FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Picture got me thinking

Picture got me thinking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_Last_Titan OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

A picture of troops deployed to hospitals in London made me realise I'm getting old. They looked like they should still be in school (some of you may be old enough to remember Paul Hardcastle's one and only hit). I also had a similar thought when I visited a Dr recently.

Anything or person, you've come across recently that made you think, wow, I'm no longer the future?

(on a positive note, I'm happy in my life and don't have the worries, I'm sure people the age of these soldiers have)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I constantly feel old. 21 year olds have a more exciting life than me and I'm sat here doing a 9-5 job, whilst juggling kids, dogs and a house. What makes it worse is I'm only 4 years old than them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A picture of troops deployed to hospitals in London made me realise I'm getting old. They looked like they should still be in school (some of you may be old enough to remember Paul Hardcastle's one and only hit). I also had a similar thought when I visited a Dr recently.

Anything or person, you've come across recently that made you think, wow, I'm no longer the future?

(on a positive note, I'm happy in my life and don't have the worries, I'm sure people the age of these soldiers have) "

Young uns like you saying they are old make me feel elderly! I'm old enough to be your older sister!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Any time I get dragged to a nightclub and wonder why children with bum fluff are trying to chat me up and how they got in.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Any time I get dragged to a nightclub and wonder why children with bum fluff are trying to chat me up and how they got in. "

Worse when the bouncer looks like he should be in school too

LvM

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm old enough to remember nnnnnnnineteen.

It does bring you up short when people in positions of responsibility are young enough to be your children or even grandchildren at a pinch. One example really stands out for me. We put our house up for sale and the agent handling the sale was at school with our son . He asked very respectfully if we were his parents. When he'd gone we looked at each other and said "that's it, we're officially old"

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I’m not sure I ever thought of myself as ‘the future’, but the realisation that there are many less days ahead of me than there are behind me is quite sobering.

» Add a new message to this topic