FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > owners of old cats

owners of old cats

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

my poor Taz is old (bad cat mum, dont know exactly how old but i think about 20) and she has gone blind.

sadly when i am out i have to keep her confined to the kitchen. she has a comfy mat and blanket to sleep on and access to her food/litter tray.

Just recently she has just been weeing wherever she likes!! she will use her tray for number 2's but not number 1's all the time so she knows where it is.

how can i encourage her to use it all the time? i cant move it nearer to her sleeping mat and dont want to put her mat out by her tray as it is in a cold lean to.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It could just be an age thing. I had an old cat do something similar. I'm not sure there's anything you can actually do, might be worth mentioning it to the vet next time you see them, they may have some suggestions.

Could you put paper down so she associates the noise /feel?

My last 3 cats aged to over 20 years. I’ve just switched to my first dog who is now 1.

Sorry, posted before finishing! Cats do lose their toilet training when they get too old. It’s probably something to put up with. Unlike a good poo I think they just don’t realise they get wee incontinent so if they don’t realise you can’t change their behaviour

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Take her to the vet and ask to have her liver and kidneys checked. Our big old boy started doing this and he had a kidney problem.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Has there been any other changes in the house.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Has she been drinking more water as my cat went like that and he had a kidney problem sadly ..

I think however thoroughly you clean up they will smell that they have used it before. If she's going in the same place perhaps buy some puppy pads and try putting one down. Unfortunately incontinence is very common in older pets.

We have 2 cats, elderly ladies, one poos wherever she likes and its always loose. The other wees and poos wherever she likes.

They seem to be similar to elderly ladies (humans) that iv looked after.

Get some cat nappies? Yes they are a thing. Yes we sell them in Amazon!

"I think however thoroughly you clean up they will smell that they have used it before. If she's going in the same place perhaps buy some puppy pads and try putting one down. Unfortunately incontinence is very common in older pets."

Agree

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Could you pop some puppy pads down, just in case?

Or maybe the cat nappies. Although old cats are very doddery and their balance can be ropey, not sure how big cat nappies are?

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Could you pop some puppy pads down, just in case?

Or maybe the cat nappies. Although old cats are very doddery and their balance can be ropey, not sure how big cat nappies are?

"

I have got some puppy pads and to be fair she does tend to stick to them x it's just weird that it's just wees.... I'm glad it is lol

» Add a new message to this topic