FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Getting ID'd when well over 18

Getting ID'd when well over 18

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickshawed OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

We've all been there. You get to the till and get asked for ID for that beer/15 rated dvd/knife/bottle of tipex

What's the best story you've got? And how old were you?

My best one happened just over a year ago. We'd taken the kids for a short holiday to Butlins for half term. We were in the swimming pool and I took the eldest pair for a ride on the flume. I was picking up the big rubber ring to carry up and this young lifeguard stopped me to check my age. I just stared at him and said 'I'm 36'. He looked rather embarrassed. Much amused, I asked how old you need to be to take a ring. 16 he mumbled. I laughed so hard

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

He probably just wanted to check you out. I know I would

I’ve only been asked for ID once when I was in Las Vegas. You have to be 21 to do most things there.

So I sat down at blackjack table ready to play and got asked for ID. I was 30 at the time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m 34 and still get asked for ID when I’ve had a shave

Buying a bottle off jack Daniels was 28 at the time

Had to laugh at them as well I have a tattoo on the side off my neck that can’t be hidden much when in man mode

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I had a supermarket delivery recently which included some bottles of alcohol. I was standing at the front door and he asked me for my date of birth

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I was thirty one and got ID'd for a can of energy drink. The guy looked quite surprised when he read the date on my driving license

LvM

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did the lifeguard expect people to carry ID in the pool ?

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I was in Las Vegas for work, went to the bar for a bottle of water and couldn't have one because I didn't have any ID on me.

I was 30, and I was manning the booth at an exhibition, I was clearly there with my exhibition pass on a lanyard.

A couple of metres away were some slot machines, went and sat at one and a waitress came over who could fetch me absolutely any drink with no ID being necessary. Asked for a bottle of water, she went to the bar and fetched it, brought it over to me free of charge so I tipped her the $5 cost of the bottle and went back to the booth.

One of the most bizarre systems I've ever seen!

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

I wasn’t allowed to buy paracetamol last year because I didn’t have ID. I’m not sure what ID 16year olds are meant to carry around with them but rules are rules

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Those days are gone for me .......

I grunt n snort when the shop assistant comes over to 'OK' my wine purchases without even asking my age

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Those days are gone for me .......

I grunt n snort when the shop assistant comes over to 'OK' my wine purchases without even asking my age "

My mum got asked for ID in her local corner shop a few years back, she was pleased as punch until they explained they had an over-65s discount and that was what they were carding her for.

The bloody audacity!

By *ragon1booMan  over a year ago

blackwood

Can’t even remember the last time I got asked for id. Probably when I was 15 with dodgy fake id

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

I'm 33 and still get ID'd for everything. The look on their face when they see I was born in 88

I don't mind though, makes me feel younger hahaha

I was 37 and in Las Vegas, I got Id for fags and asked to leave a poker table because I didn't have my Id on me, I wasn't even playing!!

They said to go get it and come back, I said il be be coming back here

By *oah VailMan  over a year ago

Dover

I regularly got asked for id in my 20s, and remember just how annoying it was most of the time. Not the being asked, more the pisstake from my mates.

These days, the only people that say I look young enough to get id’d still are those same pisstaking mates, but now it’s because they’re jealous.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I have been asked for ID was to make sure I was over 60 which I took as a compliment

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I got asked for ID when buying a tiny individual bottle of wine in M&S, along with my ready meal for one and nibbles for the next day. This was when staying overnight in Penrith for a wheelchair basketball tournament and I was about 34

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I have been asked for ID was to make sure I was over 60 which I took as a compliment "

That's happened to my dad when buying OAP tickets for the football. He's 82!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Sorry, if I get it wrong I get a big fine, potentially sacked and a criminal record.

By *arah_tv999TV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

A bar at Washington Airport. Flight was delayed so I ordered a glass of red wine to go with the meal I'd just ordered. Was asked for ID, I was 51 at the time, when I looked surprised, the lady behind the bar picked up a laminated sheet and handed it to me. It stated that they ask everyone that orders alcoholic beverages for I.D. so as to not discriminate!

Has never happened to me, even when I was underage

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

My wife does! I never have. C'est la vie!

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

I'd consider being I.D'd a treat these days.

A few years back, I went out for some drinks with some work mates. We were lined up waiting to get into a club, my three friends just ahead of me.

When we approached the entrance, one by one the bouncers said "can I see some I.D please?... thank you, go on in", "I.D please... thank you, go on in", "I.D please... thank you, go on in".

Then when they go to me, they looked me up and down, and just said "go on in, sir".

I'll be honest, I found it a little depressing.

If you have been asked, lucky, lucky you

Not a chance that ever happening to me.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Last year, I was 44. My 18yr old son was buying some beer, had his id, chap on the checkout asked to see mine too

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If you have been asked, lucky, lucky you

Not a chance that ever happening to me. "

You look 15 to me miss. Have you any ID?

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

A lot off places operate challenge 25 procedures where basically if you look under 25 years off age they legally have to check for ID..

I say this as one off my previous jobs used to involve a lot off checking IDs on venues off patrons entering...

Look at the upside if you get ID checked it means you have aged well, unlike myself I never have been ID checked even when I was 18 then again people have mistaken me for being in my 30s since I was 19 years old and I’m only 29 but this year I turn 30

Only time I ever get ID checked to my knowledge is to present documents for a new job or on entry to a swingers club as they require everyone usually to scan their ID onto their record system

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It’s why I have a beard, without it I wouldn’t get served.

I don’t know if having such youthful good looks is a blessing or a curse

Glasgow

"Last year, I was 44. My 18yr old son was buying some beer, had his id, chap on the checkout asked to see mine too "

Bet he was proud of his mum!!

You look 15 to me miss. Have you any ID? "

It's specs you need not my ID

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Last year, I was 44. My 18yr old son was buying some beer, had his id, chap on the checkout asked to see mine too "

Smooth

LvM

Buying White Spirit while (clearly covered in paint) decorating when in my 30s in B&Q. Was so gobsmacked I didn’t know what to say and my parter just said “I’ll pay” which made it worse like she was my mum…

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Long time ago when I was 33 it was back in the day u could get cigs at 16 i was with my then 16 year old daughter woman asked me if I was 16 I said I would hope so shes 16 and I'm her mum! She said u dont look old enough to b anyones mum! Dont think she belived me x

By *eyDJMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

When I 16 I asked for ID to Baya lotto

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

I last remember getting IDed at about 26. Twice in a week. Like a last flourish of youth.

Going into a club a couple years ago. A bouncer laughed and asked for my bus pass..

Glasgow

You look 15 to me miss. Have you any ID?

It's specs you need not my ID "

Would it be all right if I stepped much closer?

By *allop2Man  over a year ago

Brighton

I get IDed constantly which is understandable, I'm still young. The problem is my hair colour no longer matches my 6/7 year old ID photo. There's at least a couple of double takes every time now, even been almost refused because of it

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

A number of years ago I purchased some craft knife blades from Hobbycraft, At the checkout I was asked to show proof that I was over 18, At that time I was 77 years old.

When I queried this I was told that when she scanned my purchase "Ask for proof of age" flashed up on the till.

Do sometimes get asked for proof of age when trying to get pensioners discounts.

» Add a new message to this topic