FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > You know when you just know

You know when you just know

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That someone isn’t going to be successful on here, do you cut straight to the point and say it or give a load of advice that won’t do fuck all to help and you’re just enabling the inevitable?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzibeth9Couple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Yes.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Let them be

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Neither x

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I’d tell guys unless your gonna make the effort to go clubs/social very regularly

Or your like a 6’2 model with a big knob

Don’t bother in here. Tinder is betterv

By *onnynclaireCouple  over a year ago

Reading

"That someone isn’t going to be successful on here, do you cut straight to the point and say it or give a load of advice that won’t do fuck all to help and you’re just enabling the inevitable? "

We’d rather just tell them that they aren’t for us.

We’d like to be told too rather than just blanked when picture is sent.

We know that people get a lot of messages. We get a few and try to let the ones who have bothered to read our profile know what we think.

If you haven’t bothered to read it then you’ll just be blanked.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d just leave them be unless the specifically asked and then I’d say go to a club and social.

"That someone isn’t going to be successful on here, do you cut straight to the point and say it or give a load of advice that won’t do fuck all to help and you’re just enabling the inevitable? "

Depends on what yours and their definition of successful is

"That someone isn’t going to be successful on here, do you cut straight to the point and say it or give a load of advice that won’t do fuck all to help and you’re just enabling the inevitable?

Depends on what yours and their definition of successful is"

Getting replies to their messages, acknowledged, having meets.

I think it does depend on why that person is here though, for example they may not have any meets and may behave in a particular manner but they may not actually be interested in meeting and just enjoy the social aspect of the site. You can never be so sure as to why someone may be using the site, and just cos you may think they wont have success based on your opinion of them, doesnt mean they havent had success in the past with ppl who have no issue with them.

When I look at my local updates some of the unlikeliest of people are getting meets and veris so wouldnt like to say.

"That someone isn’t going to be successful on here, do you cut straight to the point and say it or give a load of advice that won’t do fuck all to help and you’re just enabling the inevitable?

Getting replies to their messages, acknowledged, having meets. "

They may have to work harder than some but nothing is impossible. One persons trash is another ones treasure and all that shit

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Getting replies to their messages, acknowledged, having meets. "

And have you some magic crystal ball to know that?

I think anyone has a chance, they might need to learn, grow etc... but I like to believe that everyone has the capability for growth

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

If asked I give advice, but 9 times out of 10 they dont act upon it.

This is meant when someone is flat out asking what they can do to have some luck not just me picking a profile and thinking hmm you ain’t gonna do well on here.

I’ve seen people that look like a melted welly with 10-15 verifications, I didn’t read them so they could be fucking terrible but still

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

If they asked, I'd tell them straight.

I don’t think anybody has the right to flat out tell someone not to bother.

Neither because it's not for me to say what is successful and what isn't. For some people just chatting is what they want so therefore if they chat with people they are successful.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I wouldn't bother, you're just opening the door for them to chat to you and if they're not your type what's the point in that?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Sorry, didn't read the OP properly. If they asked, I'd tell them straight what I thought of their profile and try to give pointers if I thought it would help.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I wouldn't bother, what works for one person on here and has success could be disastrous for another

So I stay well clear if any advice.

Tg x

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't presuame that just because I've no interest in someone that no one else will and I would never be so arrogant to think I have a right to tell anyone else they shouldn't be on here.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

And how would one know if someone would have "no luck" on here? What criteria is used to decide that?

"I don't presuame that just because I've no interest in someone that no one else will and I would never be so arrogant to think I have a right to tell anyone else they shouldn't be on here. "

This

"I don't presuame that just because I've no interest in someone that no one else will and I would never be so arrogant to think I have a right to tell anyone else they shouldn't be on here. "

"I’d tell guys unless your gonna make the effort to go clubs/social very regularly

Don’t bother in here. Tinder is betterv"

Me and you should join the lonely hearts club

How do you know?

Say it if you want but it's just shitty of you to do so. And why you think if you can't do that you'd have to give them advice I do not know.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No,because one person's success could be anothers failure. It's all relative.

Everyone has the right to find their own way here at whatever level that may be without anyone else nudging them off the ledge.

I get very few messages, very rarely initiate chat and haven't had a shag off here in about 9 years

That said, I have enjoyed the company of some people from the forums (both on here and in person) and value those exchanges

I use Fab primarily because the forums offer me head space, laughs and some interesting insight

I also have a perve through the hot pics every day

Now, if I was here looking for a shag, as a 50+, short, speccy, chubby, slaphead, I dare say I'd struggle to get meets, but I'd know what to do to try and change it

So, from that perspective, Fab has been successful for me, just not in the way we would assume it to be

"No,because one person's success could be anothers failure. It's all relative.

Everyone has the right to find their own way here at whatever level that may be without anyone else nudging them off the ledge. "

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I’d tell guys unless your gonna make the effort to go clubs/social very regularly

Me and you should join the lonely hearts club "

They do say that birds of a feather flock together....

This

I find it odd to give people advice. Telling them to behave a certain way or change their profile so that it sounds good (and so not their words or personality in the profile) to get a shag just seems wrong.

People would be mighty pissed off if the person they met was not the amazing sounding person on the profile.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I wouldn't say it. Because I've got no way of knowing if they'll find what they're looking for on here or not, attraction is subjective.

Telling someone they've got no chance with anyone just because they don't ring my bell would cruel and arrogant of me. And I'm many things, but not those.

"I find it odd to give people advice. Telling them to behave a certain way or change their profile so that it sounds good (and so not their words or personality in the profile) to get a shag just seems wrong.

People would be mighty pissed off if the person they met was not the amazing sounding person on the profile. "

I don't agree that it's odd to give people advice that have asked for it. For example lots of people would like to know what others think. Advise doesn't have be given or taken.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I don’t feel this is something you can just know…there’s 30 odd thousand people or more on here there absolutely no way of knowing what they all want or desire. I’d find telling someone there going to be unsuccessful a very presumptuous and judgmental premonition to have, leave people be, there’s plenty of room for everyone here - if someone were to say that to me off the back of some images and a small bio it tell me more about them than anything else x

"I don't presuame that just because I've no interest in someone that no one else will and I would never be so arrogant to think I have a right to tell anyone else they shouldn't be on here.

This "

My nah will be someones yeah. I do not presume to determine who will be successful and certainly there are not any surprises anymore. To me there are many complete arses (not being gender specific) who are successful.

So unless you are actively going to try and destroy someones successes (arse or not), seriously doubt it could be determined.

w

Get on tinder for meets it’s easier

Belfast

"I find it odd to give people advice. Telling them to behave a certain way or change their profile so that it sounds good (and so not their words or personality in the profile) to get a shag just seems wrong.

People would be mighty pissed off if the person they met was not the amazing sounding person on the profile. "

When one of those threads pops up my advice is don't take advice from random people on the internet because you'll end up with a list of other people's suggestions and you will never live up to most of them.

Even the 3 guys who stole my entire profile in the last 18 months would have difficulty explaining the discrepancies.

w

Wait a minute your 6’0 hung and good looking

Get the fuckkkk out of here

I’d never have the heart to tell someone this! It seems really harsh to me.

Get the fuckkkk out of here "

Are your forgetting the chaos we've just caused by having an opinion on a different thread

w

Are your forgetting the chaos we've just caused by having an opinion on a different thread "

Forum is like 2% of the site and they’re all miles away usually

you’ll do fine with those baby blues

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Leave them be. If they ask for advice give it in a constructive way. They're an adult, they will figure it out.

Are your forgetting the chaos we've just caused by having an opinion on a different thread

Forum is like 2% of the site and they’re all miles away usually

you’ll do fine with those baby blues "

Not of them are as sweet as you though princess

It’s not arrogance to know the type of profiles that aren’t going to have success. Do they the ones that constantly post status updates about how rude women are or saying nobody wants to meet me, do those kind of profiles get you going? Especially when you factor in they have one picture or no pictures at all, little to no bio or just a one liner and a massive Facebook disclaimer. You think it’s arrogant to assume that kind of profile isn’t going to be a hit with the ladies and get responses to all of their messages?

evesham

Get on tinder for meets it’s easier "

Careful boys.... You'll get a name for yourselves

w

Careful boys.... You'll get a name for yourselves "

I meant Grindr

"I don't presuame that just because I've no interest in someone that no one else will and I would never be so arrogant to think I have a right to tell anyone else they shouldn't be on here.

It’s not arrogance to know the type of profiles that aren’t going to have success. Do they the ones that constantly post status updates about how rude women are or saying nobody wants to meet me, do those kind of profiles get you going? Especially when you factor in they have one picture or no pictures at all, little to no bio or just a one liner and a massive Facebook disclaimer. You think it’s arrogant to assume that kind of profile isn’t going to be a hit with the ladies and get responses to all of their messages?"

Then surely if they are asking for advice suggest they may find it better if they have photos or change the bio. If they are not asking for advice it is actually against site rules to give profile advice. You should never assume that somebody isn't going to be successful or tell them as such.

evesham

Careful boys.... You'll get a name for yourselves

I meant Grindr "

I know

People would be mighty pissed off if the person they met was not the amazing sounding person on the profile.

When one of those threads pops up my advice is don't take advice from random people on the internet because you'll end up with a list of other people's suggestions and you will never live up to most of them.

Even the 3 guys who stole my entire profile in the last 18 months would have difficulty explaining the discrepancies. "

Many of the threads fill up with entirely opposite advice anyway.

The ones who stole your profile might be the type to just want wank fodder and wouldn't ever meet.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Maybe its just your opinion OP. That doesn't mean all others on here will share it...

Everyone finds their own way if left to do so

Belfast

It’s not arrogance to know the type of profiles that aren’t going to have success. Do they the ones that constantly post status updates about how rude women are or saying nobody wants to meet me, do those kind of profiles get you going? Especially when you factor in they have one picture or no pictures at all, little to no bio or just a one liner and a massive Facebook disclaimer. You think it’s arrogant to assume that kind of profile isn’t going to be a hit with the ladies and get responses to all of their messages?"

It's arrogant to tell them or to think that regardless of what they may have on their profiles that that gives you a right to look down on them.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I said it would be arrogant of me to tell anyone they shouldn't be on here. And I stand by that. Plenty of women and men have virtually no bio or pics and still get meets. Plenty have statuses up that are full of rants but still get meets just because I may not be interested in someone does not mean no one else will so yes it would be extremely arrogant of me to presuame I have a right to tell anyone to leave the site .

You can do whatever you want that is up to you,just like I shall continue on my fab journey the way I want to.

It’s not arrogance to know the type of profiles that aren’t going to have success. Do they the ones that constantly post status updates about how rude women are or saying nobody wants to meet me, do those kind of profiles get you going? Especially when you factor in they have one picture or no pictures at all, little to no bio or just a one liner and a massive Facebook disclaimer. You think it’s arrogant to assume that kind of profile isn’t going to be a hit with the ladies and get responses to all of their messages?

It's arrogant to tell them or to think that regardless of what they may have on their profiles that that gives you a right to look down on them. "

Where did I mention I looked down on them?

Belfast

It's arrogant to tell them or to think that regardless of what they may have on their profiles that that gives you a right to look down on them.

Where did I mention I looked down on them? "

You have judged their profiles and decided they aren't of sufficient quality as far as you are concerned and rather than leave it at that you feel you should then tell them they aren't good enough to be here.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd give pointers to help them, if they seemed genuinely interested in getting fab to work better for them.

You have judged their profiles and decided they aren't of sufficient quality as far as you are concerned and rather than leave it at that you feel you should then tell them they aren't good enough to be here. "

That’s your interpretation.

Mine is more from a concern viewpoint. Knowing that that kind of profile, the pictures they have , the height they are, the negativity and frustration presented in the status updates, having no pictures. Over time the constant messages being deleted is going to grind on them.

w

You have judged their profiles and decided they aren't of sufficient quality as far as you are concerned and rather than leave it at that you feel you should then tell them they aren't good enough to be here.

Mine is more from a concern viewpoint. Knowing that that kind of profile, the pictures they have , the height they are, the negativity and frustration presented in the status updates, having no pictures. Over time the constant messages being deleted is going to grind on them. "

I get that. Why let someone suffer on here and have their confidence mushed into the dirt

It’s a fantasy that “everyone can do well if they try”

It’s a sad reality that in a sex site, where sex seems abs physical attraction is the main currency

Some guys are just gonna spin their wheels and waste their time on here

I think there’s a polite way to do it

“Your ugly mate don’t bother” probably isn’t the way

“It’s a sex site mate, they only want the tall handsome and hung, and your outnumbered 500 to 1. You’d be better off chatting up someone nice down the pub then sending 1000s of messages and getting nothing back” might be the kinder way

"I'd give pointers to help them, if they seemed genuinely interested in getting fab to work better for them. "

This! I did exactly this for someone today who messaged me. Did it privately as I feel that’s the best way! To be clear he wanted the advice!

evesham

Mine is more from a concern viewpoint. Knowing that that kind of profile, the pictures they have , the height they are, the negativity and frustration presented in the status updates, having no pictures. Over time the constant messages being deleted is going to grind on them.

I get that. Why let someone suffer on here and have their confidence mushed into the dirt

It’s a sad reality that in a sex site, where sex seems abs physical attraction is the main currency

“It’s a sex site mate, they only want the tall handsome and hung, and your outnumbered 500 to 1. You’d be better off chatting up someone nice down the pub then sending 1000s of messages and getting nothing back” might be the kinder way "

But not everyone want tall handsome and hung, do they?! It's not something I've ever cgsed after.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

It’s not up to any of us to tell someone they won’t be successful on here, none of us can predict who will meet who. People ask for advice and people give advice (see I said “people” and not “men”) because we like to be helpful generally

Mine is more from a concern viewpoint. Knowing that that kind of profile, the pictures they have , the height they are, the negativity and frustration presented in the status updates, having no pictures. Over time the constant messages being deleted is going to grind on them. "

If it's a bloke I'd tell him to quit while he's ahead and make friends with his right hand again. The women on here are brutal I've considered switching to men numerous times.

"I'd give pointers to help them, if they seemed genuinely interested in getting fab to work better for them.

This! I did exactly this for someone today who messaged me. Did it privately as I feel that’s the best way! To be clear he wanted the advice! "

Thanks again

w

“It’s a sex site mate, they only want the tall handsome and hung, and your outnumbered 500 to 1. You’d be better off chatting up someone nice down the pub then sending 1000s of messages and getting nothing back” might be the kinder way

But not everyone want tall handsome and hung, do they?! It's not something I've ever cgsed after. "

True, not everyone does, it doesn’t mean that certain people aren’t at a massive physical/statistical disadvantage on here and might be better off just chatting someone up on a night out

"I'd give pointers to help them, if they seemed genuinely interested in getting fab to work better for them.

This! I did exactly this for someone today who messaged me. Did it privately as I feel that’s the best way! To be clear he wanted the advice!

Thanks again "

Haha

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

No I’d leave them to it. A lot on here portray a profile that is fairly drab to the viewer, but sometimes you get a message from such profiles and sometimes they are hidden gems.

Sometimes those who put up a lot of negative status updates have other stuff going on and that is just a snapshot of them, they could be a hilarious sex god really, but they’re just having a bad day, or someone has said no thanks in a really shitty way and it’s knocked them.

evesham

But not everyone want tall handsome and hung, do they?! It's not something I've ever cgsed after.

True, not everyone does, it doesn’t mean that certain people aren’t at a massive physical/statistical disadvantage on here and might be better off just chatting someone up on a night out "

That's true of everyone regardless of gender etc. I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I'm easy so I do alright lol

I'm surprised no one has jumped on you for saying its a sex site

In the real world people get to see your personality more, your mannerisms, things like height don’t matter in the real world. Like seriously the height thing is stupid. You see women that are around my height (5’3) demanding all men be over 6 foot, I don’t understand that one.

But on here in the 2D you’re just a picture and some words. How many women openly state they instantly delete messages from guys with no profile picture? Or delete messages if they have disclaimers on their profile, or delete messages if they have negative status updates.

I dunno how thick your sun would have to be to constantly experience the level of rejection *some* men will get on here. God knows what that would do their mental health. I’d rather tell them not to bother.

w

True, not everyone does, it doesn’t mean that certain people aren’t at a massive physical/statistical disadvantage on here and might be better off just chatting someone up on a night out

That's true of everyone regardless of gender etc. I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I'm easy so I do alright lol

I'm surprised no one has jumped on you for saying its a sex site "

Well it’s different for women on here isn’t it. Women usually don’t struggle with offers, they struggle finding an offer they like. So it’s worth it for them to me on here because the perfect offer could come through

It’s different for guys. Some guys are on here years without even a reply. If they put all that effort into going out on a Saturday might and chatting a few girl’s up, taking up a new hobby and seeing if they meet someone there, or even just saying hi to the cute girl in the supermarket they’d have better results

My 1st comment about being willing to go clubs/socials is most important for guys. Fabs is hard work without the willingness to do those things

Well it’s different for women on here isn’t it. Women usually don’t struggle with offers, they struggle finding an offer they like. So it’s worth it for them to me on here because the perfect offer could come through

It’s different for guys. Some guys are on here years without even a reply. If they put all that effort into going out on a Saturday might and chatting a few girl’s up, taking up a new hobby and seeing if they meet someone there, or even just saying hi to the cute girl in the supermarket they’d have better results

My 1st comment about being willing to go clubs/socials is most important for guys. Fabs is hard work without the willingness to do those things "

I can vouch for that my mum said she gets tonnes of offers on here on a daily basis.. 'beating them off with a shitty stick' were her exact words. Shame it's not like that for the fellas

w

My 1st comment about being willing to go clubs/socials is most important for guys. Fabs is hard work without the willingness to do those things

I can vouch for that my mum said she gets tonnes of offers on here on a daily basis.. 'beating them off with a shitty stick' were her exact words. Shame it's not like that for the fellas "

Tell her to reply to mine then the little hussy

"In the real world people get to see your personality more, your mannerisms, things like height don’t matter in the real world. Like seriously the height thing is stupid. You see women that are around my height (5’3) demanding all men be over 6 foot, I don’t understand that one.

But on here in the 2D you’re just a picture and some words. How many women openly state they instantly delete messages from guys with no profile picture? Or delete messages if they have disclaimers on their profile, or delete messages if they have negative status updates.

I dunno how thick your sun would have to be to constantly experience the level of rejection *some* men will get on here. God knows what that would do their mental health. I’d rather tell them not to bother. "

But the point is you dont have to understand it. You can't just tell people they shouldn't bother because you wouldn't meet them.

Yes of course a good profile with good pictures is probably going to do better than one without. But absolutely nobody should tell someone else they shouldn't be.

If someone is saying they are struggling because of the amount of rejection they are getting then maybe a polite "have you considered taking a break" might be appropriate but unless that's the case it's your are anyone else's place.

I can vouch for that my mum said she gets tonnes of offers on here on a daily basis.. 'beating them off with a shitty stick' were her exact words. Shame it's not like that for the fellas

Tell her to reply to mine then the little hussy "

Her profile clearly states 'size queen' '8 inches+ or no reply' 'nice smile' 'cums gold dust'

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

If it's a bloke I'd tell him to quit while he's ahead and make friends with his right hand again. The women on here are brutal I've considered switching to men numerous times. "

Then you've pulled.

» Add a new message to this topic