FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bird Flu Crosses Species to Humans

Bird Flu Crosses Species to Humans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that a human person in the UK has contracted bird flu from an actual bird..

What the hell is going on here ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d have thought it was obvious from the headline.

A person has got bird flu.

Must of been choking the chicken too often

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

Wow he caught bird flu from an bird and here i was cows got bird flu

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

It's not the first time that avian flu has crossed from bird to human... it's done it on rare occasions since it was discover in 2013.

There have only been 2 cases of suspected human to human transmission.

The issue is when a virus mutates to make human to human transmission more possible... like the fast mutations of SARS-CoV-2 or Covid19

Chelmsford

"It's not the first time that avian flu has crossed from bird to human... it's done it on rare occasions since it was discover in 2013.

There have only been 2 cases of suspected human to human transmission.

The issue is when a virus mutates to make human to human transmission more possible... like the fast mutations of SARS-CoV-2 or Covid19"

This could be just the start...

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Often viruses have species barriers, bird viruses often need an intermediary to infect humans I think its most often pigs, as chickens and pigs are often kept in close proximity, if we're exposed often and for prolonged periods theres more chance the virus will nump the barrier.

Viruses are doing what viruses do seek out a new host,if it finds a species that isn't its normal host it might be unlucky or in this case lucky its found a weakness it hadn't exploited before probably through a mutation in its original host.

nothing new in viruses changing/mutating. If they didn't they'd very quickly be extinct.

On a list of things I'd be worried about this ain't even on it.

Chelmsford

"Often viruses have species barriers, bird viruses often need an intermediary to infect humans I think its most often pigs, as chickens and pigs are often kept in close proximity, if we're exposed often and for prolonged periods theres more chance the virus will nump the barrier.

Viruses are doing what viruses do seek out a new host,if it finds a species that isn't its normal host it might be unlucky or in this case lucky its found a weakness it hadn't exploited before probably through a mutation in its original host.

nothing new in viruses changing/mutating. If they didn't they'd very quickly be extinct.

On a list of things I'd be worried about this ain't even on it. "

Not worried? A human man has caught birdflu...

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

The 4th jab should have it covered

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Often viruses have species barriers, bird viruses often need an intermediary to infect humans I think its most often pigs, as chickens and pigs are often kept in close proximity, if we're exposed often and for prolonged periods theres more chance the virus will nump the barrier.

Not worried? A human man has caught birdflu..."

Let’s hope the birds don’t start catching man flu

Chelmsford

Well there are financial pressures on poultry farmers to say nothing. All chicken should be chlorinated like the Americans do to prevent the spread to humans...

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Not worried? A human man has caught birdflu..."

Which as I said... is not the first time. Its the first time it's happened in the UK but its been happening since 2013...

Having seen some of your recent posts, are you OK? Have you got people to talk to, you seem to have some.rosing anxiety levels.

[Removed by poster at 06/01/22 20:58:45]

Oh no here we go ...they goin to make everyone get bird flu vaccinations now

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

It's all over the flu's

Chelmsford

This is how it all starts..

If it's not serious then why do they slaughter these birds and put exclusion zones on.

More to this than meets the eye

Not worried? A human man has caught birdflu..."

I’d be far more worried if a non human man had caught it!

Burnleyish (She/They)

"This is how it all starts..

If it's not serious then why do they slaughter these birds and put exclusion zones on.

More to this than meets the eye "

Because its deadly and spreds really quickly among birds, who by the fact they are birds, are hard to control and stop them from travelling miles....

In 2001 many of my friends were or were nearly put out of business when 10 million livestock were culled during the foot and mouth outbreak

Chelmsford

"This is how it all starts..

More to this than meets the eye

Because its deadly and spreds really quickly among birds, who by the fact they are birds, are hard to control and stop them from travelling miles....

In 2001 many of my friends were or were nearly put out of business when 10 million livestock were culled during the foot and mouth outbreak"

Ask yourself this..

Why was the government doing this..

OBS a very risky situation..

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Masks for birds methinks.

Another lockdown pending, millions of birds culled, we might all be eating pork at Christmas.

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Another lockdown pending, millions of birds culled, we might all be eating pork at Christmas. "

About time there was money in keeping pigs!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Bloody bill gates again...

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

I became shallow, materialistic and self obsessed. Doctor said it was a bad case of influencer..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

On a list of things I'd be worried about this ain't even on it. "

It's pigs needed as an intermediary yes, but the reason is biochemical.

Human receptors for influenza virus are the same as pig receptors, but slightly different to bird receptors.

Pigs have both the "human" version of the receptor but also the "bird" version, so pigs can act as mutation vessels for influenza viruses that can then possess suitable surface proteins to fit into the "human" receptors.

This is why H1N1 "swine" flu was much more of a human health concern than H5N1 "bird" flu.

If humans acquire a very high infectious dose of "bird" flu, the sheer numbers mean sufficient binding may happen of unmutated "bird" flu, thus causing human infection but this is pretty rare.

By *ovespudsMan  over a year ago

Swindon

OH PHOOK

Just imagine how shitty it'll get if pigs get bird flu and then learn to fly

Time to start worrying is when the simian flu starts to spread!

Chelmsford

Well it is worrying

Chelmsford

If it's not birds then it's hedgehogs..

What is the answer ...

Some species cannot co exist..

» Add a new message to this topic