FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dom Joly. What would he do?

Dom Joly. What would he do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/01/22 20:52:33]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Okay, so I've bought a 3 wheel "walker" for my elderly Dad. It's got a basket, a bag and even a tray! Not to mention 2 handlebars and 2 brakes!

Now, my problem is this.

I have to collect this item and I can only use public transport (the bus).

Since it's got both a fixed wireframe basket and a solid plastic tray, I can't just fold it up because I don't have enough hands to carry everything.

So, given that it won't fold up, then on the bus it's gonna have to go in the special area at the front along with any other prams, wheelchairs, walkers etc.

What would Dom Joly do in this situation?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't know about Dom. But I'd go full out rain hat, beige coat, polyester frock, baggy ankle tights and granny boots. Rock that look and push the trolley like I owned it.

Aye you clearly need to have your trousers fall down as you get off the bus…

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Okay, so I've bought a 3 wheel "walker" for my elderly Dad. It's got a basket, a bag and even a tray! Not to mention 2 handlebars and 2 brakes!

Now, my problem is this.

I have to collect this item and I can only use public transport (the bus).

Since it's got both a fixed wireframe basket and a solid plastic tray, I can't just fold it up because I don't have enough hands to carry everything.

So, given that it won't fold up, then on the bus it's gonna have to go in the special area at the front along with any other prams, wheelchairs, walkers etc.

What would Dom Joly do in this situation?"

Get a taxi

"Don't know about Dom. But I'd go full out rain hat, beige coat, polyester frock, baggy ankle tights and granny boots. Rock that look and push the trolley like I owned it. "

This is quite close to how I would imagine Dom Joly doing it.

I was thinking, catch the bus with a humped back, an unsteady gait, a limp, perhaps even pressing the special button to request that the bus driver operate the access ramp.

Then, at my destination, after struggling to depart the bus, promptly swing the walker upside down above my head and jog down the street.

This could be both exceedingly funny and exceedingly -ist.

Thoughts?

"Don't know about Dom. But I'd go full out rain hat, beige coat, polyester frock, baggy ankle tights and granny boots. Rock that look and push the trolley like I owned it.

I was thinking, catch the bus with a humped back, an unsteady gait, a limp, perhaps even pressing the special button to request that the bus driver operate the access ramp.

Then, at my destination, after struggling to depart the bus, promptly swing the walker upside down above my head and jog down the street.

Thoughts?"

Yes!! Do it!

"Don't know about Dom. But I'd go full out rain hat, beige coat, polyester frock, baggy ankle tights and granny boots. Rock that look and push the trolley like I owned it. "

Go big, or go home!

"Don't know about Dom. But I'd go full out rain hat, beige coat, polyester frock, baggy ankle tights and granny boots. Rock that look and push the trolley like I owned it.

Thoughts?

Yes!! Do it! "

I would more than happily do this.

But I need a cameraman

» Add a new message to this topic