahaha

To be told. It’s common courtesy

By *onksoozeCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I try to reply and my reply depends on whether they have read our profile. Its rude not to, so if they havent I dont feel too bad about being blunt.

By *zbedMan  over a year ago

wakefield

"So guys and girls.

Would you rather be left on read as opposed to be told you’re not what there looking for.

Thoughts? "

Hi, I prefer a ruthless let down to be honest.

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

The problem is and correct me if I'm wrong ladies, they get bombarded by guys and simply can't brutally tell you no chance.

My fab friend had 230 messages in one evening.

So take the left read as a no I reckon

"The problem is and correct me if I'm wrong ladies, they get bombarded by guys and simply can't brutally tell you no chance.

My fab friend had 230 messages in one evening.

So take the left read as a no I reckon "

True I guess, but for example if they’ve chatted Abit and then decide it’s a no. I’d rather be told no. Common curtesy

"I try to reply and my reply depends on whether they have read our profile. Its rude not to, so if they havent I dont feel too bad about being blunt. "

I agree. Depending on the message you should reply with the same energy.

By *il sub princessWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

Most men if told 'No thank you' will reply politely with 'Thanks for replying'

However some will respond with 'Why'

Really rattles my feathers

"Most men if told 'No thank you' will reply politely with 'Thanks for replying'

Really rattles my feathers"

True you always get a few odd ones out but that happens regardless. A reply just shows mutual respect in my eyes.

West Midlands

True you always get a few odd ones out but that happens regardless. A reply just shows mutual respect in my eyes. "

It is difficult to respond to every message, well impossible I should say

By *jekimMan  over a year ago

Wigan

Definitely an honest reply is always the best way

True you always get a few odd ones out but that happens regardless. A reply just shows mutual respect in my eyes.

It is difficult to respond to every message, well impossible I should say"

That is also true haha. I think it’s ok to reply to people you’ve sent a message to

I really couldn't care less if they blank my message or reply with a decline either one identifys as a Nish Nish to me why would you be interested in hearing back from someone who's not interested it's not you its me sorry babes mwahh. Stick it

West Midlands

"I really couldn't care less if they blank my message or reply with a decline either one identifys as a Nish Nish to me why would you be interested in hearing back from someone who's not interested it's not you its me sorry babes mwahh. Stick it"

It's not me, it's you

That's how gently LSP broke it to her boyfriends at school now she just lobs an empty bottle of vodka at them followed by a voice like brick top that says nah fuck off

"I really couldn't care less if they blank my message or reply with a decline either one identifys as a Nish Nish to me why would you be interested in hearing back from someone who's not interested it's not you its me sorry babes mwahh. Stick it

It's not me, it's you "

I’m just not ready for this

West Midlands

"That's how gently LSP broke it to her boyfriends at school now she just lobs an empty bottle of vodka at them followed by a voice like brick top that says nah fuck off"

This is true

I give it two weeks,that's surely plenty of time,if still unread,I delete,and forget.

I understand how annoying it is, but in our case we are occasionally guilty of this. Sometimes its because were just glancing through the endless number of messages. We often have every intent on replying promptly but some get missed or are aimed at the other half, Or we want our other half to see before we send a decision / response.

I think sometimes its kinder to just delete them. Its too time consuming at times. Sad but true.

"I really couldn't care less if they blank my message or reply with a decline either one identifys as a Nish Nish to me why would you be interested in hearing back from someone who's not interested it's not you its me sorry babes mwahh. Stick it"

This guy has the right attitude!

By *tagmeupMan  over a year ago

wirral

I couldn’t give a damn, their loss

I think it very depends on the context of the message and if it deserves a reply

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We prefer to know and not be ignored. There are sometimes that we let a message languish a bit waiting for both of us to get to read it.

Not everyone is so graceful recieving a No thank you.

It's likely responses from these kind that encourage people to ignore rather than reply to each message.

Common courtesy, manners cost nothing etc, it's a shame the responses to a polite No don't always hold the same belief.

Send your message, don't bother keeping on checking on whether it's read or deleted.

Just keep your eye on your inbox.

"Not everyone is so graceful recieving a No thank you.

It's likely responses from these kind that encourage people to ignore rather than reply to each message.

Common courtesy, manners cost nothing etc, it's a shame the responses to a polite No don't always hold the same belief.

Send your message, don't bother keeping on checking on whether it's read or deleted.

Just keep your eye on your inbox."

I meant that I’d care if I got a reply after they have sent a message aswell. If it’s me messaging first and they don’t reply then it’s all good but if they reply and I text back, then I’d rather have a message saying if they don’t want to take it further etc

By *ucifergwCouple  over a year ago

East mids

I allways try to reply to messages my appolgys if i miss a few

As often I have to wait on wife to look and choose

She says she is playing for me it's her choice who she plays with

90% will be told ty but no ty

Hate me i dont care block me again I don't care

Wife is currently happy with her choice

Wife happy I'm happy

"I allways try to reply to messages my appolgys if i miss a few

As often I have to wait on wife to look and choose

She says she is playing for me it's her choice who she plays with

90% will be told ty but no ty

Hate me i dont care block me again I don't care

Wife is currently happy with her choice

Wife happy I'm happy "

Happy wife.. happy life as they say

wirral

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 09:05:02]

wirral

Unfortunately single ladies have the choice sometimes where they would not get anywhere near the attention if any if they were for example out in a pub or bar. It can go to their head (sure il get shot down for this) and men will lower their standards for a quick shag. It is a far from equal site, some people will find what they want but many will make do with what they can get. It gives the women a feeling of superiority and therefore they can respond as and how they please although Fab is not the real world.

"Not everyone is so graceful recieving a No thank you.

Just keep your eye on your inbox.

I meant that I’d care if I got a reply after they have sent a message aswell. If it’s me messaging first and they don’t reply then it’s all good but if they reply and I text back, then I’d rather have a message saying if they don’t want to take it further etc "

Same again, a polite No isn't always greeted with the same politeness.

I tend to remain polite in messages and express if we're not interested.

And some of the responses have been disrespectful and quite harsh at times.

People are sometimes afraid of that backlash and hope the other takes the hint.

Don't take it personal, it's likely past responses that hold them back from expressing a polite but firm No thank you.

"Unfortunately single ladies have the choice sometimes where they would not get anywhere near the attention if any if they were for example out in a pub or bar. It can go to their head (sure il get shot down for this) and men will lower their standards for a quick shag. It is a far from equal site, some people will find what they want but many will make do with what they can get. It gives the women a feeling of superiority and therefore they can respond as and how they please although Fab is not the real world. "

I don't know why you'd think you'd be shot down for suggesting women don't reply because they're up themselves and they only get shags because men lower their standards? Gosh.

wirral

Just got a feeling but yes you have just abbreviated my very long message well.

"Unfortunately single ladies have the choice sometimes where they would not get anywhere near the attention if any if they were for example out in a pub or bar. It can go to their head (sure il get shot down for this) and men will lower their standards for a quick shag. It is a far from equal site, some people will find what they want but many will make do with what they can get. It gives the women a feeling of superiority and therefore they can respond as and how they please although Fab is not the real world. "

And it's this kind of disrespectful viewpoint on why many choose to not reply, rather than take the risk of abuse.

Not stating you will necessarily abuse someone via message after a polite No.

Only that you're not alone with such a perspective.

Though, It does kinda comes across as entitled as those you make your comment. Just saying.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I delete my messages as soon as I send them so I've never know the read status.

"Just got a feeling but yes you have just abbreviated my very long message well.

"

May be up myself, but i can summarise.

Your suggestion is often posted here, and I think it's a way for men to make themselves feel better. When the stark reality is that it's the 100:1 men:women ratio and the behaviour of many single men that's the core of the problem.

I'd rather be replied to just so I know my message wasn't lost in the sea of faf and dick pics.

"So guys and girls.

Thoughts? "

Yes I'd tell them and block is that reasonable?

wirral

"Just got a feeling but yes you have just abbreviated my very long message well.

May be up myself, but i can summarise.

Your suggestion is often posted here, and I think it's a way for men to make themselves feel better. When the stark reality is that it's the 100:1 men:women ratio and the behaviour of many single men that's the core of the problem. "

I totally agree. Iv been on here as a couple in the past and some of the messages are shocking.

"I just waited for the next taxi.

I actually think they just wanted some of my kebob.

I’m very confused but intrigued on this story as it has nothing to do with the topic hahaha"

I think I read the title as left on road.

Anyways, thanks for reading my wittering

Don't you think women have the upper hand on this swinging site, no matter how they reply? It certainly feels that way in clubs

No reply means they're not interested. The site rules clearly state that.

So who's at fault here? The women for getting "above their station" or the men for being so desperate to have their balls drained that they'll blow smoke up someone's arse?

wirral

"Unfortunately single ladies have the choice sometimes where they would not get anywhere near the attention if any if they were for example out in a pub or bar. It can go to their head (sure il get shot down for this) and men will lower their standards for a quick shag. It is a far from equal site, some people will find what they want but many will make do with what they can get. It gives the women a feeling of superiority and therefore they can respond as and how they please although Fab is not the real world.

So who's at fault here? The women for getting "above their station" or the men for being so desperate to have their balls drained that they'll blow smoke up someone's arse?"

100% the men and iv never suggested anything other.

wirral

"Unfortunately single ladies have the choice sometimes where they would not get anywhere near the attention if any if they were for example out in a pub or bar. It can go to their head (sure il get shot down for this) and men will lower their standards for a quick shag. It is a far from equal site, some people will find what they want but many will make do with what they can get. It gives the women a feeling of superiority and therefore they can respond as and how they please although Fab is not the real world.

Don't you think women have the upper hand on this swinging site, no matter how they reply? It certainly feels that way in clubs "

Yes they do although i think the odds are more in Genuine peoples favours in the clubs as you meet in person .

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I never check my sent messages, so wouldn't know who has read or not read what I've sent

So who's at fault here? The women for getting "above their station" or the men for being so desperate to have their balls drained that they'll blow smoke up someone's arse?

100% the men and iv never suggested anything other."

Fair enough

I’ll never understand why ladies don’t reply to my “s’up”

They’re all up themselves, that’s their problem!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't have time to reply to every single msg. I just delete, keeps the inbox tidy.

If a msg is crude, I'll mark it as unread and delete.

Best peace off atvice I can give delete the messages after sending that way you don’t know what’s happened to it

Hard one for me to answer as all my messages get read

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"I don't have time to reply to every single msg. I just delete, keeps the inbox tidy.

If a msg is crude, I'll mark it as unread and delete."

How should guys tell the difference between “deleted coz I’m not interested” and “deleted because there’s too many”

Site rules say deleted = not interested, don’t message again

"So guys and girls.

Thoughts? "

If the person fits my requirements but I’m not interested for whatever reason, I respond. If they clearly haven’t read my profile - I do not respond, because that’s on them!

I have had my first experience of being ignored on here. I rarely message first. But I found a guy who matched what I was looking for. I was so excited. Could visualise us having sex. I messaged him, he checked out my profile then didn’t respond. Heart - broken. Pussy - unfucked (by him atleast). Can’t believe this is what you guys experience everyday lol.

"I don't have time to reply to every single msg. I just delete, keeps the inbox tidy.

If a msg is crude, I'll mark it as unread and delete.

How should guys tell the difference between “deleted coz I’m not interested” and “deleted because there’s too many”

Site rules say deleted = not interested, don’t message again "

You don’t tell the difference. You just message someone else, and then someone else until you get a reply.

"So guys and girls.

Thoughts?

If the person fits my requirements but I’m not interested for whatever reason, I respond. If they clearly haven’t read my profile - I do not respond, because that’s on them!

I have had my first experience of being ignored on here. I rarely message first. But I found a guy who matched what I was looking for. I was so excited. Could visualise us having sex. I messaged him, he checked out my profile then didn’t respond. Heart - broken. Pussy - unfucked (by him atleast). Can’t believe this is what you guys experience everyday lol. "

Us men have to be thick skinned for a reason haha!!

But as I always say….just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It doesn’t matter either way for us.

If you are left read and no reply for days then it’s pretty much the same as a no thanks.

People who are interested in you will reply sooner rather than later.

Of course life gets in the way of replying and such like but everyone makes time for the people they want to make time for…

K

Send a message, delete it, if you get a reply then bonus, if you don’t then you won’t cry yourself to sleep staring at the bright glow of an unanswered message

I've just messaged to call someone a pillow muncher and it's still showing as unread.

Rude.

"I've just messaged to call someone a pillow muncher and it's still showing as unread.

Rude."

Don’t worry.

I’ve seen it.

"I've just messaged to call someone a pillow muncher and it's still showing as unread.

Rude.

Don’t worry.

I’ve seen it."

I would rather a message read and deleted or a polite no thanks message if they have the time.

I'd rather it was just deleted, which it usually is..

West Midlands

I'm obviously awful as I never delete messages

To be honest I always delete sent messages so I never know!

» Add a new message to this topic