FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Apprentice

The Apprentice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not seen a thread on this since it started Thursday but apologies if there is already one.

Is anyone watching it this year?? They are just as clueless as ever, some things never change

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Watched it for the first time ever and loved it. Can anyone explain what bouji actually is?

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Yes I watched it. They all seem very full of themselves and talk bullshit when talking themselves up.

Can't understand why anyone would want to go on that programme.

"Watched it for the first time ever and loved it. Can anyone explain what bouji actually is? "

Ahh mate you've been missing out for 15 years!!

"Bougie" is Internet language for classy but in a snooty way. Someone who's well put together and will ONLY drink Dom, wear Chanel etc etc. It's historically mainly been used when talking about well-off Black women but started getting into mainstream recently.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

They don't invite the "best and brightest" on the show, they would get along too well and too professionally. Nick Hewer admitted as much in a magazine interview some years back.

The Apprentice is a TV show, entertainment matters more than ability and intellect.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Me and three of my mates used to watch and live chat about it (we live at a fair distance from each other). We've been doing that for years, but for some reason this year none of us are feeling it so we've given it a swerve.

I might have a nosey at an episode or two later in the series, but I can't seem to muster any enthusiasm for it at the mo.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The show is for TV. For it to work and be 15 series in, the vast majority of its viewers would need to be more 'intelligent' than the candidates. The ineptitude of the contestants result ib talking points and creates conversations which draw people back to the show.

"Yes I watched it. They all seem very full of themselves and talk bullshit when talking themselves up.

Can't understand why anyone would want to go on that programme. "

It's like this every year. The more outlandish you sound, the better your chances of getting on - a lot of it is for the cameras. Some are only on there for their 15 minutes but to be fair it is a great platform if you're genuine about wanting to set up a business; the winners have mostly seen a lot of success so far.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Originally it was a serious show but shit sells and I do tune in to see the fun and games but also hope that a decent candidate gets to work with Alan

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Bougie.

The vomiting turd.

The lack of logo.

The nonsensical adverts.

Marketing isn't complicated.

I love the show so much. It's ridiculous, the women are all beginning to morph into one but I will watch every episode and delight in their abysmal failures to do basic things yet arrogantly.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I watch it but purely for the talent the wee Indian one (not the hijab wearing one) was sooo fine

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I can’t watch it, he reminds me too much of a previous (demanding) boss!

"Bougie.

The vomiting turd.

The lack of logo.

The nonsensical adverts.

Marketing isn't complicated.

I love the show so much. It's ridiculous, the women are all beginning to morph into one but I will watch every episode and delight in their abysmal failures to do basic things yet arrogantly."

I just don't understand how so many fully functioning adults can have such little common sense between them

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They all seem to not have ever watched any of the previous episodes when they apply, why else do they constantly get torn up for arse paper as some of the complete b's they applied with on the 'grilling' gets shredded ..

"I watch it but purely for the talent the wee Indian one (not the hijab wearing one) was sooo fine"

The wee Indian one.

The wee... Indian one...

Gonna need to digest that for a second

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I spied a very handsome man in the Apprentice this year. Will definitely be watching him again.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I spied a very handsome man in the Apprentice this year. Will definitely be watching him again."

Just googled. His name is Aaron Willis

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"The show is for TV. For it to work and be 15 series in, the vast majority of its viewers would need to be more 'intelligent' than the candidates. The ineptitude of the contestants result ib talking points and creates conversations which draw people back to the show. "

In a nutshell

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I spied a very handsome man in the Apprentice this year. Will definitely be watching him again.

Just googled. His name is Aaron Willis"

Akshay was more pleasing on the eye

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

It’s edited to highlight their mistakes I doubt they’d be keen on showing when they come up with some good ideas. Also you’re in a team but ultimately ‘win’ on your own merits at the end.

However my biggest issue I have with the programme is the investment angle they have now. Sugar will have already seen their business plans and anything he quite likes the idea or business, that candidate can fuck up as much as they want, he’ll want them to win so won’t fire them.

So in other words …. It’s rigged right from the start

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

That blob of snot for a motif was inspired. How in the world, even under time constraints would anyone think you could back it

"It’s edited to highlight their mistakes I doubt they’d be keen on showing when they come up with some good ideas. Also you’re in a team but ultimately ‘win’ on your own merits at the end.

However my biggest issue I have with the programme is the investment angle they have now. Sugar will have already seen their business plans and anything he quite likes the idea or business, that candidate can fuck up as much as they want, he’ll want them to win so won’t fire them.

So in other words …. It’s rigged right from the start"

From past series Lord Sugar doesn't start considering business plans until near the end though, and they have the whole time until the interviews stage to amend and work on them

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"It’s edited to highlight their mistakes I doubt they’d be keen on showing when they come up with some good ideas. Also you’re in a team but ultimately ‘win’ on your own merits at the end.

So in other words …. It’s rigged right from the start

From past series Lord Sugar doesn't start considering business plans until near the end though, and they have the whole time until the interviews stage to amend and work on them "

You could be right but I think he’ll have a sneaky look at the start. I know I would

By *ewClubCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I’m so behind, I didn’t even realise a new series had started but I’ll catch up!

» Add a new message to this topic